Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the overflow of hi-quality pictures and cams everybody!!

--

I am sifting through youtube and found some HD uploads.

MaverickBunny02 has 9 HD videos from VIP point of view in SF Fillmore.

The camera is really close to the stage... audio is as good as it can get from that place, picture is <3

Turn HD and full screen on

Warning! Extreme fan-service action follows :w00t::wub:

Guest qoxie

WG & 2AM at San Diego airport

15covfn.jpg

Source: HypnoticAsia @ twitter

Cr: nyssnisa @ kimyoobin picture thread

- - - - - - - -

"Sun, Changmin and Yubin taking photos of Kwon and Seulong. WE LOVE THIS WEATHER! SAN DIEGO!"

2rd7vh4.jpg

Source: followWG @ twitter

- - - - - - -

SeattlePI's The Eastsider on Fashion

Wonder Girls in Seattle and how to dress like them!

http://blog.seattlep...ives/213349.asp

Plus VueSociety's concert pics (WG + 2AM, total 67):

http://www.facebook....39185124&ref=mf

- - - - - - -

[news] Wonder Girls Hye Rim says Miss A are the best!

Posted by blueprincess824 on 8:51 AM

Wonder Girls Hyerim cheers for new girl group Miss A on their debut.

HyeRim updated her twitter and said, "Give it up for Miss A! THEY ARE THE BEST".

Wonder Girls Hyerim joined Wonder Girls last march, before Joining wonder girls, she was supposed to be one of the member's of Miss A, where Miss A was set for debut in China, they were even called the Chinese version of Wonder Girls. Hye Rim has sent her message supporting Miss A on their debut in the kpop industry.

Also, Miss A has expressed their admiration for Wonder Girls, they are from the sister label of JYP Entertainment, AQ Entertainment, and they have trained together before and they said that they want to perform with the Wonder Girls in the future, and they will work hard to be able to be on the the same stage as them.

Meanwhile, Miss A released their debut album on the first of July.

Source: Starnews

Credits: Blueprincess824 @ Dailykpopnews

Link: http://www.dkpopnews...s-miss-are.html

- - - - - - - - -

Rush for tickets as concert date looms

By CHOONG MEK ZHIN

mekzhin@thestar.com.my

WITH the MTV World Stage concert to be held at Sunway Lagoon’s Surf Beach less than a month away, the rush to get the free passes to what is set to be one of the biggest bashes of 2010 is fast reaching a critical point.

Two types of passes are available from worldstage.mtvasia.com until July 17.

To win the passes, one has to spot either of the two icons called “Junior” or “Bee” that will appear randomly on either the top or bottom part of any of the site’s different pages and only at certain times as indicated by the countdown clock at the website.

For the band: Tokio Hotel fans (from left) Alyssa Tan, 19; Hong Jia Yu, 15; Carrie Choo, 18; Kim Sim, 14; Situ Dennis, 13; Joanne; and Shamani hope to hand over the memorabilia they have created to the band when they arrive.

Finding Junior entitles one to a pair of passes to MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2010, while Bee offers two passes to the event via the express queue.

Shamani Krishnan, 16, who along with a bunch of other teens aged between 13 and 19, became friends after meeting during the jostling, neck-craning, crying and screaming they went through during the group Tokio Hotel’s maiden appearance in Malaysia in May.

“For the coming performance I only slept for about two hours in three days and even skipped a day of school,” said Shamani about getting the tickets.

“When we were trying to get the tickets, we had a system of waking each other up at whatever hour when it was time to try for the tickets at the website,” the secondary school student said.

The counter on the website showed only two passes had been given away when Shamini first tried her luck and it was already showing 256 when she decided to stop.

Also an attraction: K-pop stars The Wonder Girls have a strong following in Malaysia and many fans were trying to get tickets to catch them on the MTV World Stage.

Joanne Raj, 16, said it was impossible to get the tickets at the website so they hope their luck would be better at the roadshow.

Most of them have already prepared memorabilia, including a decorated toilet seat, they hope to give the band members if they meet again and will pay any price for tickets.

“Price is not the issue. Whatever it takes, including begging, I will do it if only I can get those tickets,” Shamani said.

Die-hard party-goer Mohd Dzazul Ehsan, 27, said he had already spotted some people selling their hard-won tickets online.

“In the worst case scenario, I will be buying the tickets from them. I’m willing to pay RM500 for a ticket provided it is for a good spot,” the IT consultant said.

Mohd Dzazul has been trying for the tickets at the website up to five times a day for the past two weeks.

“I’ll consider begging if I still haven’t got the tickets about a week before the event,” he said, adding that the performer he looks forward to the most is Katy Perry.

Headliners: Tokio Hotel are the main attractions at next month’s MTV World Stage.

He and businessman Chan Peng-Li, 34, will not consider watching the event on television via the MTV channel where MTV World Stage is aired every Friday night throughout the world.

The programme premieres every Friday at midnight in Malaysia on MTV Asia while performance videos are available online after the premiere.

“It is just not the same as being at the event. My personal motto since December last year is to live life to the maximum and I’ll only live it if I’m there,” Chan said.

He has been trying without success for the free tickets given out through the event’s official website for about a month.

Korean Pop or K-Pop fan Samantha Lee and her boyfriend have been staring at the computer screen trying to get tickets from the website over the past few weeks.

“I can’t seem to find Junior or Bee. It’s so hard to win the tickets from the website,” the 19-year-old student who looked forward to the Wonder Girls said, adding that she, too, gave up and hoped to get her tickets from the roadshow.

A favourite: Katy Perry is also scheduled to appear.

