Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bonitagirlx

does anyone know any good mystery games on DS? i really would like to play one of those detective games but am cluluess

Guest Nobody?

Nintendo DSi

Features

* Enlarged screen (17% bigger at 3.25 inches)

* Reduced size (about 12% thinner)

* Camera function built-in (640x480)

* SD memory card slot (Allows you to save pictures and display them on the Wii™)

* Built-in browser function

* Built-in music playback function

* Download and store games on your SD card (Japan only!)

* Plays all Nintendo DS™ games!

* Does NOT support Gameboy™ Advance anymore!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9h-49-en-70-3163.html

Guest RS Trax

WiiWare

Midnight Bowling™ (Gameloft, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Plunge directly into the trendy and electric atmosphere of Midnight Bowling. With awesome playing sensations, prepare for ultra-fun gaming thanks to a new physics engine that lets you control your throws precisely and easily with your Wii Remote™ controller and make spectacular spins that will impress your opponents. Face up to three friends in the fun party mode, where your playing abilities will be put to the test. Whatever your experience level, launch yourself into the immersive career mode, where you will play in the trendiest bowling spots on the planet against charismatic characters that will give you a run for your money.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Bowling

th_madstone1.jpg

MadStone (Riverman Media, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Time is short. Earth trembles as the forces of nature stir and grow restless. Can you turn the tide? In this dynamic puzzle game, you must clear the path for your elemental MadStones to reach the bottom of the screen. Blocks can be broken by striking them directly or by the force of falling objects. The novice tries frantically to break enough blocks, while the master sets up cascading collapses with only a handful of direct strikes. As two sides struggle for domination, titanic forces build, only to be unleashed in an earth-shaking final confrontation. Experience the mystical single-player journey, or challenge a friend in competitive two-player mode.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MadStone

YouTube Trailer:

Downloadable Content:

th_WinTV2K2008-10-0612-22-10-14.png

We’re proud to announce that the first of the Downloadable Content packs for Mega Man 9 will be available this week. Here’s the run down on what’s coming out.

Endless Attack (300pts) – Test your skills on a stage without end. Try to break the record for getting the farthest. Results will be displayed in the Rankings page. Not compatible with other Challenges.

Proto Man Mode (200pts) - Play the game as Proto Man. Some of Proto Man’s abilities may differ from Mega Man’s. Proto Man has the Charge Shot ability, Power Slide ability, and a shield that he can utilize to deflect bullets at enemies. However, Proto Man also takes double damage and has double bounce back when he is hit.

There is no story for Proto Man and he is not compatible with Rankings or Challenges.

Both DLC packs are available now on WiiWare Channel today (October 6th, 2008) with XBLA following on October 7th, and PSN releasing October 9th.

Virtual Console

mario_golf.jpg

Mario Golf™ (Nintendo 64™, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Mario™ takes a well-deserved break from his role as the Mushroom Kingdom’s busiest hero and returns to the links for some world-class golfing action. Since no one likes to hit the fairways alone, he’s brought along a group of friends—both familiar characters and brand new ones. Choose from 10 different modes of play and six 18-hole courses in a variety of environments for a golfing experience with endless replay value. Add in fun, colorful graphics with a Mario touch (a Boo indicates wind direction), intuitive controls, incredibly deep game play and multiplayer support (taunt your opponents), and you have a game anyone will enjoy—even if you’ve never played a round of golf. Fore!

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Golf

shforce1.gif

Shining Force™ II (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone—Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): It’s a dark and stormy night in the kingdom of Granseal when a thief steals two jewels from the Tower of the Ancients. He sets in motion strange events that lead to the resurrection of Zeon, the Devil King. Granseal’s king falls sick, the princess is kidnapped, and a door to Arc Valley, the Devil King’s home, is opened. The young swordsman, Bowie, realizing the grave danger Granseal faces, must lead the Shining Force to find the Holy Sword and the stolen jewels, and protect Granseal against the invading armies of Zeon.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_Force_II

Wii

NBA Live 09 All-Play Official Website; IGN; Wiki

Army Men Soldiers Of Misfortune IGN

Crash: Mind Over Mutant IGN

Game Party 2 IGN

Ten Pin Alley 2

Nintendo DS

Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals Official Website; IGN; Wiki

Animal Paradise IGN

Bleach Dark Souls Official Website; IGN; Wiki

Crash: Mind Over Mutant IGN

Imagine Babysitters IGN

Imagine Fashion Designer New York IGN

The Legend Of Kage 2 Official Japanese Website; IGN; Wiki

Prey The Stars Official Website; IGN; Wiki

-------------

IGN's Nintendo 64 Week

Day Three: http://retro.ign.com/articles/915/915214p1.html

and Day Four: http://retro.ign.com/articles/915/915727p1.html

-------------

BBL, I'll go play some more Proto Man.

