Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest SP0NJiE

Is it worth buying a DS? I'm busy over the weekdays because of school (gahh screw high school >_<) and can only play on weekends. Will it take over my time? A total waste of money? :) Suggestions please.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kazen88

^Totally not a waste of time and money. Totally not a waste of time and money. Totally not a waste of time and money.

There was no need to repeat it three times. I dunno, I got a DS when it first came out. Not once have I considered the DS to be a mistake to buy and have.

Guest dopemills

The variety of games available are just awesome!

My DS lite is with me for 1 year + and running.

No regrets! I still play on it almost all the time. ^^

Guest monchichi

Is it worth buying a DS? I'm busy over the weekdays because of school (gahh screw high school >_<) and can only play on weekends. Will it take over my time? A total waste of money? :) Suggestions please.Is it worth buying a DS? I'm busy over the weekdays because of school (gahh screw high school >_<) and can only play on weekends. Will it take over my time? A total waste of money? :) Suggestions please.Is it worth buying a DS? I'm busy over the weekdays because of school (gahh screw high school >_<) and can only play on weekends. Will it take over my time? A total waste of money? :) Suggestions please.

Hehe, the errors suck don't they? Mucks up everyone's posts!

Anyway, maybe you should look at what kind of games are available on either the DS and the PSP before you decide? If most of the games you want to play are on the PSP, then get the PSP. Similarly, if most of the games you want to play are on the DS, get the DS.

Just google up a games list.

As for me, I've had no regrets buying the DS because it has all the games I like and want to play, whereas the PSP never interested me at all.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

Is it worth buying a DS? I'm busy over the weekdays because of school (gahh screw high school >_<) and can only play on weekends. Will it take over my time? A total waste of money? :) Suggestions please.

i think its worth it if you like the type of games the DS has

i play it all the time & im in college LOL. (&nope im not a freshman either)

i have to say it DOES take over your time haha.

it depends on how much self control you have :]

Guest vividified

Thinking of purchasing the Wifi USB card.... my questions are:

a. Do you need a wireless router also?

b. Is it worth it?

o_o I'm quite clueless when it comes to these things...

a. if you had a wireless router you wouldnt need a wifi usb card in the first place

so the answer is no

b. only if you play the games that use wi fi

Guest monchichi

a. if you had a wireless router you wouldnt need a wifi usb card in the first place

so the answer is no

b. only if you play the games that use wi fi

Thanks. I bought one last night :D

Guest ix3katz

Does anyone know to to defeat the dragon ? in drawn to life?

lol it's quite easy

after you get through the first part

you just keep shooting it with snowballs

when the dragon falls on the floor (he faints) ...you pound on him (jump + down)

Guest vividified

lol it's quite easy

after you get through the first part

you just keep shooting it with snowballs

when the dragon falls on the floor (he faints) ...you pound on him (jump + down)

:D ooo yay pass it thank you

Guest srenity

so i preordered Phoenix wright(3). and i was disappointed to find out the phoenix plush was not included as a freebie when you preorder with gamestop. (it was kinda the only reason i preordered the game)

do you guys think i should keep or return it? (i finished the game btw)

Guest RS Trax

The following is a portion of my Wii News & Updates post..

^NOICE~! Ah man, I'm still waiting for mine. But I recently got my special box of styli collection after registering Brain Age 2. I'm also waiting for my Zelda quill styli after reg. of Phantom Hourglass.

------------------

Netherlands-based developer Engine Software announced its status as an official Wii developer.

No Wii projects are currently in the works, but the Engine Software intends to explore the possibilities for retail and WiiWare games. The company will also attempt to recreate its key technology on Wii, including the licensable Music & Sound Replayer already available for Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS.

Engine Software, established in 1995, is the Netherlands' longest-running game developer. The studio has worked on Nintendo platforms since the Super NES and been involved with over 60 published titles.

www.engine-software.com

-----------------

Satoru Iwata has also unveiled plans to introduce new functionality to Japanese Wii owners next spring, TV Guide Channel. Although Nintendo did not provide official titles for said functionality, users will gain access to a television schedule channel and have the ability to send downloaded games to friends for free.

The television schedule channel will act as an interactive guide that helps people plan out their TV watching. No word on the channel costing any Wii Points.

Wii owners will be able to send downloaded games to their registered friends as free gifts. When the recipient accepts, the Wii Shop Channel will automatically launch and begin the download. "We think this will be a breakthrough in encouraging customers to spread news of fun games word of mouth," Iwata said. "We also hope to spur more users to connect their [Wii consoles] to the Internet."

Iwata did not state if these new functions will become available outside of Japan.

Source (Google translated)

----------------

Speaking of TVs, if anyone remembers there will be a Digital TV Tuner for the DS.

Set for Japanese release on 11/20 at a price of 6,800 yen, the tuner will be formally known as "1seg Receiver Adapter DS Television." It attaches to the DS software slot, and has rotatable antenna unit sticking out from the top. It will be compatible with both the standard DS and DS Lite.

imgAbout01.jpg

Video footage is displayed in a 256 x 192 format, a bit lower than the 320 x 240 format of the 1seg spec.

Source: IGN

Official website: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/unsj/index.html

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Digital_TV_Tuner

----------------

MegaMan Star Force 2 [DS] gameplay footage:

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword [DS] gameplay footage:

BWii (Battalian Wars II) [Wii] gameplay footage:

----------------

BRB, I gotta go pick up a couple of games that's out today (BWii and Manhunt 2). I'll add more when I get back..

----------------

A Japanese source has confirmed to Edge magazine that the upcoming Wii iteration of Animal Crossing is set to be a social networking MMO.

Also, Nintendo is planning on releasing an official DS Flash Card which will allow users to initially play Game Boy and Game Boy Color games (via Slot-2 on the Nintendo DS) and maybe even more later on; in hopes to gain control of homebrew and piracy. Read more @

Source

----------------

Catch up on my previous Wii (+DS) News & Updates at my Xanga blog

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

there has been a lot of good games coming out for the ds lately.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

Mega Man ZX Advent English

Tengen Toppa - the box art looks awesome

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - there was an anime series for this

Naruto: Path of the Ninja - another naruto english game this quick? lol

Front Mission - i heard good stuff about this series

Guest taehyunee

wow, I went thru almost all the pages in here. lol....

Im pretty new to this. my bf got me into it. but I recently got a ds lite and i read thru the R4 cartridge.

just wondering, has anybody has problems, such as system crash when they are using the R4? any damage to the DS itself

at all? cause data lost I can handle, but I dont want it to damage my DS if something crash. just checking to see if there's

potential hardware problems. other than that, I think im gonna get a R4, too. =).

(I hope it hasnt been asked! >_<!)

Guest Take Five

Tengen Toppa - the box art looks awesome

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - there was an anime series for this

these games are pretty playable even when you don't know a word of japanese. it is a bit frustrating though. i don't have much of an idea about what certain things do and i'm sure i'm missing out on things(like the voice command function in code geass that i didn't even know about until i read the gamefaqs board). at least i know the story for both games so it doesn't matter that i can't read any of the cutscene text lol.

Archived