Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Style M did a photoessay of female Korean stars turning 20 (Korean age) in 2011, i.e. those born in 1992.

LIM, Sunmi, Sohee & Hyuna were among the 6 girls featured.

screenhunter02jan012102.jpg

screenhunter03jan012103.jpg

screenhunter04jan012108.jpg

screenhunter05jan012109.jpg

Source: http://stylem.mt.co....44219372&type=1

- - - - - - - - - - -

Chart Korea crowned JYP as the trendiest composer for 2010, according to this Korean article.

Not sure if 'trendiest' is the correct word in Korean here. I have re-interpreted it from the Chinese translation.

http://spn.edaily.co...DirCode=0010201

- - - - - - - - - - -

WG (JiangsuTV) & RAIN-2PM (ZhejiangTV) are featured in Taiwan's CTi TV news clip about the NYE concerts:

大陸11衛視大車拚 跨年晚會個顯神通

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valentino_rossi46

Han Geng in China was super duper popular :), so he was double paid than our girls definitely :)

Btw, I think Ye Eun dyed her hair again, because now it's blonde, before it's yellow and we can she some black part that didnt cover totally by yellow yet, but now it's blonde

I love her yellow hair more, so bright on stage, so different than typical blonde

y31.jpg

So gorgeous <3

WG fanart.

yeei134.jpg

Source: http://cafe.naver.co...rticleid=923145

- - - - - - - - - - -

Wg at Harbin.

8c577483aeb0aceb9d78fb.jpg

Cr: as tagged

u1951p345t25d617f762dt2.jpg

Source: http://h.house.sina..../237/index.html

1293718241674000.jpg

1293718247042000.jpg

1293718593142000.jpg

Source: http://news.hrb.souf.../4294871_4.html

This pic has no watermark, unlike an earlier version.

t22220874.jpg

Source: http://news.msn.com....132888&anchor=1

mm30102502.jpg

Source: http://media.dbw.cn/...4R0Y31423.shtml

- - - - - - - - - -

WG fanpics from Harbin concert.

Also heard HeilongjiangTV aired the Harbin concert today (1/1). There were multiple online claims about the telecast dates (12/31, 1/1, 1/2) earlier.

Pikeyenny did not have the specific Arts channel, but maybe Youku or Tudou will have the uploads.

4a869215fe13ac1ef2de32b.jpg

543f03f7d446cfa07709d7b.jpg

886ed8c9cd3a0909f31fe78.jpg

915339d01831b24f3af3cf9.jpg

764e582f8abcada38b13993.jpg

Cr: SHINee_VV @ Baidu

More detailed WG report from the JiangsuTV pre-concert press conference.

FYI WG had arrived for the interview straight from night rehearsals &, sans makeup, they requested no photo-taking or camera-filming. Hence, no public images of WG from the gathering.

Most of the reporters were professional & made the best out of it (like this article & those translated earlier), despite waiting all day for WG (who flew in late), Shakira (arrived early but skipped the press meet) & Susan Boyle (AWOL).

But there were a few other articles which made snide remarks about 'big egos pocketing appearance fees', to paraphrase.

screenhunter07jan020207.jpg

Source: http://www.hljnews.c...010775018.shtml

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS did not expect 'Nobody' to be so popular

Heilongjiang News 2011-01-01 11:46

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame was [once] handpicked by the UK media as one of the 8 most fashionable international girlgroups [i.e. Virgin Media's 'Top 8 Girlgroups to Watch Worldwide' in 2008]. They were the only Asians chosen, & would go on to set off a global mimicry craze. On December 31, they participated in JiangsuTV's New Year's Eve concert, where their 2 hit songs 'Nobody, 'Tell Me' left the audience on a high. During the pre-show interview, WONDERGIRLS said they hoped to deliver their new album to their China fans.

WONDERGIRLS arrived for the press conference & made their greetings in Chinese: "Hello everybody, we are WONDERGIRLS." Mention the New Year's Eve concert, & the girls expressed their excitement at seeing in the New Year in China for the 1st time. Mention 'Nobody', & WONDERGIRLS said they did not expect the song to be so popular in China. They also repeatedly thanked the local fans for their support & affection. Asked if they will focus on the Mainland market like SUPERJUNIOR has, WONDERGIRLS's group leader said: "Thanks to 'Nobody', we have had so many opportunities to perform in China, & got to appreciate the enthusiasm shown by our fans here. We hope to be able to go to even more cities in the country. We are currently preparing our new album, & hope to produce songs that will be beloved by China fans as 'Nobody' is."

