Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

Starsing Records 星外星 (WG's China distributor) released their list of 2010 bestsellers yesterday.

They are grouped in 3 categories: Chinese, Foreign & Oldies (re-issues).

WG sold enough units to make it into their Foreign Top 10 list. Congrats to the girls!

Double joy: So did Singapore's Olivia Ong, an ex Jpop idol singer-turned-bossa nova singer. Hers was an English covers album.

Pretty impressive feat, giving the massive bootleg scene there & the fact that no other JKpop artiste they represent (Utada, RAIN, 2PM, B2ST, 4minute, et al., are listed on their website) cracked the Top 10.

Starsing touts themselves to have a Top 5 distribution network in China.

jNwFt.jpg

Source: http://www.xwx.cn/Ne...tail-N1020.html

2010 Top 10 Foreign CDs

2011-02-28 Source: Starsing Records

2010 Top 10 Foreign CDs

(in no particular order)

• Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

• Lady Gaga - The Fame

• Taylor Swift - Fearless

• Justin Bieber - My World 2.0

• Justin Bieber - My World

• Various Artists - 2010 Grammy Celebration

• Lady Gaga - The Remix

• Wonder Girls - Special Edition Album

• Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D.

• Olivia Ong - Olivia

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

kxDhp.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../139/2n944.html

WG "Asian Beauties" spectacle at China fashion show

Chosun Ilbo (Chinese) update 2011-03-01 16:01

Popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS showed off their bewitching Asian femininity in China.

Recently, WONDERGIRLS made an appearance at Chloe's 2011 Spring/Summer fashion presentation in Shanghai, China. The group members opted for formal hairstyles plus white, beige & pink outfits, impressing all with their elegant beauty. Their long dresses were especially attractive in displaying their nymph-like charms. It was a complete reversal from the avant garde styles they had worn in recent fashion events. Their genteel femininity was a refreshing sight.

WONDERGIRLS had previously participated in Vivienne Tam's, Jeremy Scott's & Anna Sui's presentations at the New York Fashion Week. Their versatility in conjuring images from youthful vivacity to cultured adulthood has the fans yearning for the girls' comeback.

WONDERGIRLS is currently recording their new album in America.

ZsE08.jpg

jkcVo.jpg

IppTn.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

24t1k.jpg

Source: http://news.sina.com...922032716.shtml

A WONDERGIRLS spectacle at China fashion show, showcasing their 'Asian Beauties' charms

Sina 2011-03-01 14:29

Worldwide online reporter Zhang Zhe reports that Korea's Chosun Ilbo, in its March 1 news coverage, recounted popular girlgroup WONDERGIRLS showcasing their bewitching Asian femininity in China.

- - - - - - - - - -

SQDtM.gif

Source: http://www.chinanews...8/2871635.shtml

Idol groups SNSD, WONDERGIRLS included in Korea's middle school textbooks

Chinanews 2011-02-28 09:28

Chinanews February 28 news. Korean girlgroups SNSD & WONDERGIRLS are so popular that they were recently included in Korea's school textbooks.

According to Taiwan's Apply Daily, SNSD appeared in a middle school music textbook, inside a chapter introducing popular music. Netizens who have graduated from middle school were envious, saying: "I want to buy them too."

America-focused WONDERGIRLS is featured in a middle school social studies textbook. The girls had become famous in Korea 4 years ago with 'Tell Me'. The textbook editor included them in the 'Popular Culture & Life' chapter.

Guest qoxie

qb63J.jpg

FWCSO.jpg

Source: http://trends.vogue....01/11317-2.html

Photos: Popular girlgroup WONDERGIRLS attended Chloe China's 5th anniversary celebrations

Published: 2011-03-01 16:37 | Source: Vogue China |  Author: Ge Xin

The long-awaited Chloe China's 5th anniversary celebrations took place on February 25 at the Shanghai World Expo Center. Also co-presented was Chloe's 2011 Spring/Summer fashion show, which attracted the presence of  many stars & celebrities to the event. They included popular girlgroup WONDERGIRLS, Flora Zeta (Zhang Tian'ai), Bonnie Chen Bige, Qi  Qi, Simon Yam, Gaile Lok, Chen Ran, Zhou Yun, Aarif Lee & others.

Photos of popular girlgroup WONDERGIRLS:

"During the fashion show."

"At the red carpet ceremony."

"At the red carpet ceremony."

"A photo with Chloe CEO Geoffroy de la Bourdonnaye."

"During the interview - left to right: Yeeun, Sohee, Sunye, Yoobin, LIM."

"During the interview."

"During the interview - left to right: Yeeun, Sohee, Sunye, Yoobin, LIM."

