e8bce203d84092c7d43f7cf.jpg

Cr: 深深琳 @ baidu

- - - - - - - - - - -

25597164.jpg

61672107.jpg

71509294.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - - -

WG's NYE segment is still one of the most watched on Baidu Videos, entering its 4th day (if correct).

screenhunter01jan041621.jpg

Source: http://video.baidu.com/

- - - - - - - - - -

Youku Music is also polling which NYE show is 'most awesome'.

They are featuring one TV station per day at their portal. Tight race between HunanTV 湖南卫视 & JiangsuTV 江苏卫视 so far.

BTW The chart does not denote rankings, but rather by previously featured TV networks (chronological).

Left column denotes playback numbers; right column the number of followers.

6d3b3062jw6dcxy4raro4j.jpg

screenhunter02jan041629.jpg

Source: http://music.youku.com/Musicweekly

2010 Most Popular Ringtones – Nate (Females artists only)

1. 2NE1 – Go Away

2. miss A – Bad Girl Good Girl

3. SNSD – Oh!

4. SNSD – Hoot

5. T-ara – Bo Peep Bo Peep

6. Wonder Girls – 2 Different Tears

7. T-ara – I Go Crazy Because of You

8. KARA – Lupin

9. 2NE1 – Can’t Nobody

10. SNSD – Run Devil Run

11. T-ara – Like The First Time

12. miss A – Breathe

13. f(x) – NU ABO

14. Secret – Magic

15. T-ara – Why Are You Like This?

16. Sistar – How Dare You

17. Sistar – Shady Girl

18. Orange Caramel – A~ing♡

19. Secret – Madonna

20. KARA – Jumping

21. 2NE1 – Clap Your Hands

22. HyunA – Change feat. Junhyung (B2ST)

23. After School – Bang!

24. T-ara – I’m Really Hurt

25. 4Minute – Huh

26. Orange Caramel – Magic Girl

27. T-ara – YAYAYA

28. Rainbow – A

29. 2NE1 – Follow Me

30. 4Minute – I My Me Mine

Did your favorite female artist make the list?

Source: Tiara Diadem

Credits: *blocked*

Guest wonderr23

dosirak wraps up the best music of 2010 + hands out awards

*parts omitted*

dosirak also complied a list of 2010’s Top 50 Songs (From December 1, 2009 To November 30, 2010):

1. “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die” – 2AM

2. “Oh!” – SNSD

3. “Bad Girl Good Girl” – miss A

4. “Nagging (with 2AM’s Seulong) – IU

5. “I’m a Loner” – CNBLUE

6. “Unable” – 4Men

7. “I Go Crazy Because of You” – T-ara

8. “Lupin” – KARA

9. “2 Different Tears” – Wonder Girls

10. “Because It Hurts So Much I Could Die (ft. Mellow)” – MC Mong

11. “Time Please Stop” – Davichi

12. “NU ABO” – f(x)

