F4 2nd Teaser Pg 96

Guest virvir111

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killjadeskye

seesm so exciting! Not really excited bout the main 4 casts though..

Jandi looks cute n innocent, fits her role I guess..

I like An Seok Hwan and Han Chae Young and Kim HyunJoo...oh n the evil woman..hahah

Guest .moony.

^ i dont know about that.

the Japanese Rui set the standard REALLY HIGH.

hyunjoong has a LOT to work on to fit this role.

Uh I don't think so. Japanese Rui was nothing like Rui from the manga. So I agree with alius, this Rui is the best one I've seen. Just hope he can deliver.

Guest nicholchau

well, in Taiwanese and Japanese version, I always love Rui best.

it's the same this time. Go Hyunjoong <3

I think the Japanese Rui isn't that bad.

though the original manga is always the best.

Guest ochibi_chwan

Uh I don't think so. Japanese Rui was nothing like Rui from the manga. So I agree with alius, this Rui is the best one I've seen. Just hope he can deliver.

I think this Rui looks the PRETTIEST so far, but Oguri Shun's portrayal of Rui in the Japanese HYD fitted my perception of what Rui should be perfectly. Cold, quiet, but still sweet. Oguri Shun was born to act, whereas HyunJoong is an idol turned actor. Nonetheless, I trust the PD's decision on him and hopefully he can pull through with a perfect (or at least decent) portrayal of Rui. ...if he doesn't...then it would still be enjoyable just watching him act in all his gorgeous glory.

i haven't read the manga, so i dont know what the rui looked like in the manga...but comparing a manga character with a live person is a little off.

when i said "set the standard high" I was talking more about the acting.

oguri shun did an AWESOME job with his acting and was still charmingly handsome while he acted.

even though hyunjoong is the prettiest Rui out of the three, if his acting is awkward and he can't deliver the idea of Rui we already have in our heads from the previous Boys Over Flower series, there will be a lot of criticism for this drama, especially since he is a one of the central characters

ie: song hye gyo being criticized for bad acting in Worlds Within + low ratings for the drama despite high expections before the drama aired.

I really hope hyunjoong has what it takes, other than his pretty face :]

Guest subdwfreaky

wah...about all this Rui arguement....

if you guys wanna say either 'this' rui or 'that' rui is the best.

i suggest read the manga. now 'that' is the real rui.

i haven't watch japanese one, but i felt that taiwanese version isn't that bad although they're bashed quite a lot. taiwanese one(talking bout the whole thing, not just rui) followed a lot of stuffs from the manga(except for school uniform...huhu). which is quite..impressive i guess even if the acting isn't 'that' great.

i think it's very unfair to judge on hyunjoong is 'good/the best' just cuz he got the looks/being your favourite guy.

or hyunjoong is 'bad/worst', just cuz he's an idol turn actor or ironically cuz of his looks as well.

actually, i'm gettin' tired of all the comparing and saying this actor should be like so n so......or whatnot,

different actors work to different scripts n different productions, unless all production vowed to stay 110% to the manga, which didn't happen n isn't necessary anyway.

they're not even acting as the exact same character....why the unnecessary comparison?

those kinda 'comparison' is kinda a subtle bashing (the way i see it lol), and happened way too much that it kinda annoys.

how bout enjoying what you can see at the moment,

and save the 'judgement' thingy after we get to watch the drama(and better...go read the manga)

anyway, not here to start a fight.

thanks for the updates.

i'll drop the whole rui comparisons since people are getting so defensive over it... but yeah.

<_< defensive? lol. that ain't defensive. that was just talking some 'common sense'.

Guest kanako28

thanks for the news! i'm so excited to watch this. i don't know the girl who plays Makino but i hope she'll do a good job!

yay for Han Chae Young playing Shizuka, this lady is gorgeous =))

Guest virvir111

i haven't read the manga, so i dont know what the rui looked like in the manga...but comparing a manga character with a live person is a little off.

when i said "set the standard high" I was talking more about the acting.

oguri shun did an AWESOME job with his acting and was still charmingly handsome while he acted.

even though hyunjoong is the prettiest Rui out of the three, if his acting is awkward and he can't deliver the idea of Rui we already have in our heads from the previous Boys Over Flower series, there will be a lot of criticism for this drama, especially since he is a one of the central characters

ie: song hye gyo being criticized for bad acting in Worlds Within + low ratings for the drama despite high expections before the drama aired.

I really hope hyunjoong has what it takes, other than his pretty face :]

um u DO KNOW THAT. the drama is BASED on the MANGa.. RIGHT?lol. obviously ppl are going to be comparing the characters in the drama to the manga characters.. n the person was comparing the rui character played by that japanese guy to the manga. imo didnt find that dude to be the best actor or the face. .lol.

that drama about song hye gyo is off topic. ppl please stay on topic. n lets try NOT to compare TOOO MUCH with the other 2 drama makes of the manga.

Guest flower pot

I have always believed that Hyun Joong is one artist who really dedicates himself to his craft... Seeing all of his videos pre-debut wherein he was shown working himself to the point of exhaustion just to be able to deliver an awesome performance for his fans, i'm sure he would be putting himself 100% into his role as Yoon Ji Ho...

Hyun Joong is also not a newbie in the drama arena since he was already casted as William in a not so well known sitcom/family drama last 2005 entitled "Can Love Be Refilled?"

refill01.jpg

But if there's still any doubt in anyone's mind that Hyun Joong can pull off the quiet, reserved, heartbroken Lei/Rui, i suggest that you watch this MV that he made for Eru... I thought he is really good acting wise and given the right director, i'm sure he'd be able to wow and surprise us once HYD comes out...

