[drama 2005] Love I Want To Kill/ Ijuksa 이죽일놈의사랑

j.lee

Viewers are placing high expectations on Rain as the series' leading actor. One viewer wrote, "Now I can watch Rain on TV as much as I want."

OOhhh.. That's me

I can watch him all day.. over and over again.....

Is there anyone subbing this drama.... I wanna thank them in advance....

Thankkkkk youuuuuuuuu

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amaya0625

LOL..Bam..same here..i gotta watch his clips and look at his pics everyday..what's wrong with me! :unsure:

I truly appreciates people who's going to do the subs for us..it's such a hard work..aja aja fighting!

Lonely K1 Fighter falls in love with someone whom he should not

Source : Chosun, 26-10-2005

Translated by Renatta of Rain'sScent

200510260000001in_drama.jpg

Rain (real name : Jeong JiHun) who has recently held concerts in the South-East Asia region attracted more than 100 thousand audience, he has 'owed debts' to several TV drama contracts. Credit goes to the TV drama [Full House] which he acted with Song HaeGyo, has deeply impressed the Chinese audience who loved it, so he has gradually got recognised as a singer. In acting, Rain was not much engrossed as he would as a singer and dancer which he has put much more efforts. This KBS TV drama [A Love to Kill] is Rain’s third TV drama as the lead actor which will be broadcasted on 31st October.

His role is different from that in [sangdoo, let’s go to school] and [Full House], this time he needs to show a tough side of him. There is anticipation that the audience will get to see a lot of scene in this drama where Rain’s role as a K1 Fighter showing his musculine and tone-up body.

Rain’s role in this drama went close to the leading actress to get his revenge because his older brother who was abandoned by this lady has attempted suicide and became ‘vegetable’. In the first scene, it showed that his older brother fell from his apartment balcony and lost consciousness, but the question is whether he has really attempted suicide? This was only revealed in the later part of the story. The lead actress who came from a lower-class living environment was deliberately set up to be chosen from the Street Star Search contest to groom her to be a ‘Super Star’ actress.

As a K1 fighter, Jang (Rain’s character) has to earn his living in the boxing ring. For the sake of ‘revenge’ he became Cher's (Shin Mina’s character) Manager. After spending long time together, he was attracted to Cher’s cheerful and innocent personality. Jang was caught in a dilema between love and family. This is the main key story of the drama.

Rain commented : [Although Jang is not a good man, but he is a very pitiful person when you get to know him better and understand his situation.] He added : [My nose bleed even when I am sleeping, I have a very hard time during the training sessions.] The female lead Cher is acted by Shin Mina. She expressed : [Cher is a lady who speaks and acts according to her feelings. I wish to show true and pure love thru this character in this drama.]

The Script Writer of this drama is Lee Jin Shi who has written emotional dialogues for [sangdoo, let’s go to school], [sorry I love you] etc. The Film Producer commented : [We hope that thru this drama, we could let those, who go thru hardship in their life, to realise that all kinds of Love is Great.]

10-26-2005

Rain Plays Fighter in New Drama

By Han Eun-jung

Staff Reporter

ensor200510262033180Rain.jpg

Pop singer Rain in a promotional photo

for his new television drama, “I Chukilnomui Sarang”

Pop singer Rain still devotes most of his time touring, stirring the hearts of young girls and women all across Asia. But in recent years, he has also been showing off his other talent ㅡ acting.

Following his well-received performances in 2003’s “Sangdu, Let’s Go to School” and last year’s “Full House,” Rain is now presenting his much anticipated third drama.

In “I Chukilnomui Sarang,” the soon-topremiere weeknight soap, Rain plays Kang Bok-ku, a mixed martial arts fighter who falls in love with Eun-sok, the woman who left his brother in ruins. Actress Shin Min-a plays Eun-sok. An English title for the drama has yet to be decided, but the Korean one loosely translates to “This Damned Love.”

But despite the fact that the 20-minute clip unveiled at a press conference held in Seoul on Tuesday had those present raving, Rain couldn’t have been more modest.

Rain said that while as a singer he is able to see results he can be happy with if he works at singing and dancing, its not necessarily the same with acting. “Vocal control is something that can be learned to some extent, but it’s not the same as expressing emotions, making acting all the more difficult,” he said. In contrast to Rain’s self-deprecating remarks, Lee Kyung-hee, the drama’s writer, referred to Rain as an actor who acts from the heart and asked audiences to let go of any bias they may have towards singer-turned-actors.

“You’ll come to know that we have a jewel of an actor on our hands,” she said. Lee, who also worked with Rain in “Sang-du, Let’s Go to School,” was also behind one of last year’s most popular drama’s “I’m Sorry, I Love You.”

Showing up at the Tuesday event looking leaner than his usual self, Rain said the weight loss was part of the preparation for his character.

“I was afraid my muscles would hamper me so I took up doing 2,000 reps of jump rope a day and stuck to a diet of chicken breast and mackerel,” he said. He is also said to have trained two to six hours a day at an action school and as a result lost 7 kilograms.

“But despite all that I still got injured, one injury for every shoot that involved action scenes,” he said.

“After we wrap up shooting I want to check into a hospital,” he added laughing. Rain went on to speaking of his hopes of one day making it on to the big screen. “I hope to mature as an actor and one day shoot a film with a respected director,” he said.

He added that he is currently learning Japanese, English and Chinese so that he go out onto the international stage and make his country proud.

“I’m going to do the best I can and see how far I can go by the time I’m 30,” But the journalists present that day were surprised when the heartthrob continued, saying that after that he intends to run his own business, although he didn’t mention what kind.

“It’s a hope of mine that after 30 I will live a new life,” he said adding that he reads management and marketing books every chance he gets.

