Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[Aug-15-2012] "R2B: Return To Base" darts straight to number one in ticket

sales soon after its release.

Credit to Newswire http://www.newswire.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=644340

Brief translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

F120815_008_1.jpg

Movie "R2B : Return To Base" Premiere aimed at Asian movie fans, was held at Seoul's

Yongsan CGV last Aug.14th. With more than 2,000 movie fans throughout Asia such as

China, Japan, Southeast Asia, etc. in attendance, a festive scene for the movie was

shown.

The "R2B : Return To Base" production held the nation's first Asian premiere to reward

internal and external movie fans who have shown increasing interest in the movie.

The movie was in Korean with English, Japanese, and Chinese subtitles to live up to the

name, and thanks to the banners saying "R2B, fighting!!", "We love R2B", etc. provided

by overseas fans, the atmosphere at the event had heightened.

Also, director "Kim Dong Won" and the actors of the movie such as "Shin Se Kyung",

"Kim Sung Soo".and "Lee Ha Na" arranged a meaningful meeting with the audience in

return for their constant support.

Director "Kim Dong Won" said, 'Thank you so much for coming to watch the movie. I hope

all of you will enjoy watching the movie." Actress "Shin Se Kyung" said thank them,

"I'm very glad to meet you. We worked very hard to make a good movie. I hope you'll

enjoy it."

Meanwhile, "R2B: Return To Base" is a movie about the informal military operation of "The

21st Fighter Wing" who protects the sky over South Korea, and the movie has produced

a remarkable accomplishment by being sold in advance to 30 overseas countries like the

U.S. and Canada as well as Europe and Asia.

That movie has started attracting big audiences since its opening night on the 14th.

class="title" G.O was ready to get R2비’d.

by: Stephe @Cloud USA on August 15, 2012.

Our dear G.O has been anxiously waiting for Rain hyung‘s movie for a LONG time. Of course he’s going to see R2B! Haha. (That’s pretty much the gist of what he tweeted.) :)

(Image and Tweet credit: G.O / MBLAQGO @Twitpic)

c0047605_15344840.jpg

c0047605_15345477.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-08-14 i-cable_R2B: Return to Base VIP premiere

2012-08-15

credit:vincet57@rain-cloud.co.kr

2012061401000962200071531.jpg

credit : cloud tw -

&feature=player_embedded

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

photo
”축R2B”

2012-08-16

by raimy@rain-cloud.co.kr

클릭하시면 확대된 이미지를 보실 수 있습니다.
클릭하시면 확대된 이미지를 보실 수 있습니다.

[Aug-16-2012] 'R2B : Return To Base' draws audiences totaling more

than 200,000 people on the first day of its release.

Credit to Money Today http://news.nate.com/view/20120816n03956

My Daily http://news.nate.com/view/20120816n03167

Brief translation by 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

Part 1

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM5NTI4MjYw.html

Part 2

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM5NTI5Mzgw.html

12%286%29.jpg

***Ahhh..............looking at these places........I'm so jealous. I can only dream............Why couldn't I live in Korea, huh? DVD copy come soon.......

‘R2B: Return to Base’ opening in select theaters in North America

20120815_r2b_poster.jpg

Rain and Shin Se Kyung‘s latest film ‘R2B: Return to Base‘ will be making its way into select North American theaters on Friday, August 24th.

Set in modern day Seoul, ‘R2B: Return to Base’ is an aerial action film inspired by the 1963 Korean film ‘Red Scarf‘. Directed by Kim Dong Won, ‘R2B: Return to Base’ features a star-studded cast including Rain (‘Fugitive Plan B‘, ‘Ninja Assassin‘), Shin Se Kyung (‘Fashion King‘, ‘Blue Salt‘), Yoo Jun Sang (‘You Who Rolled in Unexpectedly‘, ‘Moss‘), Kim Sung Soo (‘I Like it Hot‘), Lee Hana (‘Fair Love‘, ‘Triple‘), and Lee Jong Suk (‘As One‘, ‘High Kick 3‘).

