Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest uchix_francois

aish. you guys are soooo serious about the debut it sounds scary. i decide to be happy for the girls whatever the result is.

its always heart warming to read fan accounts of fans who go to Korea and waited at JYPE building to finally met our girls there. must be an unforgettable experience.

http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/0e4156c602582769041b266b2bb0fcfd_large.jpg can i take this doll home ?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Full Fancam] Wonder Girls @ Twin Towers Live KLCC HD 110408

sorry for the late upload.. my internet is so slow T.T ..so many HQ pictures!!! that's why I took fancam instead ^ ^ ... TH-WFs are awesome... the one that stand beside me totally shout her lungs out!!!! thank you so much~!!! hahahaha.. and very lucky Natcha cuz got to see Sunmi T.T ~ hope next time WG come to MY..they'll bring S unmi along...even though not to perform but atleast watch them performing...LOL.. dreaming T.T~~

wow! all of your opinion is amazing! haha, i felt down before bcs i'm worried about the wg's US debut album, but i guess supporting them whether they will succeed or not is the MOST important thing. wg fightinggggg~~~~~!

and have you all read about SNSD and WG doing korean comeback at the same time?? i'm really excited for it! now, i dont really think much about the outcome, cause i JUST want to support the girls with whatever i can do.. wonderfuls must stay united!

and i'm really sorry that i havent introduced myself to you all amazing wonderfuls. i'm a new soompier, a Malaysian and 18 y/o this yr. my name's Mira btw! hope that i can be close with you guys, and i'll try to help in updating about the wonder girls as much as i can. :))

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls currently working on BOTH their English and Korean album!!

Girls’ Generation vs. Wonder Girls, a Big Match of 2011

The 2 popular girl group in the KPop industry will go against each other during the last half of 2011.

According to Girls’ Generation, they will be releasing a new album with brand new songs this September and will be returning to the music industry. Also, according to Wonder Girls, they are currently planning on returning to the Korean stage during the last half of 2011.

The 2 groups are planning on combining their activities in Korea. On the 27th, Girls’ Generation will be releasing their Japanese single, Mister Taxi, and are planning on focusing on their Japanese promotion.

As for Wonder Girls, they will be focusing on the American market during the first half of 2011. Currently, they have been traveling back and forth from Korea to America to prepare for their new album and once again, Wonder Girls have been placed on the Billboard Charts. On this album, Park Jinyoung and world famous producers have participated and are working for a spot on the Billboard Charts.

In the music industry, Wonder Girls are trying to accomplish the goal of making a comeback on the Korean stage during the last half of the year.

Regarding this situation, JYP Entertainment talked with Star News on the 13th and said, “As of right now, nothing has been confirmed in details. They are slowly working on both the Korean and American albums at the same time,” and raised the possibility of their comeback.

If both of these group’s comeback is possible during the last half of the year, they will be going head to head once again after their first encounter during October of 2010.

At the time, Girls’ Generation were promoting Hoot while Wonder Girls were promoting 2DT and created a retro trend. If Wonder Girls showed a funky, old-school style, Girls’ Generation transformed into Bond Girl where they showed off their bright and yet sexy side, which became a hot issue.

Many of the fans are keeping an eye on the 2 popular girl groups and are curious as to what kind of concept and music they’ll bring during the last half of 2011.

Stay tuned to KPoplive for more news on the comeback of Girls’ Generation and Wonder Girls!

Source: Park Youngwoong @ Star News

Translated By: eunjin @ Kpoplive.com

Credit http://www.kpoplive.com/2011/04/12/girls-generation-vs-wonder-girls-a-big-match-of-2011/

Guest yubin4ever

LOL did you guys see Sunmi's tweet about the Math problem that everyone has been talking about today?? The problem was:

what is 48÷2(9+3)?

Sunmi tweeted: 2라고 생각했는데 뭐 또 2가되려면 대괄호가들어가야한다 어쩐다이런말이 있고.. 흠 288인가.. 주위의 능력자한분께선 2라는데..

Source:Sunmi's twitter http://twitter.com/#!/mimimimi0502/status/56970741152890880

My apologies. I am not sure how to properly link twitter pages on soompi blush.gif

Translation:Wonder Girls’ Sunmi also tweeted about the above equation, “I thought it was 2, but some ppl said this and that about there needing to be a square bracket for the answer to be 2.. Hmm, is the answer 288… A smart person I know said it was 2..”