If she gets the tickets, it will be the second year in a row she is going to a MTV World Stage concert which was held at the same location last year, in a drained Surf Pool also known as the mosh pit.

With only about slightly more than two weeks left to win the passes from the website, the Twitter tag #mtvworldstage is accompanied by more messages expressing frustration, joy, hope and futility.

A few messages also offer tips on how to win those coveted passes from the website.

One such FAQ provider is Nicholas Gan, 16, a local student, who won his passes barely two weeks ago after already failing 30 times.

“For three straight days, I tried for the tickets until a bad headache due to lack of sleep forced me to give up. In hindsight, I realised that was silly hunting which is something I’m now trying to help people not to do via my FAQ,” Gan said.

He tweets every now and then with a link for others to visit his FAQ page on his blog and advises others to never give up.

“A lot of contestants are confused about the whole process of winning the tickets.

“Whenever they ask questions or respond to my FAQ which is made based on my own experience, I try my best to guide them along,” Gan said.

The anticipated crowd at this year’s MTV World Stage is more than 15,000 strong, the same as last year’s event.

For more information, visit worldstage.mtvasia.com or www.mtvasia.com/worldstage/

- - - - - -

THIS year’s MTV World Stage line up consists of four acts, each with their own following of fans who are looking forward to an explosive concert and a rocking good time.

Wonder Girls Sun, Yenny, Yubin, Lim and Sohee, who make up Korea’s fast-rising girl band Wonder Girls, will get you hooked on them one way or another. If it isn’t their good looks, it will be their cute dance moves and if all else fails, there is that infectious song Nobody that will make anyone who listens to it have it on repeat in their heads and on their lips. The song was their ticket to instant fame and they are currently on their own US tour concert called Wonder Girls World Tour after a successful tour with the Jonas Brothers last year. They have their share of local fans as well and they’ll certainly gain much more after their debut performance here in Malaysia.

[Omitted other band profiles.]

Sources: http://thestar.com.m...807&sec=central

http://thestar.com.m...270&sec=central

- - - - - - -

Jobros just announced a World Tour, but it appears they're still finalizing things.

17 of the 46 USA dates listed at LiveNation have been canceled, including all October gigs.

The August-September leg is labeled "with Demi Lovato & friends from Camp Rock", but we'll see if WG is co-opted in.

It's Sunmi day where I am too, so, Sunmi I miss you! I hope you do well in your studies! And I hope you come back to the music industry, whether it be with Wonder Girls or solo! :) Happy Sunmi Day for the people in the western hemisphere! :) ~Linda~

I topped a page! So here's some Sunmi spam!

n5-1.jpg

wgpro-sunmi01.jpg

SunMi.jpg

20081023_sunmi.jpg

sunmilightstick.jpg

sm21.gif

thsunmisopretty.gif

SoHotSunMi7.gif

~Linda~

Guest evilgary

thanks alot for sharing the pictures

i guess both jokwon and sunye goes back to a long time where they becamse close due to them sticking together for a night

Guest WGkeon

thanks alot for sharing the pictures

i guess both jokwon and sunye goes back to a long time where they becamse close due to them sticking together for a night

they were already close before that, thats why kwon thought of sunye when he was in trouble.

wow thanks for many new pics and videos

i love all pics from WGworld eieiei~

yoomin 're so pretty from CF pics...

Guest papercranes1825

my fancams(its mostly kwon and sunye biased):

i wanna + goodbye + dont cha + so hot

nobody + this time + lim/ye eun/yoobin solo

sohee - single ladies + sunye - paparazzi

Guest nara_sshi

:wub::lol: Wow! They look so radiant in the Seoul Korea's Photos - Wonder Girls TV CF. I'm starting to fall for this YooMin coupling. They both so hard to resist. :P

I kind of new here. What is it actually 'Sunmi Day'?

Guest valentino_rossi46

Now they show more JYP family love :)

Aigoo i cant stop laughing when i saw the photo Sun ye, Yoo Bin and ChangMin, 3 persons to took photo for Kwon and Seul Ong only :P,

Sun Ye in Vancouver, so happy to see her like that :)

VC_SUN.jpg

i think she is right to go to Vancouver, she in the stage with thousands of cheering and get a lot of love from fans, It's a right decision!

Guest qoxie

I kind of new here. What is it actually 'Sunmi Day'?

It's a day set aside monthly to remember her; she had served notice on Feb 2.

The following pretty much explained it all:

http://wonderfulswor...irls-fan-union/

The Korean WFs did execute the bus ads impressively; look up the fanpics.

Other than that, the participating WG fansites mostly re-decorate for the occasion (some of the UCC stuff were subsequently passed around) or introduce guest books or equivalent (eg. chatboxes).

The forum-based communities are more informal (posting Sunmi pictures) but I have also seen extensive message spamming (i.e. hundreds) at Baidu & either Wonderholic or Wondercuty (can't recall offhand).

There are also other Sunmi Hiatus activities. WGspectacle did a balloon message project in NYC, but that was before Sunmi Day officially commenced. (Got fanpics & fancams too.)

WFW also has an ongoing book project, with the fan messages to be compiled on her return:

http://www.websiteto...book/sunmijjang

- - - - - - - - -

WG portion of a full-page Singtel Mobile ad in today's Straits Times in SG.

According to the fine print, the tie-in involves signing up Sony Ericsson phones on a AMPed plan (it's a music service) with the operator.

The prizes are 4 pairs of tickets (4 winners), to be drawn on Jul 20. Promotion ends Jul 18.

eki51z.gif

Archived