Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Someone just tweeted to say he saw JYP in the PIVOTCON bathroom.

'Nobody' MV imitates reality? ~lol~

*checks clock* His talk will begin soon, but any live streaming doesn't look promising as yet.

# JYP is the Wondergirls' producer, btw. #pivotcon     8 minutes ago  via HootSuite

# He was headed into a stall. If you've seen Wondergirls' "Nobody" music vid, you get why this is HILARIOUS! #pivotcon 9 minutes ago via HootSuite

# I was whistling "Nobody" by the Wondergirls in the bathroom. Why did I see JYP walk in behind me in the mirror! #pivotcon 10 minutes ago via HootSuite

Source: http://twitter.com/TheBlackoutBlog

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PIVOTCON is live-streaming JYP talk now

http://testing.pivot...tvideopage.html

Screengrabs:

screenhunter01oct190308.gif

screenhunter02oct190327.gif

screenhunter03oct190332.gif

EDIT: JYP mentioned he's "preparing 2 TV shows for next year, not just here [America] but also worldwide"!

Comment: I enjoyed the talk. The Q&A session is also pretty educational, except the Korean girl who went on & on & on...:phew: (JYP Her questions were already covered in the lecture itself -- wasn't she paying attention?)

Won't be online if PIVOTCON does stream WG's showcase later. But I just tweeted Ooyala (who's providing the service & is there at the event) asking them if this will indeed happen. Will update if they reply back before I log off.

V

I think he just used "spring" as the wrong word, that all. He made a few such phrasal errors during the talk.

His English is understandable, but he was speaking off the cuff, yet clearly doesn't think in English sentences either.

The indirect reference to the 'Made in WG' show caught me out.:wacko:  For a while, I thought erroneously he was talking about WG doing another series (the delayed Bae Yong Joon 'Dream High' project came to mind, actually).

ROFL at the bathroom meet with JYP. So weird, that it's probably true :lol:

My quick impression: as a slideshow presenter JY is not a star. But professional meetings are by nature boring events. He resurfaced brilliantly in the question time and got the audience laughing (that's the best way to make a lasting impression).

1. Many people asking questions knew the girls.

2. He said the dreaded word: "spring". I'm bracing for another delay. >.< (* and have a little more hope after reading qoxie's take about that)

3. He let out that he's working together with Britney Spears' songwriter for the Wonder Girls new songs. Now that's aiming high ^_^

Added

Transcript of two key answers - corrections are welcome as English is neither mine nor JY native language :)

"I think first, the most important thing is collaboration, it's the key.

For the first Wonder Girls album that I will release in spring... I'm making music with American musicians, so for instance I make a track and then, the writer for Miley Cirus, the writer for Britney Spears is writing with me.

So, between the collaboration, we find that common space -- that is [between] Asian people's preferences and American people's preferences I believe there's common preferences, so we're trying, we're trying very hard to find that common spot.

But that's really through a collaboration of creators.

[...]

For an Asian pop star to cross to the US, I don't think, I think he shouldn't be too Asian, and at the same time I think he should be not too American. There has to be somewhere in the middle, that is different but not too different.

First thing you don't wanna do is to have Asian stars pretend that they're American - I think that can be a disaster. A lot of Asian have failed becaused they tried to look like American superstars.

At the same time if you look too Asian, if there's something that American people cannot relate to at the same time that can be disastrous also. That's why through a collaboration of creators you have to find that sweet spot".

Guest i.said.goodbye

has this been shared?

Yubin tweeted Miryo

cats-3.jpg

credit me91 @ yoobinthread

Translation

she said " Unnie~~ You are doing well right?? I miss you (or i want to see you)"

credit nyssnisa @ yoobinthread

PIVOTCON comes across as very oddball on Twitter search.

Type 'Pivot Conference' & you will get relatively few results (at least until followWG's message which was then retweeted).

Type '#Pivotcon" & you will get a tidal wave of messages, almost all of them from attendees on-site (& seemingly trying to trend the topic).

Here is the relevant feedback for JYP's talk. Don't the Marcom (marketing communications) Executives sound a bit 'automated', like devotees muttering after 'their' guru? :D

searchtwittercomsearchm.png

searchtwittercomsearchm.png

Guest queen;ofhearts.