"Makeup touch-up before the interview - Yoobin."

"Heading towards the fashion show."

"Yeeun during the interview."

A few more WG sightings in Vogue China's other photoessays.

To the left~ To the left~ (LOL)

gLken.jpg

o60Sl.jpg

4bcUl.jpg

Cr: trends.vogue.com.cn

Guest misspinky

2AM’s Seulong goes bowling with the Wonder Girls & Sunmi

2AM’s Seulong recently went bowling with the Wonder Girls and Sunmi, and demonstrated that his skills were nothing to scoff at.

On March 2nd, Seulong tweeted, “The first round of bowling! With Seolong, Mark PD, Ye Eun, Eun Ok, Sunmi, and Sohee. Seulong, Ye Eun, Sunmi team won! Ye Eun and I are the only ones who got over 100!”

He continued, “Eventually, all three rounds were won by the Ye Eun, Sunmi, and Seulong team. We went home after that…!”

Fans commented in response, “Please show us pictures of Sunmi too!” and “We want to see a group photo!”

(credits: allkpop)

JYP nation (some of them) hanging out and sunmi too!

Wonder Girls Sunmi is afraid of ... Happy Sunmi day!!! knowing that all of them are together on Sunmi day really made my day goes brighter ^ ^...hope Seulong will grant WFs wish(wanna see Sunmi with WG again soooooooo freakin bad!!) ^ ^ I think someone had call Sunmi "early bird" coz she woke up so early in the morning, then suddenly she tweet "I'm not an early bird!" crazy.gif hope that she's not that mad~ 

Wonder Girls - wonder couple ep2

cr : loveAhnSohee @ YT

Guest uchix_francois

^

love that Chosun Ilbo article

The group members opted for formal hairstyles plus white, beige & pink outfits, impressing all with their elegant beauty. Their long dresses were especially attractive in displaying their nymph-like charms. It was a complete reversal from the avant garde styles they had worn in recent fashion events. Their genteel femininity was a refreshing sight.

I was nodding my head again and again during reading this paragraph. now that's someone who understand fashion and the gentle, classic charm... unlike some fresh-from-diapers kids who puts negative comments in akp. hmph.

so happy to hear the news about MiSo spending their time together... I can imagine a fanfic born from this... now if only there's a photo to make us happier... while Lim obviously had gone to school... seems like Yubin and Sunye was spending time with their family quietly...

Guest qoxie

Saw it on twitter -- Ah jeez, now allkpop steals my work & pass it off as their own. So pissed off right now!

Should I forbid redistributing my translated articles outside of Soompi now?

Don't make me... some of you lurkers are so selfish!

- - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Still angry, but let's not spoil the mood further since it is Sunmi Day (then Yenny Day, then Yoobin Day...).

K-WF tribute to 4-D Alien.

That's a Dunkin Donut outlet in the back, this presumably took place at the JYP Building in Seoul.

"Wonderfuls! We posted all letters for @mimimimi0502 on the wall yesterday."

HW0sH.jpg

NoN8D.jpg

Cr: imfrkr @ Twitter

Hopefully that won't happen again Qoxie. Sucks to have all your hard work used just like that.

So glad to hear abt EunSunAhn <3 this Is for everyone that keeps doubting their bond :P

Happy Sunmi Day!

sunmi.jpg

sunmi-omona.jpg

Cr WG wordpress.

Guest misspinky

@qoxie: for a second i thought it was the article that i shared from allkpop and i felt bad. but i found the article that was "stolen" and it says "Tip: Ly" so i don't necessarily think that allkpop is stealing your work. anyways as always, appreciate all the work that you put into translating and sharing.

happy sunmi day! hoping there will be more jyp nation hang-outs!

regarding the album release, i too am a bit uneasy that they kept delaying it. i think it would have been better if they don't update the release date as if it were set in stone and then change it. i'm afraid that even the fans would be pissed off.

Guest jcsmark

Happy Sunmi Day!

mimi032.jpg

I was sorting out my files and found this pic lol! Sunmi in her 4D world again and YeEun laughing at her :P

essohotmistake.jpg

Guest qoxie

@qoxie: for a second i thought it was the article that i shared from allkpop and i felt bad. but i found the article that was "stolen" and it says "Tip: Ly" so i don't necessarily think that allkpop is stealing your work. anyways as always, appreciate all the work that you put into translating and sharing.

No. Starsing had originally used an offbeat term 欧西 to describe WG's category.

I had deliberated hard over interpreting it as "European" or "Western" (the literal meaning, when combined).

My next alternative was "International" (which I almost used) but, on a whim, I chose the more imprecise "Foreign" instead.

Guess which phrase ended up cut & pasted.

