Vancouver - Buy/sell College Books

Delster

Anyone know the site?
There's a site out there by students for students where you can list textbooks you have for sale and you can buy.

You can narrow down the search by school, ISBN, author, title etc.

I'd really love to list some of my books before selling it to the bookstore, but I completely forgot the site name! Does anyone remember the name by any chance?

i finally thought of the site..it's called http://www.saveonbook.com/

or u can also try http://www.bcbookworm.com/

can't remember if u were going to bcit?? are u almost done school?

YES! It was Saveonbook.com, I've never heard of bcbookworm, I'll look into that once my book list comes out :)

And no, I'm at UBC but I started out at Cap. Which school did you go to?

using these sites are there ways to see if its the same edition of book that is required for the class? in my first year i nearly used an old edition of a book.

You'd have to refer to your bookstore list. Cap refers to it as 5E for 5th edition, 2E for second etc.

The listing should state what edition the book is, otherwise it is a first edition or only book. If in doubt, always get in contact with them and ask (if they're not sure, you can ask for the ISBN and google it) :)

Guest mineforkeeps.

I myself use saveonbook.com, but lots of people are selling their books on facebook now (though, I'm not a facebooker :rolleyes:) and apparently books go pretty quick there!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mineforkeeps.

Are there any more sites?? I'm having such a hard time finding one of my textbooks >.< and I refuse to buy it from the bookstore!!!

Are there any more sites?? I'm having such a hard time finding one of my textbooks >.< and I refuse to buy it from the bookstore!!!

I also use the Amazon, just search up a book and it'll list any used copies being sold by other amazon users.

The only downside is that the site automatically assumes the shipping price. I had books shipped from B.C. so it was $1.92 but the site charged me $6.49 but even then, it was quite a bit less than the retail price.

Guest mineforkeeps.

I also use the Amazon, just search up a book and it'll list any used copies being sold by other amazon users.

The only downside is that the site automatically assumes the shipping price. I had books shipped from B.C. so it was $1.92 but the site charged me $6.49 but even then, it was quite a bit less than the retail price.

babyleese, maybe you can try craigslist?

^ thanks for the suggestions, but I've already tried both of those and they don't have my book.

Man, I guess if I can't find it, I'll have to buy it from the bookstore :blink:

Guest mineforkeeps.

^ Thanks for the link! :)

I'm looking for Human Physiology: From Cells to Systems 6/E by Lauralee Sherwood (for PHYL 301 @ UBC)

Archived