Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

anjjo said: class="at_title"Rain to Hold Mnet Comeback Show on January 8 January 06, 2014

Singer Rain will be making a comeback through Mnet.

It was revealed that singer Rain would be holding his comeback show on Mnet on January 8 with 500 fans.

He will be performing his double title songs, "30 SEXY" and "LA SONG."

An official told an OSEN today, "Rain has been working hard for his comeback show. We hope that many people keep a look out for his comeback promotions."

This comeback show will be Rain's first performance to the public for his new album.

Source:kpopstarz

anjjo said: class="titleNews"[star of the Week] The Way Rain Poured Down into the Acting World

2014-01-05

86874544.jpg

• We already knew from his debut that Rain was going to go places with his excellent singing and dancing skills, but we never knew how talented this man was when it came to acting.

To our surprise, Rain casually transitioned into the world of acting like it was nothing and perfectly fit into all the characters he′s been given in both dramas and movies, earning much praise, tagged along by trophies as evidence.

The adventures into the acting world still continues for Rain, but we jump into the past and see what this star has done to make himself a household name.

Source:mwave

anjjo said: [star of the Week] Rain′s Love Story with Kim Tae Hee

2014-01-05

Singer. Dancer. Producer. World star.

The list goes on when it comes to words to describe the multi-tainer Rain. But recently, there has been another word that tags along whenever his name is mentioned: Kim Tae Hee.

Kim Tae Hee has long been Korea’s representative umchinddal, for graduating from Korea’s prestigious Seoul University as well as being one of the most beautiful actresses in the country.

So when the two stars went public with their relationship in January of 2013, the news made headlines for days.

Even though many stars have been going public with their relationships recently, as one of the hottest celebrity couples out there, we′re taking a look into Rain and Kim Tae Hee’s love story.

So, how did it all start?

Though they are both popular drama and movie stars, they never actually acted opposite each other but instead met through a commercial released in November of 2011.

Check out the love-inducing commercial below:

They also shot a video message together, promoting the company’s charity activities during the holiday season. Can you see the sparks?

Then the scandal broke out in January of 2013, slightly over a year since they met through the commercial. Both denied it at first but soon confirmed that they were more than just friends.

Even though the two have been laying low on their relationship, carrying out their busy shedules, they have mentioned one another time after time.

Kim Tae Hee thanked Rain for his encouragement as she started filming her drama Jang Ok Jung in early 2013 and Rain also recently mentioned Kim Tae Hee when he appeared as a guest on the Cultwo Show, confirming that he′s still one-half of one of Korea′s most beautiful couples.

And in a recent interview, Rain mentioned his girlfriend yet again , saying, "We are doing very well though. [...] I haven′t been able to see her often, so I call her alot."

It’s still too early to tell whether the two will get married, but one thing is for sure: they will make some beautiful, smart and talented babies if they did.

Photo credit: Cube DC, Lua Entertainment, Coupang, SBS

Source:mwave

14-01-06 Jeff Benjamin mention Rain @ twitter

Posted by memo-rain on January 7, 2014

tt1.jpg

credit : @Jeff__Benjamin

Online Writer @FuseTV, K-Pop Columnist @Billboard + Words in/heard on @RollingStone @BuzzFeed @RadioDotCom @MnetAmerica & More. JeffBenjaminWrites@gmail.com.

New York / Chicago / Tehran · jeffbenjaminwrites.com

----------------------------------------------

Rain to promote his 6th album globally through LG Electronics + LG Display

January 7, 2014

Rain_1389055263_af_org.jpg

Rain will be promoting his 6th album globally with LG!

LG actually had a big hand themselves in Rain's comeback this time around. Their latest technology allowed Rain's detailed dance moves to be recorded in the best quality. "30SEXY" itself was also recorded in the 4K Ultra UHD Sound for the best trendy synthesizer hip hop drum beat.

SEE ALSO: Rain says he's the tallest singer in his genre

But that's not all! His "30SEXY" music video will be playing in Las Vegas from January 7 to the 10th at the '2014 CES Show'. The 'CES Show' is the biggest home electronics showcase event in the world, so visitors from all over the world will be able to see Rain's MV. Not only that, but the MV will be played on LG store billboards globally.

