Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

A BTS of the Lovesick launch event on WonderGirls video blog, with English translation.

http://www.wondergirlsworld.com/video_mu/?p=374

(on youtube without translation

)

---

A nice video for Sunmi day, it takes a K-wonderfuls song for Sunmi and adds a video collage edited very well.

WonderFuls support Wonder Girls Sunmi (응원할게 선미야)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWrZNRw3L5g

Credit: fujiwaratakumi@youtube

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest korey89

I'm surprised the news of the JYP family concert hasn't been posted here yet. Not sure when's the exact date, but WG, 2PM, JYP, Miss A and San-E are scheduled to perform (2AM will be having a concert on the same day, which is a shame, I would have liked to see a Sunye/Jo Kwon performance). :) I wonder if there will be special stages/performances, as in collaborations. XD Or maybe it'll just be like the JYP tour back in 2009. Though "Family" Concert suggests it'll be different, special? :]

Guest vietboi_tuan

^^

The date for the concert is December 24th. The day before Christmas.

I hope for some 2PM and Wonder Girls Collaboration. Miss A and Wonder Girls collaboration.

Or the three together. That would be AMAZING!!!!!!! Wish 2AM was there because it's not

the whole family without them. Still very excited. MNET need to film a behind the scenes

action of the family concert.

Guest Mia_Mia

I'm surprised the news of the JYP family concert hasn't been posted here yet. Not sure when's the exact date, but WG, 2PM, JYP, Miss A and San-E are scheduled to perform (2AM will be having a concert on the same day, which is a shame, I would have liked to see a Sunye/Jo Kwon performance). :) I wonder if there will be special stages/performances, as in collaborations. XD Or maybe it'll just be like the JYP tour back in 2009. Though "Family" Concert suggests it'll be different, special? :]

sadly... the article which allkpop has posted says that WG isn't confirmed yet!

Breaking news! Following in the footsteps of SM Entertainment and YG, JYP Entertainment has decided to hold their own ‘JYP Family Concert‘.

A representative from JYPE confirmed, “On December 24th, JYP Entertainment singers will get together to hold a family concert. Because this is our first concert, we are preparing carefully.”.

Park Jin Young, 2PM, miss A and San-E will definitely be in the line-up of performances that night.

Unfortunately the Wonder Girls and 2AM (solo concert on same day) are currently in the midst of trying to make it to the concert, but they are not confirmed as yet.

The concert will be held at the Seoul Olympic Stadium.

Source: OSEN

allkpop

I'm going to be really mad if WG, 2AM, JOO, G.Soul and J.Lim aren't part of this concert if JYPE is passing this of as a JYPE family concert.....

Guest yubin4ever

JYP Entertainment To Hold Their Family Concert Without 2AM!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 by Sunny Kim in Music

JYP Family

Photo Credit: 2AM's Seulong

JYP Entertainment will be holding a family concert this year!

JYP Entertainment’s family concert will be on December 24th, 7:30 PM at the Seoul Songpa Olympic Stadium.

It has been confirmed that 2PM, the Wonder Girls, miss A and San E will be performing but 2AM will not be in attendance!

They have a good reason for it though! 2AM will be holding their first solo concert from December 24-26th at Korea University’s Hwajeong Gym in Seoul so they will be unable to make it.

YG Entertainment will also be holding their family concert in December and SM Town held their family tour over the summer.

[Link.]

Credit:http://www.mtvk.com/2010/11/02/jyp-entertainment-to-hold-their-family-concert-without-2am/

Guys Wonder Girls will go!!!! I am so psyched right now. I love JYP family together. Aww and Lim with Miss A. Maybe Sunmi will make a surprise appearance

Guest wonderr23

Sohee was so adorable on SanE' Lovesick video!! :wub: The way she did the whole raise the roof gesture was soooo cute!!!! :wub: Sohee and SanE hwaiting!

JYP Entertainment To Hold Their Family Concert Without 2AM!

^ Aigoo...i was hoping kkap kwon will do a kkap number with Sunye..lol Oh well...i still wish them the very best. JYP family hwaiting!!

