Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[07-Jan-14][billboard]Rain Makes Grand Return With Sixth Album 'Rain Effect'

Posted by memo-rain on January 8, 2014

bi.jpg

The K-pop veteran bounces back with two blazing singles "30Sexy" and "La Song."

Singer/actor Rain -- a pioneer of the "Hallyu Wave" (aka Korean Wave) -- has released his hotly-anticipated sixth full-length album "Rain Effect," reassuring fans and critics he hasn't missed a beat during his four-year absence from the spotlight spending two fulfilling Korea's mandatory military service.

Despite being in the hot seat for a highly-publicized relationship with superstar actress Kim Tae Hee, as well as public backlash after being investigated for violating service regulations (which was later dismissed), Rain re-solidifies his position in the K-pop firmament with this latest offering.

"Rain Effect," released under Cube Entertainment (Beast, 4Minute, G.NA), dropped Jan. 2 along with accompanying music videos for double lead singles "30Sexy" and "La Song."

"30Sexy" is an electrifying dance jam charged with knocking hip-hop drumbeats and sticky synths, in which Rain surely seduces women confidently gushing about being 30 and sexy. In the music video, the singer is slickly dressed, exuding his tantalizing charisma while flashing hip-thrusting action.

Meanwhile, "La Song" is a hypnotic, Latin-flavored dance cut that moves Rain away from his typical musical motifs. It's a bombastic production with a full-on banging beat, trombone-driven melody and a repetitive chorus highlighted by grungy vocals and rapping.

The video features Rain in a grimy neighborhood, flaunting his fancy footwork.

Among 10 tracks, all co-written and co-composed by Rain, other notable tracks include woozy club banger "Where are You Going, Oppa," featuring HyunA, and a sweet serenade to his beautiful woman, titled "Marilyn Monroe."

The album pours out Rain's sonic experimental tendencies as well as his oozing pride and confidence as a 13-year K-pop veteran.

source : http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/5862358/rain-makes...

-----------------------------------------

Billboard Praises Rain, 'K-POP Veteran Bounces Back' 

January 8, 2014

1lch9skvvawvf0rki75xzj06gishpr1g.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] America's biggest music medium Billboard announced the return of Rain as 'K-POP Veteran's Grand Return.'
On January 8, Billboard posted a column about Rain's new album release. The editor wrote that the musician's new album 'Rain Effect' is a grand comeback that Rain made in four years and that he is the pioneer of K-Wave (Hallyu).
Then, Billboard referred Rain's album that "The album pours out Rain's sonic experimental tendencies as well as his oozing pride and confidence as a 13-year K-pop veteran."
Followed by the album's review, Billboard praised double title songs of this album, '30SEXY' and 'La Song.' About '30SEXY,' the editor reviewed that it is an electrifying dance jam with knocking drumbeats and synthesizer sound. Then, the editor continued writing about 'La Song' as 'bombastic production with a full-on banging beat.'
After this column was written, America's well-known critics Jeff Benjamin Twitted this column twice on his Facebook and said 'Rain Effect' has the best beat he has ever listened among all pop music.
Meanwhile, Rain collaborated with LG Electronic and LG Display for his music video and the video will be aired at all LG stores in the world and Las Vegas conference show in February. (photo by Cube Entertainment)

14-01-08 Rain @ Mnet Comeback Special 'Rain effect' recording

credit as tagged //DC //@mongshari //@rainsbreath//@prikumi//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

A12%283%29.jpg

a16.png

a18%282%29.jpg

a19%282%29.jpg

a20%281%29.jpg

a21.gif

a22%280%29.JPG

a23%280%29.jpg

a1%2856%29.jpg

a2%2834%29.jpg

a3%2821%29.jpg

a4%2822%29.jpg

A5%2811%29.JPG

A6%2810%29.jpg

A7%2810%29.jpg

a8%287%29.JPG

A9%287%29.JPG

A10%285%29.jpg

A11%284%29.jpg

A12%282%29.jpg

A13%282%29.jpg

A14%282%29.jpg

A15%282%29.jpg

A16%282%29.jpg

a17%282%29.jpg

--------------------------------------

140108 Mnet_Rain Effect _Comeback Special D-1

Credit; Mnet//scorpiola

[01-09] 140108 cubeunited tweets Rain Effect showcase waiting room

CUBE ENTERTAINMENT ‏@cubeunited

#RAIN '컴백 쇼케이스' #RainEffect
Are you ready? #LASONG #30SEXY pic.twitter.com/zmvT69eXQo

