[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

airbening said:

So I just finished reading the manhwa (I mean looking at the pictures lol) and IU's character will have a little brother who is supposed to be 22 years old. I'm excited to know who will play this role. Oh and Kim botong and her mom in the manhwa are so funny .

I was just reading something where it was talking about hair growing an 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch per month.  I was bummed out when I saw that since that would mean that it would take IU a very long to regrow her hair and I remember how much she wanted that long hair.  :(But this just showed me that she is really serious about acting.  Argh ... go IU  ... Break a leg ... uhh.... I should not have said that considering how clumsy she is sometimes ... So fighting IU!

Eng said: Guys...I'm still very excited. I'm going to IU's concert in Seoul!!! CHINCHA?! OMO OMO!! So you were able to work out a way to attend the concert after all?! CONGRATULATIONS!! I wish I could go too!!! Be sure to keep us updated, take lots of photos, and tell us all about the amazing experience!!

9jill9 said: I was just reading something where it was talking about hair growing an 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch per month.  I was bummed out when I saw that since that would mean that it would take IU a very long to regrow her hair and I remember how much she wanted that long hair.  :(But this just showed me that she is really serious about acting.  Argh ... go IU  ... Break a leg ... uhh.... I should not have said that considering how clumsy she is sometimes ... So fighting IU! It is true. IU truly loved her long hair... She always loved to talk about it too. But that really does show how dedicated IU is to the role and how much she wanted to portray the character. I think IU truly enjoys acting now and she's very naturally talented. In the end, she has definitely proven herself to be an all around entertainer - not just a singer or an idol... but truly an entertainer. :D

@Eng OMG you are sooo lucky. Are you going to Korea just for the concert?? If I wasn't that busy with work and if I lived in Asia instead of Europe I will definitely go just for the concert. Btw plss take a lot of pics for us if you can and I hope it will be a great experience. Btw are you going there alone?? Isn't squishy going too??

9jill9 said: akinahana89 said: I'm working on revamping the IU thread's first page. Want a sneak peek? Kekeke~~~

sfr3.png

Looking good but if you're looking for suggestions here's one.  How about a progression of IU from MIA to now with more emphasis on now?  Otherwise, it looks very nice.  Ty for updating it. That was my original thought, but I wanted to start from the day of IU's debut... and I couldn't find any photos of that - kind of like a one photo per debut anniversary thing.

Annyeong @Eng 2 concerts Singapore and Seoul LUCKY LUCKY YOU, I can't wait for the day I get to go to uri IU's concert.  Have lots of fun and remember everything so you can fill us in, even what and where you eat...... in other words keep a diary.....kekeke.......this way we get to enjoy it with you.

@akinahana89 you might be interested in this.........

[News] IU at the racetrack event during debut days, "Who is she?"

iu_horse_race_track_4.jpg
Photos of IU from her days in obscurity surfaced online and causing a stir amongst netizens.

On January 3rd, photos and video clips have been posted on an online community board tagged as, "Even IU had humiliating days?". A clip of her guerilla date for KBS "Entertainment Relay" has been uploaded and being compared with photos during her debut days.

iu_horse_race_track_2.jpg

IU was mobbed by hundred of fans out in the streets during her guerilla date from the end of last year, proving her incredible popularity at the present.

Meanwhile, the photos from the past way back 2009 showed IU in an event at the Gwanchun Racetrack. She was a student then, with short hair and chubbier figure. Only few people showed their interest, and some seemed more interested in the horses than her. In the video clip, other shouted, "Is she an entertainer?" and "Who is she?".

iu_horse_race_track_3.jpg
iu_horse_race_track_1.jpg

Upon seeing the video and photos, netizens commented, "Because she went through those times in obscurity, there is IU of today" and "Though it's akward, she is doing her best".

Source: kpopfever + Nate

@akinahana89 - I  love what you're doing with the re-vamp kumawo for your work, also I might be stating the obvious but if you check out google, asking for pictures or images of someone.......IU...........you may find some gems, I hope this helps.