Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest VenusValentine

News everyone!! "Nobody" hit 30 millions mark on youtube!! grats to the girls and now i feel really happy, wonder if it can hit 50m marks ? ^^

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lim is so pretty in that pictures , the girl is totally a Wonder Girls now!! For anyone who say she didn't fit HA!

Lol Anyway Sunye <3333333333 I heart her, blah anyone posting up their concert fancam? Seem kinda slow

let's not share private facebook pages of the members. let's remember what

happened recently in JYPE family. That one person also asked fans not to

share his private pages, but it got out and we all know how it ended. Not

that it could happen to our girls, but they do deserve their privacy.

LOVE THOSE NEW OFFICIAL PICTURES!!!! Lim looks so cute with her apples~~ lol

HAPPY SUNMI DAY! MY little angel, I miss you <3

wi6p35.jpg

cr:as tagged

Guest spicy pink

happy 5th Sunmi day!!!!!!! I really do like yubin's louis vuitton bag(is my spelling correct? LOL )

Guest spicy pink

happy 5th Sunmi day!!!!!!! I really do like yubin's louis vuitton bag(is my spelling correct? LOL )

Guest valentino_rossi46

Lim also write by left hand :)

@WG_Lim lol i'm left handed too! left handed people are awesome! : )

@3xsoul haha! high 5 to you!

^ i always think people who write with left hand is so charming ...(dont know why? haha)

and i saw one vid that lim signed autograph to one fan , i start to interested in her ^^

Guest echan01

[Fancam] Vancouver Vogue Theatre 06/29/10 - Nobody Finale - [HD] 1080p B)

took forever to get up cause it was like 1.8GBs =S

[Fancam] Vancouver Vogue Theatre 06/29/10 - Tell Me - [HD] 1080p B)

34256_10150196080715456_601590455_13299133_1465612_n.jpg

34256_10150196080750456_601590455_13299140_1892611_n.jpg

34256_10150196080740456_601590455_13299138_575165_n.jpg

34256_10150196080790456_601590455_13299148_983820_n.jpg

34256_10150196080830456_601590455_13299155_3130131_n.jpg

Guest qoxie

Happy Sunmi Day, all! Happy tidings to our Alien 4-D.

Sharing fond memories from the past (also timely, given Sunye's newest message in context):

From Wonder Girls... To WonderFuls

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

"this message was written by each member back then in 2009 after they won Daesang award in 18th Seoul High award 2009... Note : Sohee's message in the letter was too short, so I compiled some of her other message" - fujiwaratakumi (uploader)

- - - - - - - - -

Hopefully the day passes with WFs keeping the right spirit.

Unlike at Baidu, where some clown spread a rumor about Sunmi making a August/September comeback (Korea's college entrance exams are in November) & things got ugly again with the Lim antis wanting her kicked out.

Tsk tsk. Thankfully the other international communities aren't as hypocritical.

- - - - - - - - -

Not much news today, except for the Nobody Mnet video hitting 30 million views as mentioned.

There is one other item which I had tweeted earlier.

Luna Plus (a MMORPG game) has a new teaser which featured, amongst others, the WG Tell Me dance:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

- - - - - - - - -

Oh yeah, 2DT also dropped 4 spots to #7 on the industry GAON weekly charts.

Chart debuts for WG's hoobaes Miss A: #1 at Monkey3 & GomTV, #8 at Daum, #21 at Bugs, #30 at Dosirak, #50 at Soribada. No presence yet on Mnet, Naver, Ohdio, Hanteo (top 5). Melon & Cyworld are not updated.

Guest valentino_rossi46

:lol: I wanna get to know her-LIM. Why apple? She likes apple? :huh:

I dont know she likes apple or not but she likes Mango

Her nickname when she was in China was Little Apple

In some clip she introduced her is Xiao Ping Guo, i know Xiao = Little, Small how about Ping Guo meaning? Apple?

Guest qoxie

SG's RazorTV website has 3 new infotainment videos, featuring WG & a lot of Kpop artistes who had visited the island recently. They even got 2 Soompi moderators to give commentary in-studio! Alas, WFs not represented :P

Here is the video link: http://www.razor.tv/...ment/50176.html

Look for these 3 titles:

K-pop in! M-pop out? (K-pop evolution Pt 1)

Who's hot? Who's not? (K-pop evolution Pt 2)

How crazy are K-pop fans? (K-pop evolution Pt 3)

- - - - - - - -

Here is the lead-in article for the above.