Bdc95WvCUAA_Sif.jpg

----------------------------------------

[01-09] 14-01-08 SBS - Hamban TV_Mention Rain

14-01-08 SBS - Hamban TV_Mention Rain

credit:ratoka

http://www.dailymotion.com/video ... -mention-rain_music

anjjo said:

Billboard Praises Rain, 'K-POP Veteran Bounces Back' 

January 8, 2014

[by Cho Suyoun] America's biggest music medium Billboard announced the return of Rain as 'K-POP Veteran's Grand Return.'
On January 8, Billboard posted a column about Rain's new album release. The editor wrote that the musician's new album 'Rain Effect' is a grand comeback that Rain made in four years and that he is the pioneer of K-Wave (Hallyu).
Then, Billboard referred Rain's album that "The album pours out Rain's sonic experimental tendencies as well as his oozing pride and confidence as a 13-year K-pop veteran."
Followed by the album's review, Billboard praised double title songs of this album, '30SEXY' and 'La Song.' About '30SEXY,' the editor reviewed that it is an electrifying dance jam with knocking drumbeats and synthesizer sound. Then, the editor continued writing about 'La Song' as 'bombastic production with a full-on banging beat.'
After this column was written, America's well-known critics Jeff Benjamin Twitted this column twice on his Facebook and said 'Rain Effect' has the best beat he has ever listened among all pop music.
Meanwhile, Rain collaborated with LG Electronic and LG Display for his music video and the video will be aired at all LG stores in the world and Las Vegas conference show in February. (photo by Cube Entertainment)

***I wonder if who is this Choo Sung Hoon - Is he the fighter Japanese/Korean athlete? :(

14-01-09 Rain @ twitter

credit : ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

@29rain

제가 넘 좋아하는 도도한 그녀를 만났어요~
그녀와 함께하는 오늘 컴백쇼 기대해주세요 ㅋ
LAsong을 무지 좋아하네요 ㅎ 오늘 엠카운트에서 ~~ pic.twitter.com/Dku8yecfvh

t1%286%29.jpg

t2%281%29.png

***Yunho visited him in the camp several times while he was serving the military before. And even before this they were already hanging out and a few of the 2PM guys. With that aside, it's quite nice that they're promoting together. :wave2

class="title"Rain Talks About U-Know Yunho, “He’s A Great Person, I Hope We Have Adjoining Waiting Rooms”

724acd0b0590769d6b519c055284f2de

Singer Rain has revealed how he feels about holding promotional activities at the same time as TVXQ.

On the 26th of December, Rain met with reporters at CGV Chungdam-dong’s private cinema for a press conference.

On this day, Rain said, “TVXQ are celebrating their 10th anniversary, and we’ve somehow ended up releasing our songs on the same day. Interesting, isn’t it?” He also added, “I like holding promotional activities at the same time as people I know. I hope our waiting rooms at music shows are next to each other. TVXQ were promoting at the same time as me when I released my fourth and fifth albums. It was a win-win situation for both of us, and it was nice to be with them.”

When talking about TVXQ’s U-Know Yunho, Rain said, “U-Know Yunho’s a great guy I like being around. He’s very loyal and he becomes a source of energy for me.”
Meanwhile, Rain will release his sixth album ‘Rain Impact’ on the 2nd of January, marking his return to the music industry for the first time in four years.

Source: Hankyung
Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net

class="titleNews"Rain’s Biggest Regret in Life is Not Having Had the Chance to Gift His Mother

Rain paid a visit to his mother’s burial site on Mnet’s Rain Effect.

January 9’s broadcast of Rain Effect will show Rain visiting his mother at her burial site with his newly released album.

“I always go visit her when my album comes out,” said Rain. “I asked for her help on the success of this album too. I also asked her to help me fight through all the difficulties and be able to do my best.”

Rain’s Biggest Regret in Life is Not Having Had the Chance to Gift His Mother

After bowing before the site, Rain added, “My wish was to do something nice for her with my own money. My biggest regret in life is that I never got the chance to buy her a meal or a piece of clothing. I envy the people whose mothers are alive.”

The day’s episode will also show Rain having a phone conversation with his long time mentor Park Jin Young as well as the music video site for LA SONG.

