Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest _joodeee

daang. their next show is in tacoma, i live like 5 hours away from there.

too bad i can't go. man, that'll be the closest i'll ever be to the wonder girls lol.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The english version of Nobody is really weak, in my honest opinion.

I don't see it taking them too far. It's just not something that appeals strongly to people here. On top of that, their english is way to amateur (especially Sohee, who I think is holding them back as a group)

Sticking to Korea, where they are doing so well and making music that is right for that market, would be their best bet.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

The english version of Nobody is really weak, in my honest opinion.

I don't see it taking them too far. It's just not something that appeals strongly to people here. On top of that, their english is way to amateur (especially Sohee, who I think is holding them back as a group)

Sticking to Korea, where they are doing so well and making music that is right for that market, would be their best bet.

i agree. i couldnt even bare to finish listening to the english ver.....

but their live at the concert wasnt as bad as i expected.

best luck to them anyway.

Guest i.said.hi

The steps of wonder girls in the AMERICAN MUSIC ENT.

1) Release nobody eng

2) get bashed a lot by americans because they're asian ("this sucks" "omg what the hell is this?" "I don't understand")

3) korean netizens take caps of these comments and post it up on telzone saying "i knew it. wonder girls is a failure"

4) WG go on tour with JO Bro and garner some attention and fans

5) release full album in september

6) once again garner attention by going on television this time

7) some way become affiliated with disney channel

8) if #7 does not happen, wg's will some how have their own t.v show on a cable channel

9) Get a lot of attention (slowly gain)

10) wg's are accepted in the music industry.

So far #1 is done.

and # 2 is starting.

seriously this is how i've seen this for some time.

this is how the american debut looked like in my perspective

i don't know why i'm so confident; but yeah. this is how i've seen it for a while

so you guys.

get ready for severe bashing from american netizens and koreans :)

so here is the post a i posted a couple of days ago.

you know, i should add a 4.5 to the list..

4.5) JO BRO fans and other american/korean fans will be skeptical at first, but after a while wg's will grab the attentions of many good and bad.

really... this list is coming out well. haha

okay i'm done posting right now.. lol save my last few posts of the day for later tonight

I'm so proud of them!! Hehehe!

The fancams are amazing btw. thank you! The live was great.

I loved how they turned around for the back of the audiences. Yoobin's intro was LOL!!

Aw, fanmeeting!? T__T I wish i could've gone. they look beautiful.

Thanks! And I like the english MV better. The lighting shows their beauty.

Guest heavenztears

"Tell me that you want me too"

haha that's a sentence I could make up from the fancams, I couldn't hear the girls very clearly on the Tell Me performance.

Best luck to the girls.

It's going to be rough and tough and we all know that people can be effin mean so I hope they can make it through.

Really, can't wait for the album to come out already! [i'm greedy, I know =.= ]

BTW, aren't the girls performing tonight AGAIN?

Guest akirou

The girls will be performing tonight, monday, and tuesday.

Tonight - Tacoma, WASHINGTON

Monday+Tuesday - Vancouver, Canada back to back.

And I am very surprised. I know I'll sound like a bad fan for saying this, but I never though the girls would actually get any sort of cheering whatsoever, much less an introduction by Mr. Jonas. I was pleasantly surprised. Let's hope the momentum keeps on rolling.

Guest MarkXD

Thank you for all the great fancams! I found the cheers pretty loud.

Is anyone going on July 19th @ Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, NY?

Guest SecretAgent07

I can hear how large everyone screaming (esp after they performance Nobody) ! Just like JYP said, THE GIRLS TOTALLY KILLED PORTLAND :D :D

To be honest, it sounds like people were cheering because the Jonas Brothers were gonna come on. After "Here's Jonas Brothers!" it got loud. :mellow:

Guest --hearts.

LMAFO. I totally see the Disney channel thing happening. The girls will be find no matter what happens in the US markets. They ARE the Wonder Girls and at the end of the day, Korea will love them no matter what. <3

Guest Banana Peel

To be honest, it sounds like people were cheering because the Jonas Brothers were gonna come on. After "Here's Jonas Brothers!" it got loud. :mellow:

LOL. Yeah, that's probably the case,

but as long as it wasn't complete silent! ;)

Thanks for the link to the awesome fancams <3

I'm glad that there was some sort of cheering,

seems like the girls made a good impression.

Better live performance in english than I had expected,

so I'm super happy.

