[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Guest MisterBarca

I thought all the adult casts (from teens to adults) are just as mediocre as compared to the younger. I am missing them now! :tears:

I agree.

Strangely, I just felt the opposite from you. I thought Uhm Tae Woong sounded too forceful in his vocal projection. Or maybe I should say, his voice is generally weak and he tries hard to sound strong but the end result was too forceful to be good/natural?

Uhm's voice acting may not be stellar, but he projects a credible warrior persona.

Lee, on the other hand, projects a silly girl/ tomboy-ditz persona that does not befit Queen Seon-deok.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest khiza

Without subtitle is a problem but browsing thru ep9, I think Lee Yo Won is adequate but not outstanding. Pace started slowing down since second half of ep8, so rating drop is to be expected.

Park Ye Jin looks uncomfortable though, where is the courage and determination of the little princess?

i agree with you. the pace is slowing down and the rating drop. As for Lee Yo won, she's okay for now. I want to see her act when she is confronted by ko hyo jung's character.

Lee, on the other hand, projects a silly girl/ tomboy-ditz persona that does not befit Queen Seon-deok.

i agree with you. the pace is slowing down and the rating drop. As for Lee Yo won, she's okay for now. I want to see her act when she is confronted by ko hyo jung's character.

This is the "development" stage of Seon Deok. Remember she is only a naive girl who grown up from dessert for now, she even saved the bad guys life only to cause more troubles later on. All she need to show is the eager to learn, show a bit of inherited intelligence, warm heart and the courage to face any type of challenge.

Lee Yo Won should do fine for this stage because this is exactly what she did in Surgeon Bong Dal Hee and Fashion 70s. She did okay in F70s and remarkably well in SBDH. The showtime is how will she portray the transition from a naive girl to the ruler of the Silla. That will determine if Lee is a good actor or stuck at the current stage. If she can handle this QSD well, this will open up more opportunities for her in the future. Otherwise, she is merely a fading idol.

Guest MisterBarca

This is the "development" stage of Seon Deok. Remember she is only a naive girl who grown up from dessert for now, she even saved the bad guys life only to cause more troubles later on. All she need to show is the eager to learn, show a bit of inherited intelligence, warm heart and the courage to face any type of challenge.

Lee Yo Won should do fine for this stage because this is exactly what she did in Surgeon Bong Dal Hee and Fashion 70s. She did okay in F70s and remarkably well in SBDH. The showtime is how will she portray the transition from a naive girl to the ruler of the Silla. That will determine if Lee is a good actor or stuck at the current stage. If she can handle this QSD well, this will open up more opportunities for her in the future. Otherwise, she is merely a fading idol.

I essentially agree with you, and I freely confess I am jumping the gun, because I did not like the casting of Lee and fully expect her to fail :)

I suppose she's an improvement over Seong Yu-ri, but they should've asked Han Hye-jin.

Guest piano_lady

i am really looking forward to watching this drama...

and i am patiently waiting for the subtitles!

thanks, WITHS2!!

Guest dramaok

e10090623hdtvxvidentala.jpg

Seokpoom [leader of Cheong-ryung group of Sorabol 10]

is chilsook's brother.

the sorabol 10 scout names are so hard to remember.

park yejin is great to me. her makeup is too pale but her acting is fitting to me.

eom taewoong also fitting of a silla knight.

is this right? by my math, only 2 yrs have passed between ep. 8 and 9?

so deokman came to sorabol at 15.

a yr passed between ep. 6 and 7.

now anoter 2, so lee yo won is at 18 right now?

Archived