Dating people who smoke/do drugs

Guest FusionGT2

You can't judge a guy simply cause he smokes cigarettes (and everything else), pops pills or punches weed. It's a hard habit to change and put an end to.

+1. I like this comment very much.

I know I've posted in this thread before, but I cbs finding my post and editing it.

I used to be one of those girls who would insist "Ew, smokers and drug junkies are gross, I would never associate myself with those sorts of people." Except, after being exposed to the world of recreational drugs, my opinions have changed a lot. One interesting thing I learned was that alcohol can be even worse than some of the drugs out there - don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to advocate drug use - it's illegal for a reason. But I just feel that a lot of people are quite narrow-minded/judgmental about it and won't even stop to think before they jump to shun someone that chooses to do drugs. If I meet a guy, and he does drugs, I'll give still give him a chance. The only exception is if he does drugs that require shooting up... that would make me hesitate - no one wants to be HIV+.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest doofus9

i dont have a problem with dating a guy who smokes (i smoke) but drugs.. i'm fine with weed and possibly the occasional cocaine. but heroin and "special k" and all those more hardcore drugs i dont think i could tolerate that.

however. if he were to pressure me to smoke and snort even after i tell him no then i would definitely have a problem with that.

Guest christelle-g

Smoking and drugging are definitely a no no for me. Especially drugs.

Nowadays, almost everyone, I said almost, smoke.

If I was in love with someone who smokes, of course, love will take over it. You can't avoid it.

My ex smoked just sometimes at parties, when chilling out with friends and never in front of me.

I've never smelt smoke on him.

If the guy is dependent to it....never. I don't want to date someone's like this.

Guest changminnie01

Well.. people who smoke

don't generally mean there bad people,

Altho it seems to be the case most of the time.

the people i meet anyways.

I think i'd rather them not but if they do, it's their choice really.

Guest JAEBOO-

really for me, it doesn't matter if he smokes .

but drugs , a big no for me.

i have a crush on this guy who smokes, really i knew the reason why.

but, i accept the fact that he smokes.

i don't really care, but we can't stop them right?

it's their own decision.

Guest --Sedgewick

I don't care if the boy smokes or takes any other drugs.

Nearly everbody I know is smoking and/ or is taking drugs.

The personality and how the boy looks is more important to me...!

before i was opened to so many new people, i was like NO WAY.

but now, i'm kind of more open to it..as long as he doesn't do drugs & doesn't smoke a pack a day, i think im good...but i must say, i can't really take smoke very well -0-;;;

Guest IntangiblyYours

I can't stand the smell of smoke. I start coughing a lot whenever I inhale it, so dating a smoker just wouldn't work for me.

I'm iffy about drugs though. I rather not have him do it, but maybe if it's not harmful, like heroine, I might be able to deal with it.

As for alcohol...I can deal with that if he doesn't drink much.

My boyfriend doesn't do any of these, so I hope it stays that way. :X

Guest Ramen-C

I don't mind a once in a while smoke.. I prefer non smokers because smoker's teeth, toenails and fingernails go yellow.

And I already hate feet.

Smoking ew.

Just the smell.

I'm easily agitated and if I smell a smoker.

Things will be thrown.

Hm. Drugs?

Well.

It's complicated right now.

I'm not a supporter.

Definitely not.

But ...

Guest 3ephemeralWinds

never

i know its a very close-minded opinion

but i don't want to stick around and watch that person slowly kill themself

Guest SilkInfused

T.O.P. smokes weed and does ecstasy. So what? Girls love him mucho.

Is that right? His voice is actually deeper and thicker than the other boys. But E? :lol: HA!

I have a bigger problem with alcohol than cannabis. I'm curious about it myself, anyway. Anything else, I'm not interested.

Guest kawaiiai

hmm...Good question..ive not dated a guy who smokes before..but..should i end up dating someone that does..im not about to start liking him any less for his habit..& as long as its not done excessively..however drugs is altogether another subject..& anything asides from cannabis..and such as cocaine..& heroin..is a huge..No..No..in my books..ive seen the effects first hand of what those can do..and i would just not watch the person i love..spending their time doing those things..whilst knowing the possible result of their actions..

Guest chopper!

well, i don't like guys who smoke, but that wouldn't stop me from dating a guy if he's a really good-hearted person. just wished some guys would stop, b/c they smell so rancid!

my dad has been smoking for about 20 or 15 years and i can never be around him because he smells like my dog's richard simmons, sorry dad, but it's soo true. his mouth, hands, feet, whole body always makes me throw up, so my mom can never sleep next to him, and i can never be around him for 5 minutes!

I hate the smell, but honestly it's not my choice. If he wants to smoke I'd rather he didn't do it around me, but if he has too then go for it.

As for drugs, well it doesn't really matter to me. My boyfriend does acid, its his choice again. I respect it. Doesn't mean i have to like it, but i'm not going to get mad at him for something he wants to try or do. He also smokes a lot of weed, doesn't really bother me. Since I've smoked weed before it's hypocritical of me to even consider talking to him about it.

Archived