[official Thread] Hwanyobi Couple.

Guest vietsoul

Guest rikkimargarette

Oh great, this thread moved quite a number of pages since the last time I've been here, that's good. Like everyone here, I'm very excited to see them back. This is the couple I would love to give my support too. They're fun to watch :) and I find them adorable.

To welcome HwanYobi couple, I made this little MV for them and for everyone who love them. Hope you like it! :D

The song is Light Of My Life by Wang Lee Hom featuring Lara Fabian

ENJOY! :)

EDIT

These are HwanYobi's performances I uploaded in my channel with english subbed, also HwanHee's MV I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11V3QOQFNO8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvltwi4NR_8

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xmonii..i don't think she is married. From what i've read before, one of the criterias for WGM participation...is one has to be single. I think it is more realistic to have them being REAL singles..as it may cause some chaos and restrictions to their real partners if they're attached.

rikki thanks for sprucing up the welcoming episode of this couple...beautifool MV !!!...less than 2 days more to go..hope to see a fast translation on it.. :rolleyes:

carribeanne Hwanhee did appear overly shy at the studio...i think he really has very shy pesona if you do notice him in other shows..but funny to think his "mean" side with Hwayobi. I do wonder if it has been a beautiful babe like Son dam Bi...will he have behave that way ? :rolleyes:

More better Sundays to come...:)

Guest paravel

is she really already married in real life though?!

that sucks

>: ( no potential couple

I don't know where you got that news, that's bugus. If Hwayobi is married then she will not be casted there. It's a reality show for two people pretending to be married so I don't think the PD does'nt have common sense to put someone who is already married. Netizens should be talking about that now if it's true, so it means that's nonsense. :mellow:

rikkimargarette thank you for sharing that wonderful MV. How I wish it's sunday now :)

Page1_3.jpg

I need to get used to Fany's new hair :) I like his shorter one he looks more manly, now he looks boyish again :D

Guest juliakgrl

Ahaha you're not the only one, i think he looks much better B4 the haircut... now's kinda too femininish. but hwayobi's hair looks better in this new episode =)

I guess they'll still use his house... for the rest they used the same house thruout if i'm not wrong. hehe i'm like so excited really can't wait for sunday to come! having been waiting for this since the Chuseok special! hmm i think more pple are on the marco-son dambi side these days... at least that's my impression. sigh but why can't they see the unique charm of our Hwanyobi couple?! haha sorry just my rantings =)

The increased popularity of Marco-Son Dambi couple is probably due to Son Dambi's recent album release. She's very pretty & seems elegant enough - maybe that's attracting more fans.

I, for one, loved Hwanyobi's first WGM appearance. It was the same thrilling feeling I experienced when I first started to adore Anbi, and later on, Joongbo. Regardless of whether or not Hwanyobi becomes the most popular new couple, I think they'll have a very solid fan base - just think of Joongbo and their "unique antics" (granted HJ's an idol, but still). We, Hwanyobi-ers, shouldn't worry or care what others say - as long as we see their special traits and couple cuteness.

Really anticipating Sunday's WGM - I need a distraction from Anbi.

Yeah i hope they'll do many more duets! the Endless Love rendition was so good =) and symbolically ahem meaningful too hehe

His house somehow reminds me of the AnSol house. I prefer the Ant and Joongbo house somehow... cos its like brighter, neater and cosier for some reason. yeah he needs a woman's touch! hehe the huge bear and paintings are the start of the new decoration ahahaha. for all his nastiness to her, he's actually quite shy esp on the live studio! ahahaha!

Ahem the next episode has plenty of skinship so would be really exciting. and the interaction between the couples too. Can't wait till Sunday. I'll even watch it without subs =) wow i'm usually a lurker in soompi, but somehow this 'couple' has brought me outta my hole. hehe i shd stop gushing =)

Yeah! More duets and hopefuly a mini album or single together! It would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Ah! Brian mentioned in an interview that HwanHee is working on his solo album, it would be great if Hwayobi was featured in one of the songs.

The bear and the painting is a good start to change his house a bit and add a little bit of female touch.

I agree with you... I think his nastiness is not really mean is more a way of him to hide his shyness and awkardness.

I'm looking foward for next episode!!!!! :D

To welcome HwanYobi couple, I made this little MV for them and for everyone who love them. Hope you like it!

HwanHee and Hwayobi- Light Of My Life

The song is Light Of My Life by Wang Lee Hom featuring Lara Fabian

ENJOY!

Good job! It's awesome! I love LeeHom! And I loved your MV! :)

is she really already married in real life though?!

No! Don't worry about that because PDs said they only chose participants that are single. So this means Hwanyobi is single too.

Regardless of whether or not Hwayobi becomes the most popular new couple, I think they'll have a very solid fan base - just think of Joongbo and their "unique antics" (granted HJ's an idol, but still). We, Hwayobi-ers, shouldn't worry or care what others say - as long as we see their special traits and couple cuteness.

