[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

kekeke after reading the fancafe replies. I made the almighty kicking pandaU

having so much fun with this... hahahaha. Made it groove XP" style="width:480px;">

Lol..nikki, I saved the pic and put as my LINE's dp..kekeke..

IU at SM concert? Was that today??

Fan: When you were dueting ‘Friday’ with Niel and got into the rhythm, was that planned or unplanned? 
IU: Yes, sorry for shocking everyone. It was so shock-inducing that I’m sorry towards my own heart too..
Fan: What was the most enjoyable thing you did in the US?
IU: Impulsive wiggling.
LOL XD I love her answer. Being able to laugh at yourself is a great quality. She may think it's awkward afterwards but I think it's cute how in the moment and unguarded she was while performing. It's a sign of something genuine. I'd love to see IU let loose in a karaoke bar or on stage again haha.
Fan: ...Do you have any movie recommendations?
IU: Try watching animations! Starting with ‘http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNvVWgAE6DU’

Awesome recommendation. I've watched and loved that animated film.  Creative, imaginative, warm and innocent.
Fan: Besides ‘The Girl Who Leapt Through Time’, is there anything else worth watching???
IU: Ponyo? Howl? Up? Arrietty? Timon and Pumbaa?

OMG she's definitely a Studio Ghibli fan like me. Pixar and Disney can produce some truly amazing animated films too but I feel like their quality is not as consistent nowadays (more so Disney).

Guys and gals, Don't forget the deadline for IU's 6th Anniversary Project is nearing. Deadline is 20th August 23.59 KST.

6yo Photos submit here: http://bit.ly/submitphotoshere
Donations read and submit here: http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/private/93106389792/tumblr_n9f90ggH891qz9dac

In addition, if you have ideas on the ribbon messages, please tweet in twitter with hashtag. If you don't have twitter, leave your message here and I'll tweet them for you (Deadline 17 August 23.59 KST)
"Calling all uaenas! We need ideas for ribbon msgs for the 6th anniv rice donation. Submit your msg to IU (max 12 words) using #IU6thAnnivMsg" - squishy

Hi, I just joined this forum to ask for a little help.  I have been a big fan of IU for a couple of years and even since I found this forum, I browsed slowly from page 1 to here.  I admired those who could recognize IU's singing talent since the Mia days and those who joined in later when discovering IU's multi talents and warmth in her personality.

My request for help is this.  I found that IU had been one of the hosts in a TV program named "Ultimate Quiz Show Q", which aired its Episode 1 on 2012/8/19.  Later, it was cancelled pre-maturely together with a few other shows in MBC possibly owing to low ratings.  The articles I found from AllKpop were that the show would be aired until February 2013.  However, the last episode I found on YouTube from MBC was EP 20 on 2012/12/28.  I wish that someone who knows Korean could confirm if that was the last episode, if they know what the hosts were saying during the final few seconds.  I would try to put the link to that ep here, but I'm not sure if it works as this is my first time posting here.

mabel93 said:

Hi, I just joined this forum to ask for a little help.  I have been a big fan of IU for a couple of years and even since I found this forum, I browsed slowly from page 1 to here.  I admired those who could recognize IU's singing talent since the Mia days and those who joined in later when discovering IU's multi talents and warmth in her personality.

My request for help is this.  I found that IU had been one of the hosts in a TV program named "Ultimate Quiz Show Q", which aired its Episode 1 on 2012/8/19.  Later, it was cancelled pre-maturely together with a few other shows in MBC possibly owing to low ratings.  The articles I found from AllKpop were that the show would be aired until February 2013.  However, the last episode I found on YouTube from MBC was EP 20 on 2012/12/28.  I wish that someone who knows Korean could confirm if that was the last episode, if they know what the hosts were saying during the final few seconds.  I would try to put the link to that ep here, but I'm not sure if it works as this is my first time posting here.

