Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest r1988

KeyEast, SM, YG, JYP & more join forces to establish a new global agency, “United Asia Management”

20110407_uam_1.jpg

KeyEast, AMENT, Star J Entertainment, SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment will be joining forces to create a huge Asian management agency named ‘United Asia Management‘!

This joint investment corporate body was created out of an effort to develop an industry that will push ‘Hallyu’ to ‘Asianlyu’. United Asia Management aims to pioneer a global market, and all artists under the six agencies will be under a database system that manages intellectual property rights. A new contents production system will be utilized as well for movies, dramas, and other media. UAM will also be acting as the global agency for artists planning to advance, or currently promoting in, overseas.

On April 8th, the CEO of KeyEast Entertainment, Yang Geun Hwan, stated, “Using the experience each company has in advancing overseas, we will be bringing together each company’s business know-hows and network systems as the base for our new agency. We are looking forward to this collaboration in creating a synergistic effect for the advancement of not only Korea’s entertainment industry, but Asia as well.”

UAM will be officially established as of April 2011, and will be the new home to artists such as Jang Dong Gun, Hyun Bin, Shin Min Ah, Bae Yong Joon, Kim Hyun Joong, BoA, Lee Yeon Hee, Goo Hye Sun, Big Bang, Rain, 2PM, miss A, the Wonder Girls, and many others.

Source + Photos: Sports Chosun via Naver

Credit:AIIKPOP

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xjjjLOVE

^So will Wonder Girls be in both JYP and UAM as sort of joint custody...? As well as the rest of JYP Nation?

*quoted image*

LOL THIS!(about the purple misconception) The official color is pearl burgundy but when you see the light sticks it comes off as purple ish? I dunno some fans have said when the light sticks are on they come out burgundy maybe the pictures don't do it justice?. Don't feel bad about though it really does look like purple in the wonderful ocean pics LOL, I used to see wonder girls highlighted in purple a lot so I would always go...waaaaait LOLOLOL. its my bias but pearl burgundy is such a feminine, sexy, classy color and suits the girls so well<3

thanks so much for the clear up it makes a lot of sense now, I guess the glow sticks are kind of more purple but their balloons are more purple red, either way, Wonderfuls even today aren't a group to be taken lightly!

any heedragon fans?

Heedragon is my LIFE *.*

Kidding.....but seriously, one of my faveeee couplings of all time!

Also about the album being like 2DT, I really hope not... :(

Truthfully I may be getting my hopes up but I feel like when Sunye talks about a comeback she means an all out comeback, because it seems as if she really understands that Wonderfuls have been waiting an incredibly long time, knowing the US market, it might take months for the album to actually take off, and once it actually does they could probably promote the album for over a year...unlike in S. Korea. So hopefully JYP will continue to spread their music in the US while the girls can actively promote in SK for the remainder of 2011.

Guest adikkeluangman

The girls doing sound check right now. My friend can hear it from her house. Her house near KLCC. It really HOT right now. I hope the weather will be cool by the time the girls performed. Any idea which hotel they staying.

15.33 It's Tell Me now~!!!!!!

15.36 i want nobody,nobody but youuuu~!!hahahahahahahhahaha

just have to ask. anyone knows where can i get WG's merchandise? like t-shirts, laptop case, even the cosmetics(maybe..huu) in malaysia? all i found was for other idol groups' merchandise... :'(

Guest qoxie

^

Those studio pics are from the Youngstreet portal, I believe.

I can't access it; my internet security says the site is currently infected.

Anyway, here are a couple more published pics by them.

I have also seen a ELF-translated copy of one of these two YS photoessays. (Too bad WFs can no longer match their efficiency.)

Will get around to re-translating it....

aotbi.jpg

- - - - - - - -

Looks like WG had arrived last night instead.

Must have taken the mid-afternoon flight from Seoul then. (Why did LIM tweet before lunch?)

Reportedly not many WFs waiting at the KLIA airport, but then it's a week night....

