F4 2nd Teaser Pg 96

Guest virvir111

Guest .moony.

^ I think I'm one of the few who still think YEH is a terrible actress T_T. She so over-acted in Goong and coffee prince. I cringe everytime she's on screen making all kinds of faces. Love her as a singer in Baby Vox but her acting just kills me.

ROFL are you serious? Her brother's name is Geum KangSan? Oh my goodness, that's the name of a famous mountain in Korea T_T and there's a few branches of a Korean restaurant here in NYC called GeumKangSan... -____-

Lol don't you mean Kum Gang San restaurants in NYC? Or maybe there's a geum kang san restarant i dunno about x.x

I dont think they r gonna translate it literally like "Hey Grass!!" LOL They usually just leave the name of the characters alone, so no worries ^^

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Katxdbsk

^ I think I'm one of the few who still think YEH is a terrible actress T_T. She so over-acted in Goong and coffee prince. I cringe everytime she's on screen making all kinds of faces. Love her as a singer in Baby Vox but her acting just kills me.

XD I guess I'm one of those few people that are not big fan of YEH's acting. Hi~~ lol

Anyways, on topic, I agree with the people that say the actor has to work his butt off for Domyoji's character. I adore Jun and the rest of the Japanese version's cast, so i guess i have really high expectation for this drama. Since i never read the manga before, and im not planning on reading it since it's too long, imo, Shun is a really good Rui, he's has that charming and calm aura, and also cuz im biased XD.

Oh, they annouced the person who's playing Yuki. Never heard of her before though...but can't wait for the interactions between Yuki(Ga Eul) and Sojiro(Yi Jung). <---Honestly, that's all I'm waiting for. ><"

Hmm it's gonna take awhile before I get used to the korean names.

I think Jandi is a pretty cute name though. I don't know Korean, but it just sounds cute...XD

Guest mika.16

lol some ppl are getting WAY too defensive in here.

lets just enjoy the photos and news and get hyped up for the drama! i cant wait!

as for the bizarre names, jandi, geum kangsan etc, korean 'cute' dramas usually have unique names. it makes it alot more fun!

i cant wait!

Annyeonghaeseyo Jandi imida LOL!

Man Koreans are the funniest people when comes to making up stuff.

---

Whatever happened to coming to Australia?

Hmm, maybe sometime during the drama.

Thank God the drama isn't gonna broadcast during my holiday in December but January instead.

JunPyo is so cute, though that won't be any good for the drama.

I'm excited to see if he can pull off the cocky richard simmons.hole personality.

- Lenaa

Guest jimin25

I am waiting in anticipation for this release. Let's wait and see the outcome. Give them guys some cheering on. I'm sure they are able to pull off their own individual role and put up a good show for everyone. Lets have some confidence in them.

Guest iluvyooh

I can not wait to see this.

I've already seen the japanese and chinese one. =)

I wonder what twists they would do.

outta all asian dramas I love korean and thai dramas most.

--deedeethao

Guest shinirza

Oh, they annouced the person who's playing Yuki. Never heard of her before though...but can't wait for the interactions between Yuki(Ga Eul) and Sojiro(Yi Jung). <---Honestly, that's all I'm waiting for. ><"

I think Jandi is a pretty cute name though. I don't know Korean, but it just sounds cute...XD

me too... i am more interested in gaeul-yijung story... i hope the korean version will have more story on them.. and with a good ending too...

the girl playing Yuki is in this CF.

i'm pretty sure it's her.

haha shes so cute

Guest dankyung

i'm kinda late, i'vebeen wanting to look in this thread but i kept forgetting. rofl. but wow casting is soooo good. HAN CHAEYOUNG. i always thought shewould play the perfect role as rui's love. omfg LOL (: i'm so excited.

Guest xdaisiesx3

Lol don't you mean Kum Gang San restaurants in NYC? Or maybe there's a geum kang san restarant i dunno about x.x

I dont think they r gonna translate it literally like "Hey Grass!!" LOL They usually just leave the name of the characters alone, so no worries ^^

Haha yeah, KeumGangSan :) It's actually the same thing (I'm not sure if you're Korean, so I'll explain) since the G sound is equivalent to the K sound in America for the Korean language. Of course, in Korea, G is G, and K is K... dang, it's hard to explain this. It's like the last name Kim, which is pronounced 'Gim' in Korea, if you get what I mean :)

Guest .moony.

^ haha oh right i got what u mean! so they r the same restaurant XD i dont know korean so i keep on spellin it as kum gang san :D

I love HCY as Shizuka too! I think like someone said in the previousp age, it's a role we all agreed on :D

WHY in the world is her name JANDI?! That literally means GRASS in Korean!

seriously where have you been? if you've seen the tai/japanese version or read the manga then you'll know why her name is JANDI. but if you still don't get it i don't mind telling you. her parents named her that because she is supposed to represent the plant "weed" not the kind of plant you're thinking of :D, but the weed plant that grows in your yard during the summer and damages your yard/garden. she is named that to show how normal and common she is but also how strong and adapative she can also be just like the plant she is named after. now do you get it? i find if cute that they named her that :lol:. though her name may mean "grass" in korean it still makes to the point as to why she's named that way.

and back to the cast members...

hrm...i don't see the guy playing as "Rui's" character but eh, maybe if i see the drama my mind would change about him. i just don't see him fitting in the role like the other two before him but w.e i'll give him a chance :D. and the guy playing Doumyoji fits the role perfectly from his appearance. it is just so weird to me that they can find someone, especially a korean who looks the role that two others had portrayed before him---> :blink: . but hoping he can match his equal appearance with his acting skills. playing the Doumyoji's role is quite challenging :D.

seriously where have you been? if you've seen the tai/japanese version or read the manga then you'll know why her name is JANDI. but if you still don't get it i don't mind telling you. her parents named her that because she is supposed to represent the plant "weed" not the kind of plant you're thinking of :D, but the weed plant that grows in your yard during the summer and damages your yard/garden. she is named that to show how normal and common she is but also how strong and adapative she can also be just like the plant she is named after. now do you get it? i find if cute that they named her that :lol:. though her name may mean "grass" in korean it still makes to the point as to why she's named that way.

I think what she meant was that for a korean, who can actually understand korean, Jandi, sounds weird.

Just like for us who can understand English; when you hear a person calling someone "grass" it sounds strange.

Guest virvir111

f4.jpg

- photoshoot pics for F4 and JANDI will be out in about 4 days..

(according to group 8's BLOG..)

not really sure what it is though.i think its a photoshoot magazine picture..

- ever heard of KOREAN MOVIE 'ANTIQUE' rumor going around that ANTIQUE's CAmera Director

will be taking over Boys over Flower too..

look it up on youtube,, its pretty amazing camera scenes..

(rumor just read on GAL. but usually GALs rumors ends up being true 99% of the time..).

edit..

i've been reading the comments from back since i havent been in here in a while.. i read some stupid but funny comments on how when ppl translate the drama it would be "grass i love" ... UH.. WHAT FOOL translator for the drama would be translating it to GRASS..????!?! they'd just put it as "jandi i love you" ...think ppls think..lol

Guest Tobemist

^ I was really excited when I heard that camera director is going to do this... I hope it's true... And I can't wait to the see the result of the photoshoot. :)

Archived