[Drama 2007] Time Of Dog And Wolf 개와 늑대의 시간

babybeck

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest k3n4uri

I'm really glad that this drama won even if it's just the online poll in the recently concluded Seoul Drama Festival. It gave the drama another exposure to those who didn't get a chance to see it while it was airing.

YA Entertainment is releasing an official DVD set with English subs February next year. Finally, my request has been granted.

This drama is just simple at first impression but after watching the whole it is really a top quality. And especially with the actors' acting skills in here. It was such suberb.

It has been more than a year..but I am sharing one of my encounters with Jun Ki on location filming :sweatingbullets:

Drama location..a warehouse somewhere in Gimpo

I went with a Korean friend to Gimpo by taxi to Gimpo city after initial journey by subway. It took about 2 hours from Seoul. The location was somewhere very remote deep inside the country side. This was my first trip to such a green place with trees and not many buildings.

The warehouse was filled with wooden crates and I guess they were filming inside as I could not see the actors. After a while, I saw Jun Ki walking around and also Sang Mi, Kyungho and "Bae"..and some other extras who made up the kangpae group. There were sounds of fighting and Jun Ki's suit was soon covered with white dust from the floor of the warehouse.

I stood near the tall windows and tried to catch glimpses of Jun Ki and I saw him wearing black suit with white shirt and a single ear-ring. He was perspiring and his hair was also wet. He had been there since morning while I only reached the place before 4pm. Once when he stood near the window, he happened to look out from the corner of his eye and he saw me staring at him. Both of us were expressionless and he again concentrated on his acting. My friend who was beside me, said..he saw you ! The scene took quite a while before the next one. Then Sang Mi was supposed to drive her white car and stop abruptly at the entrance to rush indoors. Jun Ki and Kyungho were inside. Other fans and I could not see what was happening because crates were blocking us. I said hello to manager Daejin and some of the crew. Luckily it was not that hot but quite breezy in the countryside.

Jun Ki already knew there were other Korean fans who had been there since morning but he would just move about and we saw brief glimpses. Next was exciting scenes of gunfire exploding and the first shot caught me by surprise and I literally jumped out of my skin ! It was so loud. For the first hour I was there, Jun Ki was oblivious to us looking inside, trying to follow his movements. Even then he would not look at anybody.

Scene after scene was done and then it was outdoor shoot..with Minki (Kyungho) chasing Bae and shooting at each other. I was standing near the window again and suddenly while trying to cover my ears with my hands, I turned and saw Jun Ki standing at the window looking at the two guys doing their scene. I was caught unawares because he was so near me. I looked at him and his make-up was almost gone but he was looking so good I stared at him and he looked at me, looked away again because I did not react or greet him. Then he looked at me again and I smiled and waved..he then smiled, nodded his head at me..hehehe ! The scene for Min KI and Bae took several takes and Jun Ki moved away. Five minutes later, he appeared again at the next window. I waved both hands this time and he was so mischievous, nodding his head to me with a sweet smile and then in a playful manner, started to move his head making me laugh. And by now other fans standing near me had seen him and he kept doing it for our amusement. Then he came out for a while, stood there and then went in again.

Soon it was Jun Ki's turn to use his pistol and while the others were using black guns, Soo Hyun's was silver colour. He stood at the entrance near me..and tested his gun by firing twice with blanks..then went in again. My friend rushed to pick up the bullet blanks, still hot.. and gave one to me to keep as souvenir !

Soon everyone was covered with blood to a degree and wounded. SH's shirt was slightly stained and so was JiWoo's. I do not know who was killing whom or rescuing whom..but the gunfire went on and on. SH's black suit became so dusty from top to bottom. At one point, while gunfire was going on and again I was standing first near the window with the others behind me, Jun Ki suddenly appeared at the window with his pistol in hand and raised it upwards. He looked at me and then indicated to us to cover our ears and he started shooting into the air. I noticed that his teeth and mouth were covered with fake blood . My ears went tingling after that..hahaha ! Jun Ki nearly damaged my eardrums..just kidding !!!

There was also re-takes of scenes with Jun Ki and Sangmi sitting on the dirty floor because one of them is injured. The PD would call for the two guys like this..Jun Ki, Min Ki ! He calls Kyungho "Min Ki" Then he would shout loudly for Sangmi or Lee Taesong (Bae) who went missing in the big warehouse kekeke. Jun Ki looks real hot when looking hot and sweaty. I think you guys know what I meant !

Sometimes we could see him taking a short break and joking with the crew or smoking.