When I think about HwanYobi couple it reminds me when JoongBo couple arrived in this show. Many people when they saw Hyun Joong and HwangBo on the first episodes were complaining a lot saying that they didn't match and that they were awkard and that they wanted Alex and Shin Ae back. But just look how people have grown fond of JoongBo now! Many of the new fans of JoongBo were the people that complained about them.

So we shouldn't worry about people complaining about HwanYobi or saying bad things about them... soon HwanYobi couple will make people grow fond of them like JoongBo.

Ahh! Have you guys noticed that most people that liked HwanYobi couple are also JoonBo couple fans? :D

I guess, we JoongBo's fans have a unique taste when it comes to couples we like. ehehehehehehe :D

I love these two!! The Queen and King of the R&B!! <33

My little contribute to the thread

I love his little smile *sigh*

Ohhh i loved it! Thanks!!!! :D

Does anyone know if they plan on staying at Hwan Hee's apartment for their duration in the show? It seems a little strange that they would continue to shoot at his actual home and not move the couple into another place.

Yups..a bit of invading of privacy. But it seems like it will remain that way.

Thanks to CJW town..and the episode is up at WGM EP. 29 at CJW channel

Hmm..seems "quite" here. Cld it be dissapointed by Hwanhee's "mannerism". ?

There seems to be disappointing "issue" of Hwanhee giving Hwayobi a nick name..."dog poo". It seems out of "good naturedness" knowing Hwayobi laughed and weirdly accepted it. But i think...as friends they are at a comfortable zone of knowing each other "teasing" limit. But the closeness and "respect" from Hwanhee is yet to be developed...appear distant...he needs to learn to "respect"..her soon. She needs to work on it too :). But although he appear "mean"..during the interview..there seems to be good oooohhh ...ahh from audiences...will only know when the sub is up. There's still more to see...hopefully yeah.

Ep.30 appear intense..we shall see cld it be another hoax :unsure:

Guest carribeane

Yups..a bit of invading of privacy. But it seems like it will remain that way.

Thanks to CJW town..and the episode is up at WGM EP. 29 at CJW channel

Hmm..seems "quite" here. Cld it be dissapointed by Hwanhee's "mannerism". ?

There seems to be disappointing "issue" of Hwanhee giving Hwayobi a nick name..."dog poo". It seems out of "good naturedness" knowing Hwayobi laughed and weirdly accepted it. But i think...as friends they are at a comfortable zone of knowing each other "teasing" limit. But the closeness and "respect" from Hwanhee is yet to be developed...appear distance...he needs to learn to "respect"..her soon. She needs to work on it too :). But although he appear "mean"..during the interview..there seems to be good oooohhh ...ahh from audiences...will only know when the sub is up. There's still more to see...hopefully yeah.

Ep.30 appear intense..we shall see cld it be another hoax :unsure:

Sigh i was so sad when i 1st read it... after that it's like they lost some "love" from the audience - him for being mean, and her for accepting it. It's like he's crossed the line... well they look like they have some journey to go thru b4 it'll get better. It's just the beginning. But I noticed he was still nice enough to help her get up when she's down & cheered her when she won wrestling, but oh well we'll only know the truth when the proper subs come out. Hope it'll turn out good and all those detractors will be changed to supporters. Like the JoongBo couple =)

I'm still reeling on 'Dog ShIIt' :lol::lol: Can't believe dude said it on air!! LMAO...

I think Hwanhee's words are harsh, but the little things he does are quite sweet, like covering YB with the jacket, helping her up, etc. And I think cause they've known each other, they don't go through the awkward stage since they seem to be pretty close to each other already.

At least there won't be any argument about him stealing one of the other couple's name for "wife." If that's not unique I don't know what is.

eehhehehehehe LoL

That's true!

You guys shouldn't worry much about the 'dog mini cooper' thing... it's not as offensive in korean culture as it is for western people...

Read Muish's explanation for this type of nickname in korean culture:

1. Gaeddong-ie

Literally means "dog poop." It's not really as offensive as people think... although it would still be considered somewhat offensive nowadays.

I'm planning to translate it as "Poopie" and it's about as offensive as that... and it is a form of endearment. ^^;;;;

Long ago, people actually nicknamed their kids similar things. Probably until...about a hundred years ago? A bit less? It is a nickname that used to be used commonly.

Hwanhee didn't just come up with it out of nowhere. It would be considered offensive to most girls of these days... but probably not as much as most Westerners watching it would think. (ie. more people know that it's a joke and there are less criticisms on it on Korean forums about the nickname)

Mmmm... Even the middle aged Korean folks nowadays sometimes use something similar. My friend's dad used to call her "ddongjaru" (bag of poop) with effection..;;;

stellina's explanation:

It's not as bad as dog richard simmons. It's like dog poop. Korean people used to give their kids names like gae ddong (dog poop) or mal ddong (horse poop) 70 or 80 years ago when infant mortality was high. They did it to trick spirits into thinking that their children weren't precious so they wouldn't take them away.

and damifino's explanation:

Link

Guest Matahari_Biru

Glad i find some familiar name in this thread from joonbo & wgm thread. somehow i love this couple in ep. 29. they're just weird but nice. somehow, though they look they hate each other but they support each other. i'm curious to see how this couple grow.