// Roth

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

just read on ds fanboy that the new DSi is going to be region locked :[

all of us who don't live in asia will have to wait til next spring before we can get our hands on a DSi.

a comparison picture of the DSi & DS lite

credits ds fanboy

dsi-002020202020-cg-main99.jpg

does anyone know any good mystery games on DS? i really would like to play one of those detective games but am cluluess

^How about Time Hollow? It's a new detective-like game. :D

i second time hollow. i just finished the game recently. it was pretty easy but i liked the idea of the game.

maybe phoenix wright games and trace memory

ive never played before but how about hotel dusk? or unsolved crimes? you play a detective solving a murder mysteries

Guest whitstar

Try 'Unsolved Crimes', it's pretty good, even though

the game title sounds a little cheesy!

Guest RS Trax

WiiWare

cubello_wiiware.jpg

Art Style: CUBELLO (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Art Style: CUBELLO mixes the strategy and feel of a traditional puzzle game with the precision and reflexes required in a shooter. As each stage begins, various colored cubes form into one large object called a Cubello, which floats and rotates as you play. Launch additional cubes from your magazine and try to connect four or more of the same color, removing them from the Cubello and eventually leaving only its core. Take on the challenge of either Stage or Endless mode and watch what happens when Bonus Time is activated. The straightforward controls and goal ensure that anyone can play, while offering enough depth that even advanced players will find themselves quickly addicted to the unique world of Art Style: CUBELLO.

CUBELLO is the second installment to the Art Style series. This game is based on another game titled Coloris, part of the bit Generations series.

Here's my game footage of the game including Tutorial and the first two stages:

I'm loving every bit of this game. It reminds of the time I was addicted to Tetrisphere [N64].

wog_t4.jpg

World of Goo (2D Boy, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone—Comic Mischief, 1,500 Wii Points): World of Goo is an award-winning, physics-based puzzle/construction game made entirely by two guys. Grab living, squirming, talking globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins and giant tongues. The millions of Goo Balls that live in the beautiful World of Goo are curious to explore—but they don’t know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner, and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone’s Goo building opportunities equally.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Goo

Vimeo Trailer: http://vimeo.com/1870125

Official Website: http://2dboy.com/games.php

Virtual Console

mana.gif

SECRET OF MANA (Super NES™, 1-3 players, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, 800 Wii Points): Good and evil battle for a young warrior’s heart. There is one force in the universe that keeps good and evil in perfect balance. It is called the tree of Mana. But a magic sword has tricked a young warrior into upsetting this balance, spreading evil throughout the land. Thus, the warrior must undertake a dangerous journey to find the seeds of the Mana tree, which have been hidden for centuries. Only then can perfect harmony be restored. In this incredible adventure, things are not as they seem. Magic swords release evil as well as fight it. Treasure chests hold booby traps. Monsters are friends and friends are enemies. Potions give power, black magic takes it away. Dragons fly, weapons change. It’s a world turned upside down that you must help the warrior make right. And the only way to succeed is to solve the Secret of Mana.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_mana

large.jpg

STREET FIGHTER II’: SPECIAL CHAMPION EDITION (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen—Violence, 800 Wii Points): STREET FIGHTER II’: SPECIAL CHAMPION EDITION was the first STREET FIGHTER game released for the Sega Genesis console. The STREET FIGHTER series can be considered one of the first fighting games to popularize competitive video game fighting. This version of the game contains both the CHAMPION and HYPER rule sets, from the two editions released in the arcades. It also introduced an exclusive Group Battle mode that is now a general feature in most fighting games. Play as one of 12 different characters, each with their own distinctive fighting style. Try single-player mode or challenge a friend in this legendary, classic fighting game.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighte...hampion_Edition

YouTube - Old-School 90s Commercials:

Wii

Dokapon Kingdom Official Website; IGN; Wiki

Boogie Superstar IGN

Avatar Into The Inferno (Last Of The Airbender) IGN

Bratz: Girlz Really Rock! IGN

Littlest Pet Shop IGN

Tak and The Guardian Of Gross IGN

Nintendo DS

FIFA Soccer 09 IGN; Wiki

Naruto: Path Of The Ninja 2 IGN

Battle of Giants Dinosaurs IGN

Bratz: Girlz Really Rock! IGN

Cesar Millan's The Dog Whisperer IGN

Littlest Pet Shop Garden IGN

Littlest Pet Shop Jungle IGN

Littlest Pet Shop Winter IGN

My Japanese Coach IGN

Rock Revolution Official Website; IGN; Wiki

Smart Boy's Toy Club IGN

Smart Girl's Party Games IGN

Smart Kid's Party Fun Pak IGN

// Roth

Guest simpleandpink

I beat Time Hollow in like 3 days XD I liked it, but I almost felt like I was led along a lot. There's not a lot for you to do other than click around and draw holes once in awhile. The story sort of effed with my mind a little though haha. You'll probably get into it and start saying things like, "Oh god. What happened now?!" I liked it though :]

