[drama 2009] Cinderella Man 신데렐라맨

RiceGirl1212

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TY_KSW

hopefully i can see the first episode before the end of my spring break...my spring break starts this friday...so i'll try to be patient..haha...i think the chances of the drama doing well is high...it seems like a comedy, romance, and just good in general..haha

it'll be interesting to see 2 KSW at the same time!

Hi Aznlad, your sping break is on Apr 10? The pilot epi will start on Apr 15...

Could it be caught? :D

Guest aznlockheart

Yay for action scenes~

It's even better that KSW gets to do his own stunts. ^^

And YoonA huddled up in the first picture.. damsel in distress~?

Guest TY_KSW

Yay for action scenes~

It's even better that KSW gets to do his own stunts. ^^

And YoonA huddled up in the first picture.. damsel in distress~?

i thought so, Yoo Jin in that scene is damsel in distress! :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 04-07-2009 17:19

Showdown of Male Hallyu Stars on TV

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

090407p16showdown1.jpg

Park Yong-ha plays the determined inmate-turned-M&A expert in the drama "The Slingshot'' which airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:55 p.m. / Courtesy of M.A.C.

Hallyu stars Park Yong-ha and Kwon Sang-woo are moving into the television spotlight where, until recently, pretty boys, shiny sports cars ("Boys Over Flowers'') and even a historic hero ("Iljimae Returns'') dominated.

The leading men of new dramas "The Slingshot'' (KBS) and "Cinderella Man'' (SBS), respectively, are expected to heat up the already star-studded drama casts, which include So Ji-sub, Kim Nam-ju and Jung Ryeo-won.

Written by Song Ji-na as the final piece of her trilogy ― the first two being "Eye of Dawn'' (1991) and "Hourglass'' (1997) ― "The Slingshot'' is expected to capture the reality of today's money-driven world.

"We focused on the world of men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives for money, a world where money dictates. But I still tried to make a lighter, enjoyable and somewhat touching series,'' Yoon Sung-sik, the producer, said at a press conference last week in northern Seoul.

Park, 31, plays Kim Shin, who chooses jail after realizing he has no way to pay back his debt. Inside, he is resigned to his fate, until he finds out about the stocks scandal that caused the suicide of his brother, which made him borrow the money in the first place. Furious, Kim prepares for revenge and founds a "dream team,'' including actress Park Shi-yeon who plays his lover. The dark, cold-blooded Chae Do-woo, played by Kim Kang-woo, is his enemy in the drama. The actor was the winner of the Best Actor Award at the Torino Film Festival in 2007.

In a short preview clip, the three characters showed that they were serious in depicting their characters, which departed from their usual images. Park, who only recently revealed his manly side with the hit drama "On-Air,'' played a tough inmate with eyes blazing with revenge, while Park Shi-yeon showed her softer side, far from the usual sexy and sultry characters she's been known for. Kim successfully transforms himself into the shadowy and cold-blooded villain Chae, perfectly matching his dark suits, sharp expressions and harsh words.

When asked if the choice of the tough guy role was deliberate, Park smiled and admitted it was about time.

"Yes, I felt I needed a change in the characters that I play. I also came to realize that these roles fit me better at my age, compared to the fragile and pretty characters I have been portraying,'' he said.

090407p16showdown2.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo stars in the new MBC drama "Cinderella Man,'' which airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m. / Courtesy of MBC

Meanwhile, the also fairly "pretty'' Kwon Sang-woo returns to television screens for the first time since his marriage with actress Sohn Tae-young and the birth of their son. The 32-year-old actor will not only star in a drama the first time in a year, but also play two different characters simultaneously.

Kwon plays the poor, yet determined Oh Dae-san, an aspiring designer whose priorities in life are money and fame. His life takes a drastic turn when he meets Lee Jun-hee; the son of an apparel company who looks exactly like him. When the latter disappears, Oh is given the task of living the life of the rich fellow during the day. Lee does not return, and when Oh realizes that he is actually good in filling the shoes of his unrelated "twin,'' his deepest desires and dreams start to unravel.

"Cinderella Man'' also made headlines for the appearance of Yoo-na, a member of the popular girl group Girls' Generation, as Oh's love interest despite the 14 year age gap.

"It's not a big budget program, nor does it have an overwhelming storyline. It's real, about us, and personally, something I can relate with and also show myself,'' Kwon said during a press conference last week in central Seoul.

The overall drama may have not called for a big budget, but it did require special effects and equipment to get the two characters played by Kwon in the same scene.

The drama crew used the Motion Control Camera (MCC), which costs about 1 billion won and 5 million won for a day's rental. With the help of advanced technology, viewers will get to watch two Kwons walk past each other.

"I'm not pressured by (ratings). As my previous work, 'Bad Love,' was considered a big failure, I think this one will do much better. I'm not happy to compete with my good friend So Ji-sub from the drama 'Cain and Abel,' but the good news is that 'Cain' is coming to an end, while we are just starting,'' Kwon said, smiling to reporters.

