Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

^^

Cut & pasting the Seattle Times article.

Wonder Girls greeted by screaming fans in Seattle

A review of South Korean pop groups Wonder Girls and opener 2AM, who played Seattle's Moore Wednesday night.

By Marian Liu

Seattle Times staff reporter

For one night, fans were transported home.

The Wonder Girls, South Korea's answer to Destiny's Child, played Seattle's Moore Theatre Wednesday night, singing not only their hits, but American pop singles as well. And their fans — mostly students fully decked out in bright fluorescent colors, holding signs proclaiming their undying love — stood for most of the concert, screaming in Korean.

The girls have become a phenomenon all over Asia, sweeping the continent with the pop hit "Nobody." The song's video featured a dance, catchier than the "Macarena" and with the same effect. Search YouTube and find scores of girls from all over the world copying the dance.

News of the show had long been papered all over the Chinatown International District — with the five girls' faces in restaurants and tapioca shops. The last time they had performed in the Seattle area, they opened for the Jonas Brothers, but now they were the headliners.

This time, the girls could indulge the fans in their hits — "Nobody" and "Tell Me," along with covers like the Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha," Lil Mama's "Lip Gloss," Destiny Child's "Survivor" and Black Eyed Peas' "Boom Boom Pow." Each of the singers covered a piece, taking the spotlight solo.

As headliners, they also had the time to change into multiple outfits — each one sexier than the one before, with leather, studs and glitter.

The show almost didn't happen. The leader of the group, Sun, recently lost her father. Dates in Hawaii were canceled, but she still managed to perform in Vancouver and Seattle. The show now goes onto California and the Midwest.

"The music is easy to follow for everyone, from young to old," said Yenny, backstage before the show. "People can unite through our music."

Source: Posted earlier.

- - - - - - - - -

Wonder Girls' Ye Eun wears Johnny Hates Jazz

Friday, July 2, 2010

t65fo7.jpg

While the Wonder Girls were back in South Korea for the promotions of their latest single, 2 Different Tears, the girls joined Super Junior in an episode of variety show, Come To Play which aired on May 31, 2010.

Ye Eun/Yenny (예은) wore a dress from Johnny Hates Jazz designed by Choi Ji Hyung (최지형). The pastel purple dress is from Johnny Hates Jazz's Spring/Summer 2010 collection.

I love the color on Ye Eun, making her stand out from the rest. I also love that they are supporting the Korean designers instead of wearing foreign designers. What do you think?

Posted by Eiffel In Seoul (WYELIN) at 7/02/2010 07:07:00 AM

Source: http://eiffelinseoul...hnny-hates.html

- - - - - - - - - -

Concert pics from Seattle.

Sunye is either hamming it up or she's feeling better.

343kk5w.jpg

33u60xs.jpg

1zv49cl.jpg

2yjo680.jpg

mv524n.jpg

2kr2pe.jpg

r85dec.jpg

jpgb2x.jpg

qyy7b8.jpg

16j3uiw.jpg

2rh0i2s.jpg

5tyvt0.jpg

dfg007.jpg

Source: http://ellocheerio.w...s-2am/#more-535

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest evilgary

thanks lot for the pictures

so lim was referred as little apple when she was in china? that was really cute

Guest Mia_Mia

We are watching Miss A's performance!! Jo Kwon came over! MISS A!! THEY ARE HOT!

123712849-11e86648534959c5779b36c0206f76ac.4c2d5d38-scaled.jpg

credit followWG

love how much love WG is showing their sister group ^^

Guest ussobayo

Awww the pictures looks so good. Thank you for sharing. All the girls look good. Overall, it looks like a successful and fun concert.

@ slrigrednow that third picture of Yenny is so good. Thanks for sharing. BTW, is it me or does she look thinner not that she was the least bit fat before, but she looks like she lost weight? Must be all the practicing and dancing.Nice to see Sunye smile.

Guest xD_YiYi

followWG Sohee and Yubin. LOL.

