Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

Stevie and JYP? this could mean something huge you know. Maybe the rumours about them collaborating is true afterall?? If that's not the case then maybe some sort of a mentoring help or i'll go ahead and be brazen and say... maybe a song composed from him? Remember besides being a successful singer, Stevie Wonder is also known for being a very talented songwriter! *fingers-crossed*

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest icespike

^ If I remember correctly, WG hinted their new song will have their name in it? I'm guessing the song has something to do with "wonder" and it's a collab between wg and stevie. Wishful thinking, but if it's true it's a great song waiting to come out.

I saw Sunye's tweet. She is such a sweetheart. Wonderfuls will all keep our prayers for Japan.

JYP is in the States? If so, the final preparations should have begun.

If Stevie Wonder is on board... don't even want to think about what can happen. I prefer to keep my expectations on check.

Easy to say, but hard to do: that man is a legend to me.

---

My thoughts are still with all the people in distress in Japan & Lybia.

Pray for Japan.

Guest jcsmark

More tweets from einstein_MCP

march15.png

JYP with Stevie Wonder. Noel Lee (Monster Cable CEO) in the second picture as well

zbxs.jpg

f6kem.jpg

Credit einstein_MCP

OMG! It's making me very curious :D

Interscope is a label under Universal Music Group, I think WGs US distributor as hinted by Rainstone will most likely be Universal Music Group

Guest jcsmark

The Wonder Girls to collaborate with Stevie Wonder?

by lawlietta on March 15, 2011 at 9:35 pm

In an interview back in January, JYP Entertainment’s producer Rainstone promised big things coming for the Wonder Girls, and we just might be getting a glimpse of the exciting surprises that JYPE has in store!

A JYPE staff member recently tweeted about meeting with J.Y. PARK and the legendary Stevie Wonder, posting the photo below with the two figureheads in discussion:

Stevie Wonder’s hit-laden career goes without saying — having recorded over thirty top ten U.S. hits and received over twenty Grammy Awards (the most ever awarded to a solo male artist), Wonder is held in high esteem all over the world.

Previous posts also reveal that Rainstone also met with Stevie Wonder back in January. Furthermore, in her February diary entry, Wonder Girls member Yeeun hinted at a possible collaboration with Mr Wonder. Although JYPE hasn’t released any official information regarding such a partnership, fans speculate that something will be in the works soon.

The staff member continued to tweet about visiting MTV Networks and Interscope Records, leading to speculation that the Wonder Girls will be working with these two companies in the near future.

JYPE has worked with MTV in the past to create four seasons of “MTV Wonder Girls,” which has documented the Girls’ progression from pre-debut in 2006 to their North American tour last year. With talks underway once again, there is a possibility that a fifth season is in the works.

Furthermore, as Rainstone previously confirmed, “The Wonder Girls’ album will be released by one of the three major labels of America,” many wonder if Interscope will be the US distributor for the Girls’ American debut. Interscope, which is under Universal Music Group (one of the “Big Three”), was also the quintet’s music distributor in Taiwan, Malaysia & Hong Kong.

None of these rumors have been officially addressed by JYPE, but if any of them are confirmed, they will mean big things for the quintet’s American invasion. stay tuned as allkpop continues to cover the Wonder Girls’ debut in the United States!

Thanks to anna for the tip!

Source: Twitter

Credit Allkpop

LOL it's been awhile since Allkpop has been so quick to update about WG :)

EDIT: Allkpop just took down this article, it was up for less than an hour. einstein_MCP also deleted his last few tweets.

Guest yubin4ever

EDIT:The person right above me beat me to posting the allkpop article LOL

Oh my God now Im getting really really excited that this can ACTUALLY happen.. Can you imagine how much attention this collaboration can get and maybe how many doors this can open up?? I'm still trying to not get my hopes up but these pictures are making it hard haha

Guest lovepapupi

I don't get it why allkpop delete the article about 'The Wonder Girls to collaborate with Stevie Wonder?'. I came to reply some comments, but the page is missing now. In allkpop comments some fans of others girls groups (especially some s*n* and b****j***) are not very happy about the collaboration of WG and Stevie Wonder. They are trying to make the article is not worth it by doubt the Wonder Girls talents in music. They also doubt our girls speaking in english too. I'm so sad some of them doing like that. Although it's just a rumor until now, they seems not happy about it.

Guest onedaymaniac

^i was searching for the article too

but i got deleted before i get to see it.

dont worry.haters will always gonna hate.

they will still not believe us even if

we show how talented and good Wonder Girls are.

the most important now,wonderful should stick together

and provide the girls with our love and support.

i used to blame jyp for kept delaying wg album

but seeing him have meeting with jackie chan

and then stevie wonder,i believe he has a great plan for WG.

CdBYt.jpg

vGMML.jpg

WSZnU.jpg

ft2B5.jpg

blgw4.jpg

2O8C4.jpg

cr:as tagged

Guest qoxie

LOL That akp article contained a lot of factual errors & speculative leaps.

Interscope Records may yet become WG's US distributor, but they are a pure American label.

In Asia, it was their parent company, Universal Music Group (currently French-owned), which distributed the 2DT EP via its Asian subsidiaries.

UMG also licenced another WG album (Special Edition album) to Starsing Records for the China market.

My EP copy also lists WG's co-international music publishers as JYP Publishing & Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Dunno if it will continue.

In any case, any interested major US distributor will also want to co-own the music publishing rights (lucrative revenue stream from song royalties).

