Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest *bluebutterfly*

This chart is ranking the best female idol singers.

credit: Daum

Sunmi deserves a much higher place than she holds. She rarely makes mistakes, goes off key etc and I know this is going to sound bias but she has a really great voice, it's different compared to other female idols, because she has a husky voice.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello! i really love wonder girls.

In my opinion, I can say that Wonder Girls opened the door for other girl group or even boy band to gain popularity in other countries. Because of the achievement of the Wonder Girls, other countries became open to KPOP. They also made the people explore the KPOP world. So it's a big Thanks to Wonder Girls. Wonder Girls are the best. I hope that they will achieve more because they deserve much success. They are the most humble group ever. I hope they can visit Philippines in the future... God bless Wonder Girls. :)

@patience

LOL at first I thought you put 'patience' for the wonder girls like a phrase and I was just excited thinking 'YES WE NEED PATIENCE!' then I saw your username lololol. 

@*bluebutterfly* 

you have such good points too! that whole #1 thing for 9 weeks or whatever I just want to say what else were people supposed to listen to? LOL. 'gee' virtually had no competition as opposed to 'tell me' which had go against 'lies', 'so hot' went up against 'look only at me' and 'nobody' went toe to toe with 'haru haru' 'sunset glow' and 'mitotic' (to name a few) I mean I remember what 'gee' was going against and so its no surprise it was 9 weeks just saying anyway LOL. you're so right I can't wait for korea to see what the rest of asia's been seeing, I feel like korea underestimated how successful the girls could be because all they went to hear about is korea and japan activities. and cnjaciop JUNE<2

& your second post about the chart omg so rude Sunmi does not deserve that lower ranking -______- she should at least be where minzy is! the songs the girls had to sing aren't songs that vocally show off the girls so that chart is wrong! lol I'm so biased, but I feel sunny should be one more tier higher (at the least) 

ps your sunmi icon is flawless! 

@qoxie 

thanks so much for everything you translate I wish I could help in some way but all I can do is thank you. I always come here for WG news first instead of other pop sites and that has a lot to do with your translations and updates :)

@seafood

I agree with you so much, kpop is always about 'right now' unless they're veterans. its such a shame, all of todays girl groups can literally be traced back to the wonder girls and people are eating up some of these new girl groups like they're completely original.

@jcsmark

yee thanks for posting these,I never look at twitter aha. poor minleada she does look tired in that first pic :(she looks ok though in the later pics.  njacicij those pics of them practicing the new song its so exciting! 

I'm trying not to get my hopes up that comes out in april, because april's right around the corner and things always get pushed back but I'm so happy to see some proof (LOL) that these songs are actually coming sooner than later!PLEASE BE HERE BY JUNE NEW SONGS<3

I'm ready to see another pic like this for 2011.<3

73955011.png

Guest *bluebutterfly*

digigirl99: Yup, I agree with that. Wonder Girls have always had good competition, and the competition was normally against sunbaes who already have a very strong position in kpop industry, and they still very well for themeslves. And thank you. :D

Even though the main singers normally get the most lines anyway but i think the chart looks as if it's partly based on who are the main singers in each group and the number of lines they get in each song. These types of charts can never be correct anyway. It's more of a matter of opinion.

Guest qoxie

Finally, more evidence that WG is buckling down to finish the album for good!

Folks, it's a-coming! It's a-coming!(lol)

EDIT: The Korea media is starting to report the latest WG studio photos, along with assorted fan reactions:

http://news.search.n...3Aall%2Ca%3Aall

- - - - - - - - -

Joongang Daily did re-translate their Jo Kwon report for their Chinese portal.

There is another media article from Taiwan, which I will get around in my next session since it contains only a WG mention (but a praiseworthy one).

HCH34.jpg

http://cn.joins.com/...category=003002

WONDERGIRLS + Jo Kwon selcas in sunglasses

JoongAng Daily Chinese 2011-03-24 07:53

2AM Jo Kwon made public some selcas he took with several WONDERGIRLS members.

On March 23, Jo Kwon tweeted a 'WONDERGIRLS & Jo Kwon in Thailand, happily clowning around together' message, along with a couple of photos.

In the pictures, the quartet of Jo Kwon, Sohee, Sunye & Yeeun were wearing sunglasses & spotting mischievous expressions. In particular, the selca of Jo Kwon & Sohee looked just like a magazine pictorial & left people gasping.

Netizens said: "[They] really look like fashion pictorials from a magazine", "JYP alliance united in sunglasses?" "They might be selcas, but the character portrayal is outstanding" & other well-received responses.

- - - - - - - - - -

Mandoo made the fashion pages again.

