Guest NO NAME?

Guest NO NAME?

Update (12/10): BK. gets anime adaptation, FALL 2010
19675_bakuman1.jpg

Alternative title:

バクマン。 (Japanese)

爆漫王。 (Chinese (Taiwan))

Genres: comedy, drama, romance

Bakuman (バクマン。, Bakuman literally - "Burst of Laughter Man") is a shōnen manga by the creators of Death Note, Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. The manga is about two boys in 9th grade who wish to be mangaka, or manga artists. The two main characters are accomplished artist Moritaka Mashiro (真城最高, Mashiro Moritaka) and aspiring writer Akito Takagi (高木秋人, Takagi Akito).

The first chapter was released in Japan on August 11, 2008 serialized in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump. There are several references to pop culture and Japanese manga throughout it alone; among them the successful series Death Note, the previous collaboration by Ohba and Obata.

Plot Summary: Bakuman tells the story of Moritaka Mashiro, a normal high school student who doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up. One day he draws a picture of Azuki Miho, a girl he is secretly fond of, during class and forgets the notebook at school. He comes back to find a boy named Akito Takagi waiting for him with his notebook. Takagi tries to convince Mashiro to become a mangaka with him, only leading to Mashiro's disagreement. Mashiro goes home and starts to think about his uncle, who was a mangaka at one point. Mashiro is interrupted by a phone call from Takagi, who says that he is going to tell Azuki that Mashiro likes her. Mashiro runs down to Azuki's house to find Takagi waiting for him. Once Azuki comes out of the door, Takagi tells her that he and Mashiro are aiming to be mangaka. Mashiro then learns that she wants to be a seiyū and has shown promise in the field. Mashiro, once again, thinking about his uncle, accidentally proposes to Azuki. Azuki promises that she will marry him, after their dreams come true, with the condition that they must not see each other until it happens.

Volumes: 20 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=34771

Published by: Viz
Anime Episodes: 1st season: 25 + 2nd season: 25 + 3rd Season: 25

Vintage:

2008-08-11 (Japan, serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump)

2008-08-27 (Taiwan, serialized in Formosa Youth)

Official websites:

Other links:

Bakuman-bakuman-18134665-1042-790.jpg

Bakumanfull232148.jpg

bakuman_takagi_and_mashiro_by_lolyscup-d

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ~fantasygurl~

wow! i am amazed by this and serioosly???????????????????????????????? a gierl for a change caz i was tired of just seeing guys in his art caz i always wasnted yo see girls and guys!!! woot!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mirae-chan

I thought I was keeping up with this manga but apparently not? *stares at first poster's colour pic* THEIR HAIR COLOURS ARE BLUE AND BROWN/BLONDE? xD

Love the Death Note references.. was Gevanni also one? the young one on Near's SPK team, no?

• 1 month later...
Guest vincentjr

Do you think many people start reading this because they wrote Death Note beforehand?? I know I did =P

It's turning out to be a really good manga!! It is absolutely genius stuff...

In the beginning, I didn't know that the same author who created Death Note created this.

Forgot which chapter I stopped at but I love :)

--angel

• 1 month later...
Guest _GLITCH_

i LOVE THIS MANGA!!!!

The feel of the storey is a lot different from DN but I can totally see the style of the mangakas in there ^^

and I love how they do shots from weired angles esp the fish eye shots!!! lol and the kid who draws crow was freaking cool Xd ahahahahaha

Archived