Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***His comeback was a make or break moment for RAIN. Although, he was absent for almost (2) years in the limelight, I could see that he still keeps pace with other young idols. It’s getting lonely at the top without RAIN. That’s why, he’s doing his best to step up again and reclaim the mantle, otherwise so many will be more than willing to answer the call. Although, there are so many haters it isn’t the beginning and end of his career. I could see that he can age with his music. That “fierce image” when he’s on-stage is still there. And I’m honestly happy about it. The album had a lot of catchy, likeable songs on it that blended well together. RAIN still commands mass appeal. It’s a badass concept this time around. His performances of “30Sexy” & “LA Song” have been moving and well done. It has been mind-blowingly awesome, & got the girls excited. Honestly, I saw RAIN having fun while performing on stage again. That’s what always set him apart for me — not just the sexiness on-stage and swag but also how much fun he used to have on stage. And it’s still there & will always be there – that RAIN’s POWER on-stage when he performs. I think this is a really good way to describe RAIN. Comebacks should be exciting, and I’m excited for RAIN. In k-pop you have to start off young so that you can build up a fanbase and recognition, this solidifies their career when they are older, which gives their career more longevity. I guess that will happen to RAIN. Here's to hoping that 2014 will be a much more fruitful year for him.L-)

140130 KBS_아침뉴스타임_가요계 ‘비진아’열풍

credit : scopiola 

Video here

http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/NewsCategory.do?SEARCH_SECTION=0001&SEARCH_CATEGORY=0008&

Guest merycote

willenette said:

***His comeback was a make or break moment for RAIN. Although, he was absent for almost (2) years in the limelight, I could see that he still keeps pace with other young idols. It’s getting lonely at the top without RAIN. That’s why, he’s doing his best to step up again and reclaim the mantle, otherwise so many will be more than willing to answer the call. Although, there are so many haters it isn’t the beginning and end of his career. I could see that he can age with his music. That “fierce image” when he’s on-stage is still there. And I’m honestly happy about it. The album had a lot of catchy, likeable songs on it that blended well together. RAIN still commands mass appeal. It’s a badass concept this time around. His performances of “30Sexy” & “LA Song” have been moving and well done. It has been mind-blowingly awesome, & got the girls excited. Honestly, I saw RAIN having fun while performing on stage again. That’s what always set him apart for me — not just the sexiness on-stage and swag but also how much fun he used to have on stage. And it’s still there & will always be there – that RAIN’s POWER on-stage when he performs. I think this is a really good way to describe RAIN. Comebacks should be exciting, and I’m excited for RAIN. In k-pop you have to start off young so that you can build up a fanbase and recognition, this solidifies their career when they are older, which gives their career more longevity. I guess that will happen to RAIN. Here's to hoping that 2014 will be a much more fruitful year for him.L-)

Rain, opened the picture with 50 Cent… global connection

8483_1.jpg

The singer Rain(Jung Ji-Hoon) showed his global personal connection. Rain posted a photo to his Instagram on 28th, with the mention “Following ‘Rain Jin-Ah’, with 50 Cent.” In the picture two seems friendly. Two are wearing suit. Rain is smiling relaxedly. 50 Cent is a singer and also an actor of US. Two appeared at the movie ‘The Prince’ and became a friend. Netizens who saw the picture of Rain and 50 Cent said, “Rain he has global connection”, “I expect their movie” and “Suit fits nicely to them.” [Photo= Rain Instagram]

source : Innolife.co.kr

Guest lexus123

RAIN is in Los Angeles now!  Kim Tae Hee is already there. Her agency confirmed it on January 29. and Martin Kim (Manager of Korean Affairs & Corporate Partnerships Los Angeles Dodgers) uploaded a picture of him with Rain in Los Angeles on his facebook account on January 31.
1546440_626634524076418_1737330303_n.jpg

source KimbiFB

merycote said: willenette said:

Rain-PSY-Lee Byung Hun Who Top Star stir the year of the blue horse?

