Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

sunye and sunmi twitter update

nnnnk.jpg

nbnz.jpg

-----------------

Wonder Girls hurt with decreasing fan cafe numbers

The Wonder Girls recently confessed their inner feelings on their overseas promotions and various other episodes experienced during their international tour.

How did you like your two weeks of promotion time in Korea?

Sohee: It’s been such a while since I’ve been back in broadcast halls and everything was so unfamiliar so I just stayed in the car. However, once I finally got up on stage, I realized I missed our fans.

YeEun: I was actually a bit hurt because our fan cafe numbers decreased along with the number of posts made after we started promoting in America. Going back to Korea, though, I was able to feel that we were still loved and supported so I was very moved. I’m thankful to the fans that have been there for us throughout time.

What does a first world tour mean to the Wonder Girls?

Sohee: It feels like going back to our rookie mindsets. We’ve done big performances in Korea but everything’s smaller in America performance wise so we feel like rookies. It’s an opportunity to go back to what’s really important.

What did you worry about the most as you prepared for your world tour performances?

YeEun: I was worried about mistakes. I mostly thought about studying English since we must comment on things in English. My main concern was having my expressions flow.

Hyelim: I have to keep up with the choreography so I feel very sorry to the members every time I make a mistake or forget something. I’m mostly worried about dancing the wrong move by myself.

Sohee: I think what’s most important is our synchronization with the other staff members. Our English isn’t perfect yet so I get worried when we have to work with foreign staffs.

What’s the most important preparation for a world tour?

Yubin: Stamina is everything. I heard that even men have a hard time with tours. I try to take care of my body by eating healthy meals such as herb chicken and whatnot (laughter).

Sohee: Our stamina is actually better than 2AM and 2PM inside the JYPE company so I’m not too worried about it. I just hope nobody gets hurt.

What was the hardest part during your world tour?

YeEun: We had an American performance right after one in Singapore. When Park Jinyoung was telling us the schedule, he started off by saying, “I’m asking your opinion because you guys are girls.” Sunye got her pride hurt so she stepped forward and agreed by stating, “It’s all right, we can do it.” I should’ve stopped her and said that this was too much but eventually we agreed to the performance. Taking care of our bodies is the hardest.

Is there something you stressed importance on while preparing for your world tour?

Sohee: The smaller the size of the performance, the more we try to converse with the audience. We try to make eye contact and have them dance and scream along with us.

Yubin: Our first performance was in a big gymnasium. It was the type of performance that allowed us to show unique sides of us. This time, we had a very small performance close to the audience so it was nice being abe to converse with them becaues they react quickly. Performing in a famous historical theatre was also a memorable experience for us.

Is it hard changing outfits?

Yubin: Men can take it off on stage but how can we do the same? Often times, we lack staff members, the location is usually narrow, and the time we’re given is short. However, we’re the Wonder Girls. We change when we spin, like Sailor Moon…

What was the most memorable to you on your world tour?

Sohee: During our 2DT performance in Atlanta, my outfit disconnected. It has two strings and one broke off. I tried to connect it but the other one broke off as well. I wasn’t able to dance properly and I became highly upset. I wanted to do well so bad but I was too nervous so I made a lot of mistakes.

Sunye: One time, our pllane to New York became canceled. I kept thinking no way, it was probably misreported but it was for real. We had to go to a performance with a lot of VIP guests and the only thought running through my head was wanting to jump on stage with whatever we’re wearing now and performing. I guess I just have that instinct. Reflecting back now, our experience in Korea helped us a lot.

YeEun: I stepped on my mic and fell over during a performance. Normally I’d get up right away but I was dazed out while on the floor. I was wondering what I was doing, where I was. After that, we no longer used Nobody mics (laughter). Because I stepped on it and fell over…

Yubin: YeEun must’ve been shocked. She just laid there, dazed. Sunye and I helped her up and laughed over it when we monitored the performance. We kept rewinding because it was so funny. Rewind… Rewind…

Do you think you’ve reached a certain position in America?

Sohee: I saw Lady Gaga being interviewed on CNN. Is that the status we have to reach? What’s considered a success? Everything seems so far away. Do we have to work hundreds, thousands of times harder than we are now to succeed?

Anything you’d like to say to Sunmi?

YeEun: I’m thankful for Sunmi for monitoring our performances. Unni is smiling but I really am not. I miss you.

Sohee: She monitors for us more so than anyone else so I’m always waiting for her monitor.

Yubin: I met her in Korea. I congratulated her on passing her GED. I got a GED as well so I was able to give her some advice. She’s such a smart friend… I sincerely hope that she achieves what she wants, I’ll always be supporting her. Fighting! And buy our CD, okay? (laughter)

Hyelim: During my trainee days, I was the closest with Sunmi. We’re the same age so we were very close. I miss her.

What does a concert mean to the Wonder Girls?

Sohee: The stage we love the most. I like broadcast shows as well but the fans that come to our concerts already know our songs and love them so it’s really exciting.

