Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

14-08-26 Rain & BESTie Haeryung
credit @BESTie_HR / ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/ 

Cube Entertainment artists “ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE” holds close to heart; Cube President Hong suffers from ALS

While the K-Pop world begin to learn more about ALS and the conditions that many of those who suffer with it face, Cube Entertainment artists have always been familiar with the plight. 

Their founder and president, Hong Seungsung is long known to suffer from ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig disease.

Singer and actor, Rain, who belongs to Cube Entertainment decided to donate $100,000 towards the research for a cure to ALS. In the video where Rain completes the Ice Bucket Challenge, he reveals, “My teacher and father figure, who has made me into what I am today, is fighting the disease in his third year. I am frustrated as to how I can help him, [this is] an expression of my gratitude and thankful heart.”

Cube Entertainment’s President, Hong Seungsung, has been with Rain since his days at JYP Entertainment. Joining the entertainment world in the 90s, President Hong has always worked closely with the biggest stars in Korea. 

Since the challenge has gone viral in Korea, Cube artists like BEAST Donjon, BTOB Seo Eunkwang, and A PINK Eunji have all participated in the challenge. 

The challenge has helped create awareness amongst not only artists in Korea, but also citizens and international fans too. Cube artists will definitely appreciate the support they have been receiving in showings support for not only their President, but all those who suffer from ALS.

Source:
10Asia / koreaboo

Rain becomes latest idol to join the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; nominates PSY, Megan Fox, Lee Byung Hun

Joining the hundreds of idols who have now joined the ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge”, the latest is idol and actor Rain!

Rain, who has been nominated by numerous people included SHINee’s Taemin, has finally completed the challenge! In the video, he nominates PSY, Lee Byung Hun, and Megan Fox!

Megan Fox recently mentioned that Rain was her ideal type, in an interview. By challenging Megan Fox, Rain might be the first to bridge the gap between US celebrities and K-Pop celebrities supporting the cause towards finding a cure for ALS. 

To find out more about ALS and how you can help to make a difference, please visit: http://www.alsa.org/donate/

Take a look at the video below and watch all the ALS Challenge videos on Facebook!

source ; koreaboo

itemprop="name"

*** I hope people will take time to learn more about Lou Gehrig’s disease and donate to the cause instead of just being swept up in the viral nature of the ice bucket challenge. (just my opinion -) That's why, I take the stand of RAIN - he tagged to do the challenge still make significant donations despite agreeing to take up the dare. But, the very purpose of spreading awareness and raising money has been quite successful. The ALS ice bucket challenge seems to be achieving a lot of media attention. No problem in that. But, do you believe challenges like these are effective in spreading awareness? 

itemprop="name"Rain completes the ice bucket challenge, nominates Megan Fox to go next

Screenshot_2014-08-24_13.47.50_2.png

Korean Superstar Rain has answered the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in a big way. Not only did he get super-drenched, he has become a rainmaker for ALS research by donating 100 million won (almost US$100,000) to a university hospital. He also named three other famous celebrities, including an American actress who still has a crush on him. And oh, lets not forget the video where he wears a thin white shirt.

It turns out that Rain's mentor suffers from ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. It is commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease for the famous American baseball player whose career was ended by the incurable disease.

Rain said in his video that participating in the ALS fundraising campaign carries a special meaning for him. He continued, "My father-like mentor, Hong Seung-sung, who led me to debut as a singer, has been suffering from the Lou Gehrig’s Disease for three years. I've always thought about how to return his love to express my gratitude." Hong is co-founder and CEO of Rain's agency, Cube Entertainment.

Aww... did they really have to pour ice water TWICE on him? Those tubs were large too. Rain handled it well, though.

I'm sure he didn't mean for his shirt to get so wet, but we fans are not going to complain about the thin white shirt that got really, really wet and almost transparent.

And guess who he nominated? Lee Byung Hun, PSY, and fangirl Megan Fox!

In the meantime, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has gone so viral in Korea that even the Wall Street Journal took notice. Rain's kind gesture in donating to ALS research to find new treatment for this debilitating disease is really commendable and sets a very positive example.

Thank you, Rain.

By the way, Rain and Krystal's new drama, My Lovable Girl will air starting September 17 after the conclusion of It's Okay, That's Love. You can sign up for new episode alerts HERE.