Guest valentino_rossi46

So angry article by Sport Chosun,allkpop translate it

2011040702316_0.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/vocal-professionals-rank-the-best-and-worst-singing-idol-groups-and-members

Lastly, we have the worst singing idol group members.

The list begins with Wonder Girls‘ member Sohee, who placed 1st with 12 points.

“It seems as if she only has parts that last a few seconds, so it’s almost as if she’s not even there.”

Seriously? Vocal professionals? And they said So Hee only sing few seconds? Have they ever heard she sing? In every song, So Hee always must sings at least 2 long verse, well, or even in Tell me she even sings more than others. Come on! Other girlsgroup use a lot of back up, when chorus they often dont sing, each member just few seconds really sing (ye they even admited their part is 5s-9s only), but in WGs, each memeber must sing a lot, they almost have equal part

So Hee singing skill is not so good compared to other member, but she's not the worst among idols >< . She always sings many and her stage presence is great, who see WGs performance and didnt pay attention to So hee? . She only sings few second? As it she's not there? They are really vocal professional? They really hear and see WGs performance? I dont think so

Guest sushii-viet

Seriously? Vocal professionals? And they said So Hee only sing few seconds? Have they ever heard she sing? In every song, So Hee always must sings at least 2 long verse, well, or even in Tell me she even sings more than others. Come on! Other girlsgroup use a lot of back up, when chorus they often dont sing, each member just few seconds really sing (ye they even admited their part is 5s-9s only), but in WGs, each memeber must sing a lot, they almost have equal part

So Hee singing skill is not so good compared to other member, but she's not the worst among idols >< . She always sings many and her stage presence is great, who see WGs performance and didnt pay attention to So hee? . She only sings few second? As it she's not there? They are really vocal professional? They really hear and see WGs performance? I dont think so

Exactly, I'm thinking like you.

Did they ever heard Sohee singing with lower pitches? Did they hear her singing "Survivor"?

Her voices is a little weak compared to others members but there is plenty idol worse than her.

I agree with you.

Sohee might not be the greatest singer out there, but I honestly don't believe that she deserves to be crowned the top worst singer in all of kpop. Sohee's verses are usually the catchiest part of the song, and two to three seconds? are they serious? Have they analyzed their songs before speaking? If they were to speak about short lines and merely two seconds of the song maybe they should be speaking towards a larger group since wonder girls are only five members they all have equal parts that fit their voices.

Guest qoxie

^

I saw it on Naver Search earlier & chose to ignore it.

They are basing it on deep-seated stereotypical impressions. To each his or her own.

How much has Sohee performed live in Korea since 2008 anyway?

- - - - - -- -- -

Someone just tweeted that WG did a photoshoot with Majalah Mangga ('Mango Magazine') at noon.

I texted him back to verify/confirm. Waiting for response....

A lot of people were on twitter in the past hour, saying they heard WG rehearsing. LOL

Guest lovepapupi

Do not be angry wonderful. I do not even give a damn about the news. Because I think the rank was biased. Try to imagine even Sunye not included in the category of best voice. Even they say Kara is the worst singing idol groups. And obviously a lot groups worse than them. Just as happened with Sohee. They said she received the title because she only has parts that last a few seconds, so it’s almost as if she’s not even there. But clearly she had more parts in each of the Wonder Girls song. While in other groups even some of their members simply sing three words and they have more worse singer in their group compare to Sohee. Very funny observation from Korean music experts. After all we know Sohee not the best singer out the of Wonder Girls members but certainly not as bad or worse than any other groups. We must continue to support Sohee and the Wonder Girls members.

Guest qoxie

^

I saw some tweets (passerbys? office workers?) commenting they saw the balloons too

As if the loud speakers during rehearsals didn't advertise enough.

WONDER EFFECT ^^

- - - - - - - - -

Wonder Girls will perform 8 songs tonight! n microphone stands are back! xD via @Saroly_eiei

Cr: TH_Wonderfuls @ twitter (translator), Saroly_eiei @ twitter (sender)

Guest qoxie

^

Thanks!