Article title translates as: "Wonder Girls Sohee airport fashion: carrying a Celine Boston Tote 'Smiley handbag""

2qV9A.jpg

Source: http://www.haibao.cn/article/176609.htm

skM7ms.jpg

Guest my2wonder

kekekekekekekekekekek .......woaaaah nice nice ... what's your name in japanese nation blog??

maybe i know you ... is it meme girl??!!!

no :D you don't know me ~ you don't know me ~ so shut off girl :P LOLI'm Meme WG and you were vote for Fx as best girl group through twitter in allkpop's poll so I knew that you're Fx fan , but good to know that you are a new wonderful <3 is it because of me ? :D <aish go out my2wonder :P <

Wow so many new Wonderfuls here ^^ Welcome to you all <3

thanx babe <3

@my2wonder & asoo welcome Im also Arab wonderful happy.gifيا هلا فيكم و على فكره انا وندرفل من الامارات

and congrats of our girls winning the poll and honestly Im not shocked I always felt that our are the most popular with arab kpop fans btw my2wonder qoxie is a male fan wonderful sweatingbullets.gif

@r1988 Hi dear :D

BTW qoxie sorry for that +_+ I'm proud of you boy  :D

@digigirl99  welcome back :D

soheechul fan art <3

tumblr_l5axzoCJ3z1qa8oe5.png

no :D you don't know me ~ you don't know me ~ so shut off girl :P LOLI'm Meme WG and you were vote for Fx as best girl group through twitter in allkpop's poll so I knew that you're Fx fan , but good to know that you are a new wonderful <3 is it because of me ? :D <aish go out my2wonder :P

No i Did'nt Vote For Fx in AllKpop i swear -.-

and how did you know .... cuz i didn't even vote ><

Guest my2wonder

^

LOL :sweatingbullets:

BTW guys did anyone know about JYPE's postal  address ! because arab wonderful want to send a gifts to wonder girls but we didn't know their postal  address to send it !

can anyone help us ???

and BTW this is some signatures by arab wonderful you can all use it if you want :D

enjoy it :wub:

022811120255apf7ys2ypes9zw0.png

022411070227e01dwajccqqh.png

022411070227fqd9qpvo8.png

0224110702273ysrcj9vx.png

022411070227lfy1l1ltwg1j7vh.png

022411070227luclfq4.png

0224110702276rnva4qb4mf9la.png

0224110702274e5gtiqg.png

022411070227c6azjg4rgny.png

022411070227m73stkaaxy321ufln.png

022411070227r13n2g0tm.png

022411070227yh0vxv39yxwwxn3m47.png

022411070227yboatyr5iig4rzr.png

0224110702278mmxiz2n41.png

022411070227rebuwr6hd6m.png

022411070227bgjfgyxyb17rep0fme8l.png

022411070227xxqunhn4yi6jbp.png

022411070227eih2bhpy.png

0224110702271pfxv96yimgh0ztj7f5v.png

0224110702272wb18f39ohqoap6.png

022411070227xhnh9upos0wj359d54a.png

022411070256m2dx3jqn7vd2.png

02241107025687zpn4287.png

02241107025643k0vej6ivg.png

022411070256emk7adn0x38tz54ie7.png

022411070256hfto7hli.png

022411070256r43es6br6ur98.png

022411070256hoiq0u02ud32.png

0224110702560xumyx5go.png

0224110702564pj1o14ny90.png

022411070256znqhvxnmj1656.png

022411070256hj725nrr.png

022411070256vcpwllcbw8ivvgy.png

022411070256pxpdaxzq4sivcx.png

022411070256hpaet09uj3ct4i0oeho.png

022411070256242ak7f9w4cp4wkwso.gif

Guest wonderr23

so many wonderfuls back from the dead.LOL I'm so happy that Wondergirls are finally working on their songs. I'm hoping that after the China mobile concert, they will work on their choreo and then finally the MV. I'm so excited!

Guest my2wonder

^

yes as you said :D I can't wait for their new album :wub:

I loved thier song Always without me by Dave Stewart

I want to hear the whole song :tears:

Guest ll_borderline

LOL :sweatingbullets:

BTW guys did anyone know about JYPE's postal  address ! because arab wonderful want to send a gifts to wonder girls but we didn't know their postal  address to send it !

can anyone help us ???

JYP Entertainment

110 East 31st Street

New York, NY 10016-6809, United States

thats the address we use to send stuff to the girls

if we dont have someone to hand it personally. :)

wow, thank you for sharing those siggies here~

it makes me feel like how the old wonder girls

soompi thread was like for some reason. :)

WonderFuls use to spam the thread with their awesome

art work wonder girls siggies and icons.

Guest qoxie

Was Yeeun wearing a kimono or something?

The Korean media thinks what she wore made her look very sexy.

R0H6g.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2ommw.html

WONDERGIRLS unveils photos of them practicing sans makeup, Sohee acts kooky while Yeeun is fashionable

Korea Star Daily update 2011/03/24

On March 24, WONDERGIRLS member LIM tweeted several photos with the message: "Picture of us practising our new song". They attracted a great deal of attention. In the released photos, the WG quintet were in casual wear & not wearing any makeup, all of them standing in a line & displaying adorable expressions. Among them, Sohee had both hands on her face & also shut her eyes, making her look very kooky. Blonde-haired Yeeun had a checkered robe & hot pants on, making her look sensuous with bottomless depth.