Currently plodding my way through Princess Debut. I don't really like it, but, ugh, it's the only dating sim :[ Aren't there any good DS dating sims in English? (I want to play Tokimeki, etc. but I am lacking in the Japanese-understanding department haha)

I totally want a DSi. Did you hear they might not even release it in the US until late 2009? Because NoA wants to keep riding the DS Lite wave x_x But...hopefully they'll release in pink ;] I'm kind of excited about the camera capabilities. The fact that there's one on the inside hinge totally opens up the possibility for EyeToy-like games. The only thing the DS is missing now is phone capabilities...wait...

Also: Club Nintendo in America. I can not wait. *looks at large collection of Wii and DS games* >__<

Guest ix3katz

^ oo i'll try time hollow when i have time

i started princess debut as well (haha well i just got to the first save point)

it seems a little kid-like... how you're led along and stuff. + storyline

the idea seems interesting though..will keep playing

also started playing prey the stars.... lol it's such a weird game. so far it's pretty easy

i like games where you can customize your character and eat everything xD (kinda like me and my katamari cept it's eating not rolling haha)

Guest amydien

Im currently playing Mahjongg.....I find this game quite disappointing.

Can somebody tell me if this game lets you play the "actual" mahjong game? Because all I've been doing is matching pairs of tiles and that's not how I thought mahjong is supposed to be played. :(

Lmao I must be retarded or something..

But in Time Hollow, like in the beginning where Vin's sister Ashley is lost, what do I do?

When I get to the bike rack place in front of the Chronos coffee house and I try to use the pen it doesn't work because it says I don't have everything yet.

I don't know what I'm missing though cause I've been to every place and talked to everyone already..

Help x_x

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^are you sureeee you talked to everyone?

heres some tips. i hid them incase you want to figure it out on your own

did you go to the school yet?

did you talk to the new girl yet? i forgot her name, the girl with purple hair

you're supposed to go the school, go into the hallway near classrooms, there will be a note on the message board to your left. tap it and go from there :] good luck!

you're supposed to go the school, go into the hallway near classrooms, there will be a note on the message board to your left. tap it and go from there :] good luck!

Ahh thanks! I never noticed the note :ph34r:

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^your welcome. :]

phoenix wright fans! look at

its the gyakuten kenji (prosecutor edgeworth) trailer with english subtitles :D

im so excited for this lol

another game that im looking forward to is ni no kuni: the another world

just because anything by studio ghibli is love <3

plus the idea of a custom spellbook that's specific to the copy of the game is awesome.

i just might have to buy this game lol

picture of spellbook

c: dsfanboy.com

spellbook_ninokuni_002.jpg

spellbook_ninokuni_003.jpg

Guest justwildbeat

Hahaha the Time Hollow story certainly was interesting needless to say. Rah I got so angry at the evil dude near the end that I really wish I could shove him into a time hollow to a Cretaceous era. However I felt the extremely short gameplay was a let down as I finished it easily within a day. The trick to all of these puzzle games is to talk to EVERYONE. Their linear storylines often won't progress unless you talked to most of the characters and gathered all of the "needed" information even though YOU as the player already know what to do.

^Also there are many forums around the internet that help people identify fakes like this: Fake R4DS

Just do some research before purchasing because while those cheap cards are attractive they may not work properly or may even harm your DS. So I say shell out the money for the real one, as it's a great investment that'll pay off soon enough.

may i ask what the average price for an r4 is?

cus i found one online for $17.99 -.-

http://www.itechextreme.com/product_details.php?pid=3

is it real? cus the price seems a bit too cheap :ph34r:

Supposedly all R4s now sold on the market are fake (clones), so be careful, especially at that price.

From what I know, the real R4s are no longer in production and the firmware is no longer supported either.

I suggest looking into another flashcart altogether.

I've heard positive things about the Acekard 2, and they are usually sold for a pretty good price.

It does everything the R4 does, and even plays some games the R4 can't. Plus, most importantly, it is still supported.

Also, if you don't mind spending a bit of money, the CycloDS is probably the best flashcart out right now.

EDIT: Actually, I don't recommend you buy anything from that site. I did I quick search on them and came up with this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_itechextreme.com_a_legit_site

Archived