By 8.30pm filming wrapped up and I quickly stood near where Jun Ki and Daejin would walk by. His dusty suit and shoes were a funny sight to me but up close he still looks fantastic. His white shirt had some reddish stains..blood? I walked beside him after greeting him and he said hello. Then I asked, "Jun Ki...you must be feeling very tired ?" He answered with a slight laugh.."No, I am not tired !" As I walked beside him, he suddenly stopped to call out to someone behind us and I almost bumped into him..hehe ! He was shouting to someone behind us and his voice sounded so wonderful to my ears, just right there ! A handful of fans who were still waiting, also followed him and he went to the small restroom shared by everyone to change and washed off the dust and dirt and to wash his face. Soon he appeared wearing black shirt and pants. It was extremely dark around the area where his Starcraft was parked and he had to walk a short distance. However near the toilet there is lighting and we waited a sort distance, once he approached us, I moved forward and stretched out my right hand. He took my hand in a very firm grip and I said.."Jun Ki, I am saying goodbye to you now. I am going back tomorrow." His eyes and expression changed slightly and he gave me a big smile. He was still holding my right hand and I continued to talk as we walked with the other fans following us. I was walking sideways, facing him. But I had to turn around to walk with him ....and to my surprised delight, Jun Ki let go of my right hand and then grabbed my left hand and held it while we continued to walk slowly to his car. I spoke again.."Jun Ki, I had a great time in Seoul, it was so nice seeing you again, all the best to you !" He kept looking at me smiling while we walked and he replied.."Thank you very much." As we reached his Starcraft, I had to let go of his hand and the other Korean fans quickly crowded him to say goodbye and shook his hand. I went to stand near the door and when he stepped in..I told him, "Jun Ki, please take care !" To my delight, he sat down and told me : "You take care !" I was so touched when he said that to me and when Daejin closed the door, I was standing there slightly dazed.

Then my friend reminded me..your mobile phone...sign ! Suddenly I remembered that I wanted him to sign on my LG mobile phone but Daejin had already closed the door. I passed my phone to him and said..Please ask Jun Ki to sign. I was not sure if Daejin would take it but he asked..sign ? and I said "Yes." He took it, went to his driver's side and gave to Jun Ki who was seated behind. Jun Ki took about 5 minutes to sign it and I stood waiting. When Daejin took it from Jun Ki inside the car and came round and gave it to me, I said kamsahamnida, then I shook his hand and said goodbye. He also said goodbye to me and went in the driver's seat and closed the door. I was standing on Jun Ki's side of the window, we could not see him but he could see all of us. The Starcraft slowly moved out and we waved.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics I took at Seoul Drama awards ceremony...14 Oct.

P1010030.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

Jun Ki was seated 3rd row aisle and Sangmi was initially allocated her seat behind him. Then the kind lady on Jun Ki's right gave up her seat to Sangmi :D Jun Ki stood up so that Sangmi could move in to sit next to him. Once Sangmi sat down beside him, they started chatting away :lol:

• 1 month later...

I'm so in love with this drama..The best action drama ever..I think this the first time i see a great korean action drama ever!!

I don't know what else to say besides the word : GREAT!!!

I'm watching this drama over and over again because i like the story so much..

Hope other korean drama directors inspired by this drama..So they can make another great`korean action drama..

Oh, i'd like to say : Congratulation!! Lee Jun Ki, i think you deserve it (the award)..You've impressed me in Time Between Dog and Wolf..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hehsy5sy5

Can someone completely clear up the ending for me? I'm a little confused. At first I was REALLY mad because I thought Ji Woo ended up being with Kang Min Ki[kay's brother] but then after I rewatched it, it seemed like kang min ki ended up with that office girl instead? is that right? cuz kay seems to know about his son, and I'm sure he would not talk like this to him if his bro married the girl he loved...and the ji woo seems to still love him too.

so was kang min ki meeting with ji woo just as friends, and the baby is of kang min ki + office girl's? cuz kang min ki said "where's she" and then the office girl came and he got happy, and then the office girl was pushing the babycart so it means kang min and the office girl is together right?

just need to clear it up, cuz after i rewatched it i dont see how ji woo who was super in love with kay/sung hyun will get together with kay's bro wen she noes that kay is alive and still there. and i especially dont see how she can marry+ have baby with his bro either, cuz u can see from the end she still luv kay/sung hyun.

thanks to anyone who answer my question :sweatingbullets:

^ minki and the office girl ended up together. and that baby is his and office girl's. so basically, they got married.

ji woo is still in love with Soo-hyun.

in japan, Soo-hyun and minki met. aparently, Soo-hyun continued being a secret agent and his next target will be in paris. the place where ji woo will be heading too. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chaieee

where can i read the episode guide for the last episode? i'm confused with the ending. i have so many questions that left unanswered, at least on my part. is there anyone here willing to help me clear my confusion if i ask?

Guest xXJaeJoongSarangXx

where can i read the episode guide for the last episode? i'm confused with the ending. i have so many questions that left unanswered, at least on my part. is there anyone here willing to help me clear my confusion if i ask?

the DIRECTOR IS BRILLIANT

they left the story with open ending!! thats why it is confusing ! its up to u wat u want to think of what happen!

Guest Bradamante

Try to read the old posts from this thread.

They are very useful to understand the ending.

SPOILERS

note: the ff spoilers are not in chronogical order.

Episode 16

- SH saves Mao's life.

- Mao escaped with SH, Giraffe, and JW.

- Mr. Moon got caught and was interrogated by the NIS.

