Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest vietboi_tuan

The new album need to here quickly. I can't wait any longer!

I hope it will get great success and praises. So scare for their

official debut. Glad Nobody did good, but it wasn't their debut.

EXCITED EXCITED!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

Dal Shabet’s Serri is the doppleganger of Wonder Girls’ Sunye?

by maestro-J on January 5, 2011 at 3:03 pm

20110104_dalshabetserridoppelgangerofsunye_main.jpg

Along with each of the members’ profiles, K-pop’s newest rookie girl group Dal Shabet’s agency, Happy Face Entertainment, recently released the group’s debut mini-album, “Supa Dupa Diva.”

Amongst Dal Shabet’s members, Serri has specifically been garnering interest from the netizens due to her similar looks – from her overall atmosphere to even her eye smile – to Wonder Girls member Sunye.

Netizens have stated, “If someone told me Serri is a doppleganger of Sunye, I would believe them” and “They look like twins.”

Looking at the photo, there certainly are some similarities, but there also seems to be clear differences.

What do you guys think? Could you confuse the two?

Source: Max News

Photo: Happy Entertainment, JYP Entertainment

Credit: Allkpop

-----

Personally i don't see any resemblance whatsoever! Peace =D

Guest wonderful ♡

qoxie aw does that mean you will not be updating the thread and your twitter account anymore? (Just read your latest tweet)

I'm excited too see what the girls and JYP have in store for us! I'm definitely looking forward to the English album (god, how long has it been!!). I'm really really excited for it.

And yay Sunmi! I'm so happy to see some news about her :) She's doing very well, I'm so proud <3

P.S. Does anyone know when the subbed version of Made In Wonder Girls will be aired? I don't remember hearing much about it after it was announced that they're gonna air it in the US or something...

Guest Mickyluloveskpop

LOL i reckon they girl looks like a mix of sunye and jessica (from snsd)

I swear if sunye and jessica has a baby together that it'll be her, besides from that they don't really look a like!

Guest vietboi_tuan

The countdown is on!! We will be revealing our totally NEW Wonder Girls website tomorrow so keep checking back at www.wondergirlsworld.com to follow the countdown!

I hope they give us some hint about the new comeback!

Guest onedaymaniac

sorry if this has been posted.

MONSTER TEAMS UP WITH JYP ENTERTAINMENT

AND KOREAN POP SENSATION WONDER GIRLS AT CES 2011!

-- Wonder Girls Will Open For and Accompany Earth Wind & Fire at the Annual CES Monster

Retailer Awards and Concert --

Las Vegas, NV, January 5, 2011 -- Monster, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-performance headphones, connectivity solutions and A/V accessories, today announced an alliance with global entertainment company JYP Entertainment and South Korean pop sensation the Wonder Girls.

At CES, the Wonder Girls will open for and accompany Earth Wind & Fire at the annual Monster Retailer Awards and Concert on Friday, January 7, 2011 at the Paris Hotel. Following a string of #1 hit singles in South Korea and throughout Asia Pacific, the Wonder Girls, under JYP management, broke into the U.S. market in 2009 with their hit single "Nobody" - the first song by an Asian group to enter the Billboard Hot 100 in over 30 years. The Wonder Girls joined the Jonas Brothers' World Tour 2009 as the opening act, performing their two songs "Nobody" and "Tell Me."

The Monster/JYP alliance is part of a Monster initiative to reach out to the lifestyle of younger consumers around the world and to bring an energetic, international flavor to the opening of this year's awards concert. Noel Lee, the Head Monster, noted: "JYP Entertainment is one of the world's most influential new taste makers of music and entertainment, and the Wonder Girls are fast becoming a true global pop phenomenon. The Monster family welcomes the JYP family and the Wonder Girls as the first international act to ever open at Monster's annual Retailer Awards and Concert. The Wonder Girls will help welcome this year's Monster CES activities with a bang!"

[omitted about the monster part]

source:http://www.monstercable.com/press/viewpress.asp?Article=248

edit:

43385858.jpg

cr:janeyjk@twitter

Guest vietboi_tuan

I don't know if I am seeing it correctly..at the begining of dream High they showed a few sec concert clip..look carefully at it on 0.15 sec...doesn't it look like the dress yoobin and yeeun weared thier dance break with 2pm..(either I'll be back or without you)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIttXQPoRM&feature=related

cr: MickymomoMickyy

I wasn't the only that noticed that!!!

I saw it and was like it's that dress!! If it is then JYP Nation concert DVD since they did film it.

Adding that the girls have appeared on Dream High 3 times already.

The dress, the Nobody picture when the gangster was showing Suzy the slideshow picture, and the two

(group and YooBin solo) during the auditions.

I'm constantly looking for Wonder Girls related stuff while I'm watching. Make it so distracting but fun. ahaha

qoxie aw does that mean you will not be updating the thread and your twitter account anymore? (Just read your latest tweet)

Yup, I plan to cut back drastically, maybe checking in once a day. See how it goes.

It's only fair. Korea, & Asia in general, won't likely be the chief source of WG news anymore if the girls withdraw from the international limelight.

Instead, everything they publish will be hand-me-downs (off the English-language wire reports & from Internet scoops), delayed (1-2 days late) & in abridged versions (editorial policies & language barriers).

I mean, look at the extensive coverage given to the Musiqone poll results!

With no organized news gatherers here, it is the right time to pass the baton back to the likes of WGW, WGspectacle &, if they can revive, WFW for the US-based stuff.

Soompi also had great fan updates during the Jobros period, but that was then. The casual 'Nobody' fans are gone; ditto the subforum migrants.

I am curious to see how many regular posters are left. Ditto the American WFs -- remember the FAN*tactics?

WG must win over new foreign fans, sans 'Nobody' momentum.

But the traditional touring months for America are in the summer (none of the Jonas Group artistes have announced any plans), so who knows how WG will promote their new album come Feb-March.

^ a "doppelganger" (german word) is sort of an evil twin -- but the word is commonly used as a synonym of "look-alike".

^

^

I will do my best to bring updates, but I've little time available in the work days, just like last year.

qoxie, you did a great job in the last months, there's no praise that is enough for all the time you dedicated to us.

What you did was enormous because you have broken the language barrier and kept us informed for all the Asian activities. Thanks to your work Soompi has become the English language source of all things related to the Wonder Girls -- almost updating in real time in the second half of 2010.

I'm happy of your decision because I'm sure it's been a hard effort.

If I may ask something, I just want to read from time to time your "strategic" points of view, because you have the most focused vision -- in here and not limited to Soompi. :)

---

Now for some ajussi spazzing -- the girls are opening for Earth Wind & Fire!!! They were there when I started listening to music on my first radio. If Nile Rodgers will be there my day is made (that guy is a pivotal 80's figure -- he did discover and produce Madonna).

^

gah I'm aging badly -- I did confuse Maurice White with Rodgers -- sorry guys.

Guest Mia_Mia

^

the grandfather came on the show and sent a video letter to Sunye, he said that he would never forget Sunye's kindness and thanked her for her thoughtful gifts.... our Min angel always making wonderfuls proud. :)

http://cafe366.daum.net/_c21_/bbs_read?grpid=1Bw4K&mgrpid=&fldid=RHUb&page=1&prev_page=0&firstbbsdepth=&lastbbsdepth=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&contentval=002NBzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&datanum=9125&listnum=20

Guest vietboi_tuan

The new website is up.

Nothing new... actually I liked the old one better.

Disappointed cause I was expecting something more!

Archived