YeEun: The only happiness of my life lately. I think it’s fun because I can’t do it. Park Jinyoung always used to say that he’d be happy if he could die on stage and I’m totally feeling what he means now. Even if the audience is small…

Yubin: My vitamin. It’s not something I eat every day but eating vitamins give you strength. It’s the best nourishment tonic for me.

Hyelim: A give and take time with the audience. A time I can show myself the most.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love that interview so much...

sad for them about number of fans from their fancafe decreased TT

the girls are so comfortable with 2AM ... i love them ...hahah

sunye looks so beautiful with that white dress

Google Search produced some pretty random WG-related updates. To share:

New boyband Dalmation debuted on Mnet Countdown yesterday. (Youtube clip)

One of their members, Dayday (David Kim) is the JYP rap trainer & also rapped in Wonder Girls' 'So What'.

Wonder girls ft David Kim: So What (Mwuh uhttae).

- - - - - - - - -

This is more for Singaporeans & Malaysians:

Singapore songbird Tay Kewei performed a snippet of Wonder Girls 'Nobody' on the erhu (1:35~1:50) for her RazorTV interview.

http://www.razor.tv/...ment/53394.html

- - - - - - - - -

Wow, WG Mnet 'Nobody' clip on Youtube will hit 36 million views soon!

- - - - - - - - -

WG 'Nobody' remake CFs for Sing Tao Expo.

Here are swf clips in Cantonese  & Mandarin.

What's so weird?

The expo is in San Mateo (California)!

Source: http://www.singtaousa.com/

Guest valentino_rossi46

Sun Mi twitter

# 왜케 보채쌌노!! 내 요즘 사진을 안찍는다..ㅠ다 옛날꺼밖에 엄꼬..ㅠ아련아련..돼지됐다 내.. 43 minutes ago via web

Translations: Why are you nagging!! I haven’t been taking pictures lately..ㅠ I only have pictures from a long time ago..I know I know .. I’ve become a pig..

# @missA_min 곧보겠지??하 다들 봐야되는데ㅠㅠ되게 오래 못봤다 그치?? about 1 hour ago via web in reply to missA_min

Translations: We’ll see each other soon right?? I need to see every one ㅠㅠ We haven’t seen each other for a long time right?

# Maroon5 - sunday morning(questlove remix) ! I think this version is much better than original ver. 내가세상에서제일좋아하는노래ㅋ about 1 hour ago via web

Translations: Maroon5 – sunday morning(questlove remix) ! I think this version is much better than original ver. My most favorite song in this whole world Ke

# Plan B- writing's on the wall 요즘 제가 좋아하는 노래에요!! I'm really into this song. about 1 hour ago via web

Translations: Plan B- writing’s on the wall I like this song thesedays!! I’m really into this song.

# Oh! It's interesting...I'll find more information about psychology!! about 5 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# How can people know everything about her or him easily??Is it possible without any communication??Hahaha I'm just curious! Mind reader??lol about 5 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Translation by Sunmijjang.wordpress

Sun Mi become a pig now ? lol, glad that she is gaining weight

Guest evilgary

i wouldn't be surprise that they would be hurt about it

its just that they have been focussing much on korea thus resulting in lesser fan numbers

Guest valentino_rossi46

Sun Mi new profile photo :)

Her hair is longer ^^ and she dyed to yellow brown :), so so beautiful ... hrm but i want a bigger photo Sun Mi yah

Photo.JPG

Sun Mi twitter

@JANEyjK 사실 선데이모닝보다 새러데이나잇이 더좋다는..새럴데이 씨애럴 ㅋㅋ낫 씨애를ㅋㅋㅋ제인의 발음교실

Translations: Honestly Saturday night is better than Sunday morning..Saturday seatle Kk….Night seatle Kkk… Jane’s pronunciatiion class (*She purposely spelt seattle that way)

@missA_suzy 마우스 트윗에 갖다대면 살포시 reply 뜬다요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Translations: If you put your mouse over the tweet the reply button will show up on your mouse Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

@JANEyjK 일어나셈 우혜림!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!쿠침개셰프

Translations: Woo Hyelim wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chef drool (*chef that makes you drool)

@faryoung 맞아요맞아요^^*빨리 샤브샤브먹으러가야지!

Translations: Yesyes^^* we have to go eat shabu shabu soon!

[Translations: 이영인, Sunmi Jjang]

Sun Mi wants to eat Shabu Shabu :P , glad that Sun Mi and Lim are close :)

Guest ll_borderline

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1116525784/Photo.JPG

sunmi ah!!!! gosh so pretty! makes me go gaga~

sunmi and suzy are so freaken cute on twitter!

suzy tweeted she dont know how to reply and sunmi

teaches her how! gosh! and suzy's first twitter reply

is sunmi... how adorable!!! 4D sisters! i love them!

my twitter wall is getting spam by JYPE family tweeting eachother!

sunmi, miss A suzy and min, jane and hwayoung! me like! :lol:

mnet made in wonder girls epi 6 got so much YeBin!

all the touching, hugging, air kissing... my goodness *faints*

yeeun sneezing got me rofl its so funny!