Take the time to watch him in this vid... I know he can pull off Rui...

eru-blackglasses04.jpg

blackglassesmn5.jpg

HYUN JOONG FIGHTING!

Guest goodnessgracious

is it me or HyunJoong is the most STAND OUT out of all the guys, yeah i know his character suppose to be good looking but in japanese+taiwan vers, Rui aint that great. but here he's hot, and fit so well with the character, and he's the only reason i am anticipate to this drama. Cant wait

Joongbo hi5

Look-wise yes, Hyun Joong is more attractive. But Oguri Shun is a bloody good actor, Hyun Joong will have to try very hard because Shun's Rui was AMAZING. I wouldn't say that HJ is a perfect Rui until I actually see him acting.

um u DO KNOW THAT. the drama is BASED on the MANGa.. RIGHT?lol. obviously ppl are going to be comparing the characters in the drama to the manga characters.. n the person was comparing the rui character played by that japanese guy to the manga. imo didnt find that dude to be the best actor or the face. .lol.

that drama about song hye gyo is off topic. ppl please stay on topic. n lets try NOT to compare TOOO MUCH with the other 2 drama makes of the manga.

no need to get sarcastic with me. lol

the person was comparing manga rui and japanese/taiwanese rui BASED ON LOOKS (at least thats what i got from it, and i talked about how the acting bar has been set high.

and I dont think the example of song hyegyo is off topic. i was just using her as an example of what COULD happen to hyunjoong in this drama: pretty faces can STILL get criticized harshly, no matter how PERFECTLY they fit the character's image.

Look-wise yes, Hyun Joong is more attractive. But Oguri Shun is a bloody good actor, Hyun Joong will have to try very hard on because Shun's Rui was AMAZING. I wouldn't say that HJ is a perfect Rui until I actually see him acting.

^ that is all I was saying.

Maybe I got a little defensive over the Japanese Rui because he was my fav. character in HYD and I thought he was awesome.

But whatever.

I think hyunjoong LOOKS like a great Rui, and i'm excited for the drama nonetheless.

i just worry he won't be able to deliver, since all the hype is around his character more than the others

i'll drop the whole rui comparisons since people are getting so defensive over it... but yeah.

Guest .moony.

no need to get sarcastic with me. lol

the person was comparing manga rui and japanese/taiwanese rui BASED ON LOOKS (at least thats what i got from it, and i talked about how the acting bar has been set high.

Uh, I didn't compare them BASED ON LOOKS (where did you get that from?) I was talking more about the acting of Oguri Shun (of course in the looks department he also looks nothing like Rui O.o I think that's a fact no one even needs to mention lol.)

Oguri Shun was good in this other movie I watched which I forgot the name of (about 4-5 idol fans gathering to discuss about the idol's death) and I've seen him in some dramas.

But in Japanese HYD, he was nothing like the manga Rui. He looks cold and arrogant. Rui in the manga just doesn't talk much and he's the kind who daydreams a lot. He's reserved, aloof, and sweet. Oguri Shun's Rui is just the typical cold, handsome guy who occasionally throws in a hot smirk, like the one you see in a lot of Jdramas. Actually even the Taiwanese Rui can give off the "I'm lonely" vibe more than him. Oguri Shun's Rui was more like "I'm a hot mysterious guy".

I don't see why you can say he's the best Rui when you haven't even read the manga, and not even know characteristics of the "real" Rui. :unsure: Its fine if you think he's your best Rui, but no need to say Hyun Joong can't act cuz he's an idol. I never knew about HJ before readin that he would be Rui in this drama, and so far from the pics he does give off that "nonchalant, lonely" vibe Rui should have so I'm quite excited.

So less with the guessing and more with the pictures plz :3333

^ Yeah, I sort of agree with you. Rui in the j-drama version did seem rather like the typical mysterious hot guy... what a lot of people who only watch the drama version don't know is the fact that the original character had Asperger's Syndrome... It's not very obvious in the j-drama version, although I know they tried to with the whole 'he doesn't eat apples anymore' thing. Rui in the manga was a whole lot quirkier/socially awkward and I felt they could've incorporated that into both the script and the character. Not to say Oguri Shun's portrayal of Rui isn't decent, however, but it was lacking something in my opinion (the perspective of a girl who was a fan of the manga first). That's why I found Rui in the manga a lot more endearing than Oguri Shun's Rui...

I only hope Hyunjoong pulls it off- I think it shouldn't be too hard for him because essentially, he's a lot more alike irl to Rui than Oguri Shun was (i.e socially awkward, being 4D). All he has to do is be a lot more reclusive, cooler version of himself, so... xD

lol i think the dress for high school girl is too short

Haha, a lot of people complain about that... I also wish jandi's skirt was a little longer, but apparently they're trying to stick to the manga...

http://img2.dcinside.com/viewimage.php?id=...0b789429febfc56

lol knew this was bound to happen

1- I am sorry but to play rui... MAJOR acting skills are not needed.. rui does like nothing... all he does is be silent and be smexy. I am not bashing any of the actors since i thought oguri and vic both did good jobs. But come on.. no one will win any major awards playing that character. HJ looks the part and i really hope his acting has improved, but i would be more worried about the Tsukasa dude, since he has the major pressure. Weather u love him or hate him Matsujun's portrayal of Tsukasa was impressive and he made the character come alive.

2- To watch the drama no one should be required to read the manga. Manga's are not for everyone and u can enjoy a drama based on a manga without no problems. Thats like saying u have to read all of the books from the movies that have been based on books.

3- I will watch this drama forgetting about the manga and the past versions of it. If i don't do that i know i will find stuff to compare with and i will not fully enjoy it. So lets just see how it comes out.

Archived