Did anyone else watch the live streaming of WG at Pitvotcon? (: They performed 4 songs. It was funny when Sunye was surprised when someone knew their nobody dance XDD

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

All the girls look so pretty!.. The bow in Yubin's hair looks so adorable with her short natural hair!

LOL at Sunye's surprised expression :D

Thank you so much for sharing those screencaps!

omg! I am so excited about their debut album! okay...this is random rumor that I am starting..but since jyp kinda hinted out that he is working with miley cyrus' writer and brittney...and I have a feeling it's....dr.luke!!! :) person who was co writer for party in the USA and california gurls, "Tik Tok", "Your Love Is My Drug, and Circus from Britney Spears!! cannot wait!!! :D

He is also located in new york city so high possibility that he is the one who will help the world star! :P

Aww, man... Miley Cyrus...

I hate the fact that they toured with the Jonas Brothers too, but at least it helped them get exposed to a bigger audience...

I missed the streaming, it was starting at 2AM in here and I did not resist until then.

--

ea09c9c80104799dc5ea934dbdf0d200_large.jpg

Allkpop has a good report and a picture gallery (guess they attended).

Interesting bit about some wonderfuls attending -- or is it that the girls have some unsuspected fans among professionals?

Wonder Girls spice it up at Pivot conference in New York

The Wonder Girls took to the stage this evening, but the occasion definitely wasn’t your typical music show: as guest performers at the Pivot Conference, the five ladies performed their hottest tracks to an audience of over a hundred brand marketers, business associates and more at Times Square in New York City.

What was especially interesting about this marketing conference was that it featured the Wonder Girls not simply as pop icons but as a model global brand. As Park Jin Young (JY Park) was part of the conference as a keynote speaker, the quintet’s performance was also a presentation of JYP Entertainment’s success in creating an international pop sensation.

Titled “Dinner and the Wonder Girls,” the business casual event drew over a hundred hungry attendees for an evening meal and live music. While a personal dinner with the Girls sold for 20 million won (~$20,000 USD) back in 2007, business associates and Pivot attendees received the opportunity to dine with the ladies’ stage performance as a bonus to attending the conference. Before the performance, staff distributed a number of high quality press kit booklets featuring fourteen pages of JYPE artist photos, notable articles in American media, lists of partnerships, endorsements & awards, company statistics and more.

An hour into the meal, the lights dimmed dramatically and the chatter subsided as a video was projected onto the screens in the front with the familiar tune of Nobody growing in the background. “Without further ado, here they are: the Wonder Girls!” Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls exclaimed in the video, followed by a montage of clips of fans ranging from Brazil to Norway performing the Nobody dance. As the video faded, the Girls stepped onto the stage without skipping a beat and gripped the audience’s attention with an upbeat performance of 2 Different Tears. Although they were a little off at the beginning due to technical difficulties, the Girls bounced right back after thirty seconds for an energetic performance. After performing So Hot and Tell Me, the ladies wrapped up their twenty minute performance with a friendly dance tutorial and, of course, Nobody.

Okay, let me back up for a second: because all of the chairs in the room had been filled, the area in front of the stage had transformed into a crowded little picnic area for attendees that had filtered into the performance late. Although it was amusing to see adults in business attire watching a pop music performance while cross-legged on the floor like kindergarteners, it was even more of a spectacle to hear members of the audience cheering and exclaiming fanchants to every song. There were definitely a few Wonderfuls who had attended the conference solely to see the Wonder Girls so this was probably their doing, but who knows – maybe some new fans blossomed out of this performance too!

For exclusive photos of the Wonder Girls’ performance at the Pivot Conference, head over to our brand new photo gallery HERE.

Credit: Allkpop

The gallery is a must watch. The pictures and the girls look great.

^

I think some NYU students attended, from my conversation with one of them on twitter.

- - - - - - - - - -

PIVOTCON archived the JYP talk at their video page: http://testing.pivot...tvideopage.html

Luckily for those missed it, it's the full segment, inc. the Q&A & concluding Nobody MV.

Scroll down at the Day 2 tab to 'Brand Story: The Wonder Girls (31:58)'

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter02oct191447.gif

Source: http://testing.pivot...-from-pivotcon/

- - - - - - - - - - -

Fanpics from Twitter.

z8fl.jpg

Cr: pivotcon @ twitter

jt8i.jpg

Cr: pkim @ twitter

kmns.jpg

Cr: chiefmartec @ twitter