(official) Sm Audition 2008 [toronto] Updated

Guest j-tan03

Guest Genevie-chan

But, you know, I think LSM IS trying to make changes.

They used to only take in like totally gorgeous trainees, but as you see SHINee is totally talented, but not the best looking people they could have had, you know? I think he's starting to realize that looks aren't everything.

I think he realizes his marketing strategies are not up to date, and if my theory is correct, then it's NOT all about LOOKS.

They're looking for really talented people, who may not be pretty, but reach at least a standard of prettiness.

The thing is that they ARE trying to change, but all they do is their own spin on things, but its basically copying YG or JYP's style.

Like, their clothing for SHINee looks like it was inspired by Big Bang from YG. And their music is also more techno-ish, and catchy, like JYP's or something. (this is just my opinion)

They should be making their OWN trend.

I think what would be interesting would be if they made like a girlband, but instead of 'cute' and 'girly' for their image, its more 'tough' and 'punkish'. I think that would be SOOO cool. Like not totally gangster, but like Avril Lavigne punkish. Glamour punk? And their music is not like all sweet but catchy, techno, and totally hip. But like not old like 22 or something, but like around 16? So it appeals to both girls AND boys. (girls because they don't feel insecure cuz they're much prettier, and also they won't get jealous during CFs with SJ or DBSK, like SNSD)

Lol, this is like my 5 cents, for what its worth.

But seriously, if I DID get into SM, I would like to talk about marketing strategies with Lee Soo Man.

Hahaha, my friends think I'm a weirdo, but I like talking about these financial kind of things... o.O

(sorry for my huge post :S)

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angieebabyy

Hey everyone. i emailed sm on oct 19th about when we would know if we got in or not. and they finally got back to me today. so i thought i would share it with everyone.

08‘ S.M. Entertainment Global Auditions

Hello, I'm the person in charge of 08' S.M. Entertainment Global Auditions (US/Canada). Result of the audition will be notified via email within 4 weeks after end of the Global Auditions in USA and Canada. Thank you for asking about our auditions.

S.M. Entertainment

i hope that clears things up =)

Guest KayrinJJ

But, you know, I think LSM IS trying to make changes.

The thing is that they ARE trying to change, but all they do is their own spin on things, but its basically copying YG or JYP's style.

Like, their clothing for SHINee looks like it was inspired by Big Bang from YG. And their music is also more techno-ish, and catchy, like JYP's or something. (this is just my opinion)

They should be making their OWN trend.

I think what would be interesting would be if they made like a girlband, but instead of 'cute' and 'girly' for their image, its more 'tough' and 'punkish'. I think that would be SOOO cool. Like not totally gangster, but like Avril Lavigne punkish. Glamour punk? And their music is not like all sweet but catchy, techno, and totally hip. But like not old like 22 or something, but like around 16? So it appeals to both girls AND boys. (girls because they don't feel insecure cuz they're much prettier, and also they won't get jealous during CFs with SJ or DBSK, like SNSD)

Lol, this is like my 5 cents, for what its worth.

But seriously, if I DID get into SM, I would like to talk about marketing strategies with Lee Soo Man.

Hahaha, my friends think I'm a weirdo, but I like talking about these financial kind of things... o.O

(sorry for my huge post :S)

OMGOSH ! SAAME WITH ME !! if i get into SM and i'd encourage sm to make a GIRL GROUP that's like Big bang only not soo "Big Bang" y'knoe wat i mean...

and i would like soo talk about it and wat concept it'd be y'knoe...

it would be pretty cool y'knoe LOL

i think this is wat SM NEED right ??

cuz the cute happy songs are REALLY... iono.. i find SJ and SNSD songs REALLY not my taste, it's just like okaay... i can't like listen to this on my ipod and stuff y'knoe... i cant be like on the bus and be like listening to that Pajama Party song from SJ-H y'knoe.. it's just not... like "reality" y'knoe wat i mean... so ya... ^^;

Edit :

so much "y'knoe's" O________O sorry LOL :sweatingbullets:

Guest Sam-chan

^ OMG! I was just thinking that! They sooo need like an all girl rock band! True the TRAX aren't really getting anywhere, but I doubt the youth only wants to hear about sugary songs. Teens are always going through stuff, why not come up with songs that people can actually relate to instead of like "Oh I love you giggle giggle" LOL

I like SuJu and SNSD, but honestly their songs and image are so unappealing to the suffering youth LOL

And I thought YG was coming out with a female vers of Big Bang?

I think you guys get what I mean ;)

And yay, so we should be getting result around the end of Nov right? Cuz the Vancouver audition was Oct 25, so 4 weeks after that... Good Luck everyone :sweatingbullets:

Guest faithpuppy

^^^ O____________________O WHOA!! Hey i was thinking of that too!!!!!

well i only know WG and SNSD girl bands [don't know other ones >_<]

anyways back to my point... I noticed that there's always something girly to them and wondered how a girl namd that was puck/rock ... or something along those lines would do..

Guest Sam-chan

Will they only let us know if we make it or will they also let us know if we don't make it. I'd rather know if I didn't make it instead of sitting around and wondering, but maybe that'd be too much work for them?

Guest Genevie-chan

Well, when my sister auditioned in 2006, they sent like an automated email for everyone who didn't get in.

Also I think when they say it will take 4 weeks etc for the people to know if they got in or not, means OVERALL.

People who got in will get callbacks probably within the first week, but to be notified that you didn't, that takes around 4 weeks.

Guest faithpuppy

so i'm guessing about now that the email would pretty much be telling me i didn't get in... well when i get the email.

but yeah, that would be a relief from wondering if you did get in or not

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idoldreamer

no letter yet...

does anyone know if these are all rejection letters they're sending out? is there every an instance where a person is called back through these e-mails? i think i read about one guy last year...but i'm not sure.

Guest KayrinJJ

no letter yet...

does anyone know if these are all rejection letters they're sending out? is there every an instance where a person is called back through these e-mails? i think i read about one guy last year...but i'm not sure.

OOH ! : O so there's STILL HOPE YOU GUYS XD

hahaa watever i gave up already. i accepted the horrible fact of rejection so...

LOL...

Guest dbskfan123

REJECTION LETTERS ARE HERE AND SHOULD BE IN YOUR INBOX!!

I just checked my e-mail and it was sent at 4:24am.

mmm the sweet taste of rejection........

I wonder what happened to the song lyrics and sheet music that were submitted...

Guest faithpuppy

got my rejection letter!!

And its written in english, chinese, japanese and korean!!! XD [sorry, for some reason that made me happy... I don't know why.. o-o]

Archived