(Source: via)/ dramafever

*** This was an article last year but I don't think it was posted here.....Ye, Rain started the "ripped 6-pack" male idol trend. Rain is whole package. L-)

50 Most Influential K-pop Artists: 12. Rain

12. Rain [비]

Years of Activity: 1998-present (last regular album in 2008, last single in 2011)

Discography:
Bad Man [나쁜 남자] (2002)
Rain2 (2003)
It's Raining (2004)
Rain's World (2006)
Rainism (2008)

Representative Song:  How to Escape the Sun [태양을 피하는 방법] from Rain2

태양을 피하는 방법
How to Escape the Sun

울고있는 나의 모습 바보 같은 나의 모습
My crying self, my foolish self
환하게 비추는 태양이 싫어 태양이 싫어
I hate the sun, the sun that illuminates it brightly
누군가 날 알아보며 왜 우냐고 물어보면
When someone recognizes me and asks me why I cry
 대답을 해줄 수 없는게 너무 싫었어
I hated that I could not answer

태양을 피하고 싶어서 아무리 달려봐도
No matter how much I run to escape the sun
태양은 계속 내 위에 있고
The sun stays on top of me
너를 너무 잊고 싶어서 아무리 애를 써도
No matter how much I try to forget you
아무리 애를 써도 넌 내 안에 있어
No matter how much I try, you are inside me

아직도 너의 그 미소 나를 만졌던 그 두 손 그리워하는게 너무 싫어서 너무 싫어서
Because I hate, I hate still longing for your smile, those two hands that touched me
많은 사람들속에서 웃고 애길 나누면서 잊어보려 했지만 또 다시 눈물이 흘렀어
I tried to forget, laughing and talking among people, but a tear fell again

태양을 피하고 싶어서 아무리 달려봐도
태양은 계속 내 위에 있고
너를 너무 잊고 싶어서 아무리 애를 써도
아무리 애를 써도 넌 내 안에 있어

모두 다 내가 잊은줄 알아
Everyone thinks I forgot everything
하지만 난 미칠것 같아
But I think I'm going crazy
너무 잊고 싶은데
I really want to forget
지우고 싶은데 그게 안돼
I want to erase; but I cannot

태양을 피하고 싶어서 아무리 달려봐도
태양은 계속 내 위에 있고
너를 너무 잊고 싶어서 아무리 애를 써도
아무리 애를 써도 넌 내 안에 있어

(rap)
너무 깊이 박혀 뺄 수 없는 가시같이
Like a thorn that is stuck too deeply to be pulled
너무 깊히 다쳐 나을 수 없는 상처같이
Like a wound that is too deeply injured to be cured
너라는 사람 도무지 지워지질 않지
You simply cannot be erased
헤어져도 같이 살아가는 것같지
Even as we are apart, it is as if we are living together
눈물로 너를 다 흘려서 지워 버릴수만 있다면야
If I could drain you out and erase you with tears
끝없이 울어 내 눈물 강을 이뤄 흐를 정도로
I will cry endlessly to have a flowing river of my tears
많이 울어서라도 너를 잊고 제대로 살고 싶어
I will cry that much to forget to you, and live my life

Translation notes:  The juvenile lyrics is not the result of poor translation; this is one of the dumbest lyrics that the Korean ever had to translate.
In 15 words or less:  Pioneer of K-pop manhood
Maybe he should be ranked higher because...  Is there anyone in K-pop who has gone farther internationally than Rain?
Maybe he should be ranked lower because...  Is he anything more than a pretty face? Did he achieve anything musically?
Why is this artist important? Why is Rain important? Part of the answer is quite obvious. Before PSY burst onto the scene, Rain was the forerunner of the international expansion of K-pop. When he was not earning a spot in Time magazine's most 100 influential people in the world, Rain filmed a movie that may as well be a feature-length tribute to his ripped abs (i.e. Ninja Assassin.) His repeated appearance on the Colbert Report also made him a cult favorite, penetrating American culture like no other K-pop artist before him did.

But all of the foregoing pales compared to Rain's most significant achievement: he was the blueprint of K-pop manhood. Before Rain, K-pop's international outreach was mostly consisted of female artists, whose appeal did not require them to overcome any pre-existing stereotypes. (If anything, the prevailing stereotypes played in their favor.) In contrast, it took male K-pop artists a longer time to concoct the perfect blend of K-pop and masculinity.

In the end, Rain was the winning formula, the ideal mixture of boyish face, winsome smile, chiseled body, sensitive singing and sensual dancing. In this sense, even after Gangnam Style, Rain remains much more influential than PSY. Since Rain, every internationally-oriented male K-pop star aspired to be some version of Rain; PSY cannot say the same. Considering that those K-pop stars, collectively, are in the process of adjusting the international standard of what constitutes manliness, we may not have seen the full reverberation of Rain's global influence.
Interesting trivia:  Rain finished his military duty on July 10, 2013. During his service, he violated the military code of conduct by meeting with his girlfriend, the top actress Kim Tae-hee, during an official trip outside of the base. As a punishment, Rain was censured for seven days.

source : Ask a Korean!