Photo credit: CJ E&M / enewsworld

class="content-title"Rain Invites 600 Fans to His Comeback Special Stage

Rain Invites 600 Fans to His Comeback Special Stage

After coming back with his sixth album titled “Rain Effect” on January 2, Rain will be throwing his comeback performance through his Mnet reality show with the same title.

The coming episodes of “Rain Effect” will show the process of Rain’s practices and other preparations for this highly anticipated stage. Since this is his first comeback in a long time, Rain has put forth extra work as his own producer for the album. Instead of hiring famous songwriters, he and his partner JR GROOV has written and composed the entire album.

The comeback special was filmed on January 8 and it shows Rain practicing hard for his performance. In order to make a good performance, Rain has worked on many things himself such as the choreography and even the stage props.

Rain will also be expressing his gratitude for his fans who have waited for a long time. He will be inviting 600 fans to this special comeback show. Not only will he be performing his double title tracks “30 SEXY” and “LA SONG,” Rain will also perform some of his other tracks from the album.

Cube Entertainment reps commented, “Since it is a long-awaited comeback, Rain put a lot of significance in meeting and spending time with his fans as well as performing his new songs for the first time.”

During an interiew last month, Rain commented, “In the beginning, I was made into a star rather than an artist. But now, I want to make music that sounds good even when you hear it all day. Because I’m not an idol anymore.”

Meanwhile, Rain’s comeback show will be aired on Mnet’s “Rain Effect” on January 9 at 7:30 PM KST.

credit : soompi news

class="content-title"Rain Returns with a Bang After 4 Years with 1st Win on M!Countdown

January 9, 2014

Rain Returns with a Bang After 4 Years with 1st Win on M!Countdown

Congratulations, Rain! The singer returns with a bang through his first win on his first entry onto a music show chart with his new album through Mnet’s “M!Countdown.”

Rain has made his comeback to K-Pop after four years with his sixth album, “Rain Effect,” released January 2. Today was his first comeback appearance on a music show, although he didnt’ perform on it since his comeback showcase will be broadcast right after “M!Countdown.”

Rain went up against another long-awaited comeback artist, M.C the Max this week. M.C the Max did not appear on the show. 

Rain accepted the No.1 award, thanking his stafff, family, friends, and most importantly, his fans who waited four years.

Congrats once again, Rain!

Source:soompi

Rain wins #1 + Performances from Jan. 9th 'M! Countdown'!

January 9, 2014
Dal-Shabet-FT-Island-Seunghyun-Girls-Day

Mnet's 'M! Countdown' is back for its weekly show featuring performances by your favorite artists!

On this episode, Girl's Day returned with "Something", Dal Shabet made their comeback with "B.B.B", V.O.S' Kim Kyung Rok got together with Block B's P.O for "It's Not a Big Deal", TVXQ came back with "Something", F.T. Island's Seunghyun and comedian Song Eun Yi teamed up as Two Song Place for "Age-Height", and Rain returned with "30SEXY".

As for the winner, the first place nominees were Rain and MC the Max, but in the end, Rain won this episode with "30SEXY"! Congratulations!

Other performers of the night were Kim Jong Suh, The Boss, Lush, VIXX, AlphaBAT, 1N1, Younha, TASTY, Flash, HEYNE, and HISTORY.

Check out the performances below! [Videos will be updated as they become available.]

WINNER:

Source:allkpop

class="tit_detail"Rain takes a cute selfie with Chu Sarang

January 9, 2014

비추사랑

Rain uploaded a picture of himself and wrestler Chu Sung Hoon’s daughter, Chu Sarang.  The photo gained a lot of attention from the public.

The pop star uploaded the picture on his twitter with the caption, “Met the girl that I like so much~ Look forward to today’s show! She really likes the LAsong! At M!Countdown”

In the picture, Rain and Sarang are both smiling. Sarang is known for being shy while taking pictures but next to the pop star, she is showing off her lovely smile which is why the picture has grasped the attention of so many. 

Netizens say, “Her bangs are so cute” “How did they meet?” “She knows how popular Rain is”.

Rain performed his comeback stage on Mnet’s M! Countdown on the 9th with his title songs ’30 sexy’ and ‘LA song’ from his 6th album ‘Rain Effect’.

Source:kofan

[09-Jan-14][Osen]Rain wins the first prize as soon as he comes back to the music scene.