Guest Mia_Mia

mimi looking gorgeous :wub: ... our doe eyed beauty :)

Sunye is following Rain,Ivy,G-soul rest of miss a on twitter!!!....and Heidi tweeted Sunye telling her to have fun at fashion week.. does that mean WG will be at NY fashion week..

Guest valentino_rossi46

Sun Ye has just followed a lot of celebrities : SJ Ryeo wook, Lee Teuk, Eun Hyuk, Ye Sung, Shin Dong, Secret Zinger, Noh Hong Chul, Younha, 8eight Joo Hee, Hit man Bang Shi Hyuk ( Big Hit Ent CEO, Big Hit Ent manage 8eight, 2AM, J-Lim), Seo Min Jae ( 2PM manager), Papa Jonas and even Barack Obama :P

She know a lot of SJ members right :)

2 unseen sponsor photos of Sun Mi :P

0419_01.jpg

0911-3.jpg

credit Sunmijjang

These photos may be were taken at November last year :)

Found some fancams of WG at Seoul Incheon Airport.

I think they are taken during their departure for Seattle.

Here is the YT channel (there are only 3 clips of between 4~7 seconds long)

http://www.youtube.c...syentertainment

Screengrabs:

Sohee arriving.

screenhunter04sep040136.gif

screenhunter05sep040137.gif

screenhunter06sep040138.gif

Yeeun & Sohee. The girl in front might be either LIM or Sunye (I don't understand the Hangul).

screenhunter07sep040138.gif

screenhunter08sep040139.gif

screenhunter09sep040140.gif

Yoobin arriving. (She brought along a guitar!)

screenhunter10sep040140.gif

screenhunter12sep040141.gif

screenhunter11sep040140.gif

Cr: msyentertainment

Is Yoobin's luggage consider heavy or light?

Trying to guess where WG will base themselves in America now, since they have a October event lined up in NYC.

The Big Apple is very conducive if JYPE USA tries to book them on fashion shows, GOOM radio & such.

Anyway, I then checked out the uploader's (a Korean Light) website (which looks like it was just created a few hours ago).

Haven't seen the following photos before.

Judging from the WG attire, these were taken during WonderPM's return from Taiwan.

They looked quite tired -- I thought they had a day off before flying back?

On a lighter note, Sohee's real height has become such a hot talking point since (as a result of her wearing sneakers instead here).

screenhunter01sep040115.gif

87864529.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Fanpics of Sunye at church.

ec82aceca784100901014.jpg

100901083739.jpg

100901090256.jpg

Cr: Wondercuty

- - - - - - - - -

Finally found a digital copy of the Californian newspaper clip from earlier.

It is by the Los Angeles edition of the Korea Times: http://www.koreatime.../article/614162

Just as I suspected, WG appears to have committed to some event on Oct 2.

Turned out the article was about the upcoming 37th Annual Los Angeles Korean Festival (Sept 30 Thursday to Oct 3 Sunday)

On Oct 2 Saturday, there's a parade in the afternoon & -- if Google Translate is correct -- WG will perform at the concert finale during the evening.

- - - - - - - -

UPDATE: Confirmation from organizer's Facebook.

With this & other events lined up, it looks like WG will indeed be based in America until year's end (China activities).

21lv4ae.png

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Relevant Facebook wall messages.

The celebrity lineup is not fully announced yet; they are asking for X number of likes before revealing each participant.

So far: WG, Kim Yu-na (opening ceremony), & it looks like IU will be next.

68875313.png

Source: http://www.facebook.com/LAKFF

- - - - - - - - - - -

36925123539427689517122.jpg

Official event website (nothing announced yet): http://www.lakoreanf...glish/index.asp

Guest valentino_rossi46

I saw on twitter someone tweet the girls will back Seattle next week ... they back for which event ?

New York fashion week will start next week, from 9-16/9

Maybe they will participate Tory Burch again ? ( she has good relationship wt JYPE) , and hope they will participate in more designer's shows... Aigoo this make me miss Mimi a lot, in every show in fashion week last year and this Spring, she was the most stunning ...

Nearly 2 months after super tight schedule with flying and flying, after long time resting and flying to some countries in Asia that took only 3-5 hours, the girls now feel jetlag after nearly 20 hours flying lol ( except Yenny)

WGyenny

i'm feeling so good this morning! :) luv u Seattle <3333 about 2 hours ago via web

WGsun

jet lag....... ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 27 minutes ago via web

WG_Lim

mm..something feels weird...i think im > =.= .............Jet Lag?? uh huh, i think so...0.o about 1 hour ago via web

WGsohee

I only slept 3hours.....JET LAG...-;;;;~!@#$%^&*()_+EFSGDXHFKLKSSC,A!!!!! about 2 hours ago via web

Sleepless in Seattle ....... kkkkkk 시애틀의 잠 못 이루는 밤 ..... kkkkk 찍어야겠어-; about 2 hours ago via web

Jet lag brought So Hee back to twitter lol

Archived