*** "My Lovely Girl" fighting!  L-)

INFINITE's L, BESTie's Haeryung, and Rain spotted on the set of 'My Lovely Girl'

INFINITE-L-Rain-bestie-Haeryung_14091114http://static1.allkpop.com/upload/2014/08/af_org/INFINITE-L-Rain-bestie-Haeryung_1409111469_af_org.jpg

Rain, INFINITE's L, and BESTie's Haeryung were spotted on the set of their upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs drama 'My Lovely Girl'!

SEE ALSO: Pictures of Rain, Alex, and more on set of 'My Lovely Girl' revealed

Haeryung tweeted on August 27, "A snapshot taken with Rain sunbaenim! I wish that 'My Lovely Girl', which premieres on September 17, becomes daebak! I also received good energy from Rain sunbaenim who said that BESTie's new song 'I Need You' is very good. Thank you! hehe."

The drama's production company also shared behind-the-scenes photos of L playing with dogs on set. A rep revealed, "L brightened up the atmosphere on set with the way he has a bright smile when he plays around with the dog."

'My Lovely Girl' is set to premiere following 'It's Okay, That's Love' on September 17!

Haeryung_1409111485_20140827_L.jpg

source :allkpop

[ThetvSeoul]14-08-26 Megan Fox mention Rain

credit ThetvSeoul / memo-rain

class="content-title"Cube Entertainment Merges with Cube DC to Bring Rain, BEAST, 4Minute and Others under the Same Roof

Cube Entertainment Merges with Cube DC to Bring Rain, BEAST, 4Minute and Others under the Same Roof

Talent agency Cube Entertainment has merged with its subsidiary Cube DC, marking the birth of a larger and more diverse company.

On August 27, Cube Entertainment announced, “To increase our economic competitiveness and foster the synergy effect between the firms, we decided to acquire Cube DC.”

The companies approved the merger with a swap ratio of 1:0, meaning that Cube Entertainment has acquired 100% of Cube DC’s shares. Consequently, there will be no substantial change in the issuance of stocks.

It is unclear whether the merger will result in an increased amount of collaborative efforts among the artists and whether Cube DC artists will participate in the United Cube concert.

Cube DC has been the home to artists Rain, Shin Ji Hoon, No Ji Hoon, and actor Kwak Seung Nam, whereas Cube Entertainment hosts idol groups 4Minute, BEAST, G.NABTOB, Kim Ki Ri, Oh Ye Ri, Na Jong Chan and Cho Seo Ha, among others.

credit ; soompi news

class="post-title entry-title"BESTie's Haeryung takes a photo with Rain

bt.jpg

On August 27th, BESTie's Haeryung posted a photo she took with Rain on her SNS and wrote, “I took a picture with Rain! I hope ‘My Lovely Girl’ will succeed. Rain said that he enjoyed the new song of BESTie, ‘I Need You’, so I was much appreciated. Thank you.”
Haeryung was casted in SBS's new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘My Lovely Girl’ along with Rain, fx's Krystal, Infinite's L and more. She is trying to show her best acting and hope for the success of the drama.
Meanwhile, ‘My Lovely Girl’ is about the dream love story between the young, with the background is the entertainment industry of Korea. It will aired the 1st episode on September 17th.

Jenny@dkpopnews

ASK RAIN: Koreaboo interviews Rain as he prepares for “The Prince” film launch

tumblr_inline_navvvmeAGO1qzb80b.jpg

Koreaboo will be doing a short interview with Rain, while he’s in preparations to begin promotions for his latest Hollywood film, “The Prince”.

The Prince is based in the dirty and gritty side of New Orleans, where Paul (Josh Patric), nicknamed “Beth’s Dad”, goes looking for his missing daughter Beth (Gia Mantegna), who gets a little too involved with drugs and gets into trouble. As the story continues, we learn that Paul has a dark past, working as an assassin, the best there was in New Orleans. It seems that everybody in the city has ill will against him.  

Handsome and dashing, Rain plays Mark, an assistant and consultant for Omar. His entrance is quite impactful; he’s shooting and killing from the start, in a spiffy and classic black and white suit without even a blink of an eye.

Let us know if you have any questions for Rain, and we’ll pick some of the best to include in our interview!