13. “Change (ft. BEAST’s Yong Junhyung) – HyunA

14. “Love Taught Me To Drink (ft. Baek Chan of 8eight)” – Lee Seung Gi

15. “Run Devil Run” – SNSD

16. “Love” – CNBLUE

17. “Confession” – Hot Potato

18.”Wonder Woman” – SeeYa & Davichi & T-ara

19. “I Was Able to Eat Well” – Homme

20. “Huh” – 4minute

21. “Magic” – Secret

22. “Bang!” – After School

23. “Bubble Love” – MC Mong & Seo In Young

24. “Love Song” – Rain

25. “I’m This King of Person” – DJ DOC

26. “Can’t Nobody” – 2NE1

27. “Go Away” – 2NE1

28. “We Fell in Love” – Jo Kwon & Ga-In

29. “I Was Wrong” – 2AM

30. “I’m Sorry I Can’t Laugh For You” – 2AM

31. “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” – Lee Hyori

32. “Stigma” – Lim Jae Bum

33. “It Has To Be You” – Yesung

34. “Dang Dang Dang” – Supreme Team

35. “Come Back” – Vibe

36. “Love is Bitter, Pain is Calling” – Seo In Young

37. “Shock” – B2ST

38. “What a Spiteful Word (ft. Jangyup of Brown Eyed Soul)” – Seo Young Eun

39. “Love Light” – CNBLUE

40. “All I Learned Was Love” – December

41. “Without You” – 2PM

42. “Madonna” – Secret

43. “Queen” – Son Dambi

44. “It Hurts Because It’s Love” – Min Kyung Hoon

45. ”I’ll Move” – Brown Eyed Soul

46. “I Need a Girl (ft. G-Dragon)” – Taeyang

47. “I My Me Mine” – 4minute

48. “Because You’re a Man” – Gummy

49. “Love Love Love” – F.T. Island

50. “Breathe” – miss A

Source: dosirak

Tip: ajekalyn

cr: allkpop

I wonder if I'm the only one who noticed this, probably not, since they've been wearing these outfits for a while now. But in their new denim outfits Yenny and Lim are wearing the same belt. And Sunye and Lim are wearing the same gloves just on different hands. It's so adorable! Here is a picture with the gloves and belts circled(well squared, I used boxes). The gloves are circled in black and the belts in red. So yeah. :)

wg.png

Anyway. I love all the updates! And it's 2011, I can't wait for their new album to come out! And to Mimi, Congrats! Good luck, and I know you'll study hard!! :) Wonder Girls Fighting! ~Linda~

I was listening to my subscribed podcasts today, one of which is Marc Maron's WTF Show .

He's a standup comic who uploads hour-long, free-flowing chats with fellow comedians twice a week.

Bobby Lee is the guest in the latest episode, & he alluded to WG at one point.

It was just a brief comment, but Maron's response piqued my interest.

The relevant passage is transcribed as follows.

Setup: Bobby Lee was mocking his brother (hilarious), then backtracked by saying how much he takes care of him.

Lee: ...I went to Korea 6 months ago.

Maron: Yeah.

Lee: ...& got a gig out there.

Lee: ...& I flew him out there.

Lee: & I... (conversation breaks up; Maron couldn't keep a straight face, the more Lee kept defending himself.)

Maron: (recovering) You went to Korea?

Lee: I shot a music video with this Asian female pop group.

Maron: (realizes) Oh, you talked about it on stage. It was so funny. That's a funny joke you do....

Looks like Bobby Lee worked the 2DT filmshoot (maybe the Korea experience itself) into his comedy routine.

Anyone saw or heard what it was? No luck with Youtube search...

Downloadable podcast here http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/rss

The verbal exchange is 36:40~37:00 into the overall 1:10:27 length.

- - - - - - -

Ooh, 'Dream High' apparently got off to an inauspicious start in Korea.

A ratings loser at its time slot, & netizens are blasting Suzy's & Wooyoung's acting.

http://popseoul.com/...-in-dream-high/

If so, it continues the poor track record of idol-based Korean shows back home, despite the online visibility.

I am half-hoping Sunye won't be involved in its OST music now.

Rumor: WG to perform at RTHK Top 10 Gold Songs Awards 十大中文金曲颁奖音乐会 this Friday (1/7) at Hong Kong Science Park.

Looking around for more info....

EDIT:

Here is the event website, but it has no official update yet:

http://rthk.hk/speci...g2010/index.htm

This is the most comprehensive communique I found, but it is 2 weeks old & not official. I translated the important parts.

A little background: There is an ongoing turf war among HK media entities. (The power struggles in the Korean industry don't come close.)

2 major record labels (EEG & East Asia) are boycotting the awards, & TVB (HK's dominant terrestrial TV) is siding with them by giving up the telecast rights.

True to Hong Kongers' can-do spirit, the organizers have mobilized ATV (the other terrestrial TV),  i-Cable (major cable TV), NowTV (internet TV), various radio stations & various TV stations in China to air the event instead.

Most local artistes will likely turn up, if available. They love the glitz & publicity, & they do not want to offend the industry bigwigs involved.

But the listed guest performers remain to be verified....

56419139.jpg

Source: http://hi.baidu.com/...f537d12248.html

*quoted image*

cr : omonatheydidnt

I bet Sohee is the only member who do not want 'wonder babies' with Jay Chou

Wtheeezy?!:crazy:  Jeff !! I dont know if it was in english or not, translated differently or what but Jeff's known to always been a trouble maker in his days. LOL. I think they only admired Jay's music and movies, not himself so much. I think they rather drool over leehom. Id take leehom over him anyday.

Ok, sorry, back on topic, still loving the hair on ye eun. Such a diva~

Got a tweet saying Jane Kim tweeted that one of the WG girls is already in the USA, but I can't find the relevant message to confirm.

In any case, it looks like LIM (& maybe all the group members) will definitely return to the States next week.

Jane Kim had flown back from Korea on New Year's Day, but is heading to the west coast in mid-week. (Meet up with Jonas Group? Their HQ is listed as in Dallas & Los Angeles.)