Netizens who saw the photos said: "No makeup yet so good-looking~" "5 beautiful warriors~" "Can't wait to hear the new song~" [TV daily reporter Sun Mi Kyung]

Guest qoxie

Yoobin is #97 in online "laddie" (men's magazine) site Smartasses.net's Top 100 Sexiest Women 2011 list.

LtVqV.jpg

Source: http://top100sexiest...t-women/page/4/

A lot of Asian (mostly Korean) stars made the new annual list.

Selected names:

03. Lee Hyori (Korean singer)

22. Song Hye Kyo (Korean actress)

27. Jolin Tsai (Taiwanese singer)

35. Shu Qi (Taiwanese actress)

37. Zhang Ziyi (China actress)

44. BoA Kwon (Korean singer)

63. Choi Sooyoung (Korean singer - SNSD)

69. Kim Yuna (Korean sportswoman)

75. Sunny Lee (Korean singer - SNSD)

80. Carmen Soo (Malaysian actress)

91. Gianna Jun (Korean actress)

97. Kim Yoobin (Korean singer - Wonder Girls)

99. Maggie Q (Hong Kong actress)

@patience

LOL at first I thought you put 'patience' for the wonder girls like a phrase and I was just excited thinking 'YES WE NEED PATIENCE!' then I saw your username lololol. 

@digigirl99 That awkward moment when.... Haha, no I get that a lot, though the pun is kinda intended in every post I make, hehe, hence the username! And as Wonderfuls, I think we should be pretty pro at it hehe!!

^ Dang Yubin, doing her thing!!

^^ That pic is mad cute!!

Patience.

Guest wonderr23

Jane just tweeted. She said the girls are now flying over to Beijing..

edit

Yubin tweeted as well~ And TigerJK, who is a Korean icon rapper congratulated her. Sweet~

37b33c0878d0acedf53b7656749fba10_large.png

3f50244138198a946fe633607366f076_large.png

--------------------------------------------------------------

원더걸스 민낯 사진 ‘폭풍 화제’… “민낯도 우월해~”

2011년 03월 24일 (목)

74033_60717_3453.jpg

▲ 원더걸스 민낯 사진이 화제다. (사진출처: 원더걸스 혜림 트위터)

[천지일보=박혜옥 기자] 걸그룹 원더걸스의 민낯 사진이 공개돼 화제가 되고 있다.

원더걸스 멤버 혜림은 24일 자신의 트위터에 “새 노래를 연습 중인 우리들”이라는 짧은 글과 함께 두 장의 사진을 올렸다.

사진 속 원더걸스는 녹음실에서 편안한 옷차림을 하고 민낯으로 노래 연습 중인 모습이다.

원더걸스의 민낯 사진이 공개되자 네티즌들은 “원더걸스는 민낯도 예쁘다” “새 노래 듣고 싶다” “새 앨범 기대된다” 등의 다양한 반응을 보였다.

Wondergirls beautiful pictures becomes a 'huge topic'..."naked faces predominates~"

Date: 2011 03 24

74033_60717_3453.jpg

▲ Wondergirls beautiful photos becomes a hot topic. (Source for photos: Wondergirls Hyerim's twitter)

[Cheonjiilbo = Park Hyeog reporter] The beautiful pictures of girlgroup Wondergirls are becoming a huge topic after it was revealed to the public.

Wondergirls member Hyerim on the 24th tweeted along with the picture "picture of us practising our new song"

In this photo the girls are seen wearing no makeup and donning simple comfortable clothes as they were busy practising at the recording studio.

Upon the revealing of these photos the netizens responded, "Wondergirls are really natural beauties and are pretty", "i really want to hear their new song", "i am eagerly waiting for their album".

Guest evilishus

digigirl99 ohmygod I remember you :D I totally agree with everything you wrote!PREACH IT!

The girls really have transformed into legit performers now.It's great because they don't just stand there anymore singing and dancing,they BRING in the audience into the performance.The constant touring and performing has really taken them into a whole different level from other idols.It has really paid off.

I hope the girls land safely in China and that the performance goes smoothly<3333 90,000 people is a huge crowd!I'm so proud of the girls for achieving so much.

And because it never hurts to see this....

2d9sbwl.jpg

We believed in the girls even when they were struggling in the beginning and we saw them triumph.All we need to do is to keep believing in them<333 It shouldn't matter what others say guys because the girls only need us :D Don't pay attention to the haters because that's all they are:haters.

Guest r1988

yubin just tweeted

pray for Thailand and pray for Myanmar

Im not sure it seems like an earthquake just hit thailand and Myanmar :tears: I hope everyone is okay

Archived