Credit:Allkpop

I can't believe she got 2!! I was telling everyone it was 288 lol. I guess me and Mimi are not meant to be together lol...or maybe opposites attract B)

I wonder if the smart person that she knows is a professor at her school that she showed it to. I can definitely see her doing that lol

Edit:Didnt realize i topped a page. So here's a picture of my bias Sohee doing one of her famed dance moves from Nobody. Love the shape her hands make lol

6.jpg?w=590&h=393

Guest xjjjLOVE

Personally for me on 2NE1, I think the Wonder Girls have one things that almost guarantee's them an upper hand in this race in America, true 2NE1 may have more connections, and the hip hop type of appeal but in all honesty the girls have been in America since 2009, their English is going to give them the upper hand, now I'm not saying that 2NE1's English is not commendable, but Wonder Girls definitely have more fluency in their speech which will undeniably be a boost, because truthfully, Americans are a tough, rough, all around crude crowd. If there's even a hint of an accent it's not going to go down well, unless they autotune it so much you won't be able to tell. So in my opinion without knowing anything else, I say Wonder Girls has a great chance of doing well. For sure 2NE1 is going to be go for their badass image and it's a HUGE risk by YG, because there are only two outcomes from them, success, or total failure, whilst Wonder Girls usually have more of a universal type of style, whatever floats anyones boat. I think we can make assumptions, but I wouldn't put my money on anything. If Wonder Girls do succeed it's a win win for both groups, if they don't it's going to make it undeniably harder for 2NE1 to succeed, but at the same time, I just hope Americans don't go about dubbing them the "Asian chicks" because then they would just be lumped together as one....it may sound stupid, but trust me I can clearly see it happening.

So I guess I'm saying we shouldn't worry, what happens, happens. I have full faith that the Wonder Girls CAN do well, and even if they don't, they have the continent of Asia that revers them, it's not to shabby. Other then that...we should continue cheering both sides on, if one side wins so does the other in a small way. Black Jacks and Wonderfuls should really come together to give each other a helping hand to cheer on all of the girls.

Guest *bluebutterfly*

So I guess Wonder Girls are really coming back to Korea this year, as well as making their US debut. Wow~ It's going to be a big year, but like Sunye said before, every year something big happens. I'm really looking forward to everything. :D

I don't want to think too much about the WG and 2NE1's comparisons tbh, because they have very different music styles. As it's beeen mentioned 2NE1 do have their connections and their music is probably more suited to those in the US, but because this is something you would normally find in the US, so it might be harder. Whereas the Wonder Girls are sticking to their original music style they have been working with all long and haven't changed, even though their concept might not be something people in the US are used to. And with that, I think they have done pretty well. Also, Wonder Girls now have connections too.

I have seen a lot of people say something along the lines of "2DT was a fail" and anything else that was negative about the Korean comeback and US promotions, this is just warming up. They haven't started properly yet, so there's more to come. Everyone thinks 2DT was a fail, but actually it did quite good in the charts. They didn't win #1 but they did good at the year end charts, so it wasn't a fail.

Guest r1988

Girls’ Generation vs. Wonder Girls, a Big Match of 2011

Regarding this situation, JYP Entertainment talked with Star News on the 13th and said, “As of right now, nothing has been confirmed in details. They are slowly working on both the Korean and American albums at the same time,” and raised the possibility of their comeback

thank u so much for the article Im so excited to hear to both albums now I wonder if the songs that yeeun wrote will be included in the album ...I dont care who the girls will be facing as long as they are back Im happy

Guest wonderr23

woot...this year is going to be really interesting! WG, SNSD, and i think 2NE1 as well will be having a comeback this September. kkkk Can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

shared?

IMG_9966-420x630.jpg

36aded4acd4e50ebb67be0e98b84221e_large.jpg

460646e950b87b41205f2d5c1d50daf4_large.jpg

9b88f7c4c941f44558d46e4d8de88e05_large.jpg

aaed53ea1f08c27aa2acc5166b2999e7_large.jpg

299ccdc7f2fa8fcce01c5052b2f70519_large.jpg

cr: as tagged

Guest tiffanydawn

Credit http://www.kpoplive.com/2011/04/12/girls-generation-vs-wonder-girls-a-big-match-of-2011/

I just hope their album (both Korean and English) won't be postponed again. It has been postponed for millionsssssssss of times already. STOP THE PRESS RELEASE, JYP. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry if I may seem arrogant. It's just that I'm becoming impatient because we've wait for this for almost 3 long years.