Korean Air Force pilot Taehoon (Rain) gets kicked out of his elite fleet after he shows off at an air show demonstration. Having been demoted to combat squad, Taehoon struggles to get along with the squad’s leader Chulhee (Yoo Jun Sang). The squad is forced to work together when an unidentified combat plane suddenly enters their airspace.

‘R2B: Return to Base’ will be opening with English subtitles at the following theaters on Friday, August 24th.

Honolulu, HI – Consolidated Pearlridge
Los Angeles, CA CGV Cinemas
Monterey Park, CA
AMC Atlantic Times Square (Chinese Subtitles)
San Diego, CA
AMC La Jolla
Seattle, WA
AMC Alderwood
Dallas, TX
AMC Grapevine Mills
Chicago, IL
AMC Showplace Niles
Atlanta, GA
AMC Colonial
Washington D.C.
AMC Hoffman
Philadelphia, PA
AMC 309
New Jersey
AMC Ridgefield Park
New York
AMC Empire
Vancouver, BC, Canada – Cineplex Silvercity Coquiltam
Toronto, ON, Canada – Cineplex Odeon Yonge & Dundas

Check out the trailer below.

Source: R2B 2012 / allkpop

R2B: Return to Base English promotions by CJ Entertainment.

2012-08-16

— Written and compiled by: Stephe @CloudUSA ^@rain-cloud.co.kr

Cross-posted from cloudusa.wordpress.com

cjeandm_r2benglishsitec_cusa.jpg?w=300

If I sound a little disjointed during this post, dear Clouds, it's because I'm doing round-off back-handsprings in my Sunday best down a church aisle somewhere. I am having an Out of Body experience. I am floored.

Behold,the R2B English site, trailer, and the North American movie dates they have so far, with more to come.

Next Friday, JiHoon's movie will be one hour from me and Terri, at the AMC Colonial 18 in the Atlanta suburb of Lawrenceville! Terri did get confirmation earlier today from Kjel, the AMC general manager, that R2B would indeed be opening there on August 24, but I'm only now getting the chance to do a post. Hey, it is what it is. And you all know what this means, don't you? CLOUDBURST! Bwahahaha.

R2B: Return to Base is 1 hour and 53 minutes long and, according to AMC, not rated. Show times are: 10:30 am, 1:20 pm, 4:10 pm, 7:00 pm, and 9:50 pm.

*holy rollin'*

*shuffle dancing*

*Running Man* *Roger Rabbit*

cjeandm_r2benglishsiteb_cusa.jpg

Please read its enirety at http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=2024&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Rain's endurance test for R2B: RETURN TO BASE shocks viewers

photo252342.jpg

The video clip of Rain's 9G pressure training is becoming a hot topic online. To prepare for production, the cast of "R2B: Return to Base" all underwent endurance tests to prevent symptoms that may be experienced from too much acceleration force in high-speed jets, including loss of consciousness and change in vision. The test measures G-force, which is a unit used to measure the force that a human body is subjected to when accelerated. A typical person can withstand about 5G before losing consciousness.

Wearing a G-suit, Rain shocked his costars and military trainers alike when he challenged himself with the pressure tests. Said his costar Kim Sung-soo, "Once you past the 6G test, you're ready to board a jet. Rain was the first one out of all of us to pass the 6G test". He continued, "You're pretty much set once you pass the 6G test. But Rain insisted that he do the 9G pressure test as well. He passed. Passing a 9G test is something that only the top 1% of jet pilots can do, and you certainly don't do a 6G and 9G test all in one day. The air force said that this is the first time anyone has done that".

Rain's costar, Yoo Joon-sang, succeeded in the 6G test after fainting during the first 2 tries. In order to get into character and into shape for the shooting of "R2B: Return to Base", the entire cast underwent training periods that lasted from 4 months to 1 year.

Source : www.r2b2012.com/... ( English Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Now showing

We Need to Talk About Kevin

The film explores the relationship between Eva (Tilda Swinton) and her son Kevin (Ezra Miller), who suffers from a psychological disorder. Directed by Lynne Ramsay. Runs 112 minutes. Rated 18 and over. In English with Korean subtitles.