@nikki89"you should look around youtube. There are plenty of high quality fancams (from different angles kekeke) that captured IU better than Mnet did."
Actually, I think I have seen most of the fancam clips.  There was one set of clips that was really impressive.  If I find one of them again I will probably post it to the relevant topic.  But there are reasons to watch each.  The sound for the Mnet official clip is closest to what the people related to the show probably want to remember.  That includes IU herself because I expect that she wants people to remember her singing more than some guy getting up to go to the . . . well. :-)
And yes, sometimes the fancams do show a better angle of a particular part of the show.  And actually, people who know me well know that I have been very critical about camera direction and editing regarding most of the K-Pop shows (too much zoominess generally -- especially when there is exceptionally good dancing and choreography).
But even this clip shows some interesting things.  For example, I wondered about the big cheer for Niel when he appeared.  I wondered if many people knew who he was?  In this clip you can see the big display showing his name when he started to sing, so yes, they knew who he was.  I did not see that in any of the fancam clips.
That brings up another question.  Since the songs were generally not new, why not put up English translations for the English speaking people to understand what singers were singing?  The two probable answers are 1. they did not think of doing it and 2. it takes time to get it done, which means somebody has to do the work.  But I think it would have helped.
[Added Later:  Also, I noticed that they minimized the "wiggle" on the Mnet edit.  I really did not find that such a big deal. . . .]
@nikki89"Also next time if you want the video to show in here, just copy and paste the share link without the hyperlink embedded (the "remove hyperlink" icon that looks like a broken magnet)"
Much thanks!  I have been too busy to ask about it, but it will be a while before I get proficient with this interface.  I will try that though.

Annyeong chingu deul,I love IU's ice bucket reactions, I get the chills just from watching her.
This is OT but has anyone seen the allegations made of KHJ, if proven to be true they say it would mean a jail term of a few years and the end of his career. I guess everyone will be watching this space.
On a happier note IU has been working hard with all her concerts and collabs, up and coming variety show appearances and as a new Host for a musical show but alas no Drama for this year methinks....huhuhu....missing her on the small screen.
Take care one and all.

As a newcomer to this forum, I feel obliged to share with everyone how I became an IU fan.  I live in Hong Kong.  (And yes, I was fortunate enough to see IU live in her last showcase here.)  Now back to the story.  Actually, I don't think Kpop is that popular in HK, as the only Kpop music program is the showing of Inkiago after 'Running Man' every Sunday afternoon.  But Korean influence is huge in TV shows, mainly drama.  That led to my regular viewing of 'Running Man' which I like every week, and then I left the TV running onto Inkiago.  Inkiago, or Kpop to me is a bunch of pretty girls waving their gorgeous body in heavy pounding beat.  Every song and every group of boys and girls on stage sound and look similar to me.  I normally flip to another channel after 5 or 10 minutes into the show. 

One day (it was about 2 or 3 years ago) when I was watching the girls dancing on stage, one strange thought came to me - If all the Korean girls are that pretty, how did they choose a girl/lady MC for the show?  So I waited until the song ended just to see the MC.  Then I saw they were a group of 2 pretty boys and one little girl, cute but ordinary looking and probably under age.  So I thought to myself, OK that's why (if you get what I mean).  A few months past and in a RM episode, I saw this singer, IU, singing in front of a hostel waking up the RM members.  Although the singing was good, I felt the RM members' response and praise to her were just exaggerated.  That prompted my curiosity to browse the Internet to find out who IU is.  It became a big surprise to me that she was not just the little girl MC I saw in Inkiago, but was already the top solo female singer with 2 mega hits.  "Good Day" was the Song of the Year before PSY's "Guangnam Style" got the same title the following year.  I started to listen to all IU's previous songs and read her history and TV shows from day one.  I just like every thing she did.

I felt that she was the role model not just for Kpop idols but for us in general.  She was determined, optimistic and yet humble.  Even with her superstar status today, she appears in public with no dark glasses, and even turns back to wave to her fans.  She's very young but I do not see any spokeman for her who would shield her from answering in the public or interviews.  She plays with her fans in her fancafe.

Regarding her talents, IU is into music, rather than K-pop.  She brings us her own compositions and also revives the values in Korean songs created by the older generation, not just by simply singing them again but by injecting new tempo and effects to make them up-to-date.  Personally, I do not like her spending too much time in acting because that would hinder her time spent in her singing career and development in composing.  (How could she have the time to learn drums, piano, Chinese and English!!) However, she has her explanations and it is her appearance in drama/TV shows that will bring her to the rest of the world.

So above is my story.  Thank you for reading.  I feel lucky to have known IU in the past two years and is a proud owner of many, if not all, her CD releases since then.   

P.S.  Poor IU took the ice bucket challenge with NO sleeve shirt.  What a girl! IU fightling.