Guest uchix_francois

:)

just saw the preview vids and the mv... aww, Sohee's really grown up for sure… yet she’s still the shy, sometimes awkward, but absolutely adorable Ahn Sohee we all knew and love… and she's so cute in both nurse uniform and that 'granny clothes' :D well, who knows… maybe that floral dress will start a new ‘granny fashion’ trend… since Sohee is widely known as THE fashionista, lol…

the most important thing is will YOU still be around when they go down? If you are still here don't worry about what others are doing. You are supporting them and the girls really appreciate that. ^_^

I'll do my best to stay

because this overwhelming love I felt for WG is something I have never felt for any other artist before

and I like it, so I want to keep this feeling with me as long as possible

Guest spicy pink

so sad that 2am will not be at the JYP Fam concert :(

im expecting kwon and sunye collab or interactions...

hope that there's a collab between the groups..it'll be awesome ryt!!

neways!!cant wait for fancams in concert .LOL

JYP house~~rocks!

Guest Mia_Mia

^

i wanted that too!... :(

Nick Jonas started following Sunye and the rest on twitter now.. it's cute how he is following Lim as well considering they've never actually met..

20r76h1.png

I'm not a fan of the jonas brothers, justin bieber or crap like that.

See, I dislike them so much I can't even be bothered to put their name in capital.

Anyway, really nice picture of Sunye and Seulong. :)

Edit: lol, I got a - and a +.

Guest valentino_rossi46

Maybe the fact that Nick even didnt remember Mimi, he just remembered WGs have 5 girls and follow twiter accounts start wt WG

Celebrities criticized for being given special treatment by colleges

With recent news of more celebrities being admitted into college surfacing to the public, the celebrities in question have been wrapped in an unending string of controversy over not only their admittance, but over the schools’ standards as well.

As opposed to congratulating the students, criticisms have been pouring forward for the unfair and biased treatment given to celebrities.

Celebrities that have been recently admitted include Go Ah Sung and Goo Hye Sun for Sungkyunkwan University, Wonder Girls‘ Sunmi, 4minute’s Gayoon, and model Kim Ji Won for Dong Kuk University.

With constant reports of celebrities entering college through the system’s special treatment screening, which allows celebrities to enter college for the mere fact of being a celebrity, the issue has caused not only current students, but parents of students and regular citizens to express their outrage over the biased treatment.

Celebrities are given preferential treatment by colleges in exchange for promotion for their school. Many have begun to raise their voices in questioning how the special talents of a celebrity can be compared to the years of unending effort normal students must put in for a chance to be considered by a college.

Part of the problem also lies in celebrities being admitted into majors that have nothing to do with the ’special talents’ that they were admitted into the school for in the first place.

Go Ah Sung was recently swept in controversy for being admitted into Sungkyunkwan University by being given special preference for her acting talent. Once netizens found that she was a social affairs major, many began questioning why she was admitted into a major she had no talent for.

S.E.S’s Eugene entered Koryeo University as a Western Culture major in 2000, Dana entered Hankuk University of Foreign Studies as a Chinese major in 2004, and Moon Geun Young entered Sungkyunkwan University as a Korean Literature major in 2005. Each celebrity in question was given special preference for their celebrity status and talents in their respective fields, but were admitted into majors completely unrelated to the talent in which they were admitted for.

Students currently studying for the college entrance exam have expressed their feelings of deprivation, and are raising their voices in anger over seats being stolen away from those that truly studied and worked for it. One asked, “Why must a celebrity that was admitted into a school for his or her singing talent be also admitted into a major that is unrelated to it?”

The final part to this controversy is the celebrities’ attitude at school. Although they were admitted, celebrities end up being what is now nicknamed as ‘the ghost students,’ never appearing for classes and enjoying the title of being a hard working college student/celebrity.

Due to such issues at hand, news of celebrities entering college has not been received well by the public, and are often targeted for criticism, making many question why such special treatment even exists for celebrities at all.