I think he tweeted the setlist too.

Whattayaknow, more songs than WG had performed during the showcases.

2DT, so hot, irony, this fool, saying i love you, this time, tell me, nobody. Oooosh cant wait!!!!

Cr: shaunchung @ twitter

Thanks for the WonderGirls pictures, they look so pretty ^^ and they'll perform 8songs, WOW!!! Can't wait =D

About the article from Sport Chosun, I think they didn't even check WonderGirls' performances... and their list is really useless because they just said what everyone says. and they are professionals ? Well, if they really are maybe they shouldn't just put random idols there, and maybe check Sohee's parts before they judge. Obviously Sohee is not the best KPOP singer but she is far from the worst !!! Some idols have 5 words to sing in a whole song and they still fail at it or they lipsync it. At least Sohee has many lines that she sings LIVE. In Tell Me she has 8 lines. and it's not short lines... In Nobody  it's the same, 8. In Irony they all have the same number of lines (4), 2DT she has 8, in So Hot she has 4 + her part in the chorus. and she even has dance parts sometimes (solo dance for Tell Me). She's one of the best dancer, she's singing and also rapping... Sohee is definitely NOT the worst idol or less talented idol, to me she is talented. She's singing as much as Sunye/Yeeun. At least JYP doesn't ignore her just because she's not as good as others =) Go Sohee !!! Let's support Sohee and WonderGirls 100% =)

Guest Ly0209

The only producer I know who has the guts to let an average singer sing is JYP!

SoHee is good at singing but the best, she is average, she is more a dancer(the best dancer in the group).

She sounds 1000o times better when sings in low pitch and she is fierce when she rap! I don't understand why people say the Sohee can't sing, she haven't got the chance to show it yet! Only we Wonderfuls know how amazing she is!

JYP let slit the part so equally, because they are singers, have we see it from the other groups`? Noo, actually, the others producer don't dare to let his average singers to sing!

Then why is the person a singer???

I have seen worse! Sohee is not the worst!

Many idols nowadays sing like 5-10 seconds and nobody don't realize that they can't sing!

Sohee is brave, even tough she is not the best singer out there, she sings equally as a main vocal.

Not bashing, but 2ne1, snsd, sistar, after school and T-ara. From their group we can only hear more than half of the songs from the main vocals/lead vocals.

Where are the others? Aren't they aswell singers and idols?

Guest shinhdeplol

Yeeun and Sunmi tweeted :w00t:

Yeeun's new tweet pic

64650966.jpg

푸딩카메라 좋다 ㅋㅋㅋ yfrog.com/h464650966j

Sunmi's tweet. She seems to be in a good mood :wub:

Let's give it a shotttttttttttttttt!

EDIT:

Our Queen of fanservice is definitely back!!! :lol: She tweeted 2 more photos with Yubin <333

vxecm1.jpg

2e3ef1.jpg

유비뇽 염색하다!!!!!!! 이쁘죠 ㅋㅋ http://t.co/wqJWQhd http://t.co/PbLHkV

EDIT EDIT:

2 more :lol:

3llcp.jpg

bgfnm.jpg

림옌윱 ㅋㅋ 공연장으로 출발~~!! http://t.co/DV16hDv http://t.co/L6ysGK

They must be having a really good time :wub:

yoobin's hair is so sexy.... yenny is back so happy! those pictures of the three of them (yenny, yubin, lim) they are so ssexy and cute woah...

Guest yubin4ever

Honestly, I have been thinking for a while that more than half the people who think Sohee is such a horrible singer are just bandwagon haters and really dont have a really good excuse as to WHY they think Sohee is the worst Kpop singer and that article proved it by not making any sense with what they said. She never sings for a few seconds in their songs and her parts in songs are some of the crowds favorites, so she is not easily forgettable. Eh, at least us Wonderfuls know that Sohee is an ok singer and definitely has her moments.

I really cant wait to see a fan cam of IRONY!!! I feel like its been so long. I miss that song and really really hope they do a full performance of it :D

Archived