And about 2NE1's American debut, I'm not really that threatened about it. I believe our girls have the bigger chance to make it big in the US.

Guest wonderr23

BTW Yenny tweeted few minutes ago~ She tweeted about a spot/blemishes.. blush.gif

trans:

pudding with bare face selca playing kkkk Goodbye spots~ kkk

푸딩과함께하는 쌩얼셀카놀이 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 잡티안녕 ㅋㅋㅋ http://t.co/Gj1g2Xh

40 minutes ago

jmnru.jpg

Guest WGbee

just wanna share with you guys fancams of Wonder Girls in Malaysia by MYWonderfuls including the Wonder Girls' arrival in KLIA.Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CB97F59B01B214C7

Btw, the girls were awesome in person!! Although they were tired after the concert, they will always stop by if fans ask for signatures even if it was 12am or 3am and with a smile on their face!! That's why I never believe it if there's news about Wonder Girls acting like "Divas". Trust me, never trust those newspapers that speak badly about the girls unless you saw it with your own eyes. Can't wait for the girls' comeback!

Guest qoxie

Found an unshared photo album of WG's solo concert in Hong Kong late last year.

I spot Kim Hwa Young too; she was one of the 2 main backup dancers.

Omitted the uploader's personal photos out of privacy.

wSUyL.jpg

NbrLE.jpg

0XAb7.jpg

j5T22.jpg

ePYF8.jpg

kzrEZ.jpg

Ne0P5.jpg

zH7cJ.jpg

uKcgX.jpg

ki78v.jpg

rcspd.jpg

GvKXj.jpg

kxI0B.jpg

R6QfR.jpg

89QOu.jpg

0U0CJ.jpg

cnHPb.jpg

KQjKA.jpg

D91yz.jpg

QyKoQ.jpg

7XYvt.jpg

zBRoo.jpg

p4uDB.jpg

2wOl4.jpg

yCrkH.jpg

BMBQS.jpg

0ekoz.jpg

6gjAw.jpg

HqrrT.jpg

H49ph.jpg

E9ew0.jpg

OBmCW.jpg

JPZw9.jpg

ZPaca.jpg

L4uRQ.jpg

NK9Bc.jpg

qYLmN.jpg

4wmoo.jpg

5eGf4.jpg

WjbA7.jpg

Guest onedaymaniac

bout the wg vs 2ne1 thingy...do i feel threatened?not gonna lie,yes...a bit.

same when jyj decided to venture in u.s market.but then i learned that

it's not easy to gain success in u.s music scene coz they're not like kpop.

you debut in the big 3,you're surely succeed in less than a year.

but u.s,no matter how big you are in asia or kpop you gona start back from zero.

even some good singers in u.k not really famous in u.s like blue...

im a fan of them but not many americans know them.

right now the girls only need a hit song and they gonna mark their name there.

ly3z3.jpg

cr:as tagged,twitter

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls cameo on The Last Godfather

Wonder Girls Last Godfather Cameo

Credit MsFlameful@youtube

LOL the music is so loud you can bearly hear the actors talking. Lim got lots of close up shots, also the original English version is used so Sunmi's voice is heard in the song

20110102thelastgodfathe.jpg

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls featured in the May 2011 issue of Teen Vogue Magazine.

Lim surprised me for a sec lol and Sohee looks really adorable (Edit: omg just saw a clearer pic and Sohee's eyes look weird, definitely not the best pic of the girls)

20110413teenvoguemay201.jpg

Wonder Girls @followWG in May edition of Teen Vogue. Page 116

Credit 7Jon@twitter

Guest bammie92

oh man! english and korean comeback??? this totally make my day. don't worry wonderfuls! our girls gonna be kicking richard simmons and you know it XD

okay. so the photoshoot of vogue is a bit weird. but that's what high-fashion are. fashion are weird just look at LadyGaga. i'm so loving Lim's make up here. it is just me or Yoobin looks like Hyori??

Archived