R2B: Return to Base

08171302.jpg

Tae-hoon (Rain), a Black Eagles Air Force pilot, and his squad make preparations to stop a war, and rescue their missing comrade. Directed by Kim Dong- weon. Runs 113 minutes. Rated 15 and over. In Korean.

Total Recall

Douglas Quaid (Colin Farell), a factory worker, realizes that he is a spy when an error occurs in fake memories implanted by a company called Rekall. Directed by Len Wiseman. Runs 118 minutes. Rated 15 and over. In English with Korean subtitles.

Magic Mike

When Adam (Alex Pettyfer) enters the world of stripping, Magic Mike (Channing Tatum) takes him under his wings but feels uneasy. Directed by Steven Soderbergh. Runs 110 minutes. Rated 18 and over. In English with Korean subtitles.

I Am a King

Choong-nyeong (Joo Ji-hoon), the third son of the king, escapes the palace and assumes the identity of a slave to escape the pressure of succession. Directed by Jang Gyoo- seong. Runs 120 minutes. Rated 12 and over. In Korean.

Step Up: Revolution

Emily (Kathryn McCormick) arrives in Miami to follow her dream of becoming a dancer. Sean (Ryan Guzman), the leader of dance group “The Mob,” falls for her. Directed by Scott Speer. Runs 93 minutes. Rated 12 and over. In English with Korean subtitles.

The Grand Heist

Ice is a commodity more valuable than gold. But when corrupt officials conspire to fix its price, a gang of 11 professionals is formed to stop the scheme. Directed by Kim Joo-ho. Runs 121 minutes. Rated 12 and over. In Korean.

credit : Korea Times

[Review] R2B: Return to Base (By hana_Rain's sister)

source : hana cyworld / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

알투비 보고왔는데 재밌다 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4D로 보니 완던 실감나 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 의자 막 움직이고 바람 슝슝나오고 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 아 4D처음 본것마냥 ㅋㅋ으힉

암튼 너무재밌다

또보러가야지 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ롸져댓!

영화 에서 아부지~하는거

집에서 매일들었는데 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

아빠한테 하는거랑 똑같음 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

ost도 참 좋더라 유후~^^

cyworld.png

[English translaton]
credit : 화니

I enjoyed movie "R2B" (R2B:Return To Base)..kekekeke..

Seeing the movie in 4D, it seemed to like a real-life situation.kekekekekekekeke..
While I was watching the movie in 4D, my chair was rocking back and forth and the wind was blowing from somewhere, which exhilarated me as if I watched a 4D movie for the first time in my life.kekekeke..Wow..

Anyway, the movie was so hilarious that I want to watch it again.kekekeke..Roger that!

Every day at home, I heard my oppa (Rain) say "Ahbuji" (father), a line from the movie..kekekeke..

He (Rain) said the word (Ahbuji) in the same way as he did at home. kekekeke..

The OST of the film was also very good. Wow~^^

[2012-08-17 오후 3:48:15]

“R2B” Real Situation Was Shown On A TV Program

js61rY45.jpg

Actor Kim Sung Soo showed the real training video of the movie “R2B: Return to Base” on YTN “News N Issue – Issue N People” on Thursday. R2B gained alot of interest since Yoo Jun Sang passed out two times during the training, and finally managed to succeed on the third try.

Also, the scene where the trainer passed out made the audience surprised. Anchors asked if he was Jung Ji Hoon and Kim Sung Soo replied that it wasn’t him.

On the other hand, Kim Sung Soo acted for the movie “R2B: Return to Base.”

Photo Credit: YTN/ ohkpop

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Rain beats Big Bang’s G-Dragon with his clavicle August 17, 2012

20120817175612219.jpg

Rain has become the man with the most handsome bones.

Music site Monkey 3 (www.monkey3.co.kr) recently did a unique survey asking 450 people, “Who has the most handsome bones among male entertainers?” As a result, Rain ranked first receiving 46 percent of the votes (205 people).