JANEyjk: @WG_Lim can't wait to see u:) have so much to tell u-we will have sleepless nights nxt wk!hehe! 룸메빨랑와-Hong Kong 재밌어? 7:49 AM Jan 3rd via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to WG_Lim

LIM: @JANEyjk I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

- - - - - - - - -

219286054.jpg

중국에서 또 셀카~~~ ^^;;; ㅋㅋㅋ

selca from China~~~^^;;; kekeke

Guest wonderr23

Who are the most expensive CF stars?

by VITALSIGN on January 5, 2011 at 1:14 am

On January 5th, TV Report released the data results they’ve compiled from various advertisement and model contracting companies in order to find the most expensive celebrity figures of 2011.

The data they’ve published were updated as of January 2011, and consists of appearance and contract fees paid to singers for year-long contracts.

So who are the most expensive CF stars?

According to the results, Rain and Big Bang were classified under ‘Special A Class’ in the industry, and are both worth $1 million to $1.5 million USD.

2PM, SNSD, Lee Hyori, and 2NE1 were placed in the $800,000 to $900,000 USD sector, while BoA followed at $700,000 to $800,000 USD.

Lee Seung Gi, Kim Hyun Joong, Jay Park, Super Junior, JYJ, Son Dambi, and the Wonder Girls placed at $500,000 to $600,000 USD.

2AM, CNBLUE, KARA, 4minute, MBLAQ, and After School (excluding UEE) are worth a minimum of $400,000 USD. After School’s UEE exceeds that amount.

IU, FT Island, Seo In Young, and SECRET were revealed to have been in discussion for $200,000 to $300,000 USD.

Of course, the true worth of a star cannot be determined by numbers, but the numbers give better insight into the commercial aspect of the stars.

cr: Allkpop

---

I'm quiet pleased at how Wondergirls are still amongst the highest paid endorsers! But their amount dropped so much..i guess it has something to do with their absence in the Korean scene. I remember during Tell Me and SO Hot fever. They were the highest paid stars amongst idols.

Guest valentino_rossi46

JANEyjK Jane Kim

To LA- (@ John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) ✈ w/ 14 others) http://4sq.com/dUPtFL

20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Jane went to LA with 14 others, so I wonder whether the girls are in US now, cuz i dont think 15 JYP staffs go to LA

A WGHK poster spotted someone who looks like LIM at Hong Kong's Times Square shopping mall yesterday 6pm.

Said he/she went back to double-check thrice, & thinks it is 90 percent her.

She was accompanied by a female & male, speculatively her mother & sibling.

Other forum posters have posted LIM's recent photo sticker (the one with her mother, aunt & female cousin) for verification.

Cr: yhs807807 @ WGHK

LIM was spazzing on Twitter about meeting up with her "best friend" 2 days ago....

Guest Mia_Mia

Sunday (890812.com) got food for all the girls and jyp staff... love how sunday and mindot keep feeding the girls :D

erlus7.jpgipp8o8.jpg

21j400g.jpgwlrwbc.jpg

111qqyw.jpg2mg9xet.jpg

dfhhe8.jpg

credit katyhwang and liz for sharing

TV Daily did a second photoessay of the JiangsuTV concert.

Their earlier one had used the People Daily 人民网 photos, which are already posted.

The text article is rote: WG teaching the 'Nobody' dance at the emcees' prompting; WG telling the audience they hope to visit more of China's cities; others like Shakira, Fish Leong & Chen Chusheng also performed.

05119742.jpg

05119744.jpg

05119746.jpg

05119751.jpg

05119752.jpg

05119753.jpg

05119756.jpg

05119757.jpg

05119759.jpg

05119760.jpg

05119761.jpg

05119765.jpg

Source: http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/search_result.php3?searchword=%BF%F8%B4%F5%B0%C9%BD%BA&x=0&y=0

Guest wonderr23

^

I know right? Mindot and SUNday always feeding the girls. XD I'm sure leader sunye is so proud that her fans are not only taking care of her but also her members.

Anyways i'm so nervous and excited about the upcoming US album!! I'm so thrilled that they are working with such great US composers for Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears! But i'm still expecting a Dave Stewart composition!!! I respect his work as a musician and composer. It would really be nice if WG can work with him.

And this is making me more curious..who are these so-called artists that will be participating on their album? The suspence is killing me!

Translated from WG interview in France

Question : It's been a long time since you've last unleashed an album and you've only released singles lately. Are you planning to release a full-length album soon ?