"The Slingshot'' airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:55 on KBS, while "Cinderella Man'' airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:55 on MBC.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest TY_KSW

Thank you Kdramafanusa for the translation article! :D

Yah, it is not a very big budget but it tell the true life story...

Thats why we are longing for!

Is there an official character chart with all the characters?

not yet till date..

it must be public before the airing date... but still no chart out! :D

Guest TY_KSW

Is this drama still coming out on 04/15? :)

yes, at least until now, MBC website all media annouced its pilot epi will be on 4/15.. :)

Guest Banana Peel

wow, thats really luxurious lookin' ;)

I think korean dramas are the best with the luxurious setting.

They're all beautiful ~

So this drama's releasing in the 17th?

That's like my last day of spring break T_T

Oh well, I guess the drama will satisfy my last enjoyment of spring break.

EDIT.

Wait, 15th? Well, even better! n_n

Guest sealbee1

my first post...!! ^^

cinderella man was mainly the reason why I made a soompi account lol.

I totally adore yoona!

something about her is so sweet ^^

Also I think song chang ui is soo cute...!!

I loved it when he was the one handing her the award for

best new actress at the baeksang.

I can't wait for the drama to start!!

Guest TY_KSW

my first post...!! ^^

cinderella man was mainly the reason why I made a soompi account lol.

I totally adore yoona!

something about her is so sweet ^^

Also I think song chang ui is soo cute...!!

I loved it when he was the one handing her the award for

best new actress at the baeksang.

I can't wait for the drama to start!!

glad to see your 1st post is with Cinderella man

Trust it will hit and make you enjoyment! :D

Guest TY_KSW

Main Casting:

Oh Dae San - Kwon Sang Woo

01.jpg

Lee Joon Hee - Kwon Sang Woo

05.jpg

Seo Yoo Jin - Im Yoon Ah

02.jpg

Jang Se Eun - Han Eun Jeong

04.jpg

Lee Jae Min - Song Chang Eui

03.jpg

Others:

Kang Joo Ok - Jeong Hye Seon

06.jpg

Oh Seon Yeong - Yoo Hye Ri

07.jpg

Ahn Seok Hwan

08.jpg

Shin Gi Cheol - Jeong Kyu Soo

09.jpg

Lee Byung Joon

10.jpg

Lee Hyun Jeong - Kim Min Hee

11.jpg

Park Seung Jae - Ryu Sang Wook

13.jpg

Kang Yoon Jeong - Lee Yeon Doo

14.jpg

Kim Dong Hyun - Kang Dong Yeop

12.jpg

Yoon Eun Hee (Yoo Jin's mother) - Lee Kyung Jin

15.jpg

Lee Keut Soon - Jang Jeong Hee

16.jpg

Official Website:

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/cinderellaman/index.html

(Thank you Autumn @ Sangwoovn.com)

Guest aznlockheart

[04.08.09] SNSD's Yoona, "Shin Seunghoon's participation in 'Cinderella Man' is an honor

o59jti.jpg

For MBC's Wed-Thurs drama, Shin Seunghoon will participate in Cinderella Man's OST, which Yoona felt very honored for.

SNSD's Yoona has a lead role in 'Cinderella Man' said, "Even before my debut, Shin Seunghoon sunbaenim was the singer I respected the most. The fact that I'll be acting in a drama that also has Shin Seunghoon sunbaenim's song is touching and is a honor."

Also, "Hearing Shin Seunghoon's sunbaenim's song, I Believe, which was in the movie, My Sassy Girl, I thought to myself, 'Will I ever get a chance to act with Shin Seunghoon sunbaenim's song playing in the background?' I'm very glad that through Cinderella Man, that whim became a reality."

'Cinderella Man' is about Oh Daesan, who works in a Dong Dae Moon fashion store, finds a clothing company's heir who looks exactly like him and for a month, takes his place as a part-time job. It's like a modern drama of 'The king and the bum'

Kwon Sangwoo is Oh Daesan and Lee Joonhee, taking on two roles and Oh Daesan's older brother role is taken by Song Changui. Yoona plays Seo Yoojin and while studying abroad at a fashion school in Paris, her father passes away and she returns to Korea to work at his Dong Dae Moon business. She then becomes scouted into a clothing company's design team. The role of Seo Yoojin's fashion school sunbae, who is a model/designer is played by Han Eunjung and there is a love-square romance.

'Cinderella Man' will replace the currently airing 'Return of Iljimae', starting from the 15th at 9:55 PM.

Credits to: Newsen

Translated by: Hyunjin808@soshified.com/forums

-----------------

Yay it's getting closer to the airing date!!

Thanks for sharing the YT link Zane!! I absolutely love OJH's voice. It's nice to see her singing again. ^^;

Archived