Guest *bluebutterfly*

If the Wonder Girls will be working with Stevie Wonder, then that's such a dream come true. I'm sure Yeeun would be very, very happy about it. But if it's not then they still have a connection. xD And those who are hating and not liking it, it could be because they're slightly jealous.

I waited a while so that I could share these.

110312 MBC 50th Korean Music Wave Concert, Bangkok

Source: as tagged

Credit: wonderfulwondergirls @ tumblr, RaSHeLo @ soompitumblr_li0uwa3u2N1qco1zjo1_1280.jpg

th_tumblr_li27gr6n2M1qe16dho1_1280.jpgth_tumblr_li31mn2VzQ1qco1zjo1_1280.jpgth_tumblr_li32latVou1qco1zjo1_1280.jpgth_tumblr_li32tgPn3E1qco1zjo1_1280.jpgth_tumblr_li326gYju01qco1zjo1_1280.jpgth_tumblr_li33iwi4LO1qco1zjo1_1280.jpgth_tumblr_li33d1Ij2S1qco1zjo1_1280.jpgth_n6sWu.jpgth_Q5cor.jpgth_yuhJw.jpg

^ I love these photos. They're so pretty~

th_img_0303.jpg

th_CBE5p.jpgth_gdxz0.jpgth_RPMh0.jpgth_wAeOk.jpg

Guest qoxie

JYP Entertainment tweeted their 5th weibo this morning (about 6 hours ago): a short intro about WG.

It is the 2nd company artiste to be featured, following JYP which was on Monday.

Very good instant response so far: the WG tweet has already drawn 156 retweets (vis-a-vis 290 for JYP) & 485 comments (301 for JYP).

Lemme translate the text... tbc Done.

xPWrf.gif

Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/jypentertainment

JYPE star: JYPE's ambitious creation was our 1st girlgroup WONDERGIRLS, who not only energized the music business, but is also well received in other fields like advertising, modeling & performances. They remain one of the most beloved Kpop girlgroups. With 5 albums helmed by Asia's most capable producer J.Y. Park, each of which had set off popular crazes in Korea & the Asian region, WONDERGIRLS has deservingly vaulted ahead to become Asia's top girlgroup.

Maybe Allkpop deleted the article on JYPE request. The two are collaborating.

I can imagine some reasons, for example the arrangements and pacts are still in the making.

Anyway, way to go! Heading for the top with ambition and no restraints!

Me approves it :sweatingbullets:

Guest noname_soompi

more pics from MBC korean music wave

kmw130.jpg

kmw129-1.jpg

kmw128-1.jpg

kmw131-1.jpg

cr:as tagged

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBC korean music wave in Thailand, it'll broadcast on April but I have no info. about date and time. And it'll broadcast in Thailand on 17 May. I got this info. from Thai media yesterday. They said tweet that you've seen before it's wrong info. Anyway, I'll tell you guys later, if I get update info. :)

^beautiful pics ... sunye must do hair like this ,she looks so freh and hot ~~~

around 3.15 you can hear wonderfuls fanchants... awesome

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ That fan chant is from MBC Music Core performance, not from Thai-WFs, but it's good :)

Btw, Apple, 1 of the most enthusiastic Sunmi-jjangers went to Korea to travel, after some days waiting, yesterday and today she has a chance to meet Sun Mi at JYPE :)< Seems like Sun Mi still go to JYPE every days to practice, and from Apple twitter, she said Sun Mi's English is better, i think even she's not in America, she is still learning English to comeback someday :)

Guest qoxie

^

Sunmi went to SE7EN's restaurant yesterday with JOO & missA Suzy, from what I read from Twitter.

- - - - - - - - -

Korean WFs (Mindot, DC Inside, et al) are putting out an alert that Sunye will be in the April issue of W Magazine Korea.

The cover page is out, with her name mentioned under 'Celebs'.

Thanks to katyhwang @ Baidu for the heads up.

TLewJ.jpg

Guest valentino_rossi46

So today she's with JOO again for a dinner

And from Apple twitter, everyone go to Joo but only her go to Sun mi ... I a little bit sad about that><

SE7EN's restaurant is very popular recently, a lot of celebs came and took photo wt SE7VN's photo, hope Joo, Suzy and Sun Mi also took 1, just 1 is enough to make me crazy ^^

Guest floral93

I don't get it why allkpop delete the article about 'The Wonder Girls to collaborate with Stevie Wonder?'. I came to reply some comments, but the page is missing now. In allkpop comments some fans of others girls groups (especially some s*n* and b****j***) are not very happy about the collaboration of WG and Stevie Wonder. They are trying to make the article is not worth it by doubt the Wonder Girls talents in music. They also doubt our girls speaking in english too. I'm so sad some of them doing like that. Although it's just a rumor until now, they seems not happy about it.

other fanclubs always undermine the girls talent, it's quite hilarious actually they degrade the girls when their not active but when they make a quick/small appearance back in kpop e.g. mbc thailand concert, they get slapped in the face XDD THEY forget the WONDERGIRLS EFFECT! oh they be as opiniated as they want but it ain't a fact, the girls are so polite and humble sometimes other fanclubs just scapegoat them because their not in the kpop scene..they are obviously jealous that their group bias is not getting these opportunities because if they did then they can bloody go on about it forever..if the girls achievements in the US isn't 'worth it' then why don't their group biases go and try to achieve it..simple..cause their achievements are more then what their group can do, they have guts to do something outside their norm, i give mad respect for the girls hard work, enthusiasm, never giving up and carrying on through the hardships because at the end of the day they have reached for their dreams, whilst others can just dream but not do anything about it

Archived