Song Not Playing On My Ipod

BoAFriend

I have an 80GB iPod classic. My iTunes is the latest version, too.

Anyways, my iPod's been having a strange issue playing "Daybreak (HAL'S MIX 2002)" by Ayumi Hamasaki. The song plays perfectly fine in my iTunes, and it synced successfully to my iPod, but when I press it to play on my iPod, it immediately jumps back to the screen before and just plain out refuses to play. I've also noticed when I click the song title, it usually says "1 of 1" since I only have that one track labeled under "Daybreak CDS", but then almost as soon as I click it, that "1 of 1" turns to "0 of 0". WTF?

I've been trying to remove the song from my iPod, then adding it again to see if it'll play, but strangely enough, everytime I try doing this, my iTunes and iPod seem to both just freeze. Is this song jinxed or something? Seriously. It's pissing me the eff off.

Yeah, I know it's only ONE song, but this is ridiculous - even if it's one song, it's an mp3. No reason why it shouldn't play properly on my iPod.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks

Guest jxmode

I used to have that problem with mine.

What I used to do was convert it into AAC format, if there were any problems, and then I would add it back into my ipod.

Not sure if it helps. But it's worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

oh, i love this thread. i have so many songs that do this in my ipod, and i have the same exact one as you. my whole shinee album doesn't work T_T

i think i might try the AAC thing =D

Guest darkbahamut

I had a song that didn't work by Show Luo. I redled the song seperately, not in a batch form somewhere else and it worked. Or... you could try converting to a different format.

Thanks. Could you explain exactly how to do that?

in itunes >right click the song > it should say convert to acc (by default)

and it'll be in the my docs >itunes >music folder

if it doesn't say aac

go to preferences > advanced > importing > import using *drop down menu

^

in itunes >right click the song > it should say convert to acc (by default)

and it'll be in the my docs >itunes >music folder

if it doesn't say aac

go to preferences > advanced > importing > import using *drop down menu

guess PDURRR answered it for you.

No problem :]

Archived