Stay tuned for the full interview, only on Koreaboo.com

source : koreaboo

*** I seriously can't wait to see this! Rain looks young. This is a drama with lots of familiar idols in it. I'm not sure about the pairing... still not sure how it will work out between Krystal & Rain because it seemed kind of awkward seeing them together. The dog is just too cute. :))

'My Lovely Girl' gives a peek at Rain and Krystal's chemistry in first teaser

The first teaser for upcoming SBS drama, 'My Lovely Girl,' has now been released, giving a glimpse at the chemistry between Rain and f(x)'s Krystal!

Short and sweet, the teaser shows a hardworking Krystal toiling away while Rain soaks in the sun - that is until clouds cover the sky and Rain romantically shields Krystal from the rain (ironically enough) with a shirt tied around her head.

What are your thoughts on the chemistry between the two?  Meanwhile, the drama starts airing September 17.

source : allkpop

*** Good that there’s a merger because I never understand why some companies want to create so many subsidiaries. This is perfect! Now everyone can be a big family. This will make it easier for everyone. Now I won’t get confused with all artists under Cube. Cube Entertainment, FIGHTING!  :))

Cube Entertainment merges with Cube DC bringing Rain, Roh Ji Hoon, 4minute, B2ST, and more under one roof

misc_1409135009_af_org.jpg

Cube Entertainment has fully merged with its subsidiary company Cube DC, bringing artists from both agencies together.

On August 27, Cube Entertainment announced, "In order to increase our management efficiency and synergy between the agencies, we've decided to merge together." The parent company now owns 100% of Cube DC's shares, and there will be no substantial effect in terms of stock issuance.

Cube DC has managed names like Rain, Shin Ji Hoon, Roh Ji Hoon, and actor Kwak Seung Nam, while Cube Entertainment is home to idols 4minute, B2ST, G.NA, and BTOB as well as Kim Ki Ri, Oh Ye Ri, Na Jong Chan, and Jo Seo Ha.

Maybe we can look forward to collaborations? Stay tuned!

source : allkpop

misc_1409135009_af_org.jpg

class="titleNews"Cube Entertainment to Merge with Subsidiary Company Cube DC

Cube Entertainment will be merging with its subsidiary company Cube DC.

Cube Entertainment announced on August 27, “In order to increase the efficiency of administration and bring synergy effects, we’ve decided to merge with Cube DC.”

Cube Entertainment to Merge with Subsidiary Company Cube DC

The percentage of merger will be 1:0, Cube Entertainment-Cube DC since Cube Entertainment owns 100 percent of Cube DC’s shares.

Cube DC currently houses Rain, Shin Ji hoon, No Ji Hoon and actor Kwak Seung Nam and more. Cube Entertainment houses 4Minute, B2ST, G.Na, BTOB, Kim Kiri, Oh Yeri, Na Jong Chan, Jo Seo Ha and more.

Photo credit: Cube Entertainment / enews

class="content-title"First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Drama “My Lovely Girl” Starring Rain and f(x) Krystal

First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Drama “My Lovely Girl” Starring Rain and f(x) Krystal

The first ever teaser video for SBS’ new Wednesday-Thursday drama “My Lovely Girl” has finally been released!

On August 27, the drama’s production team uploaded the short video clip onto SBS’ YouTube channel.

In the 24-second teaser, you can see the two main leads, Hyun Wook (played by singer-actor Rain) and Se Na (f(x)’s Krystal) as they fatefully meet and interact with one another.

my lovely girl teaser

“My Lovely Girl” is a drama set in the music industry. It depicts the story of a man and a woman who are both carrying wounds caused by love, but are still passionate about music. The two of them happen to meet by chance and come face to face with a miraculous love.

The upcoming SBS drama will be airing its very first episode this coming September 17, so make sure to tune in, and check out the teaser above!

credit : soompi news

[28-aug-14][wiki kpop]‘BESTie’ Hye Ryung to Reveal Friendly Selfie with Rain

aaa.jpg?width=750

Girl group ‘BESTie’ member Hye Ryung revealed a friendly selfie taken with Rain.

On the 27th, she revealed a photo on her sns and wrote “With Rain sunbaenim! Wishing the bestest luck on a drama <My Lovable Girl> which premiers in September 17th. I also got some great karma from him as he praised BESTie’s new song ‘I Need You’. Thank you!” and shared a photo.

In the revealed photo, Rain and Hye Ryung are posing friendly next to each other and grabbing our attention with their great looks.

Rain and ‘BESTie’ Hye Ryung are cast in SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama <My Lovable Girl>. The drama is about Hyun Wook (played by Rain) from a large entertainment label and a wanna be star Sena (played by Kristal). In the drama, Hye Ryung is cast as ‘Ra Eum’ who is a a top star with talented vocal and gorgeous look. The drama premiers in September 17.