Posted by memo-rain on January 10, 2014

pppppppp.jpg

As soon as he has come back to the music scene, singer Rain's 30SEXY has been number one on the Mcountdown chart this week, taking over 'M.C. The Max'.

Rain stated his feelings about having won the first prize, "I feel so happy. I'm more excited than ever. I want to thank my fans who have been waiting for me for 4 years. Thank CEO "Hong Seung-seong" who has made me who I am, thank my co-workers, and thank my deceased mother, my father, and my sister. I ask for your continued support."

Credit to Osen http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=1...

Brief English translation by 화니

---------------------------------------

14-01-09 Mnet - RAIN COMEBACK SPECIAL RAIN EFFECT

Posted by memo-rain

Credit : mazingga69·

Gaon Chart releases chart rankings for December 29 - January 4

January 9, 2014

The Gaon Chart is the national chart of South Korea and is intended to be the equivalent of Oricon in Japan and Billboard in the United States.

Check out the chart rankings for the week of December 29 to January 4 below!
skipped  .  .    .    .   .

< Gaon Chart National Physical Albums Ranking >

1. Rain – 'Rain Effect'

2. EXO – 'Miracles In December (Korean Ver.)'

3. EXO – 'Miracles In December (Chinese Ver.)'

4. Girl's Day – 'Girl's Day Everyday III'

5. VIXX – 'Voodoo'

6. MC the Max – 'Unveiling'

7. Yoon Jong Shin – '2013 Movement'

8. Kim Kwang Seok – 'Best of Kim Kwang Seok'

9. Various Artists – 'Reply 1994 OST'

10. Lim Hyung Joo – 'Finally'

skipped   .   .   . 

Pls. see more @http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/gaon-chart-releases-chart-rankings-for-december-29-january-4#axzz2peczbZYR

---------------------------------

[09-Jan-14][allkpop]Rain shows off his baby face with Choo Sa Rang in an adorable selca

t1.jpg?width=750

Rain made fans smile with an adorable selca with Choo Sung Hoon's lovable daughter Choo Sa Rang!

Rain also seems to be a fan of 'Superman is Back' as he tweeted, "I got to meet the chic girl that I like so much~ Please look forward to my comeback show with this girl today keke She likes LAsong a lot hehe Today on 'M! Countdown' ~~." Rain and Choo Sa Rang looked like big brother and baby sister with their cute smiles and Rain's baby face in the selca made it hard to believe that he's in his thirties.

Rain performed songs from his 6th full-length album 'RAIN EFFECT' on his comeback show Mnet's 'Rain Comeback Special - Rain Effect' as well as won #1 on 'M! Countdown' today!

source : allkpop

class="at_title"Rain & PSY Share Their Agony As World Stars

January 9, 2014

rain psy

SY (37, née Park Jae Sang) and Rain (32, née Jung Ji Hoon) are the two Korean singers with the honorary title of world star, putting their names on TIME's Person of the Year and Billboard's Hot 100, and, for PSY, having the most viewed video on YouTube for his song, Gangnam Style.

This honorary position, however, comes with its own agony. Rain is currently suffering from the issues on serving in the military, which has already been addressed once, and PSY suffered from the provocative sequel to 'Gangnam Style,' 'Gentleman.' While some are even looking at PSY's influence as a religious one, the comeback of the two world stars this year is a hot issue.

PSY in a national concert which was held on December 22, 2013, shared his agony. He said "I was anxious and stressed out when the sequel of 'Gangnam Style,' 'Gentleman' was coming out because the track was being introduced in so many different countries," and added, "'Gentleman' was a song that wasn't me."

Rain, on the other hand, said in an interview regarding the military scandal, "I tend to seek silence when a problem occurs and wait until everything clears out," and added, "I tried to prepare (for the new album) harder than for my debut album."

Rain experimented with different musical styles, reminiscing his passionate debut periods. PSY also concentrated on the music that he does the best. The solution may seem similar, but the method was not. PSY has been increasing the expectation of his comeback, collaborating with artists such as Snoop Dogg and Steven Tyler. He said at the concert on December 22, 2013, "I am looking back to the beginning of my career and preparing a song of my style. If I get lucky, the song will be a hit (like 'Gangnam Style'). This line of thinking makes me feel at ease."

