[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

thx!

Later on he conspires to rise in revolt against both King Jin Pyeong and Princess Deok Man, but the rebellion is put down by Yoo Shin, Yong Choon, Bi Dam and other Hwa Rang; as a result, his whole family is exterminated with him. I won't tell more details :P

plse tell me ^^;

ack i was hoping to see chilsook help deokman. since his life was kinda saved by her once.

btw what is that sport the little hwarangs are playing?

looked like soccer a bit.

em, question, does anyone know when park yejin and lee yowon are coming in? :) i'm sure somebody's mentioned it, but i don't want to search through 21 pages T.T

ep. 7-8

anyone know this actor's name?

e04090602hdtvxvidentala.jpg

Yeah, Jeon No Min is more endearing, and the hair :crazy: & armor give him the stocky look.

I was just looking for an excuse to bring up the speedo incident. :P

oh gosh i was thinking the same thing .the stocky look --;; all the time while watching esp 1 &2 !

oh but where's shirley?

she is the resident hotness judge! :D

master . i hear your call~. and there is mention of ahjushi hotness in here ? . ah from what i can see ..my radar can sense Wootae has immense potential ..he is like a hero in both esp 1 & 2 for me

but i must claim my rights to young Kim Chun Chu.i think it is still early for his appearance ..but Yoo Seung Ho is love .lolllll

i am impressed .the first two esp is seriously not bad ..cant wait to get the next 2 esp with subtitles ! i sense more greatness is coming out ...from the casting that is going to be appearing .

Go Hyun Jung as Mi Shil is amazingly great ~..boy i must confess i use to think she was abit overrated when i saw the trailer . i thought the way she speak was abit off .for period drama --;;

.but now i saw the first two esp

she is wow ...! i didnt think she has that wickedness in her to handle this role but she nailed it ..

----

백종민 [baek jongmin] who played teenage jinpyeong...

he is actually 23 yrs old. 86-er.

will miss him.

that young king is really not bad . i think i nearly feel so moved at end of esp 2 ..when he asked the child to forgive the parents .~~

and omg where did they get the baby from ..she is just so adorable .

ahem..okay go back to read the thread carefully ...to educate myself on the background of the era

=

some making of clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHoTVKO5Ncg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s4Bd2w5DcA

Guest hjkomo

dunno...but it was the first time in a drama where I didn't feel the overwhelmingly urgent need to shove icepicks in my ears :lol:

master . i hear your call~. and there is mention of ahjushi hotness in here ? . ah from what i can see ..my radar can sense Wootae has immense potential ..he is like a hero in both esp 1 & 2 for me

but i must claim my rights to young Kim Chun Chu.i think it is still early for his appearance ..but Yoo Seung Ho is love .lolllll

i am impressed .the first two esp is seriously not bad ..cant wait to get the next 2 esp with subtitles ! i sense more greatness is coming out ...from the casting that is going to be appearing .

yay! shirley's here :D

that young king is really not bad . i think i nearly feel so moved at end of esp 2 ..when he asked the child to forgive the parents .~~

looking forward to seeing him in future projects

Guest MisterX

anyone know this actor's name?

e04090602hdtvxvidentala.jpg

Checked the cast list at the end of Ep. 3, and there's a Korean (the magician with the blond wig), two Chinese fellas (the "Egyptian" merchant and the other magician fella, I guess), and a certain 천세드릭 (Cedric Cheon), so I guess that could be him. 교포인가...

Poor fella playing the African 그냥 듣보잡놈인가봐. 쟤 눈빛 연기 장난이 아니던데, 그것만 했지만... ㅋㅋ

Guest yeohweping

http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/news/1742997_25552.html

<The Great Queen Seondeok> attains the fastest rise over a 20% rating, boasting its soaring popularity!

ms.jpg

<The Great Queen Seondeok> starring Lee Yo-won and Koh Hyun-jung, achieved a rating higher than 20% only over the course of 3 episodes, looking victorious.