Weird, but I feel like I'm listening to a whole different song

when I'm listening to Nobody in English. It's like I'm addicted

once more! :) Replay, replay, replay!

EDIT:

Hm, like the review! thanks for sharing ;)

I'm glad they're saying 'odd' as a description.

Yes, it is indeed odd. Lol! It's much better than harsh criticisms.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people find them very oddly interesting.

Aah, GO WG ! <3

V

Guest shirlyn

OHHHH, i found another WG's impression!

''Following Honor Society was a unique all-girl band from South Korea called Wonder Girls. Dressed in 60's chic (think The Supremes), Wonder Girls is an odd infusion of retro cool and bubble gum pop. I don't think that the audience for the Jonas Brothers really knew what to make of them. Their first set, a single song, was so short it was hard to get a real sense of them. Wonder Girls performed a second number after Jordin Sparks's set and an introduction by Paul Jonas (the Jonas Brother's father) called Nobody. The song itself was pretty catchy but the dance that went along with it could only be described as odd. It'll be interesting to see if this Asian super group will find traction with American audiences. It could go either way.''

http://www.onpdx.com/music/the-jonas-broth...tland-a-review/

I'm happy with this review. it seems they are giving them a chance instead of just bad mouthing them, i'm happy!

I'll try to find more!

Guest sunmikiwangjang

They prob wont get much cheers at any of the concerts since each concert will have totally new crowd. However, as long as people are giving them a chance, that makes a difference.

Things like "odd" or "strange" is not bad at all. Its better than trash talking about the girls.

Criticism will help the girls out a lot for their next album which will completely be different.

Plus, us wonderfuls need to stand by them at all times. Yes they are trying to get the american crew to like them, but without our support it will be tough.

Guest hyde n seek

The girls will be performing tonight, monday, and tuesday.

Tonight - Tacoma, WASHINGTON

Monday+Tuesday - Vancouver, Canada back to back.

And I am very surprised. I know I'll sound like a bad fan for saying this, but I never though the girls would actually get any sort of cheering whatsoever, much less an introduction by Mr. Jonas. I was pleasantly surprised. Let's hope the momentum keeps on rolling.

I think someone also told me that the Jonas Brothers did the lyrics of Nobody with them :)

Guest monmoon

More pictures and fancams (PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO THANK ALL THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE FOR TAKING FANCAMS AND PICTURES! :) )

Here are some of my videos of the girls. I'll put my fan account and pics later! :)

Here's a little clip of them when we were leaving from meeting them for the first time!(we met them twice!):

Tell me (Sorry for the screaming once again..I was really REALLY excited! lol):

and last but not lease NOBODY English version!! (once again sorry for all the screaming on top of my lungs haha):

The performances were sooo good! We talked to JYP and the Wonder Girls and they remembered us again when we met them the second time!! It was so cool! Yoobin asked if she could have a hug and I was all heck yes!! I'll edit my post if i decide to put my pictures up. :)

More pictures by DE LINNERZ

img1165f.jpg

img1164s.jpg

img1163t.jpg

img1161e.jpg

img1160u.jpg

img1158e.jpg

img1157n.jpg

img1184ttj.jpg

img1183cpa.jpg

img1181z.jpg

img1173y.jpg

img1170a.jpg

img1169s.jpg

img1168b.jpg

img1167j.jpg

Guest ll_borderline

thank you WonderFuls for sharing to us the fancams and pics!

and for screaming your lungs out and made WonderFuls

presence known in the Concert!

hugely appreciate it! :)

watching all the fancams and still watching it lol

i can just feel how much our girls want this,

they stood on the stage with confidence

they sang with confidence they talk with confidence

their stage peresence is amazing!

and how the fans responded after they performed

nobody i am very delighted.

they nailed their first performance!

im so excited for tacoma now!

now in tacoma there will be 12 live twitters!

and i have no idea who to ask them to update

for Wonder Girls too! youl find their twitters at jonashq

maybe i should kindly ask them all. lol

edit @ sarangraeyang

today at Tacoma Dome Tacoma, WA

then 29 and 30 at General Motors Place Vancouver, BC

Guest tnamphel

Thank you so much for uploading all the videos and pictures...and wonderfuls were amazing cheering for the girls. No matter where they are their stage presence always shines. wonder girls fighting

Guest sarangtaeyang

so they are also performing tonight???

where at?

i want to see alot of fancams for that too..

since our girls got a feel of the crowd in their first jo bro concert i think they will do better

on this one and so on

good luck girls

WG fighting :D

Archived