1800415_626720940734443_1944940433_n.jpg

First place. Rain, The Peak of Love Luck! 
Among three world stars, Rain is the most luck in love with Kim Tae Hee, fortune and popularity

Tied for second place. Lee Byung Hun

Tied for second place. PSY

credit sports seoul

Courtesy of KimBi FB

14-01-31 Rain Official Fanmeeting in Yokohama Poster
credit : @rain06251982 / ratoka

@29rain 새해 복 많이 받으세요 1주일 후 일본에서 만나는 것을 기다리고 있습니다 촬영 힘내세요 화이팅‼︎‼︎ pic.twitter.com/GfcMmNj6X1

poster3.jpg

***He was not feeling well during this time - :(

14-01-02 Rain picture

Credit : DC / ratoka

w1%2811%29.jpg

w2%288%29.jpg

w3%285%29.jpg

140121 东方卫视(Dragon TV)_娱乐星天地(Star Space)_Rain @ Movie 'Burning Blood Youth' VIP Premiere 

Credit: 娱乐星天地1 @ tudou / scorpiola

Rain @ 01:20~

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/edIcGDebp6M/

***Does it mean RAIN appeared in the show?

:(

[KBS]14-02-02 Superman is Back_Rain & Choo Sa Rang (Next Week Preview)
credit : ratoka

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1avkfw_14-02-02-superman-is-back-rain-choo-sa-rang-next-week-preview_music

class="content-title"Celebrities Who Own the Most Wealth in Real Estate

Celebrities Who Own the Most Wealth in Real Estate

On February 2, Chaebul.com assessed 42 buildings owned by 36 celebrities following the standards of the National Tax Service. The results showed Lee Soo Man, president of SM Entertainment, owns the most expensive building among the celebrities on the list. A building located in Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul under Lee Soo Man’s name is worth over 19 billion won (approx. $17 million). The real transaction price for the building is worth three times more to about 54-56 billion won (approx. $50 million).

Former group members Seo Taiji and Yang Hyun Suk, CEO of YG Entertainment took the No. 2 and No. 3 spots. Seo Taiji owns a building in Nonhyun-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (10.2 billion won approx. $11 million) and another building in Jongro-gu, Seoul (5.8 billion won approx. $5.4 million) with a total worth up to 16 billion won (approx. $16.5 million). Yang Hyun Suk owns a building in Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul (3.5 billion won approx. $3.3 million) and a building in Seogyo-dong (11.9 billion won approx. $11 million) with a total of 15.4 billion won approx. $14.3 million).

Singer and actor Rain owns a building in Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul worth 8.8 billion won (approx. $8.1 million) and another building in Shinsa-dong worth 3.4 billion won (approx. $3.2 million) totaling up to 12.2 billion won (approx. $11.3 million). Actor Kwon Sang Woo filled the No. 5 spot with a building worth 11.4 billion won (approx. $10.6) in Yatap-dong, Bundang-gu. In No. 6 spot was actor Song Seung Hun with a building located in Jamwon-dong, Seoul worth 11.2 billion won (approx. $10.4 million). Actress Jun Ji Hyun was the only female celebrity on the list owning a building located in Nonhyun-dong (7.1 billion won approx. $6.6 million) and a building in Ichon-dong, Yongsan-gu (3.2 billion won approx. $2.9 million) with a total price tag of 10.3 billion won (approx. $9.5 million).

The transaction prices of these buildings are said to be three times more than the actual prices set by the National Tax Service. Chaebul.com reported, “Over 70% of the celebrity-owned buildings are located in Gangnam-gu, and most are leased out.”

Source  / soompi news

Update on 9th Cloud Registration
credit : huhuhuhu

I have now leveled up all the 9th Clouds.   I am sorry some confusion arouse because in some countries the sender did not have the option to choose to pay for the PayPal fees.  As a result some payments were short of the net US$32 we need to receive, and I had no choice but to return the payment.  There were some payments which I returned but I did not receive the correct payment yet.  I had written to all those concerned.  Please check your email and please don't let this discourage you from joining 9th Cloud.  Please send in your membership fee asap. 