To the lurker who created a new Twitter called "passerbyLY" (dunno if you are the "Ly" in question) just to spam me:

I don't have any beef when Kpop news get circulated around. That's part of give & take.

But don't palm off other people's copy as your own -- get your own translator.

Every so often, Allkpop is recalcritrant in imitiating Korean infotainment sites when it comes to using fans' material ("Netizens said/uploaded this," etc.). They didn't even bother this time.

Not the 1st time too: they had stolen my translation at WGspectacle before. (A long time ago, before the latter tightened the rules on starting of news threads.)

Guest qoxie

There is likely a news video accompanying this.

It is the (Taiwan TV station) TVBS portal's reporting style. Except they don't upload every video segment online (esp. entertainment news), preferring to publish text transcipts instead.

YJ20Y.gif

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo...03/8/2ndil.html

Striking while hot! WONDERGIRLS strives at learning Mandarin to grab market share

TVBS update 2011-03-03 12:37

Korean stars have been creating a craze in the Mainland China market. Among them are popular girlgroup WONDERGIRLS, who have resolved to learn the Mandarin language. They kicked off by exchanging greetings, capturing the hearts of Mainland fans with their precise pronunciation.

WG: "Hello viewers, we are WONDERGIRLS."

The group members were in Shanghai for a fashion event, which had the fans in high spirits. The girls greeted them in precise Mandarin, then shared something impressive: WG had actually begun learning the language when they were trainees in Korea.

WG Sunye: "We will love for opportunities to come to China, which we have done a lot recently. We don't have much [free] time, so we would seize every moment to improve our Mandarin."

Rushing to learn Mandarin is, of course, aimed at the Mainland China market. In fact, Korean stars have been forging into that country, especially in recent years. Not only did SUPERJUNIOR select Chinese members for its sub-unit group, many Hallyu stars have also been toiling with the language in order to appear in Mainland TV shows.

Hallyu star KANGTA: "Little by little, bit by bit. Learn with all your heart."

Their Mandarin may sound imprecise, but they are also pulling out all the stops with their singing & dancing onstage to win over Mainland audiences. These Hallyu stars are striking while the iron is hot &, as the domestic market expands, their popularity can only increase further.

Guest itsWonderTime

Saw it on twitter -- Ah jeez, now allkpop steals my work & pass it off as their own. So pissed off right now!

Should I forbid redistributing my translated articles outside of Soompi now?

Don't make me... some of you lurkers are so selfish!

- - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Still angry, but let's not spoil the mood further since it is Sunmi Day (then Yenny Day, then Yoobin Day...).

K-WF tribute to 4-D Alien.

That's a Dunkin Donut outlet in the back, this presumably took place at the JYP Building in Seoul.

hi qoxie... I've been a lurker in this WG thread for quite some time, and decided to make an account just to address this. I (and im sure most wonderfuls) really appreciate all the hard work you've put into translating these articles for us. Please don't get upset because of this minor issue. I can see that you really support WonderGirls but just look at it on the bright side. You are spreading publicity for the Wondergirls, and as long as you know that those are your translations being used, it shows that your work affects publicity for the Wondergirls, which is a good thing. Please dont look at it as stealing. I understand where you're coming from when you say they should credit you, but this is the internet, information like this should be all over the internet to show the girls success.

When i signed up for wgspectacle, i didnt agree with some of the rules in that forum because some of it doesnt really help get WG's name out there... what i mean by that is that Wondersubbers will get really mad or upset if their work is uploaded without permission, which makes wonderfuls to not even bother uploading anything on youtube. Do you ever see any videos subbed videos of WG's on youtube nowadays? Isn't the whole part of subbing is for the international fans to understand? How can we possibly generate more Wonderfuls if we start putting restrictions on videos that were made for the fans? If people cant get quick access to videos of Wondergirls, do you think they're even gonna bother signing up for the international forum and then having to post 50 times just to watch subbed videos? If we want to increase our fanbase we need to make the videos easily accessible for fans and nonfans.

Do u know why SNSD has such a strong international fanbase without barely any promotion? its because of their fandom and subbing team. They allow fans/sones to spread the subbed videos all over the internet(youtube) without any controversy or permission. I bet many of the international sones started loving SNSD because of all the videos that were easily accessible and available on youtube for them to watch. These videos showed SNSD's bright personality, which made a lot of non-fans turn into Sones. But if we start restricting videos/translation from being spread, how can we generate more fans for the girls?

I hope you understand where im coming from, and please don't be too discouraged from this little issue. I hope you continue to translate for us, and more importantly i hope your work gets spread. For the girls, for Wonderfuls, and for all the k-pop fans.

and btw, i wasnt the one who used your translation.