Netizens commented, “Sunmi left the Wonder Girls because she wanted to study. Why would she use her status as a celebrity and the school’s preferential favor to be admitted to college?“, “It wouldn’t even as big as a problem if they at least showed up to class,” “They should wait until they’re truly ready for college,” “Let’s stop stealing seats from competent students,” and “As if being exempted from the military isn’t enough, they’re now getting free rides to college.”

Another netizen retorted, “How much effort did these celebrities put in before they actually became one? They put everything on the line and risked their entire lives and futures to choose their path. How can that not be comparable to the effort students put in?”

Where do you guys stand on this issue?

Source + Photo: MyDaily

Korean netizen dont hv the right to judge Mimi as well as other artist, they applied for Art major not Business or Engineering and were accept by their talent, in Art, if u get all all A in every subjects but u dont have talent, u still fail. They work so hard since young, talent, have many experience, of course they will be chosen, not the one who didnt hv any experience and less talent. People want to study Art major in college = they want to be recognized in entertainment industry in future, celebrities who were accepted, they were not chosen because they are famous, they were chosen because they are already recognized

In Sun Mi case, she didnt use her status to enter Dongguk, she still studies hard to SAT exam, she hasnt stopped her studying yet, Korean netizens, why u can jealous in everything ?

Guest wonderr23

^

Mimi passed the exam fair and square. They don't have any right to criticize her just because she was a member of Wondergirls(and still is a member). She didn't say "Hello, i am Sunmi of Wondergirls so you have to let me pass the examination". <_< But i do agree about the whole special treatment about celebrities. But Mimi is just not one of those people. Maybe some...I don't want to say names but there are some who receive them.

Going off topic...I just opened my twitter and saw MarkPDs tweet. I asked him if WG will be attending MAMA. Duh..i know they are but being me i just have to have a confirmation. But gotta say i was quiet confused and disappointed with his reply.

aykmdh.jpg

erm.. is he saying we should make a lot of wondergirls nobody videos because WG are attending the event? Or we should show our support because they are not attending?? Err...maybe they will show the videos before they perform?? :wacko: Anybody? Input please??

^

Celebrities get preferential treatment, it's nothing new.

Certain Korean universities are well-known for accepting Kpop artistes, despite supposedly strict selection systems.

It's part of societal norms, a non-issue. Indignation gives way to resignation pretty quickly, you'll see.

- - - - - - -

Joe Jonas is following all the WG girls too http://twitter.com/joejonas

The official Jobros twitter monitors only 5 accounts, inc. followWG's: http://twitter.com/jonasbrothers

Hmmm, American plans in the works?

- - - - - - -

Sharing earlier news from today, if you didn't get my tweets...

Congrats to original WG member Hyuna for being accepted by Konkuk University.

http://www.popasia.n...kuk-university/

KBS2 will debut the Bae Yong Joon-JYP 'Dream High' TV series on Jan 3.

Cast mentions including 2PM Taecyeon, Wooyoung; T-ARA Eunjung; missA Suzy; IU; Joo. But no WG....

Alpha Entertainment received new instructions from Korea for the JYP Auditions: No GROUP or DANCER categories.

They are looking only for SOLO SINGER, ACTOR, VJ, MC & MODEL.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6pj31t

The Star (Malaysia) news clipping about the WG concert.

73290494185934609172731.jpg

Cr: MY Wonderfuls Facebook

Online news article: http://thestar.com.m...9774&sec=nation

Firefly holiday package offer (return flights, hotel, Wonder Girls Malaysia concert ticket)

http://fireflyholida...ons/wondergirls

This is a week-old article but it mentioned WG.

The new Korean Wave: Girl groups

Posted Oct. 28, 2010

screenhunter03nov040008.gif

The Korean wave is cresting again, this time with a new twist!  Girl groups are finding new popularity, not just in East Asia, but also in the Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.

Girls Generation is among the most popular of this new wave of girl groups. Girls Generation, also as known as SNSD, had their Japanese debut in September of this year, and their first single jumped straight to fourth on Japan’s prestigious Oricon charts. In just ten days, their single had climbed all the way to second. When their album Gee was released in October, it immediately jumped to second, before finally becoming the top ranked album on the Oricon chart.