- - - - - - - - - - -

Finally found a local newspaper report of the Harbin event.

But the Harbin Daily article only mentioned WG in passing, so I won't translate it.

screenhunter06jan020120.jpg

Source: http://61.167.35.147...ent_5936460.htm

Guest wonderr23

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Yeeun with her buddies

20u77yp.jpg

2qkqbkz.jpg

am9req.jpg

2ebc27r.jpg

n6dvh1.jpg

So Sunye spent time with Heidi, Yeeun with her buddies, Yubin with Sunmi, so how about our Apple Lim and Sohee? XD

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7725/w020101231803512480211.jpg

I have a more clear picture of this one. LMAO Leader SUnye looks weird..XD

bi7axh.jpg

cr: as tagged

--edit

I forgot to add..CCTV China did a feature of WG's participation on Harbin. I will try and acquire a copy of that.

^

Is it is a new one? I have posted an earlier CCTV news clip which is available at its Internet TV station portal CNTV.

Pikeyenny has ripped it over to Youtube since then too.

- - - - - - - - -

WG with the Jiangsu concert organizer's deputy GM.

I remember him. He was the guy who announced on Weibo that he had signed a NYE performance contract with JYPE, when rival TV stations were just spreading hype.

He also tweeted a lot of Shakira photo ops pics with his staff, as well as some concert pics.

6d9ccef9tw6dcwwr59vvzj.jpg

6d9ccef9tw6dcwy2toxfnj.jpg

Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/1838993145

Unshared JiangsuTV pics from Weibo.

567cdd39jw6dcx9vm2ijtj.jpg

712771fajw6dcxb0axk29j.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

Guest wonderr23

^

I believe so...My source is local site JSTV. But unfortunately i was only able to acquire the full 2DT performance. I'm still looking all over the net for the remaining performances.

Wondergirls 2DT @ 2010 Harbin concert

--

my mistake....it's the same as pikes's video.LMAO Only diff source.

I saw this on dcinside. This is for the whole 2010 charts! It says that Nobody is number 1 for 41 weeks on HongKong. They've beaten their sunbaes Super Junior longest record in Taiwan which is 28 weeks!

ftj9jl.jpg

Lighthearted review of the China NYE shows.

Keep in mind that that the reporter is just mentioning event highlights; there is no really viewership consensus on Weibo.

Note: the pic in the article isn't WG (despite the blurry resemblance to Yoobin's hairstyle) but Mandopop girlgroup SHE.

screenhunter01jan022023.jpg

Source: http://gzdaily.dayoo...nt_1232464.htm#

Taking stock of the 16 competing TV New Year Eve concerts

Guangzhou Daily 2010-01-02

Guangzhou Daily January 2 report. It was very exciting on TV two nights ago, with 16 broadcasters screening New Year's Eve concerts nationwide. The deluge of celebrity stars elevated the festive atmosphere of the occasion. Which of the 16 TV shows won the audience's favor? Netizens became enthusiastic judges as they made comparisons & handed out 'prizes'. The most talked about were the HunanTV & ShenzhenTV shows, so they were the 'big winners' of the night.

[skipped to WG portion]

Fastest travel prize: WONDERGIRLS

During ZheijiangTV's show, their emcees announced "direct from our other concert in Seoul, Korea" & a clip of Kpop superstar RAIN performing 'It's Raining' was shown. WONDERGIRLS then followed up with the familiar 'Nobody'. Netizens immediately asked on Weibo: "Isn't WONDERGIRLS appearing on JiangsuTV? Have they not left [Korea] yet?" "WONDERGIRLS is not coming to China?" Yet, WONDERGIRLS did appear onstage at the JiangsuTV concert an hour later. They even proceeded to teach the 'Nobody' dance to the audience. Netizens concurred unanimously to give WONDERGIRLS the 'fastest travel prize': "From Seoul to Nanjing in only one hour! They were faster than Jane Zhang, who hurried from Guangzhou to Shenzhen."

