Park Bo Young 박보영 • 朴寶英

StaRix

Park Bo-young pretty in summery beauty shoot

Korean actress Park Bo-young is featured in the latest issue of Korean fashion magazine Sure.

Park is currently starring in a Korean mystery thriller film, “The Silenced,” which premiered last Thursday.

Sure magazine’s photoshoot with Park is themed around the summer rainy season. Park models a variety of beauty looks, including graphic eyeliner and fuchsia lipstick, in the photos.

Park said she was “not used to” the colorful makeup looks, which also included blue eyeshadow, created by makeup artist Jo Eon.

The actress, 25, formerly won plaudits in the Korean blockbuster films “Speed Scandal” (2008) and “A Werewolf Boy” (2012).

Park will next appear in the lighthearted TV fantasy drama “Oh My Ghost,” which premieres on tvN on July 3.

By Yoon Sarah (sarah356@heraldcorp.com)
kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201506241432380116459_2

Park Bo-yeong to attend her father's discharging ceremony

photo606312.jpg

Actress Park Bo-yeong is attending the discharging ceremony of her special forces father.

Park Bo-yeong's father is retiring from his life as a soldier on the 30th and Park Bo-yeong will be there with her family.

The 38th anniversary of the military camp is also on that day. Park Bo-yeong's father served 34 years in the Special Forces

Apparently, he's like a father and a respectable man.

Meanwhile, Park Bo-yeong's "The Silenced" was released on the 18th.

Source: osen.co.kr/article/G1110185911
Credit: hancinema.net/park-bo-yeong-to-attend-her-father-s-discharging-ceremony-83628.html

• Like 1

Guest marikolah

Actress Park Bo-young Hungry for More Film Roles 

Time really does fly, and actress Park Bo-young -- whom many filmgoers no doubt still think of as the young girl of her early performances -- has now been acting for 10 years. For Park, it has been a decade spent carefully building her career. 

In her latest film, the mystery-thriller "The Silenced," which was released last week, Park plays a girl in poor health who is dragged to a sanitarium-style boarding school by her stepmother in 1938, with Korea still under Japanese colonial rule. 

2015062700361_0.jpg

"I was intrigued by the possibility of doing things I hadn't done -- especially having to convey such depths of emotion -- through the character," Park said. Despite her passion and ambition, it was a tough job, as the role was unfamiliar territory for her.

Park is still not used to the idea that she's already a 10-year veteran of the film business. "I want to work even harder from now on. I regret not having been more prolific. I should have made more films by now. You need experience to improve and build confidence," she said. 

"I've realized one thing for sure, though -- what I really desire. I think I've become someone who's not easily swayed by what others say," Park said. "I'm now satisfied with my acting career and with my personal life. I want deeply to be a better actor, not a 'star.' I just want to develop greater depth as an actor." 

englishnews@chosun.com / Jun. 27, 2015 08:09 KST

[HanCinema's Film Review] "The Silenced"

photo607281.jpg

The year is 1938, and Joo-ran (played by Park Bo-yeong) is a young woman who's sent off to boarding school, mostly to avoid being too much of an inconvenience to a restructured family that's decided to move to Japan. For the most part Joo-ran's adjustments to the new environment are nothing out of the ordinary. There's a bullying clique, a new friend by the name of Yeon-deok (played by Park So-dam), a curricular obsession with long jumping, and freaky hallucinations involving missing students covered in nightmarish gook. At least, Joo-ran is hoping these are just hallucinations.

More here: hancinema.net/hancinema-s-film-review-the-silenced-83753.html