The respondents said that the reasons they chose Rain is that he has a sexy clavicle, which could probably carry water. Rain, who is currently serving in the army, played the lead role in the movie R2B: Return to Base, which was recently released.

Big Bang’s G-Dragon, who will return to performing as a solo artist soon, ranked second by receiving 13 percent of the votes. Song Joong Ki, who will appear on KBS’s series The Nicest Man in the World, which will air in September, ranked third receiving 11 percent of the votes. They were followed by JYJ’s Park Yoo Chun, Lee Min Ho, and Jang Keun Suk.

• Source: TV Report//http://en.korea.com
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

12-08-17 [Cloud Notice]A notice about the relocation of the Cloud site.

Posted by ratoka on August 17, 2012 @memo-rain

Hi, I'm a 8th term Cloud executive member.

Cloud's official community site will temporarily be unavailable because its server IP will be

relocated beginning at 12:00 midnight on Friday 17 August 2012. (today)

It will take 2~3 hours and 1~2 days to finish that job in Korea and overseas countries,

respectively.

(However, the time required could vary in different countries. and it could depend on how

fast your country has Internet access.)

During this time, this site may be briefly unavailable as there is a problem with the server.

[The renewal of Cloud official community site] by Rainy Entertainment, has also entered

its final stretch, but the current company that manages the Cloud site server, has been

ordered to relocate the server IP, so this could inconvenience you.

When [the renewal of Cloud official community site] is completed, this site may be briefly

unavailable again due to the second relocation of the server. Please excuse us for the

way things are right now.

Cloud's new official community site will be opened soon, so I ask for your continuous

interest.

Thank you.

source : http://www.rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4809&b...=

12-08-17 Arirang News_R2B: Return to Base

August 18, 2012

Source:http://www.hancinema.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ru1i2qHiGgM

video by ratoka20128 on Aug 17, 2012@memo-rain

Art and Culture

photo252419.jpg

It's finally Friday and of course we are here with our Michelle Kim, who brings us some fun arts and culture events we can enjoy this weekend.

Hello Michelle

[Reporter : ] Hello Conn-young

So what do you have for us today

[Reporter : ] Although singer-actor Rain has been out of the public eye for a while because he's currently serving in the military, fans can see him again in a new film featuring him and other A-list actors like Yoo Joon-sang and Sin Se-kyeong. The film, "R2B: Return to Base", opened in Korea on Wednesday and is already attracting audiences. Here are the details.

It's fitting that Rain's last film before he went to fulfill his mandatory military service is Korea's first film about fighter planes. The film, "R2B: Return to Base", centers around Tae-hoon, a talented pilot and a troublemaker, who is transferred out of his elite unit when he performs a dangerous maneuver during an air show.

In his new unit, the 21st Fighter Wing, Tae-hoon finds friendship with his commander Dae-seo and a rivalry with Cheol-hee, the unit's top gun. He also finds love, as his relationship with a strict aircraft mechanic named Se-young develops from one of conflict to one of camaraderie. Everyone in the unit must work together when they are called to defend against a North Korean aircraft detected in South Korean airspace.

[interview : Rain, Actor] "I regained a sense of pride and respect for our country's air force pilots while I was filming this movie". The film, which features some fancy, high-altitude flights, got some help from the Korean Air Force and a Hollywood production crew. The fim's stars underwent a rigorous training regimen to prepare themselves to look and act like combat pilots.

[interview : Yoo Joon-sang, Actor] "All of the actors and actress put so much effort and heart into filming this movie and I hope it shows on screen. I also hope that audiences enjoy Korea's first attempt at a flight action film".

The film hopes to break new ground both in the air and at the box office.

This is certainly something new in Korean film and I'm sure the cast and crew worked extra hard to satisfy the audience and the public's high expectations.

[Reporter : ] They sure did. They underwent the actual tests that pilots need to take in order to fly combat planes. Actor Yoo Joon-sang said he passed out twice while taking the gravity test, which pilots take in order to test their reactions to various levels of acceleration. Rain reportedly took and aced two tests on the same day.