- There's a heart to heart talk between JW and Mao. JW massages Mao the way she massages him when she was a kid.

-SH stole the USB containing the files and he attempt to kill Mao by putting a silencer but he stops when someone is coming and it's JW.

-MK remembers Thai Ahjussi and puts his headband on. Myeong Gae the cute girl in his old company went to him and comfort him.

-SH went to JW's room and looking at her lovingly.

-SH gave the USB containing the files to the NIS chief. The NIS chief is smiling like a moron.

-JW is talking with his adopted father.

-JW is with SH in the car.

-MK told the IT chief and the lady supervisor about SH's undercover. They confront the NIS chief about it.

-The NIS chief take the look of the USB and it exploded. Mao knows the USB exploded and confirms his suspicions against SH.

-Mao let Giraffe and his mistress escape.

-SH and JW went to the thai restaurant. They are talking happily.

-JW is spoonfeeding SH. Sweet!

-SH and JW kiss passionately.

-Mao called him.

-SH leaves JW in the restaurant. He fights with Giraffe. Wooooww! Giraffe talk!

-SH got shot in the leg.

-Mao identifies him the child he spares. He talk something that I don't understand. Man, he is telling SH something important.Man, I think Mao is bestfriends with SH's dad.

-Mao is holding the gun towards his heart and letting SH killed him.

-MK went to see Mao,SH and Giraffe in the floor.

-MK became a chief in IT. The lady advisor became the NIS chief. The IT chief got promoted.

-JW is with a kid. MK is there and Myeong Jae.

-SH is alive.He is in JAPAN. Jun Ki is hot with a long bangs. He meets with JK.

THE END!

Question?

does it mean even though they're not together (SH and JW)that they love each other still? Did Myeong Gae and Min Ki got married?

Wow...

I love the ending. It's much better than I expected.

I send my great respect to 2 writers.

Let me answer some questions (**** spoilers****)

The baby

is of course Minki & Myung Jae's. They got married.

You can see wedding ring on MK's finger when he holds the baby.

And the baby's name is Jae Woo, typical boy's name. So the baby is boy.

Jiwoo knows?

She know SH is alive.

See the elephant carving is completed. It was not completed till Mao dies.

Who shot who

Mao fired SH's gun to himself.

After that, Giraff aimed SH, but Min Ki shot Giraff. So SH was not shot. That's why SH could survive

Mao's secrete

When he was young, SH's father, Dong Jo was undercover agent in Chung Bang.

But they became friend, just like Kay and A-wha.

Mao's first murder was to kill Dong Jo. He didn't know it though.

But later he knew it, and he seemed to suffer from it a lot.

Dong Jo was painful too. because he became friend with Mao already.

So, Dong Jo asked to Chief Jung, that he wants to quit his undercover mission.

But it was not accepted. later, he was murdered by Chung Bang, by Mao's hand.

Since Dong Jo was a black agent, even Mao couldn't know he has wife and son.

The watch

It was Mao's present to Dong Jo.

The half burned photo, which SH has, was actually photo with Mao,

taken on the day Mao presents the watch to Dong Jo.

For me, this was the saddest scene, climax !!!

Giraff

Giraff spoke !! today.

When SH came to meet(=kill) Mao, Giraff disuaded him, saying

" I will surely bring Mao to Thailand, so please go back, or I must kill you now."

Giraff didn't want to kill SH, maybe he liked Kay?

But Giraff was a loyal follower, he aimed SH finally, even though he failed.

I love Giraff and SH's bare hand action scene. It was .... simply the best!!!

Guilty

I could feel, how deep will SH's guilty be to Mao and Ji Woo.

He can't stand it. Maybe he is more comfortable fooling around as permanent black agent, just like his father.

But some day, I hope his guilty becomes less than now.

Elephant

After years, Minki visited SH to Japan. SH gives a small elephant doll to MK.

(The next scene was Ji Woo's elephant carving.)

It seems, SH bought it for Ji Woo, but he can't say it to MK.

But I'm sure MK must bring it to Ji Woo.

Ji Woo started painting again, she will go to Paris to study painting.

Soo Hyun's next mission is in Paris.

What about what that Thai restaurant guy? Didn't he said he have to go somewhere to help SH?

--> All are in ep 16. Ajussi found some important imformation at Thailand.

It was about the wrong procedure of making Dong Jo(SH's father) an undercover agent.

After Ajussi died, MinKi and managers found out all.

Dong Jo wanted to quit his mission in some reason,

(maybe he felt himself was revealed, or he became to like Mao...)

But Chief Jung ignored, let him be murdered by Chung Bang.

So is Soohyun still an undercover NIS agent now?

--> Yes.

At the last scene, he gave an information to MinKi.

Min Ki said to SH, "Until when are you gonna live as a dead man?"

What happened to the old NIS boss? Is he the boss of cheongbang?

--> The USB memory was a bomb, he was wounded.

But he is alive. Not clear he's still working for NIS.

At the last scene, he was entering NIS building.

Archived