So Hee : Yes, we have many projects. We are recording an album in the United States and it'll probably be released early next year.

Question : Can you make us listen to one of your upcoming songs that you are preparing ? We'll keep that secret !

So Hee : We're sorry, but we'd like to keep it secret right now. All we can say is that there will be many great artists that will be participating in this album.

Naver Search yielded a new Cine21 interview with Shim Hyung-rae in which he mentioned WG twice (according to Google Translate).

Anyone can translate?

-한국에서 한국어영화를 찍을 생각은 없나.

=지금은 할리우드에서 차츰차츰 뛰어넘는 게 목표다. 현지 사람들이 영구 캐릭터로 웨스턴영화를 만들자더라. 조선시대 사신으로 간 대감이 인디언에게 납치당하고, 영구가 대감을 구하러 가고, 그런 상황 자체가 아주 웃기잖아. 그렇게 차기작을 할리우드에서 찍으면서 한국 스타와도 한명씩 한명씩 같이 작업해야지. 이병헌이나 비 같은 한국 배우들이 할리우드에 도전하는데, 그들이 한방에 스타가 되는 건 아니다. 그게 얼마나 힘든 일인지를 잘 몰라준다, 한국 사람들은. 원더걸스가 괜히 미국에 가는 바람에 소녀시대한테 찌그러졌다고들 하잖아. 찌그러진 게 아니지. 다만 미국에서 그 고생을 하는데도 잘 안되는 것 같더라고. 그래서 <라스트 갓파더>에도 출연시켜서 시너지 효과를 내고 싶었다.

-원더걸스가? 무슨 역으로.

=그건 영화를 봐야지. (웃음)

Whole interview: http://www.cine21.com/Article/article_view.php?mm=005001001&article_id=64330

screenhunter01jan060109.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2kakq.html

WONDERGIRLS rings in New Year with China fans, gives a mesmerizing performance

Korea Star Daily update: 2010-01-05 12:35

On December 31, WONDERGIRLS took part in JiangsuTV's New Year's Eve concert.

They performed live the Chinese version of '2 Different Tears', which was ardently received by the Mainland China fans. They followed up with an effervescent 'Tell Me'. Prompted by the emcee, they had fun by sharing the technique of dancing to 'Nobody'. In addition, the girls said their New Year wish is to "hopefully meet more Mainland China fans in 2011". They then performed their last song 'Nobody', & their show segment ended much to the fans' laments. The New Year Eve's concert also invited Fish Leong, Chen Chusheng & other Mainland China stars.

- - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter02jan060132.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2k8ce.html

Former WONDERGIRLS Sunmi enrolls into university, had passed the college entrance exams on merit

Korea Star Daily update: 2010-01-04 14:39

Girlgroup WONDERGIRLS' former member Sunmi has enrolled at Dongguk University.

According to media reports on January 4, Sunmi has been formally admitted by Dongguk University. She will become an undergraduate for its new 2011 school semester. In fact, Sunmi had already aced an earlier scholastic ability test, whose results were revealed last October. But she wanted to enter university on merit, & decided to take the college entrance exams in November as well.

Netizens who learned Sunmi has gotten into university with her own efforts variously said: "Wishing you an enjoyable college life~" "Sunmi, if only you could return to WONDERGIRLS." "Hope to see you often~", etc. [TV Daily reporter Jin Zhixian]

- - - - - - - -

All the other NYE concert reviews that mentioned WG's set gave the girls the thumbs up, but otherwise have nothing revelatory so I will skip them.

I also found the official TV ratings results for the Top 10 of the 16 NYE shows. (cr: CSM Media Research).

ShenzhenTV is conspicuously absent, despite being one of the critics' favorites.

HunanTV (winner): 3.58 (rating points), 10.29% (market share)

JiangsuTV: 3.25, 9.34%

CCTV-3: 2.15, 6.19%

CCTV-1: 2.02, 5.8%

CCTV-6: 1.12, 3.21%

AnhuiTV: 1.07, 3.09%

DongfangTV: 0.93, 2.67%

ZhejiangTV: 0.64, 1.83%

CCTV-4: 0.57, 1.64%

CCTV-8: 0.42, 1.21%

The Monster Cable engineer sent this update. I guess he was browsing Twitter & found my tweets.

Better strike out my earlier post then. LOL

American WFs must pick up the slack now. I won't be updating as much now that WG is relocating their base.

screenhunter03jan060238.jpg

Archived