Sounds like a lot of hard work was put into this film. I'll definitely try to catch it tonight and I'm sure a lot of our viewers will do the same. Have you seen it ?

[Reporter : ] Well, I absolutely loved the first movie but you know, it's not the kind of movie you have extremely high expectations for. It's a classic action movie with classic action stars who are still in their prime and I think that alone makes it worth watching. The film is also as funny as it is fast paced.

Sounds like a great movie for all the action film fans out there. Thank you for that. And now to wrap things up, you have the events bulletin, right

[Reporter : ] Yes, so get ready to mark these dates on your calendars. Ulala Session will start a tour of Korea on the 25th and 26th of this month. Global Gathering Korea 2012 will start on the 5th of October and end on the 6th, and lastly singer-songwriter Jung Jae-hyung, and James Morrison will perform at 'The Beautiful Singer-Songwriter Series" on the 7th of October. Here are more details on these events.

This bulletin features 3 events

After winning the top award on the hit reality audition program "Superstar K", Ulala Session will hit five cities across the nation for its first concert tour. "The Beginning" tour will start in Seoul at Olympic Park's Olympic Hall on August 25th and 26th. From there, the band moves on to Busan, Gwangju and Daejeon, and ends in Daegu.

The Global Gathering will heat up Korea in the month of October. Featuring world renowned DJs like David Guetta, Bloody Beetroots, Jaguar Skills, East Collective, and more, the event for electronica music fans will be held at Caribbean Bay on the 5th and 6th of October.

Jung Jae-hyung and James Morrison will be performing as part of "The Beautiful Singer-Songwriter Series 2012" at the Yonsei University Amphitheater on the 7th of October. The program begins with Jung's beautiful piano melodies and ends with the sounds of Morrison's beautiful voice. Both artists will be accompanied by a full orchestra.

Thank you for the update. Have a great weekend and we will see you back here on Monday.

[Reporter : ] You, too, have a great weekend.

Reporter : dainee@arirang.co.kr

Source : www.arirang.co.kr/New... ( English Korean )

Read  at http://www.hancinema.net/art-and-culture-46434.html#rMTlVpPqjVpsEckd.99

Rain's "R2B: Return to Base" slated to open in North America

5%287%29.jpg

Singer and actor Rain (left) and actor Yoo Jun-sang (right) in a scene based in a military office for the aviation picture "R2B: Return to Base" released on August 15, 2012. [CJ E&M]

Rain's new aviation film "R2B: Return to Base” will soon make its landing in select theaters in North America. 0

On Friday, the movie’s promoter Younghwain told the magazine over the phone that the Korean blockbuster will open in several states throughout the United States starting August 24, while it will open in other regions on a later date.

The officials have previously revealed that "R2B" has secured distribution deals with 30 different countries in Asia and Europe before it made its premiere in Korea.

"R2B," Rain’s last feature before fulfilling his military service, also stars Yoo Jun-sang of “My Husband Got a Family” (KBS, 2012) and actress Shin Se-gyeong of thriller pic “Hindsight” (2011).

After landing in local theaters on August 15, the film attracted a total of 332,076 moviegoers in just two days with its story of life, love and comradeship of fighter pilots amid a risky situation in Korea.

Source:http://10.asiae.co.kr  

12-08-16 Friends FM - 김재욱의주고싶은마음듣고싶은얘기_Talk about R2B: Return to Base

2012-08-18

credit : onlyone0625/ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYslmKaJUBo&list=UUg7JndfNM1oJIo3GulqtGYQ&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KYslmKaJUBo

66666.jpg

12-08-13 SBS Radio - 김창렬 올드스쿨_ Talk about R2B: Return to Base

2012-08-18

credit : onlyone0625//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-frt-5pWHQ&list=UUg7JndfNM1oJIo3GulqtGYQ&index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-frt-5pWHQ&feature=player_embedded

5555.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

120817 Arirang TV _Showbiz Extra_ R2B Premiere (EN)

2012-08-18

4%2810%29.JPG

Credit: scorpiola // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube@rain-cloud.co.kr