<The Great Queen Seondeok> recorded a rating of 23.3% (TNS capital region) on June 1st. This is 5.5% higher than the 17.8% rating for the 2nd episode. This ascent over a 20% rating mark is almost a month faster than those of <Boys over Flowers> and <My Wife Is a Superwoman>, the most popular dramas of this year. This rating increase is even faster than that of <Jewel in the Palace>, which is considered the most successful Korean historical drama.

<The Great Queen Seondeok>'s steep increase in rating is thanks to the main cast's excellent performances as well as the drama's fast-paced plot.

Koh Hyun-jung's acting has wildly heated up major web portals. Viewers comment that Koh has perfectly acted out Misil's character, who seduces the main power controllers of Silla with her grace and beauty. Viewers especially praise Koh's performance with her expressive eyes that has vitalized the entire show of <the Great Queen Seondeok>, enabling the record of a 23.3% rating on its third episode.

Furthermore, Jung Woong-in, who is starring as Mi-seng, Mi-sil's brother, is also being reviewed favorably for his excellent portrayal of Mi-seng's sly character. Mi-seng's cheeky but humorous character often provokes laughter from the audience. Nam Ji-hyun, a new face who is acting as the young Queen Seondeok, also brings up expectations for the next episode.

The other secret to <The Great Queen Seondeok>'s popularity is its fast paced plot. Historical dramas usually tend to fill up their earlier episodes with long historical explanations; however, <The Great Queen Seondeok> goes full throttle with its speedy unravelling of the story. It boldly skips over boring details and only pictures important events, keeping its audience riveted to their seats.

<The Great Queen Seondeok>, which scored a rating of 23.3% on its third episode, is expected to change the future paradigm for big-hit historial dramas.

the 15 year transition was kind of quick, i wonder where mun no went? is his full name really gooksun mun no? quite unusual. he really kick-richard simmons when he appears, no one can beat him.

did the The Seven Stars of the Northern Dipper really become 8 stars or just fictional for the drama.

the half-assed chinese and cantonese of the traders really bugged me. and i wonder why didn't chilsook recognize sohwa at first glance and similarly her. maybe the long time gap.

the pacing has been awesome and keeps you on ur edge of the seat. can't wait for monday to come.

Guest MisterBarca

the 15 year transition was kind of quick, i wonder where mun no went? is his full name really gooksun mun no? quite unusual. he really kick-richard simmons when he appears, no one can beat him.

did the The Seven Stars of the Northern Dipper really become 8 stars or just fictional for the drama.

the half-assed chinese and cantonese of the traders really bugged me. and i wonder why didn't chilsook recognize sohwa at first glance and similarly her. maybe the long time gap.

the pacing has been awesome and keeps you on ur edge of the seat. can't wait for monday to come.

Gook-seon is the title of his office--the head of hwa-rang.

Guest dramaok

ic. his korean was pretty good and he also spoke other languages which was pretty impressive. 그정도면 재능有 ~

the fake blonde and fake others.. iono i thought it was funny. 개그아닌가? you know offensive humor.

Guest MisterBarca

ic. his korean was pretty good and he also spoke other languages which was pretty impressive. 그정도면 재능有 ~

the fake blonde and fake others.. iono i thought it was funny. 개그아닌가? you know offensive humor.

The white or mixed-looking dude who played the Roman guy? Yes, his Korean was pretty good.

The only thing that's really missing from this drama is an outstandingly attractive female. Go is a bit old (and I never thought she was that pretty anyways), and I find Lee Yo Won neither a great actress nor a beauty. Park Ye-jin is a decent (but not an outstanding) actress, but she's not a stunner either.

I would have preferred to see someone like Han Hye-jin play Deok-man.

Guest tchq90

The only thing that's really missing from this drama is an outstandingly attractive female. Go is a bit old (and I never thought she was that pretty anyways), and I find Lee Yo Won neither a great actress nor a beauty. Park Ye-jin is a decent (but not an outstanding) actress, but she's not a stunner either.

I agree totally with your opinions about Go Hyun Jung and Park Ye Jin. I found neither attractive nor beautiful.

Guest dramaok

The white or mixed-looking dude who played the Roman guy? Yes, his Korean was pretty good.

