[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tchq90

I think he is supposed to die this week.

When did Park Jung Chul first appear in this drama? I didn't recall seeing him in Episodes 3 or 4 last week????

Guest thunderbolt

PJC is a cameo in this drama.

I seriously need new glasses. Read "cameo" as "camel." :ph34r:

When did Park Jung Chul first appear in this drama? I didn't recall seeing him in Episodes 3 or 4 last week????

He appeared briefly at the end of ep 4 in the preview for ep 5.

Guest mochi_chan

A good drama.. really attracted so far.... and like all the cast in this drama.

Just a little bit wonder, how come Mi Shil not getting old a little bit at all ?? since the others characters start getting older

Just take a comparison between Queen Maya with Mi-Shil, as the story I think Queen Maya must 10 - 15 years younger than Mi-Shil. But now she already look so old while Mi-Shil still so young and HOT :P

Go Hyung Jung's portray a villain character but her face look like a cute baby :D

Guest tenshiii0ox

^MiShil is a temptress. On the outside, she's "beautiful," although I beg to differ, but inside, she is rather hideous. Greed, envy, and lewd thoughts fill her heart. She can be compared to Dorian Gray. Perhaps that is what the scriptwriter and PD are aiming for.

Just take a comparison between Queen Maya with Mi-Shil, as the story I think Queen Maya must 10 - 15 years younger than Mi-Shil. But now she already look so old while Mi-Shil still so young and HOT

Go Hyung Jung's portray a villain character but her face look like a cute baby

maybe she took some immortal pills or something :P it feel like time standstill for only her .

is there any particular reason they have to speak canto in that region ..--; the canto spoken was abit off..cant really understand what they saying till i read the subtitles -;;; but the chinese spoken fare better then in most other drama i saw ~ lol .

the drama still going strong ~~ i hope nothing happen to the foster mother !

wasn't there enough ajusshi hotness in ep. 3?

queenseonduke03kor09060.jpg

they really did the baby rescue scenes so Zhao Yun style like ! i suppose they saw Red Cliff ~ke which i never bothered going back to watch part 2 -- ;;

Guest mochi_chan

maybe she took some immortal pills or something :P it feel like time standstill for only her .

hehehe... you're so right :P

is there any particular reason they have to speak canto in that region ..--; the canto spoken was abit off..cant really understand what they saying till i read the subtitles -;;; but the chinese spoken fare better then in most other drama i saw ~ lol .

Yes, when I hear the chinese spoken in k-drama (except of the guys in King Sejong who I cannot remember his name), all really weird and.... :rolleyes::P But the "Roma" guy dialect quite good.

Guest MisterX

is there any particular reason they have to speak canto in that region ..--;

Not really. ㅋㅋ

Archaic Chinese around the 6-7th Century did sound a lot more similar to Guangdong Dialect than the Northern one, but the issue is mainly that no Guangdong (so Southern) feudal lord would ever lead a Taklamakan (Uyghur region) trading post during the Sui dynasty, particularly considering that it was still pre-Xiyu wars by Taizong of the Tang. Might be the Silk Road, but they still were mostly persona non grata over there, since it was under control of the Western Turks (Tujue).

But the "Roma" guy dialect quite good.

yes. i thought so too. i didnt really need the subtitles when he speak those few words.`

Not really. ㅋㅋ

Archaic Chinese around the 6-7th Century did sound a lot more similar to Guangdong Dialect than the Northern one, but the issue is mainly that no Guangdong (so Southern) feudal lord would ever lead a Taklamakan (Uyghur region) trading post during the Sui dynasty, particularly considering that it was still pre-Xiyu wars by Taizong of the Tang. Might be the Silk Road, but they still were mostly persona non grata over there, since it was under control of the Western Turks (Tujue).

ah yes.that was what puzzled me ~^ it is strange for a feudal lord from guangdong to be there .

yup~~. i was told before that the old chinese language does sound abit more towards the dialects then the chinese we know now ~~ ke but the lines written wasnt that bad ..lol~~.

btw ^

thanks for your write up on the main site Mr X! ..

Guest redzone85

this drama is really entertaining and story is very good for a beginning drama.

None of the seguek/history dramas satisfied my needs for quite a while, this looks really good so far.

Episode 4 ending is quite sad, looks like her adopted mum will die from quicksand... too sad really, she went through alot and deserved a happier life. The bastard should have been killed from the get-go, really dont understand why he wasnt finished off?? must be a solider-solider honour thing or some BS. I dont see a reason why he wasnt killed.

I am hoping this drama doesnt drag on the story, and keep moving at a good pace.

Guest MisterBarca

The bastard should have been killed from the get-go, really dont understand why he wasnt finished off?? must be a solider-solider honour thing or some BS. I dont see a reason why he wasnt killed.

Yes, I didn't understand that decision either.

Guest dramaok

actually i think they did make Mishil look older after 15 yrs. i noticed her makeup was different.

but the one that really aged is lady maya. how in the hell did she look so old in 15 yrs.

:huh:

--

btw i noticed they made a mistake on the korean subtitle. they referred to Cantonese is 광동어 when it should've been 광둥어 (i'm pretty sure). and they referred to the more mandarin sounding dialect as 북경어 which i thought was kinda weird? the whole language thing and the warddrobe thingies.. were kinda funny though. it's like you're trying to get a simple cup of black coffee in korea 5-10 yrs ago. there's no such thing. it has to come w/ loads of fake cream and refined sugar mixed w/ the instant stuff, in a pretty cup with saucer and all... when it's all done w/ you need a large glass of water to wash it all down.

Torrent Link Ep5:

thx again!

Archived