There were also some cases when payments were made without giving the name and Cloud ID.  I managed to verify most  but failed on a couple.  Emails were sent and I hope to get your clarification asap so that we could level up the right person to 9th Cloud.

If you have paid your membership fee but your cloud icon hasn't turned "pink" yet, and you did not get a message from me, please contact me so that we could sort out your case.

I will provide a members list to the Cloud Executive on 2 Feb, so I hope to close all the "outstanding" cases before then.

I will report separately on the Rain Effect donation and group purchase project after we complete 9th Cloud registration.  I am sorry some CDs were damaged during delivery, but I wish to thank all those of you who joined in this initiative.  It really, really made an impact. Sorry to keep those of you waiting for the arrival of the CD - my sincere apologies.

Singers PSY and Rain To Both Spend Lunar New Year In LA

Two global stars, Psy and Rain, will both be in LA this lunar new years.

singers-psy-and-rain-to-both-spend-lunar

Two global stars, Psy and Rain, will both be in Los Angeles this lunar new years.

Both stars will be on planes to LA on the day of the lunar new years.

Although their schedules and plans in LA are different, they will both be overseas during this holiday.

Many are also curious to see if the two will meet in LA as well, although their purposes in visiting LA are different.

It was revealed that Psy was visiting LA to prepare for his comeback. He is currently at the last stages of his album preparations and has decided to spend his holiday working instead.

Psy and his American manager Scooter Braun are currently discussing when to release his new album and what type of promotions he will be doing. Earlier in the month on the 14th, Psy also shot a music video featuring global hip hop star Snoop Dogg in Incheon, Korea. Many people are anticipating a great music video from these two world stars.

They believe that he will make a comeback sometime in February or March.

Rain has flown over to LA to film his scenes for the Hollywood movie, "The Prince." He has recently finished promotional activities for his 6th studio album titled, "Rain Effect", and left on the 26th to LA to finish filming for the movie.

This is Rain's first Hollywood film in 5 years, since his last one in 2009. Other global stars such as Bruce Willis and John Cusack are set to appear in this movie as well. Rain's character is a courageous but a cold charcter named "Mark".

Photos were also seen online of Rain and rapper 50 Cent, showing that he is busy meeting and discussing with producers and stars. He currently does not have a set date as to when he will return to Korea, because of the remaining work that needs to be done for this movie.

Rain also plans to audition for a couple of other Hollywood movies while in LA as well.

source : kpopstarz

RAIN mentioned -----

class="title"Psy headed to Los Angeles

tumblr_inline_n09pxzB6Ju1rcuxz9.jpg

Psy has headed to Los Angeles on the 31st to finalize his comeback song and promotions with his manager, Scooter Braun.

Psy’s comeback is scheduled to be between February and March and has also revealed that he will be filming music videos for most of his songs on the new album.

With Rain also being in Los Angeles filming in the new upcoming Hollywood movie, “The Prince”, many fans have started wondering if the two will meet.

The two are known to be quite close and contact each other regularly, and thus many people are interested in whether the two will meet up in Los Angeles, and how they will be spending their lunar new years.

Source: Star News / koreaboo

February 3, 2014

SM boss has priciest property

Lee Soo-man, the president of SM Entertainment, owns the most expensive property among his peers, according to the latest findings by Chaebul.com.

The website, which aggregates the properties and incomes of the wealthiest people in Korea, has published this year’s list of the top 36 celebrities who own some 42 buildings.

The website noted that including Lee, there were seven people who owned buildings that cost 10 billion won ($9.2 million) or more.

But of all the properties owned by celebrities, Lee’s building in Apgujeong, southern Seoul, was valued the highest, at about 19 billion won.

The appraisal was based on National Tax Service criteria, with considerations to Lee’s income tax, which means that the real market value could be as much as triple the sum reported by the website.

After Lee, musician Seo Tai-ji and YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun-suk were in second and third place, with their respective properties totaling 16 billion won and 15 billion won.

Others to make the list were singer Rain, actors Kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-hun and Jun Ji-hyun.

