Jia Jang Myun (korean Black Bean Noodles)

Guest Mariemerong

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest christee8876

there's a chinese restaurant near my house that makes jia jang myun!

yes, that's weird, but whatever. haha

it's soo good.

if you go to asian supermarkets, you'll find the black bean paste that's like the main ingredient in the jia jang myun sauce.

Guest tiffasaur

oh jia jan myun.

they're soo good.

like MAD GOOD!

but they tend to put alot of sauce more than noodles,

because it's pretty heavy.

[my chopsticks broke on my first time (X]

and plus if you don't eat it pretty fast,

the sauce it gets watery.

hmm it taste's like,

mild noodles.

they put like green peas and bit's of carrots and onions.

i can't really explain the taste.

i'm sorry:]

i've eaten the packet kind like about 4 times?

and the real thing at a resturant once.

the packet kind and the real thing,they taste pretty much the same.

so if you can't find a black bean noodle resturant i think

you should buy the packet kind at a korean market somewhere in

singapore?

the packet kind is called CHACKCHARONI.

i don't know why though.

and the place where i ate it was in LA at the GROVE in the food court.

but im guessing you can't fly from singapore all the way to the

US for a bowl of jia jang myun

i LOL'ED at LilLe's POST because

i went with her.

poor girl only had like 4 chopstick full's

and gave up:]

Guest suppaazn

omg its sooo goood!

the first time i had it was last month in koreaa..

and it was oh so gooood! ^^

i think most asian markets sell the instant nooodles.

Guest Ce'nedra

it's soo good.

if you go to asian supermarkets, you'll find the black bean paste that's like the main ingredient in the jia jang myun sauce.

It's not weird since jajangmyun derived from a Chinese dish called zhajiang mian. Food for thought :P

Guest kryiss

jja jjang myun is absolutey the BEST noodle dish in the world!! ahahaha... i don't know but in my opinion i love it more than any noodle dish in the world ^O^

it's hard to describe what it tastes like... but it's not spicy, sweet, or salty o.O... really really hard to describe but you just gotta try it for yourself *o*

i usually go to korean noodle shops that makes them so your best bet is to google or find one of them in your city... but if not... if you find a korean supermarket you can try the packaged jjajjangmyun and i think it tastes just as fine but the restaurants are always the best ^^~ like how some people mentioned Chapgetti(sp?) is the most popular packaged JJM and i personally like it~! a word of advice is to leave some water with the noodles so that when you mix it in with the brown powder sauce it all dissolves away and you would have never thought it was from a powder! 8D best of luck to ya! hope you get to try it soon~!

Guest yongwonhi

it's soo good.

weird? jia jang myun [aka zha jiang mian] is from china lol

and it's goood :D

and i'm almost 100% positive you can find it in singapore. go to a chinese noodle restaurant or something.

I went to a korean-chinese restaurant to try this during my trip to NoVA.. that sauce is delicious XD and the noodles are chewy~ never eat jia jang myun without the pickled radish!

Guest jacq.thinks.kpop.is.cool

I live in Singapore too and i've been trying to find it for some time! Have you had any luck in finding it?

Guest MULOAN

they have pretty good jjajjangmyun at the korean mall off the novena exit on the MRT. forgot what it's called but they have a korean market there as well, so you can buy chacharoni!

Guest honeybeeshrimp

there's a chinese style and korean style. i personally prefer the korean one. it has its own acquired taste, not everyone would like it but i find it really tasty. :]

Guest lovejyk

Ah, the taste is kind of hard to explain. I guess if you could imagine what soy sauce would taste like minus all the saltiness. I love this stuff <3 I know there are a lot of jia jang myun instant noodles out there that kind of pretty much accurately replicate the taste just fine ;)

Archived