Oo.jpg

YooBin look likes she's relaxing..though both sohee n her still have their make-up on..lols..She's smiling so sweetly =P

Her leopard prints reminds me of the "SO HOT" days..still smoking hot from then till now xD

Guest valentino_rossi46

WOW this is from CF that they took at Korea Everland in May

Everybody look so beautiful, except a little bit disappointed with Ye Eun's hair

I dont know why when the girls in Korea, in CF, performance, variety shows, Ye Eun often is the girl that must wear not so nice outfit and bad hairstyle

But when the girls in America or oversea activities, Ye Eun is the best, always look so lady, pretty and chic clothes, very nice hairstyle

Did she conflict wt Korean stylist ? LOL :P

wow new CF ... i'm not see it yet

and kid is cute ...eiei~

love sohee and yoobin's pic,

yoobin looks relax but sohee seems stress..hahah

Guest r1988

miss A, “We don’t think of WonderGirls as our competitors"

New girlgroup miss A shows their affection to their agency seonbae WonderGirls.

In the recent interview, the girls talk about how they have been compared to with WonderGirls, the representative girlgroup from JYP Entertainment under which miss A’s label AQ Ent belongs to.

With that miss A said, “We don’t think of WonderGirls as subject of comparison or competition. WonderGirls is a great girlgroup. We are all like a family. WonderGirls members are very helpful and they gave us many great advices, not sparing their affection for us. We will work hard and want to be as successful in Asia as WonderGirls are in the States.”

They also added, “WonderGirls SunYe and 2AM Jo Kwon whom we have spent our training days together also gave us many advices about becoming an entertainer. We are very thankful.”

They ended with, “We don’t feel any burden because of the name ‘JYP’s girlgroup’. But we just want to show everyone our talents sooner.”

S:Newsen

Kbites

Guest WGkeon

New video straight from the video maker!!!

Im quite surprised by this video coz I always thought seoul vids are done by SM.

Guest WGkeon

WOW this is from CF that they took at Korea Everland in May

Everybody look so beautiful, except a little bit disappointed with Ye Eun's hair

I dont know why when the girls in Korea, in CF, performance, variety shows, Ye Eun often is the girl that must wear not so nice outfit and bad hairstyle

But when the girls in America or oversea activities, Ye Eun is the best, always look so lady, pretty and chic clothes, very nice hairstyle

Did she conflict wt Korean stylist ? LOL :P

This is the video. Its for seoul.

Guest qoxie

Here is the link to the original Lotte World CF photos: http://blog.sina.com...720100jt73.html

I count 21 pics with WG in total, so here are the other 15.

Also translated the blog entry (the bottom-half account is about another CF, so left untouched).

Baby's view of Seoul, Korea -- "Seoul CF" filming account (Part 2)

2010-07-01 13:06:43

Proceeding with the first day of shooting. Sigh, the Koreans are so "dedicated to work."

We were driven to Seoul's Lotte World theme park. Never knew about this place before. With a kid in tow, it's always this Disneyland & that Disneyland, but I have not heard of such a big theme park in Korea. During the journey, they were introducing this as Asia's largest indoor theme park. It is split into indoor & outdoor halves~~~

It was already night when we arrived. The location filming was with famous Korean singing group WONDERGIRLS. Their dynamic 'Nobody' was performed by Zaizai before. Haha, they are a very popular group. They have several bodyguards dressed in black & wearing red neckties. Once assembled, they promptly barked orders at the crowd....

Although it is dusk, I still shot some "instantaneous" photos.

The theme park actually has a huge ice-skating rink. Lead actress Baby is filming with 3 of the group's unnis ~

Baby already learned how to ice-skate long ago. But everyone was so anxious & watching over her. Their apprehension about [potential] mishaps caused Baby to feel a bit down in the dumps.

Baby looked up at her mother & at the other big stars: "They appear to be very kind unnis!"

[Re: pic of her staring at Yoobin.]

Once the camera rolled, Baby immediately revealed the sweetest smile~~

For a single scene, it was shot many times~~

Isn't Baby's smile the sweetest?

Baby was thinking: "Let me play a game~"

[Omitted next sentence.]

This [other] scene involves Baby & "Mommy" having fun in the theme park. 2 masked persons joined them for a group photo &, after revealing themselves, they turned out to be big stars!

Surprise, delight, etc. Baby executed every expression perfectly. The Koreans nearby were asking me uncomprehensible questions: "The child's mother?" Followed by the thumbs up.

23t9w8.jpg

kbd8w6.jpg

2u97dy0.jpg

2m6v7vd.jpg

33z92ee.jpg

1ze8knl.jpg

2ntb56u.jpg

2yl00n7.jpg

2wlvifk.jpg

96gr3m.jpg

2e2ox8o.jpg

2i7ld79.jpg