Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday min leader!!!!!!

Btw, I have a quick question. Is justice still selling there album?? I've checked online and nothing came up. I'm thinking of getting a copy of 2 different tears because I'm just so addicted now!!! Thanks in advance!

I was just at Justice today, I got a Wonder Girls shirt and journal. They have the Wonder Girls Justice album. Which has the Justice version of 2 Different Tears. So yeah. Yes they do still have the album. So yeah...

Omg! Happy Birthday Leader Min!! :) I hope you had an amazing day! :)

And I'm loving all the pics from the TV show. :) Thanks for posting. Can't wait till I can watch it! :)Wonder Girls Fighting! ~Linda~

Guest eidolon

Happy 21st Birthday Leader Min! =D I hope you have a good one!

Sunye37.png

Sunye29.jpg

Sunye25.jpg

Sunye12.jpg

Sunye7.jpg

One of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, inside and out. We Wonderfuls are so lucky. =D

Screengrabs of WG performance at Ordos City's International Nadam Fair (the official name/spelling).

There are 3 similar Tudou uploads (hence the poor image quality) of, I think, the same footage (3:36 long).

The show was televised on local TV, but these clips are attributed to 'Tudou Sports'.

Looks like WG performed only one song: Nobody Chinese version.

If so, what a long way to travel for such a brief appearance -- & earn RMB300K/US$44K:blink:

Check out the enormous stage too: the girls are the tiny black dots in the pics below, in front of the extended-out catwalk platform.

The animated LCD backscreen easily outclasses MTV World Stage's:wacko:

Yet strangely, I don't see any oversized projection TV screens onstage.

How on earth can the majority audience see the performers without assisted close-ups?

Note the front audience too: They appear to be part of the item, waving torches(?) in unison during certain WG segments (esp. Yoobin's rap).

screenhunter04aug121443.gif

screenhunter05aug121444.gif

screenhunter06aug121444.gif

screenhunter09aug121448.gif

screenhunter10aug121449.gif

screenhunter11aug121450.gif

Sources:

http://www.tudou.com...ew/f4CK5ItIltE/

http://www.tudou.com...ew/Po4lLIJPFvw/

http://www.tudou.com...ew/11Uyq0Aa3Y8/

Guest big_face

Brazilian Beauty Queens Dance to Wonder Girls’ Nobody

20100811091820576.jpg

If you think that Wonder Girls are just popular in Asia and North America, well, think again, because the Hallyu wave has reached even South America as well.

There has been a video garnering interest lately of a Brazilian pageant, Miss Distrito Federal 2010, with all the beauty queen wannabes dancing to Wonder Girls’ claim to fame song, Nobody, during the trajo de banho or bathing suit competition.

What is surprising is that all the contestants are accurately performing the key hand gestures of the song! Plus, the version to which they performed is not even the English version but the Korean version of the song. To understand what this means, please watch the short clip below

YI, Miss Distrito Federal is a pageant to which the Federal District will select its representative for Miss Brazil. It is like a regional qualifying pageant for the national pageant.

Truly, this only proves that the K-Pop craze is all over the world. Props to Wonder Girls for being one of the most successful Hallyu global ambassadors!

Source: Ham Tae Soo @ mydaily.co.kr

Translation: ch0sshi @ kpoplive.com

Video Credit: ricardocosta39 @ YouTube

Written by: theshangkee @ kpoplive.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSldtS26JI&feature=player_embedded

[News] Mnet Media holds hands with JYPE to advance into Asia's music market

Posted by chrizzycrazy on 11:18 AM

Mnet Media entered into a partnership with JYPE on the 12th and expressed that they will be entering the Asian music market together.

Mnet will be using their background in networking influence with China, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and all over Asia while JYPE will be combining Park Jinyoung, Wonder Girls, 2PM, and 2AM into the best artist content together with Mnet Media to maximize on their synergy.

Mnet associates stated, "With this alliance, we'll be propelling JYPE artists such as Wonder Girls and 2PM into performances all over Asia along with added businesses. It will be an opportunity to raise the status of the Hallyu wave since the 'needs' of performances and concerts by Korean artists are heightening. We will be subsidizing on this trend in Asia."

Mnet has already successfully created some of the largest festivals in the nation and has maintained its #1 rank as the company with the largest share in the music performance market.

Mnet representative Park Kwangwon stated, "We'll be using this alliance to create different and advanced entertainment business models to help Korea's entertainment industry become a leading enterprise. We will be taking this opportunity to expand the Asian wave in China, Thailand, and others in the Asian market."

CREDITS : SEOUL ECONOMY, ASIA ECONOMY (SOURCE); hazyfiasco@2ONEDAY.COM (TRANS)

Source: http://www.dkpopnews...-with-jype.html

- - - - - - - - - -

SE Asia Pacific Facebook wants 200 likes before they release next Wonder Girls ringtone:

http://www.facebook.com/SonyEricssonAPAC

Guest tiffanydawn

No.40?? Is the ranking even reliable? I would think Koreans would be proud of them making a name for themselves and k-pop in other parts of the world and would at least vote for them since they even made a comeback this year(though it was short period). Sorry for my rant :(

Sad to say, that's not the case. :( I've been interviewing my Korean friend who's in Korea right now and I'm always asking her about WG's status in their country and she said that they're not really that popular anymore. And according to her, their comeback last May wasn't that hyped. :( Sad but true :( But anyway, let's be happy because our girls are not just "idols" anymore. They're already real artists B)

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our CHARISMATIC LEADER <3

SunYe.gif

Stay strong, unnie ;) I'll forever be a Wonderful <3

Guest YW1801

Sad to say, that's not the case. :( I've been interviewing my Korean friend who's in Korea right now and I'm always asking her about WG's status in their country and she said that they're not really that popular anymore. And according to her, their comeback last May wasn't that hyped. :( Sad but true :( But anyway, let's be happy because our girls are not just "idols" anymore. They're already real artists B)

I always believe it's because they don't try to be "cute" or "sexy" like other girl groups, eg. SNSD etc.

That's why they appeal to a different audience.

At least that's what I believe and tell my friends when they say "WG sucks". lol

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

2dt was not a real comeback

when jyp Decides to make a real comeback then they have to back with mini album like nobody ..

in 2008 wondergirls were the only group that everyone talked about and ( OTHER ) were not but look what happen now ... i'm sure our girls will back to the top again

sunye and ye eun said they will relese new album soon so let's wait

UEE TALKED ABOUT YUBIN

(@ 9:12)

Guest goldenGAZE

Well since the girls are not in Korea, it's obvious they won't be as popular as before. I'm not too worried about this whole popularity issue because i trust in JYP and the girls. I really think Wonder Girl's stay in America has helped them develop soo much as a group both musically (it's good for them to see other types of music, the American music scene is soo varied) and as a friends (their bond right now just seems soo much stronger, remember Sohee's interview with Dazed and Confused KR, you can tell that she has opened up soo much to all of her fellow bandmates). Even if they don't succeed in America, i think the freedom they have had in the US will change them as a group and give them new dynamics. Most importantly too, their vocals have improved soo damn much plus they are now fantastic performers (interacting with the crowd, know how to work the stage and move about rather than stay rooted in one spot). I can't wait for their Korean comeback (may be in a couple of years, who knows) because if the girls use all these skills, they will truly be explosive.

Also can people please not mention other groups in here in a snarky tone. Remember, we are mannerfuls~ :sweatingbullets:

Happy Birthday Leader Min~The hardest working and most respectful leader ever.

WONDERsunmicye121tp8.png

Archived