K-pop is still kimchi-hot

By Cheong Poh Kwan

Straits Times

1 July, 2010

FROM the Phillipines, Thailand to our little red dot, Korean pop has taken over South-east Asia by storm.

Many K-pop acts - boybands and girl groups in particular - have built a cult following here in the past few years.

In June alone, four K-pop acts including Super Junior, Wonder Girls, U-KISS and Beast have swept into town one after another; and wherever they go, they send thousands of fans, including a sizeable crowd of non-Chinese fans, into instant frenzy.

Korean music first took off here about 10 years ago when Singaporeans were introduced to Korean weepies like Autumn in My Heart and Winter Sonata. Many thought the fad would fade within a few years, but 10 years on, K-pop remains kimchi-hot and now has a bigger-than-ever following.

How do we explain the lasting appeal of Korean pop music with a non-Korean speaking population in Singapore?

RazorTV gets former deejay Tan Li Yi and K-pop enthusiasts to reason it out.

Source: http://www.straitsti...ory_548160.html

- - - - - - - - - -

Separately, SG's Straits Times has published a separate Kpop article (which also mentions WG) in its Friday newspaper.

I am still waiting for the print edition to be delivered -- 2 more hours to go.

I also have electronic subscription but the full writeup has not been uploaded yet.

Meanwhile, here is the teaser article from Thursday:

Surviving the K-pop school

By Jocelyn Lee

Straits Times

Jul 1, 2010

SAY K-pop and what comes to mind are sleek sexy stars, complete with strong vocals, fancy grooves and good looks, who offer glitz and glamour in well-packaged soundbites.

The K-pop industry, which churns out countless pretty-faced boybands and girl groups yearly, was almost unheard of in Asia a decade ago.

Now, it is a regional powerhouse. Witness the bedlam when popular groups such as FT Island and Brown Eyed Girls visited Singapore for showcases last year. Fans camped overnight at venue entrances to get up close and personal with their pop idols.

Last year, Financial Supervisory Service (South Korea), the country's integrated financial regulator, revealed the earnings of the top three talent management companies in the country, namely SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment. SM Entertainment, which manages some of the biggest pop idol groups in South Korea, including Super Junior, SNSD and Shinee, earned more than 61.8 billion won (S$68 million) last year.

Rivals YG Entertainment, which produced popular groups such as Big Bang and 2NE1, pulled in more than $41 million, while JYP Entertainment, which pulls the strings for Wonder Girls, earned more than $11 million. Now K-pop has its sights set on the international market, with singers such as Rain and Wonder Girls attempting to break into that Holy Grail of all pop markets - the United States.

How did the Hallyu pop wave go from zero to hero in just a few years? The answer is pop cram school. Korean pop stars are literally the assembly-line products of a lean, mean pop machine operated by talent management agencies.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of Life! in The Straits Times.

Source: http://www.straitsti...ory_548195.html

Guest valentino_rossi46

This year so so so many Korean singer go to Singapore, especially in June and coming July, AS and 2AM will arrive

for 2 year in SG, I can say Nobody and Sorry Sorry is the most popular song, although it's 2 year for Nobody and more than 1 year for Sorry Sorry, it still go stronger and stronger, many people at middle age also know Nobody ( I really suprised when i said wt my Christian friends at my cell group i will come Wonder Girls showcase and they know who is WGs :P, all of them are 30 - 40)

Nobody is the most favorite song is played at shopping mall

Near my house have 1 music store, everyday i passed their and they always show Nobody MV, or Nobody performance, or Nobody by 1 Singapore singer, that she covered recently ( I dont remember her name), the owner of this shop must love WGs so much ha ha

Guest nambo07

thanks for sharing! i recognize the lady behind yoobin from welcome to wonderland lol :P

ran across this fancam of yeeun's - mercy... i think this is her best performance of this song so far..check her belt out those notes from 1:30-1:40!!

credit to yeeunwonderful2 @ youtube

happy sunmi day :]

Archived