More than 73 percent of the buildings owned by celebrities on the list were in Cheongdam-dong and Sinsa-dong, both in southern Seoul.

By Carla Sunwoo

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** RAIN is going back now to Seoul! L-)

14-02-03 Rain @ LAX Airport
CREDIT : 蒋亚平 WEIBO / ratoka

偶遇韩国天王级偶像郑智薰(정지훈/Jung Ji Hoon)就是Rain啦,一起过安检、他要去中国,有人来接机么? 我在

美国,California,Los Angeles,Westchester/Playa del Rey,90045 - 显示地图

aa1%288%29.jpg

aa2%285%29.jpg

aa3%282%29.jpg

aa4%280%29.jpg

*** The cable music channel Mnet has launched again the “Legend 100 Songs”. I’m sure Psy’s “Gangnam Style” in 2012 will be included here & I hope RAIN, too.  The “Legend 100 Songs” documentary program will air in two parts, tomorrow and on Feb. 11. Songs from the list will also be featured on this week and next week’s episodes of “M Countdown.” This is a follow-up to last year’s “Legend 100 Artists”.L-)

14-01-10 30sexy MV making
credit : ratoka

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=55742862

The Way Rain Poured Down into the Acting World

ekvzfm

We already knew from his debut that Rain was going to go places with his excellent singing and dancing skills, but we never knew how talented this man was when it came to acting. To our surprise, Rain casually transitioned into the world of acting like it was nothing and perfectly fit into all the characters he′s been given in both dramas and movies, earning much praise, tagged along by trophies as evidence.

The adventures into the acting world still continues for Rain, but we jump into the past and see what this star has done to make himself a household name.

Sang Doo, Let’s Go to School!

Appearing in your first drama as a rookie is rough, but it’s even rougher to be the main lead. Somehow, Rain managed with flying colors.

Rain played Cha Sang Doo in 2003 for KBS’ Sang Doo, Let’s Go to School! He played a smooth gigolo, who was only seducing ladies to support his sick daughter as a single dad. When he finds out that his first love (Gong Hyo Jin) is a high school teacher, he decides to become a student again to regain her love, while fighting against the obstacles that come his way.

The cast, the story, the team, and the overall project ended up as a huge success, raking in a lot of the awards at the end of the year.

Being named the Best New Actor at the 2003 KBS Drama Awards, Rain’s acting career kicked off into the right direction.

Full House

Let’s just say, this is the drama that really got Rain’s name out there and beyond as an actor.

In 2004, Rain became Lee Young Jae on KBS’ Full House, playing opposite Song Hye Kyo. Playing the snobbish top star, who somehow ends up living with a complete stranger, Rain had viewers rolling in laughter with his Three Bears aegyo, and the ladies swooning as Lee Young Jae’s icy exterior begins to melt off and hearts fly everywhere.

Like Sang Doo, Full House was considered a huge success, airing in different countries outside of Korea.

It also allowed Rain to jump from the Rookie Award to the Top Excellence Award, and not many can just do that.

A Love to Kill

Different from his previous dramas, Rain took a huge change in his acting career, moving past his bubbly characters to the dark and gloomy Kang Bok Gu in KBS’ A Love to Kill in 2005.

Compared to his past projects, this drama wasn’t as raved about despite its stellar cast, but nonetheless appreciated by the viewers for its attempt to step out of the usually stereotypical plotlines of Korean dramas.

Rain proved his worth as an actor, being able to digest completely contrasting roles.

I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Okay

After A Love to Kill, Rain turned to another corner, diving in the movie world with I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Ok.

Directed by Park Chan Wook, I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Ok proved to be an out-of-the-ordinary kind of movie about patients in a mental institution that learn to take care of each other in their own bizarre ways.

Paired up with Lim Soo Jung, Rain put on quite the performance as Park Il Soon, an anti-social kleptomaniac. While the movie wasn’t as well-received in the box office, I’m a Cyborg, but That’s Okay remains a title that people still remember.