“I Chukilnomui Sarang” will air at 9:50 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS 2. The first of 16 episodes will be broadcast Oct. 31.

ejh09@koreatimes.co.kr

10-26-2005 20:28

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...20255711690.htm

Wow he looks mad hot holding the gun in the picture. I just hope this drama is not too sad because I do not want to cry throughout the whole time watching. Yet it seems so tragic just by looking at the pictures and screen caps.

I wonder how many times in the drama can we see a smiling or laughing carefree Kang Bokgu. He picked this role to prove to his fans that he can act different character roles not similiar to LYJ and Sangdoo. Well at least be in time for TV awards nominations next year.

Guest lavendersky

Whoa..who is the girl he's dragging with such force..Kim Sarang or SMA ?

i think it's SMA. he's dragging her to see his brother in the hospital.

Wow he looks mad hot holding the gun in the picture. I just hope this drama is not too sad because I do not want to cry throughout the whole time watching. Yet it seems so tragic just by looking at the pictures and screen caps.

yeah, agree on the part where he's holding the gun, so hot! :P

but then i'm pretty sure that this drama's gonna be a tragedy, juz looking at the preview already invokes a sense of sadness in me. :(

a sad ending would upset me BUt if it's like Misa I'll love it for sure ill be crying but it'll be touching and meaningful that i wouldn't mind at all lol

04 more days

Yup, 4 more days and then *drum roll...*, every Bi's fan doing their best to sit right in front of the TV for the show to begin !!! :D

i think it's SMA. he's dragging her to see his brother in the hospital.

Thanks for your clarification... :D Man, he's a real forceful guy, but then what can one expect from a K-1 fighter? :lol:

Jeong JiHun really works hard and put in so much effort training for his role as Kang Bokgu. He deserves some awards for it ! :P

Guest kalinda

I read in Bi's IJUKSA interview, he said, the emotional scenes took about 7/10 of the whole series... 7/10!!.. I guess we REALLY need lots of tissue big time now... :D ... no more goofy acts or doing something silly this time, I guess....*sigh..*

From Singer to Combat Sports Fighter, an Actor Is Born

2005102731508.jpg

OCTOBER 27, 2005 04:22

He is a man who has nothing but his own flesh and bone. He is a man to whom women swear to give their lives. He is a combat sports fighter who has never won a single match. He is Gang Bok-gu, the protagonist of the new drama “This Cursed Love” (Korean title: “Ijugilnomui Sarang”), which will debut on KBS2 at 9:55 p.m. on October 31.

But there is another man behind the role: A man who auditioned a dozen times to become a singer, but was turned down each time because of his looks; A man whose dream was to get an award for best new artist and dedicate it to his mother. That man is Rain, the singer.

He is also Jung Ji-hoon, the actor who plays the ill-fated Gang Bok-gu in “This Cursed Love.”

The new drama is written by Lee Gyeong-hi, who wrote one of last season’s biggest hits, “I’m Sorry, I Love You,” and is directed by rising star Kim Gyu-tae. Jung Ji-hoon and Shin Min-ah star as the main love interests.

Man Gang Bok-gu Has Been Hurt by Love—

An innocent woman loves a man then leaves him. Because of her, the man becomes a human vegetable, and the man’s brother swears revenge. But the brother ends up falling in love with the woman. It’s not an unfamiliar story for audiences of television dramas.

But the protagonist Gang Bok-gu is an unfamiliar character. The strongly-worded title seems to refer not to love but to the character. His pastime is extorting money from students. He is a combat sports fighter, a line of work that’s becoming quite popular lately, but he is an arrogant man who loses all his matches on purpose because he doesn’t like being singled out as a winner.

In the first episode, a woman stands on the railing of a bridge and cries that she will come down if he tells her that he loves her just once. Gang doesn’t think twice before saying, “Go ahead and jump.”

Protagonists are usually portrayed as having a good heart even when their actions appear otherwise, but Gang steers clear of this trite convention. When he falls in love with his brother’s ex-girlfriend, Cha Eun-seok, he becomes someone he can’t accept. That’s why Jung Ji-hoon describes his character as “a man who learns his lesson after turning his nose up at love.” He says he is “glad to be able to play such a vile person.”

Man Jung Ji-hoon Has Become Crazy about Acting—

There was a time when he would wait around the house all day and suddenly ask himself, “What on earth am I doing?” But nowadays, he’s so busy that he doesn’t have a moment to rest. He is Rain, the singer, and Jung Ji-hoon, the actor. After returning from his Beijing tour on October 22, he is devoting himself to the show. When the show’s over, he will hit the road again on another tour.

In preparation for his fighting scenes, he did 2,000 reps a day with a jump rope for two months. He sculpted his physique with chicken in the morning and mackerel in the evening. He got injured during filming countless times. But he still confesses that he finds it more difficult to do the emotional scenes than action sequences. “Singing and dancing can be mastered through practice, but you can’t learn emotions,” he notes, and explains that he tries to feel the character with his heart rather than understanding them with his head.

Jung Ji-hoon made his acting debut with “Let’s Go to School, Sangdu” on KBS2 and began to enter the spotlight in KBS2’s “Full House.” In this, his third drama, audiences are hoping that he will shed the reputation of being a “singer-actor.”

The show’s writer, Lee Gyeong-hi, praises him as a “gem of an actor.” His female lead, Shin Min-ah, also commented that he “immerses himself to the point where you forget that he’s a singer.”

When asked what kind of character he wants to play the most in future, he replies, “Gang Bok-gu.” That’s how deep into his character he has fallen. “Audiences will invest just one hour of their lives and experience a love that rarely comes even once in a lifetime,” he says confidently.

source http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?...d=2005102731508

Archived