In Taiwan, their ‘1st Asia Tour: Into the New World’ on Oct. 16 sold out. About 24 thousand fans showed up for the two shows.

Kara, another Korean girl group, debuted in Japan in August. They also made it onto a weekly top ten Oricon list with their single, “Mister.” The success of Kara, Girls Generation, and other female K-pop acts prompted Japan's national public broadcasting organization, NHK, to air a five-minute report on Korean girl bands as one of their top evening news stories.

Korean girl groups have been the subject of lots of foreign media attention, and both the media and viewers are entranced by the multi-talented performers.  Members of these girl groups must be able to sing, dance, and learn multiple languages in order to become successful overseas and communicate with fans worldwide.  Strong attention has also been paid to styling, and many fans follow the groups as they change their clothing, hairstyle, and overall sense of fashion to express new and different sides of themselves.

Social media has been an essential component of their success, bringing together fans from around the world.

Social media channels, especially youtube.com, have helped spread the fame of Korean pop music by bringing it into homes and handheld media devices worldwide. Music videos, photos, and news articles are actively consumed through social media by overseas fans.

Korea.net conducted a survey on which social media channels fans use to get the latest information on their favorite Korean musicians. Most respondents said Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and blogs were their favorite sources, allowing them quick access to new information, and an easy way to spread their favorite clips and news stories among their friends and networks.

These same contents have also grabbed the attention of international record labels.  Youtube is credited with helping the Wondergirls get their American contract, and 2NE1’s newest song, “Clap your Hands,” has had nearly a half a million hits on the video sharing site, with viewers in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, Canada, and England.  With the internet and social media helping to make Korean hits instantly available to a far-flung and diverse audience, the chances that Korean bands will find fame away from home is growing.

By Cindy Ji-Eon Kim

Korea.net Staff Writer

Source: http://www.korea.net...tail&guid=50915

Guest wonderr23

there is this local chinese badminton player named Chen Pei Hua and he said he likes Sunyes' motto of saying never give up..I cannot really translate it accurately because my Mandarin sucks..but i'm hoping qoxie can help with the translation? Anyways please correct mine..

2dqn1oy.jpg

He is just 16 years old..xD He's quiet good looking don't you guys think??

陈培华喜欢韩国组合Wonder Girls成员之一的先艺,因为其座右铭“只要努力就能做到”很符合他的价值观。这个从不让父母观看自己比赛的大男孩,即使不能圆梦进省队,但8年来从不放弃打羽毛球,他坚信自己可以在羽毛球的舞台上绽放光彩。

He said he like Sunyes' motto "to never give up"! He said it was consistent with his values. It was his dream to be on the provincial team but he didn't quiet achieved his goal. He played badminton for 8 years and never gave up!!!

http://www.ycwb.com/ePaper/ycwbdfb/html/2010-11/03/content_961552.htm

credit ricecakey and kenshin_sun @ sunyethread

^ Sure, no problem. Translation:

Chen Pei Hua likes Kpop group WONDERGIRLS member Sunye, cuz her "where there is a will, there is a way" maxim is consistent with his own values. This young man does not let his parents watch his matches. Even though he could not realize his dream of making the provincial squad, he has not abandoned playing badminton over the past 8 years. He firmly believes he can shine on the badminton stage.

- - - - - - -

On WG attending MAMA:

I think Mark PD responded to an earlier query along the lines of "where there is a will, there is a way" too.

The Asian mainstream media is assuming they will be there. If so, it  will be a bit of a rush to Macau from Hangzhou (where they have a show  the night before).

I am still doubtful they will perform at MAMA. 1stly, WG must be able to fly in early for very last-minute rehearsals. They are professional & experienced enough by now with such an arrangement, & Mark PD has been around the girls enough to know how they  work on the job.

But, 2ndly, the Mnet & Macau crew may not be familiar with WG, or comfortable with such a gameplan for a big-award show.

In any case, Mark PD recruited WG to plug the MAMA relay project &, the way I see it, he's hoping the contest winner is a WF (who can then present a Mnet award to WG onstage). That's the kind of WG participation I am envisioning for the event.

Archived