[skipped the rest but here is a summary of the other informal 'prizes':

• Most awesome prize: HunanTV

• Most awkward prize: JiangsuTV (Susan Boyle's late pullout)

• Most heartwarming prize: ShenzhenTV (SHE rallying support for severely-burnt bandmate)

• Most insane prize: AnhuiTV (organized a big awards show but not NYE-themed)

• Most scary prize: ZhejiangTV (a fire at the venue)

• Most original award: GuangdongTV (zoo animals)

• Most incomprehensible emcee: Le Jia

• Most scutinized prize: Gong Linna (her experimental multigenre song)

• Hottest performer prize: Jane Zhang

• Worst combo: Fei Yu Qing & Cai Ming (incompatible genres)

• Most 'blessed' prize: Alec Su (the ex-Little Tiger performed carrying a tiger cub; he tweeted on Weibo that it urinated on him at the stroke of midnight!)]

Guest wonderr23

The Wonder Girls wrap up 2010 in China for year-end music festival

by VITALWARNING on January 2, 2011 at 2:21 am

20110102_wg_1.jpg

The Wonder Girls wrapped up 2010 with a great performance in China for the ‘Jiangsu Satellite TV’ year-end music concert.

During the event, the girls kicked off their performance with the chinese version of ’2 Different Tears’. Shortly after greeting the audience in Mandarin, the group continued on with their song, ‘Tell Me’.

Answering a request from the MCs, the members transformed into teachers and taught the ‘Nobody‘ dance moves to the crowd.

Additionally, when they were asked about their hopes for 2011, the members expressed, “In 2011, we would like to meet our Chinese fans more often.”

20110102_wg_2.jpg

Source: TV Daily via Nate

cr: Allkpop

Guest Mia_Mia

Mindot released all Sunye fancams from jyp nation, so if anyone could upload them on youtube it would be great :)

http://minsunye.ivyro.net/bbs/view.php?id=free&page=1&sn1=&divpage=2&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=10477

Guest Pike Yenny

[sunYe Fancam] Wonder Girls (Sunye,Sohee,Yoobin) - I'll Be Back @ JYP Nation Concert 2010 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MylL4s86SP0

PikeYenny

Guest valentino_rossi46

[sunYe Fancam] Wonder Girls (Sunye,Yoobin,Yeeun) - Lies @ JYP Nation Concert 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFRgVUcryRw

credit Pikeyenny

Son Ho Young from G.O.D and Sun Ye looks good together :), many times he looked at her but she just looked at him in the end

He was born in 1978 but he's still young and bright smile like Sun Ye :), so JYP used to introduce Ho Young to Sun Ye is not a bad idea ha ha :P

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Wow. Wonder Girls were #1 on HK charts for 41 weeks. That's amazing~!!! :D

tumblr_le0a004VMX1qbn5fdo1_500.jpg

^ I love this. I'm so JYP bias haha... Because of Wonder Girls.

On Daum, WonderFuls have summed up Wonder Girls' 2010 acitivities.

I don't understand everything and so I used google translate.

I added a few extras with the help of WG's wiki page and Wonder Girls World. :P

January

Musiqtone Music Video of the Year Award

SunMi quits acitivities

February

Sunmi goes on hiatus

Hyelim announced to join

Fashion week - Tory Burch, EMU, Milly, Anna Sui

Popcon

Opening for Justin Bieber's concert

Nickelodeon 'School Gyrls' Premiere

March

'Nobody' in Taiwan, sweeps HK charts #1

Sony Ericsson Model Selection

April

Taiwan TV Appearances - Kangxi, 100% Entertainment,

Sunmi's GED exams.

EXR photoshoot

20 Show tour of the US and Canada annouced

Ustream webchat

May

Korean Music Festival, LA

2DT released in 3 languages and MV release

2 weeks of promotional acitivities in Korea - Appeared on WinWin. Happy Together, Family Outing Season 2, Come to Play

Dream Concert

2DT wins on M! Countdown

8 more US cities and 2 Canadian cities added to U.S tour

AOL's Music's 'Artist of the Month'

June

Start of U.S Tour

Singapore and Indonesia Showcases

House of Blues named WG 'Artist of the Month'

MTV Iggy: Summer with the Wonder Girls

July

MTV Malaysia World Stage

U.S Tour

Sohee's 'Dazed & Confused' magazine photoshoot

Sunmi back on twitter

MTV Wonder Girls Season 4

Mnet Made in Wonder Girls

Entered #21 on Billboard Heartseeker's Album Chart

Appearance on Sunrise Hawaii News

August

Singapore SINGgest 2010

ABC news - Global Sensations You've Never Heard Of

China Showcase

September

Entered #16 Billboard's Hottest Minors (Under 21s)