I was really surprised at everyone's reaction to the nickname o.O

I go to Korean websites and blogs a lot, and they don't have any problems with the nickname.

Whereas I too agree that the nickname can appear mean, Hwayobi is fine with it so why does it matter?

I laughed so hard at this week's episode - Hwayobi is so cute!

They're officially my favorite couple :P

i notice that HYB has developed a habit of hitting HH when he's being overly mean :lol:

n the way HH says 'arasso' repeatedly whenever he knows he crossed the line is just too cute...

i have no problem with the nickname...it's not like he said it in an insulting way n he didn't even use a condescending tone when he said it...

btw, i don't really like marco, but it was so funny when he casually called HYB 'kaettong-ssi'

WTH??? LOL...

edit:

dang, 2nd time i topped a page in this thread with my blabber

:sweatingbullets:

At least there won't be any argument about him stealing one of the other couple's name for "wife." If that's not unique I don't know what is.

Haha...thats so true :lol:

i notice that HYB has developed a habit of hitting HH when he's being overly mean :lol:

n the way HH says 'arasso' repeatedly whenever he knows he crossed the line is just too cute...

i have no problem with the nickname...it's not like he said it in an insulting way n he didn't even use a condescending tone when he said it...

btw, i don't really like marco, but it was so funny when he casually called HYB 'kaettong-ssi'

WTH??? LOL...

edit:

dang, 2nd time i topped a page in this thread with my blabber

:sweatingbullets:

Marco hyperness a bit crazy too haha..

They're comfortable as friends.. so i guessed that's they way they have been communicating in reality too. Such acts mean no harshness just comfortableness..when a man stop teasing the sparks will be gone..hehe..i bet we don't want to see that to happen :)

i'm happy that muish explained that "dog poop" nickname. when i first heard it (rather read it) i got really disappointed of HH because i really like HwanYobi. i laugh watching them as much as i laugh watching joongbo. but even with that nickname (and this before i learned of its meaning) i noticed how protective HH is of yobi. look at how he ran to his wife and picked her up when she lost in the wrestling match against HB. i don't want to take this against marco, but when SDB lost to HB, it was HB who picked her up and said, "I'm doing this because no one else is" but HH was really looking after HYB. when HYB fell when the marco-dambi couple bumped to them he went looking for his wife and picked her up right away. when yobi went sunbathing (lol that really ade me laugh btw! yobi is really cute!) he put a cloth on her face to cover it. and at the last part where they were with the mraco-dambi couple and they were sitting on the terrace (argh sorry idk what it's called) you can see he's holding hyb because just a slight mistake from yobi she can fall. i guess HH is just better in expressing what he thinks and feels through his actions than his words. but seriously, i can't wait for the subs.they had the most airtime than any other couple.i wanna know what they were saying in the black room!

i als like their relationship wth hwang bo. hb can play jokes around them which i think is funny. i like it as well when she told Fanny how can he cal his wife "YA" when he said to hj befofre that he can call her "ya" lol! and the "introduce yourself the R&B style" cracked me up!

but the highlight of the day for me was when HYB was introducing herself! (translation c/o hellobeloo of joongbo thread)

HYB: "This (mic) smells" :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Guest soonjap

You guys shouldn't worry much about the 'dog mini cooper' thing... it's not as offensive in korean culture as it is for western people...

Excuse me, but according to WHOM is it NOT as offensive in Korea as it is in the West? I'm Korean and Korean born and raised and to my knowledge, this kind of language is only used by (1) parents who have had little or no education and are angry at their children; (2) rivals/enemies (generally teenagers) who use the term to bait each other when fighting; (3) adolescents who use the term as "slang" to slam each other in the blogsphere or as an "anti-fan". NEVER have I heard this term used as a term of endearment. That would be a sacrilege. I spoke to my mother about this because I was quite bothered by the fact that HH would use it to call his WIFE? She was shocked and told me to NEVER use this term to call anyone. Perhaps this term was used centuries ago by shamans but CURRENTLY, in today's polite society, this would NEVER fly. And would anyone here like to be called "dog poop" by YOUR boyfriend/husband? No? I don't think Hywayobi did either. But she sucked it up because what else could she do? She was visibly upset but I think she swallowed her pride and made a joke out of it instead of calling him on it and telling him he was out of line. I think Hwayobi is very insecure about herself and I can sense her vulnerability but I was startled at Hwanhee's insensitivity. I don't care if they've known each other for a gazillion years. There's NO excuse to make fun of people, regardless of what the situation is.

And spare me the "But it's cultural! Koreans like it!" argument. I dare any of you to go to Korea and call someone this and see if you don't get whacked on the head with something heavy. It's NOT cultural and Koreans DON'T like it and there's no way in hell they would consider this a term of endearment - least of all, in couples. What I mostly detest is the way this gets stereotyped as "cultural" so that it gets accepted and people don't have to feel guilty about it. I liken it to gangster rap lyrics that calls women something other than ladies and the word for female dogs. But hey! Maybe that's because it's "cultural" and maybe they mean different in Asian countries, huh? No?? Well, then I guess the reverse is true, don't you think?

Archived