Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

OMO, OMO, OMO~~!!! the girls are finally back on spotlight baby~~!!

That US tour are the best news I've heard so far from the girls~

and we finally have an exact date for their album release~~ yayyyyyy~

totally cant wait for the comeback~~! the quenn of K-pop Idol is back~~

the most beloved Nation Lilttle Sister~~!! yayyyyyy~~!!! *spazzz*

and to top all that, OneDay gonna perform as an opening act at their concert~

wohooooo, so much love for JYP Family~! *again spazzzzzzz*

I'm so happy for the girls~ just miss them so damn much~~ :)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onedaymaniac

i'm so excited with the comeback!

but i wish they will have more time to promote in korea.

n hopefully jype will not overwork them.

wondergirls,we're back!!!!

Guest may__chick

I want to see them in tour! And I'm SOOOO going to get their album :D ! Now all I have to hope for is that they'll come to minneapolis, since I highly doubt :S

Guest MidnightByul

I'm a lurker of this. But I have to say. I live in NYC, and I cannot wait! for them to come and perform here, and on top of that 2AM and 2PM? What? Just gets better.

WG COMEBACK SOON AND DOMINATE!! lol

OH MY GOD !! I'M SO EXCITED !!! BUT POOR ME .. I'M NOT IN USA ... AHHH SAD

FINALLY OWN TOUR .. WONDER WORLD TOUR !! OMG DREAM COME TRUE ~WG

AND AMPM WILL OPENING THE TOUR AHHHHHH THAT'S GREAT !!

HOPE WONDERFULS GO TO CHEER THEM ALOTS !!~

CANT WAIT FOR THE ALBUM BOTH KOREAN AND ENGLISH !!!~

Guest xoxoxox

Wonder Girls announce new album, US tour

SEOUL, April 5, 2010 (AFP) - South Korea's top female pop group the Wonder Girls will release a new English album worldwide next month before launching a US concert tour, their agent said Monday.

The album will be released on May 15 with its title song and music video produced in English, Korean and Chinese, JYP Entertainment said.

The five-member group will embark on the US tour in June, it said, adding a detailed schedule would be fixed later.

"We hope the new album will help them consolidate their position in the US market," it said in a statement.

After making their debut in early 2007, the group scored three consecutive number one hit singles in their home country with "Tell Me", "So Hot" and "Nobody".

The Wonder Girls also made their mark on the US charts during their first tour there last year. "Nobody" ranked 76th in the Billboard Hot 100 in October, which JYP said was the highest place for any Asian group.

Youngest member Sunmi, 18, left the group in February. She was replaced by Hye Lim, 18, who is fluent in English and Chinese.

cr : asiaone

Dinner and a robot show

30126359-01.jpg

The singing mechanical waiters at the new Japanese restaurant Hajime are a triumph of Thai software

There's nothing quite like a tasty Japanese dinner in Bangkok while a robot serenades you with "Nobody" by South Korea's Wonder Girls. more

cr : nationmultimedia.com

Guest llborderline

Female idol group the Wonder Girls will be releasing their U.S. debut album worldwide on May 16 (Korean time), according to their agency JYP Entertainment on Monday.

The album, to be in EP format, will contain their title track recorded in three languages including English, Korean and Chinese,

They will also unveil three music videos for their title track the same day, one for each language, making them the first artists in the world to have their songs and videos revealed simultaneously worldwide in three languages.

^ that is history in the making! right there! 1 song 3 languages 3 music videos!

will be revealed simultaneously world wide! witness the wonder~ only wonder girls!

may 16th Wonder Girls album release worldwide!

im so marking my calendar!

"THE WONDER WORLD TOUR!" will start june 4th in the US!

im pretty sure asian tour will follow after the US tour!

im so excited i dunno where to put my excitement seriously! lol

and the korean comeback!

the wonder begins... the wonder continues... the wonder lives on.... wonder girls....

Guest i.said.goodbye

Wonder Girls are making history!!!

I'm so excited... I'm jumping out of my skin...

Their tour schedule is grueling but the girls can do it because they have each other.

Guest tiffanydawn

the only sad thing is that sunmi won't be able to experience this with them. she was a part of all that hard work that got the wonder girls this far. (some bitterness on my part for the new member who just stepped in and was not a part of the work and gets to experience the success)

please remember that it was Sunmi's own choice to leave :)

anyway, i am so excited for what's in store for them this year!! i am sad that Sunmi and Jay won't be part of their US tour but i think we must all just look at the brighter side --> wonder domination :D

WONDER GIRLS FIGHTING <3

Guest iloveleadahmin

^^ Yeap, the girls are yet again making history!

The first korean artist to tour the US - sponsored by Live Nation. That's huge.

They will continue making history.. For many, many years to come!

Wonder World Tour - i like the sound of that :D

20090606_wg_19.jpg

Can't wait for some JYPEfam lovin' :D

Guest vizyu

Wonder Girls to kick off U.S. tour June 4

2010040518045592753_1.jpg

Female idol group Wonder Girls [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

Korean pop group Wonder Girls have announced the details to their first tour in the United States, stating they will perform in a total of 20 cities throughout the country starting June 4.

The girls' agency JYP Entertainment explained through a press release Monday that the five-member group will take off on their "Wonder World Tour" to be produced by Live Nation, a top live events company in the U.S. which organizes shows for some of the top artists in the world including Madonna, Jay-Z and U2.