Meanwhile, BESTie will show the first comeback stage in Mnet <M! Countdown> on the 28th and release their new track on the 29th.

source wiki kpop / memo-rain

class="postitle"she’s so lovable drops sunny first teaser

ssl_2

RAIN LOOKS HOT. And the drama feels more spritely than I expected. Rain looks more like an indulgent older brother but I guess the vibe fits the bill for the initial part of the drama. I don’t think he imagined he would fall in love with the younger sis of his previous-and departed girlfriend, and it would be natural to care for her in a familial way.

ssl_1

So I’m guessing the OTP’s first meeting would at the old house of Rain’s deceased girlfriend. He heads there for sentimental reasons and bumps into his lover’s younger sister there. He discovers she has a lovely voice while she hums while bathing the dog…hahaha. Well, just a wild guess based on the teaser. And again gathering from the teaser, they would be drawn to each other by their common passion for music and singing.

ssl_3

ssl_4

ssl_5

Chemistry aside and purely from an aesthetic point of view, Rain and Krystal make a very good-looking pair. I trust Rain will build on his chemistry with Krystal as the drama progresses because he’ll be the one undergoing more emotional turmoil and changes than her when he realises what he feels more her is more than just brotherly affection. Anyway, I love Rain so I’m more glad than anything that he’s back in dramaland. She’s So Lovable will premier September 17 on SBS.

source : http://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/shes-so-lovable-drops-sunny-first-teaser/

140828 Rain & f(x) krystal @ My Lovely Girl set 

credit u_s55k

http://instagram.com/p/sOl9JGKzMk/?modal=true

credit : ratoka -

*** TODAY, August 29 is the release of the movie, "The Prince" in Vietnam

:))

*** This video is TEASER 1................... L-)

Rain teases a hint from upcoming drama, “My Lovely Girl”

tumblr_inline_nazfv56EHD1qaqdgw.jpg

On one of his tweets earlier today, Rain released snippets from the upcoming drama, which features him and his leading lady, Krystal. The photos were taken from the official trailer released by SBS.

“My Lovely Girl” is about Hyunwook, played by Rain, a President of an entertainment company who loses his girlfriend in a car accident. The scenario changes when he meets the character Sena, played by Krystal, who is his late girlfriend’s younger sister. 

“My Lovely Girl” will start airing on September 17th via SBS. The drama will replace once “It’s Okay, It’s Love” ends. 

Check out the official trailer below:

Source: Rain’s Twitter and fx2younet / koreaboo

*** These are captures from both TEASERS 1 & 2 .................. :))

14-08-27 My lovely girl Cap picture

cz1.jpg?width=750

cz2.jpg?width=750

cz3.jpg?width=750

cz4.jpg?width=750

cz5.jpg?width=750

cz6.jpg?width=750

cz7.jpg?width=750

cx1.jpg?width=750

cx2.jpg?width=750

cx3.jpg?width=750

cx4.jpg?width=750

cx5.jpg?width=750

cx6.jpg?width=750

cap by ratoka

credit : memo-rain

[Fancam]14-08-28 Rain @ My Lovely Girl set

credit ssaemvely
http://instagram.com/p/sPOTXeqbpJ/

credit : memo-rain

itemprop="name"7 TV shows that would make amazing K-dramas

There are so many wonderful television shows from all over the world. As Korean dramas are rapidly expanding and becoming popular all around the world as well, it would be very cool to see K-drama versions of our other favorite TV shows! Here are a few shows that would make interesting Korean dramas.

(skipped unrelated.....)

4. Supernatural

Screen_Shot_2014-08-25_at_4.52.41_PM_1.p

Two amazingly good looking brothers who drive around the country saving people and hunting bad things; what more could you want in a show? The younger brother could be a total flower boy like Lee Jong Suk and the older brother could be a more manly type like Rain!

What other shows do you think would make interesting K-Dramas?

source : dramafever

First teaser video released of Rain and Krystal in upcoming SBS drama "My Lovely Girl"

photo478478.jpg

The teaser video for the new SBS drama "My Lovely Girl" was released via YouTube on the 27th.

The 23-second video shows Hyeon-wook (Rain) and Sena (Krystal) meeting like it was fate and connecting with each other. It's short, but it's enough to linger in everyone's minds. Rain and Krystal appear to be impressive in the video.

As soon as the video was released, it rose to be the most searched video on various portal sites.

"My Lovely Girl" will be broadcasted on the 17th of next month after "My Lovely Girl". It's about a man and a woman in the show biz industry falling in fated love.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

Translation : Hancinema