Do u know why SNSD has such a strong international fanbase without barely any promotion? its because of their fandom and subbing team.  They allow fans/sones to spread the subbed videos all over the internet(youtube) without any controversy or permission. I bet many of the international sones started loving SNSD because of all the videos that were easily accessible and available on youtube for them to watch.  These videos showed SNSD's bright personality, which made a lot of non-fans turn into Sones.  But if we start restricting videos/translation from being spread, how can we generate more fans for the girls?

I hope you understand where im coming from, and please don't be too discouraged from this little issue. I hope you continue to translate for us, and more importantly i hope your work gets spread.  For the girls, for Wonderfuls, and for all the k-pop fans.

I agree with you

It's true that people fall in love SNSD because of video with subtitle.

It can make people understand and laugh but it's so hard to find video with sub of Wonder Girls.ohmy.gif

I'm Thai. try to learn Korean language but it doesn't succeed yet.sad.gif

So I thank so much for translationsmile.gif. It helps me follow up Wonder Girls.

P.s. I'm sorry for my Englishsad.gif, It's not good but I want to tell everybody that Translation and subtitle can spread news and charm of Wonder Girls.

Guest WGkeon

hi qoxie... I've been a lurker in this WG thread for quite some time, and decided to make an account just to address this. I (and im sure most wonderfuls) really appreciate all the hard work you've put into translating these articles for us. Please don't get upset because of this minor issue. I can see that you really support WonderGirls but just look at it on the bright side. You are spreading publicity for the Wondergirls, and as long as you know that those are your translations being used, it shows that your work affects publicity for the Wondergirls, which is a good thing. Please dont look at it as stealing. I understand where you're coming from when you say they should credit you, but this is the internet, information like this should be all over the internet to show the girls success.

When i signed up for wgspectacle, i didnt agree with some of the rules in that forum because some of it doesnt really help get WG's name out there... what i mean by that is that Wondersubbers will get really mad or upset if their work is uploaded without permission, which makes wonderfuls to not even bother uploading anything on youtube. Do you ever see any videos subbed videos of WG's on youtube nowadays? Isn't the whole part of subbing is for the international fans to understand? How can we possibly generate more Wonderfuls if we start putting restrictions on videos that were made for the fans? If people cant get quick access to videos of Wondergirls, do you think they're even gonna bother signing up for the international forum and then having to post 50 times just to watch subbed videos? If we want to increase our fanbase we need to make the videos easily accessible for fans and nonfans.

Do u know why SNSD has such a strong international fanbase without barely any promotion? its because of their fandom and subbing team. They allow fans/sones to spread the subbed videos all over the internet(youtube) without any controversy or permission. I bet many of the international sones started loving SNSD because of all the videos that were easily accessible and available on youtube for them to watch. These videos showed SNSD's bright personality, which made a lot of non-fans turn into Sones. But if we start restricting videos/translation from being spread, how can we generate more fans for the girls?

I hope you understand where im coming from, and please don't be too discouraged from this little issue. I hope you continue to translate for us, and more importantly i hope your work gets spread. For the girls, for Wonderfuls, and for all the k-pop fans.

You got a point there. A big one. But i think the main point for not spreading the videos far and wide is coz of copyrights issue.It may lead to forums being close down and stuff but If its not copyrights issue then i dont know why we are restricting videos being spread around.

Guest wonderr23

i'm back from my strenous business trip! I call it trip to hell!lol how's everyone?

ayy~ I sense a lot of tension going on in this thread.lol @qoxie i can understand your frustations about the issue. It's true that AKP sometimes tends to forget giving credit to the owner. So far i haven't experienced that yet since they credit my materials. But i was really shocked to learn that they didn't credited yours. Because normally, i mean most of the times they give credits to the owners. Maybe Ly forgot to put your name or something. Or maybe AKP was too lazy to put it. Either way...i just want you to know that your efforts are very much appreciated by Wonderfuls all over the world. You are our only source in China. Not to mention you also give very strong intellectual insights on affairs. So please don't let this get in to you. We all know who's the real owner of that article. And we all know you slaved yourself in order to translate that for us and for wondergirls.

To all the people who takes translated articles especially by qoxie. Please do not forget to credit! It's really rude to not give any respect to the person who did all the hardwork!! Please next time, do not forget to include the name of the rightful owner. :tears:

moving on...

---------------------

Happy Sunmi Day!

x3iv6.jpg

2dvrgpy.jpg

2zpqfyt.jpg

rruvxc.jpg

rwiesh.jpg

3483dqt.jpg

54ykvl.jpg

j8jlfp.jpg

backtracking the thread...brb