Rain, on the other hand, focused on experimental, various genres that he has never tried before. "La Song," one of the double title tracks of the sixth album 'Rain Effect,' which was released on January 2, is comprised of hip-hop, old school, electronic, rock, and punk. Other tracks are to include genres such as Latin, pop, swing, traditional Korea, and orchestra.

Source: KpopStarz 

------------------------------------------

bnt photo] Rain, ‘I’m So Nervous to Come Back!’

January 9, 2014

8xw6rf8nk8ed6eqycbkjaoccuqr6k9vh.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] On January 8 singer Rain had a rehearsal for Mnet Comeback Show, ‘Rain Comeback Special –Rain Effect’ at CJ E&M Center, Seoul. 
‘Rain Comeback Special –Rain Effect’ will be broadcast on Mnet today on the 9th, and Rain will perform six songs from his new official 6th album ‘Rain Effect, including two title tracks, ’20sexy’ and ‘LA Song.’ (photo by bntnews DB)
Source@bntnews.co.uk

c5rz8li3htdilgqo3fdn8gx46zasbpze.jpg

--------------------------------------

[bnt photo] Rain Slightly Shows off His Abs on Stage

hhgjtuqcgjq9hqvxskknrvnaiwz6t1e2.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] On January 8 singer Rain had a rehearsal for Mnet Comeback Show, ‘Rain Comeback Special –Rain Effect’ at CJ E&M Center, Seoul. 
‘Rain Comeback Special –Rain Effect’ will be broadcast on Mnet today on the 9th, and Rain will perform six songs from his new official 6th album ‘Rain Effect, including two title tracks, ’20sexy’ and ‘LA Song.’ (photo by bntnews DB)

Source@bntnews.co.uk

-------------------------------------

Rain Finally Came Back to the K-Pop World!

9dgdu49ti2e2to16rc82cp9cftd3whvu.jpg

Source@bntnews.co.uk

anjjo said:

Gaon Chart releases chart rankings for December 29 - January 4

January 9, 2014

The Gaon Chart is the national chart of South Korea and is intended to be the equivalent of Oricon in Japan and Billboard in the United States.

Check out the chart rankings for the week of December 29 to January 4 below!
skipped  .  .    .    .   .

< Gaon Chart National Physical Albums Ranking >

1. Rain – 'Rain Effect'

2. EXO – 'Miracles In December (Korean Ver.)'

3. EXO – 'Miracles In December (Chinese Ver.)'

4. Girl's Day – 'Girl's Day Everyday III'

5. VIXX – 'Voodoo'

6. MC the Max – 'Unveiling'

7. Yoon Jong Shin – '2013 Movement'

8. Kim Kwang Seok – 'Best of Kim Kwang Seok'

9. Various Artists – 'Reply 1994 OST'

10. Lim Hyung Joo – 'Finally'

skipped   .   .   . 

Pls. see more @http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/gaon-chart-releases-chart-rankings-for-december-29-january-4#axzz2peczbZYR

---------------------------------

[09-Jan-14][allkpop]Rain shows off his baby face with Choo Sa Rang in an adorable selca

Rain made fans smile with an adorable selca with Choo Sung Hoon's lovable daughter Choo Sa Rang!

Rain also seems to be a fan of 'Superman is Back' as he tweeted, "I got to meet the chic girl that I like so much~ Please look forward to my comeback show with this girl today keke She likes LAsong a lot hehe Today on 'M! Countdown' ~~." Rain and Choo Sa Rang looked like big brother and baby sister with their cute smiles and Rain's baby face in the selca made it hard to believe that he's in his thirties.

Rain performed songs from his 6th full-length album 'RAIN EFFECT' on his comeback show Mnet's 'Rain Comeback Special - Rain Effect' as well as won #1 on 'M! Countdown' today!

source : allkpop

14-01-10 Rain @ twitter
credit : ratoka 

@29rain 

우리 구름 가족 여러분들 10~20대인 내동생들부터 30대 친구들 위로 누님들
공개방송오시느라 힘드실텐데 ㅠ 많이 춥죠?미안~미안합니다
더욱 열심히 좋은무대 그리고 노력하겠습니다
오늘도  좋은기운을 많이주세용

@29rain 

ㅎ 어제의 감사함은 사진으롱~ 투표해주셔서 넘 고맙습니다 더욱 노력하겠습니다  구름 덕분에
4년만에 일등했네요 오늘도 화이팅 하겠습니다 pic.twitter.com/4OMe2J96Zs

tt1%280%29.png