Ninja Assassin

While this wasn’t Rain’s big debut into Hollywood (Speed Racer was), Ninja Assassin brought his name up in the US.

Not only did he have a hot bod during the movie, Rain showed that he’s been working hard on both his acting and his English for his role as Raizo.

The movie might not have been well received by critics, but Rain ended up taking the “Biggest Badass” award at the MTV Movie Awards.

Plus, now that he’s stepped foot into Hollywood and made some friends along the way, Rain is preparing for his next big thing, The Prince, starring Bruce Willis, John Cusack, and other big Hollywood names.

The Way Rain Poured Down into the Acting WorldThe Way Rain Poured Down into the Acting WorldThe Way Rain Poured Down into the Acting WorldThe Way Rain Poured Down into the Acting WorldThe Way Rain Poured Down into the Acting World

source : RECAP

class="at_ttl"K-Drama Actors Who Own Some Serious Real Estate

Several k-drama actors have racked up some serious real estate holdings.

For example, it's fitting that Super Junior member Choi Siwon was recently cast in the Chinese version of "The Heirs," as the singer and actor is a real life heir. Not only does he have income from the group's successful records and concerts, but he also earns money for his dramas and commercials. In 2011 he made the most profit among Super Junior members by filming commercials in Thailand, China and Taiwan. And he comes from a wealthy family.

(skipped unrelated.....)

A recent survey by Chaebul.com, used standards applied by the National Tax Service, to rank 42 buildings owned by 36 Korean celebrities.

Lee Soo Man, president of SM Entertainment, had the most expensive building in Apgujeong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, which given his celebrity connection, is likely to sell for over $20 million. The second and third celebrities on the list were Seo Taiji, formerly of Seo Taiji and the Boys and Yang Hyun Suk of YG Entertainment.

In third place was singer and actor Rain, who starred in the drama "Full House" and is currently in the U.S. filming "The Prince" with Bruce Willis. Rain owns a building worth $8.1 million and another worth $3.2 million.

The survey found that most celebrities owning real estate had properties in the fashionable neighborhood of Gangnam-gu and that the buildings were leased out.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

willenette said: Nancyzak said: merycote said: willenette said:

*** RAIN is going back now to Seoul! L-)

14-02-03 Rain @ LAX Airport
CREDIT : 蒋亚平 WEIBO / ratoka

偶遇韩国天王级偶像郑智薰(정지훈/Jung Ji Hoon)就是Rain啦,一起过安检、他要去中国,有人来接机么? 我在

美国,California,Los Angeles,Westchester/Playa del Rey,90045 - 显示地图

*** RAIN will release a

***Oh, I guess this time this is dedicated now to KTH. Can't wait for it!

:))

Rain to release repackaged album with new title track 'I Love You'

Rain_1391494308_af_org.jpg

Rain will show you more of what it means to be 30 and sexy with a special edition repackaged album of 'RAIN EFFECT' with new title track "I Love You"!

SEE ALSO: Rain hangs out with American rapper 50 Cent

After making an energetic comeback with double title tracks "30SEXY" and "La Song", Rain will show a softer side of him with ballad song "I Love You" which he directly participated in the composing and writing process. "I Love You" is a confessional love song which expresses how a man feels when in love, possibly dedicated to his special someone (*wink wink*). The repackaged edition also consists of a "30 Sexy Remix" as well as a 64-page booklet and 36 page notebook.

The repackaged album will be available for sale online on the 7th and in stores on the 11th!

source : allkpop

class="tit_detail"[HOT] Richest Korean Celebrities

We all know one of the richest job is to be the celebritiy!

Let us find out who are some of the richest celebrities in Korea.

<Rich celebrities as bussinessman>

Respectively the building value:

Lee Soo Man 1,908,000won

Suh Tae Ji 1,604,000won

Yang Hyun Suk 1,535,000won

<Rich in terms young han-ryu celebrities>

Respectively:

Bi 1,215,000won

Gwon Sang Woo 1,144,000won

Song Seung Hyun 1,122,000won

Jang Geun Suk 535,000won

<Rich Woman celebrities>