Cannes, Korean Creative Content Agency’s Korean Contents Showcase

Seattle for Aion

New York Fashion shows - Jeremy Scott, Anna Sui,

OCtober

Sohee casted in San E's 'Love Sick' MV

Sunmi's passes for Dongguk university

Dr. Dre promotional activity - Sunye, Yeeun, Yoobin

November

MAMA performance - last performers

Sunmi's SAT exams

MULA Thailand

'This Christmas' release

December

JYP Nation 'Teamplay' concert

Malaysia, Hong Kong 'The 1st Wonder' concerts

#31 on Billboard Hot Singles Sales Chart

Credits: 원더걸스월드, Daum, Wonder Girls Wikipedia page, Wonder Girls World

글쓴이:진리의안소희

More to add? I kind of put this together quickly.

Also, Happy 11th Sunmi Day~! <3

sunmimbbackstage.gif

^

Yup, I have been working on a similar project on & off too, but for my own purpose.

Wonderstuck had PM'd me his own 2010 WG chronology some time back.

Mine basically chronicles WG's global itinerary in 2010 (as well as a separate one for 2009), & then map it out on Google Maps.

For copyright reasons, I can't copy it over. Neither does Soompi support embedding, which is legal.

Too bad, cuz I think everyone will be shocked at the sight of how many cites WG had visited this last year in Asia (esp. China) & North America (US tour).

2 things stand out:

• WG really fits the 'World Singer' label now, surpassing even RAIN in worldwide reach IMO.

• They really cashed in on 'Nobody' this last year in terms of performing income, which is a fruitful career rebound following Sunmi's exit, & also a great financial recovery after 2009's net losses.

Too bad the 3 language domains (Korean, English, Chinese) function largely independent from one another, each sphere largely ignorant of how WG had fared in the other 2 regions.

Sometimes it is frustrating to read fan claims about how WG allegedly under-publicized 2DT in X country, or that 'Nobody' is overexposed in Y country, or that so-&-so Kpop artiste can also 'theoretically' match WG's feat in Z country.

Worst of all are the allegations about WG "off the radar", "not much activities", "losing popularity". Just cuz the girls went somewhere that did not speak your language...

I hope history will recognize how hard Sunye, Yeeun, Sohee, Yoobin, LIM & Sunmi have worked since WG relocated from Korea in the 1st third of 2009.

- - - - - - - - -

Anyone picked up any updated info on WG in 'The Last Godfather'?

I saw many Naver blogs posting ticket stubs, along with the movie poster & the released photo stills, but can't make out the Hangul text.

Predictably, the wannabe English reviews have been merciless, but then slapstick films tend to do so.

I also notice real journos (Korea Times, Korea Herald, JoongAng Daily, et al.) have been mostly fair. In particular, they respect how iconic & beloved the lead character is in Korea & kept that in context.

Did WG appear?

- - - - - - - -

FYI AnhuiTV apparently edited out WG in their telecast of the Hefei concert just now.

I checked with Baidu & Weibo after Pikeyenny tweeted me about recording the 3-hour show for nothing. (Oh dear!)

Many China WFs are disappointed with AnhuiTV & Zhejiang TV New Year shows...

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

sunye said that they will comeback in January

so mabey they will release something soon ?? ;):w00t:

---

and 41 weeks OMG that's great :w00t::o

wondergirls the best

that should be article btw -_-

sunye said that they will comeback in January

so mabey they will release something soon ?? ;):w00t:

I don't think so, Because of Yubin's tweet which seemed to hint at Feb-March album release.

Really wished it was January i really need new WG music in my life :lol:

Yubin Unnie so pretty!

1204953478_59.jpg

1204953478_45.jpg

Guest ashenlo

41 weeks!!! waouw and wg > suju in hong kong = double waouw! congrats wg

lim tweeted this pic

219138452.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1294011240&Signature=ljL10FTp1uTT0aeeosLUEYsDG1g%3D

sticker photo with my mom+aunt+cousin! :D

i think her mom is the one on her left?! she looks pretty :-)

and she learnt from her ye eun unnie that taking selcas in bathroom are the best!

pHjsZ0Q%3D

Archived