They had also promoted The Jonas Brothers' tour last year which the Wonder Girls took part in as the opening act for the U.S. leg of their shows.

JYP said that Live Nation offered to promote the Wonder Girls U.S. concerts after watching the girls' perform, making it the first time for the firm to host a tour for a Korean artist.

Popular Korean boy bands 2AM and 2PM, also managed under JYP, will open Wonder Girls shows.

The schedule and venue for the first nine cities of the tour, kicking off in Washington D.C., have been announced. (shown below)

Wonder Girls, who debuted in 2007, is one of the most successful pop groups in Korea who have had three consecutive No. 1 singles, "Tell Me", "So Hot", and "Nobody".

In October last year, the group's U.S. debut single "Nobody" entered the Billboard Hot100 at No. 76, making them the first Korean artists to be placed on the chart in its 115-year history.

* Dates for ‘Wonder World Tour’*

June 04 : Washinton DC / Warner Theater

June 05 : Atlanta / Tabernacle

June 06 : New York / Hammerstein

June 08 : Chicago / House of Blues

June 09 : Houston / House of Blues

June 10 : Dallas / House of Blues

June 11 : Los Angeles / Palladium

June 12 : Anaheim, CA / House of Blues

June 13 : San Francisco / Nob hill Masonic

Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

Finally the wait is over! Wonder Domination plans announced!!

New song, US album, triple-language MVs, concerts galore... :lol:

The upcoming calendar should be:

May 1st: Korean Music Festival at LA Hollywood Bowl (confirmed)

May 15th: (US time) album launch event in LA w Perez Hilton

May 22nd: Dream Concert 2010 in Seoul (unconfirmed)

June 4 - 13 and over: Wonder World Tour

And on the sideline Apr 9 the JBs could be announcing their news, most probably including items related to the Wonder Girls.

---

I was a little put back reading that the album is being reduced (EP format should mean more than a single, less than an album) and I wonder if there is just one new song in English, Korean, Chinese as the press statements are saying.

It would be a serious change from the earlier plans for 6 new songs in English.

---

From June 4th the preliminary dates are back to back, the only day off is the 7h. It will be a hard working period.

--

I find symbolic that Perez Hilton is hosting the launch event -- he unvoluntarily played a role in convincing JYP to start the American adventure of the Wonder Girls and now he'll be hosting the kick start event of their first solo American tour. Very fitting.

Guest jyung01

May 15th!!!!!!! Thats soooo AWESOME! The wonder continues to bring wonder in me ^_^

And a world tour(?) around June! Thats triple awesome ;) Now they MUST MUST come to do an Europe tour!

YES! Finally everything is in place. woot hoo I am so excited for the album , it going to be amazing. I really hope this

time JYPE will promoted more then 1 songs tho.

"June 04 : Washinton DC / Warner Theater"

^I have to go to this, I miss them when they came to D.C so I can't miss this time too. :)

Guest qoxie

Wonder Girls announces May 16 album release

기사입력2010.04.05 15:19최종수정2010.04.05 15:19

Female idol group the Wonder Girls will be releasing their U.S. debut album worldwide on May 16 (Korean time), according to their agency JYP Entertainment on Monday.

The album, to be in EP format, will contain their title track recorded in three languages including English, Korean and Chinese, as well as the English versions of their songs "Nobody," "So Hot," "Tell Me," the girls' previous hits in Korea.

They will also unveil three music videos for their title track the same day, one for each language, making them the first artists in the world to have their songs and videos revealed simultaneously worldwide in three languages.

Additionally, the Korean quintet will concurrently hold an album launching event to be hosted by U.S. blogger and TV personality Perez Hilton at the 1400-capacity Avalon in Los Angeles.

Aired live on online video broadcast service Ustream starting 6 p.m. on May 15 (Los Angeles time, GMT-8), the five-member girl group will reveal the music video to their title song for the first time, chat live with fans from around the world and perform their hit numbers.

Wonder Girls, originally composed of Sohee, Yubin, Sun, Yenny and Mimi, debuted in Korea in 2007 and quickly became one of the most successful pop groups in the country by placing several singles atop music charts.

They had crossed over to the U.S. last summer, actively promoting themselves by performing on over 50 opening acts for popular boy band The Jonas Brothers' tour in the country and appearing on radio and television shows including FOX's "Wendy Williams Show" and "So You Think You Can Dance".

Their efforts came to fruit later in the year when their U.S. debut single "Nobody" entered the Billboard Hot100 at No. 76, making them the first Korean artists to be placed on the chart in its 115-year history.

The girls had planned to make a full-fledged debut in the U.S. in February of this year but put off their activities following the replacement of Mimi with JYP trainee Lim starting March.

Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...040514365701472

URL of the other Jessica Kim article posted above: http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...040518045592753

EDIT: "Twitter is over-capacity." Spazzing WFs' fault? :lol::D:P

EDIT II: Having a hard time keeping up with the Google real-time search. Beyond the usual K-pop grapevine, both the AFP news wire & the Yahoo global network are also disseminating the latest info. I'm coming across published announcements in the likes of France, Sweden & New Zealand!!! :ohttp://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&...;q=wonder+girls

Guest brisemarine

Finally GREAT news!! :D

I've been waiting for the for so long -_- and now they're back!

so this means that they won't do any promotion in Korea? :huh:

Archived