Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheArchangel

There's 11 stops for the 2nd leg of the tour. A total of 20 stops for the tour. That's 7 cancelled perf. It was first reported that the tour will have 27 stops. Wonder why the 7 were cancelled? I don't think its because of low ticket sales. The concerts in the first leg from what I heard were all sold out.

http://www.wondergirlsworld.com/tour2010/

Wonder Girls Tour Leg 2

29 Vancouver, BC - Vogue Theatre

30 Seattle, WA - Moore Theatre

01 San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore

02 San Diego, CA - House of Blues

03 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues

06 Englewood, CO - Gothic Theatre

07 Chicago, IL - House of Blues

10 Toronto, ON - The Mod Club Theatre

12 Mississauga, ON - Living Arts Centre

16 Honolulu, HI - Pipeline Cafe

17 Honolulu, HI - Pipeline Cafe

Guest kay35

I just realized how nervous I am now. Gonna see them and AM in a few hours for meet and greet. <=D Cant wait for the show tonight! I got them a sweet grab bag as well for the whole staff. Hope they tweet it!?? lol. Have a great day everyone!

Guest qoxie

^^

Let's not delve into conspiracies.

There could a million & one factors, many already speculated elsewhere & not worth repeating here.

I will, however, point out 2 things.

Firstly, this North American tour was already postponed twice due to Sunmi's exit. So if LiveNation was also the earlier US catalyst & was gunning for, let's say, 30 gigs on a one-two punch (Nobody's impact + LP album launch), this has become impractical due to the lack of WG continuity Stateside between Feb & May. The momentum was lost, so it's good business sense to cut back on earlier projections.

Secondly, if you recall RAIN's North American tour, JYPE had sold its rights to StarM Entertainment which in turn sold specific concert rights to its own crony Revolution Entertainment. It was the latter who made the cancellations, which barred RAIN from performing & ultimately cost him & JYPE millions in lawsuits. I'm not saying WG is in a similar predicament with LiveNation, but that's the kind of complex relationship with tour agents &, noticeably, some of the first-leg gigs featured localized co-organizers too. If they choose to cancel, WG can't do much but walk away with whatever cut of the fee already promised to them.

I don't buy into the poor ticket sales theory at all. Much as 2PM fans who fantasize their idols are the real drawing power, WG can easily fill up the modest 2,000-sized venues (& more) with WFs, JYP Family fans & Kpop fans in general. That's the kind of overall fanbase WG has nowadays anyway. They are the girl group whom most Kpop fans have some fondness for.

That said, the late inclusions of JYP &, in some ways, Tiffany Giardina suggest the support acts were not fully brainstormed. Or maybe somebody pulled out at the last minute. For sure, this omitted support act could have helped solidify ticket sales. But this point should not be overstated.

I'm also curious to see whether WG's trip to Macau in mid-July is true or false.

A Hong Kong tabloid had reported that they were offered HK$500,000 to perform, but nothing has been heard since. It's possible that the money may be too good to pass up.

We know WG will definitely be in the region in late July/early August (Malaysia's MTV World Stage, Singapore's SINGfest), so perhaps they have changed their itinerary -- shortened US tour, more time in Asia -- in response to new, more lucrative opportunities.

- - - - - - - -

Wonder Girls 2DT EP (Justice version) in store catalog.

vobkw3.jpg

Cr: Zhirley @ allkpop forums

- - - - - - - - -

JYP USA is looking for 3 interns:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bus/1819113911.html

Guest qoxie

Today is WG's hoobaes Miss A's big day! (Korean debut)

Plenty of good vibes surrounding their latest 2 videos: 50,000 hits for their dance-battle teaser in less than 2 days, then the official "Bad Girl, Good Girl" MV averaging 1,000 hits per hour since debuting 7 hours ago.

- - - - - - - -

WG stuff from Wondercuty:

29dbwad.jpg

23vx5r4.jpg

2holgdx.jpg

f27iig.jpg

2v84rh1.jpg

aywmkp.jpg

Can someone post Lim and SunYe Facebook account.

I'm going to try to request being their friends.

And hope they accept my request =]

I'm so excited to see the behind the scene footage

of the new show. Seem so fun!

i know sunye's facebook cuz im friends with one of her friends.. also taecyeon's haha.

but she specifically said sunye doesnt add people she doesnt know & its respectful to keep it private because her facebook is for her friends & family.. so if you DO find it please don't share it .. i dont think she wants to be bombarded with friend requests & messages when you can do that on twitter.. but yeah just add her on twitter & send her a message cuz she reads them. she's a super sweet girl & my friend who knows her says her personality on tv is the same in real life. just a wonderful person.

Tomorrow is the 5th Sunmi day in Korea. It will be July 2nd. Sunmi day isn't till Friday for people in America, and other western countries, but just thought I'd say happy Sunmi Day to all the Wonderfuls in Korea! So yeah. Happy Sunmi Day! ~Linda~

:)

mimiwink.gif

sunmi.jpg

sunmi_rehearsal.jpg

Guest valentino_rossi46

WGs promote MissA

Yu Bin

everybody!!! check out Miss A's Music Video

Yenny

Miss A will rock the stage tonight!!! Everyone watch M count down !!! XD

Archived