I agree totally with your opinions about Go Hyun Jung and Park Ye Jin. I found neither attractive nor beautiful.

park yejin is not attractive? really? i always thought everyone thought she was attractive. she has a cute face and a great figure. perfect combo. just the voice is bleh.

i like her, but i have to say i am not a huge huge fan of hers either. she is a great actress but she doesn't really have total stunning screen presence like Han Hye-jin did as Soseono.

and i confess i'm kind of an antifan of Lee yowon. i find her masculine looking but little girl-like in her acting. >< been avoiding her dramas for a long time.

and ditto on Go hyeonjeong. she is not a stunner nor an esteemed actress for her craft. though her age-defying skin is to be jealoused for sure.

YET i find myself getting addicted to this drama. i think it's that good! (well so far! all 4 episodes. hee knock on wood)

and maybe i will be big fans of GHJ and LYW at the end of this. like i turned around 100% for Ha Jiwon from Damo.

i'm already half-way there with GHJ> i'm already rooting for this drama to be a huge success, and she can win some award and give a moving speech and a shout out to her kids.

i can already picture it. she should win something for this if she keeps this up.

my only complaint is there are no hot males to drool over. but ist ok.

p.s. is soseono ever coming back to sageuk world? she is so stunning and fun to watch in sageuk setting.

just read the ep. 3-4 review on mainsite. LOL. had a good laugh and learned something new.

thx! looking forward to future reviews.

Guest MisterX

Han Hye-Jin? 제중원, after Dream. With Park Yong-Woo. Should be quite good, if SBS actually lets its personnel complete a sageuk without playing table tennis with timeslots and extensions/reductions. Has the writer of White Tower and the PD of Scales of Providence/Gangnam Mom, so it has potential.

Guest MisterBarca

park yejin is not attractive? really? i always thought everyone thought she was attractive. she has a cute face and a great figure. perfect combo. just the voice is bleh.

i like her, but i have to say i am not a huge huge fan of hers either. she is a great actress but she doesn't really have total stunning screen presence like Han Hye-jin did as Soseono.

and i confess i'm kind of an antifan of Lee yowon. i find her masculine looking but little girl-like in her acting. >< been avoiding her dramas for a long time.

and ditto on Go hyeonjeong. she is not a stunner nor an esteemed actress for her craft. though her age-defying skin is to be jealoused for sure.

YET i find myself getting addicted to this drama. i think it's that good! (well so far! all 4 episodes. hee knock on wood)

and maybe i will be big fans of GHJ and LYW at the end of this. like i turned around 100% for Ha Jiwon from Damo.

i'm already half-way there with GHJ> i'm already rooting for this drama to be a huge success, and she can win some award and give a moving speech and a shout out to her kids....

p.s. is soseono ever coming back to sageuk world? she is so stunning and fun to watch in sageuk setting.

Park Ye-jin does not have "a great figure," at least by my standards. I like them thin and thinner, and Park is a bit stocky.

I agree with you on Lee all the way.

I never thought Go was a good actress, but she has been surprisingly good so far. I haven't seen a villainess role this well-acted in a sa-guek since perhaps Kang Soo-yun in "Women's World."

I think Ha Ji-won is just terrible as an actress.

Finally, Han He-jin is considering a role as a translator in an upcoming historical drama. Even if she decides to turn down that role, I am sure she will in the near future.

My fantasy is to see her and Jeon In-hwa in the same ga-guek (perhaps as a mother-in-law and daughter-in-law) before Jeon becomes too old and wrinkly! :)

Han Hye-Jin? 제중원, after Dream. With Park Yong-Woo. Should be quite good, if SBS actually lets its personnel complete a sageuk without playing table tennis with timeslots and extensions/reductions. Has the writer of White Tower and the PD of Scales of Providence/Gangnam Mom, so it has potential.

She hasn't decided to take the role yet.

Guest MisterX

She hasn't decided to take the role yet.

그냥 언플이지, 새삼스럽긴. Nobody says "yes" until they sign the papers, but it's 80% sure. They've been talking to her about this since Lee Gi-Won completed the pre-treatment draft, and that was mid-2008, when Spotlight was airing. Unless there's some serious issue getting in between (management related), I doubt she'll turn it down.

Archived