Source:allkpop

14-01-07 Mnet - Rain Effect _Comeback Special D-2

CREDIT : Mnet//ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

---------------------------------------

Rain Collaborates with LG Electronics and LG Display

xyqr3ly4eqpnpx7z260l4e7mef28qjre.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun]    Jan. 7, 2014

Rain is launching global promotion of his 6th album with LG Electronics and LG Display.
Today, Rain's agency Cube Entertainment announced that Rain will start promoting his new album with LG Electronics and LG Display globally.
As can be seen in Rain's music video of '30SEXY,' he performs on a grand stage and is displayed on Ultra HD TV, which adds charms to his dynamic performance and overwhelms the audience. According to a source, the music video set was made with high-tech equipment. The set was equipped with LG's wide screen and Ultra HD TV maximized Rain's spectacle performances. 
In addition, Rain's '30SEXY' music video is going to be played at the special zone of 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, United States. After this grand show, Rain's M/V is going to be played at LG stores billboards in the entire world. 
Meanwhile, Rain released his 6th album last week and is about to reveal his double title songs '30SEXY' and 'La Song' this weekend through music programs. (photo by CUBE ENTERTAINMENT)
Source:bntnews

[07-Jan-14][News24]Rain is a world star none the more! There is a deluge of requests for interviews from the foreign press.

Posted by memo-rain on January 8, 2014

000.jpg

Rain is a world star none the more! There is a deluge of requests for interviews from the foreign press.

Rain is a world star none the more. Rain has been receiving worldwide attention for his 6th regular album "Rain Effect" released last 6th in 4 years since he was discharged from the army.

As the news of his comeback surfaces, there is a deluge of requests for interviews from major international news media including the AP, Reuters, etc. which are very interested in his comeback.

Cube Entertainment officials told eNEWS on the 7th, "Various major international news media has asked for interviews with Rain, which demonstrates his popularity worldwide."

Accordingly, Rain is going to take time out of his busy schedule to be interviewed with the foreign press.

Actually, Rain acquainted his fans that he would comeback to the music scene by performing at 2013 Mnet Asian Music Awards last November 22nd, which was an ideal answer to quenching his fans' anxious thirst even before his comeback.

In particular, as various international media which attended the awards brought his comeback onto the world stage, news about his comeback spreaded quickly. This causes his comeback to be thrown under the spotlight in a short time.

Meanwhile, Rain will appear in KBS2's Sketch Book on the 7th and will put on a showcase with his comeback show at CJ E&M on the 8th. Both will be broadcast as records.

Credit to News24 http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=1...

English translation by 화니

-------------------------------------------

Rain special, Mnet "Rain Effect"

2014/01/06

photo389544.jpg

Music channel Mnet is going to broadcast Rain's comeback show "Rain Effect" on the 9th at 7:30PM.

Performances of "30 Sexy" and "La Song", his title songs from the 6th official album will be shown along with others.

Rain is a musician who represents Asia. This comeback show will be a great introduction to the public to his 6th album.

Meanwhile, the music video for "30 Sexy" will be shown at the 2014 International Digital Products Show at Las Vegas being held from the 7th to 10th. It's a co-promotional idea with LG Electronics Display.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...//hancinema

[01-08] Support RAIN!

Mcountdown period of voting is from Friday 11AM - Monday 9AM
This week's voting will start again on Jan 10, Friday - Jan 13, Monday.
We need to remember to vote daily then.
http://mwave.interest.me/mcountdown/vote.m?mcdMenuId=menu2_1

From http://www.rainlegend.com/bbs5/viewthread.php?tid=17562&extra=page%3D1

2. Mnet TV's 'Mcountdown' : at 18:00 every Thursday.
* Sound source sales (50%) +CD sales (10%) + age specific preference (20%) + global vote (5%) + broadcasting score (10%) + SMS vote (5%)

- Added-up music source sales score by Melon, Soribada, Bugs, and Mnet.
- Added-up CD sales score by Hanteo.
- Global vote : from 11am on Friday to 9am on Monday, once-daily vote after logging on to the site (http://mcountdown.interest.me/vote/join.asp)
- SMS vote : [number +#2566 content +비 (Rain)], Sending SMS on the air.
- Broadcasting score : the number of times being broadcasted.

What you can do on Melon, Bugs, Mnet and Soribada?
Guide on things to do on the sound source sites please read in here:
http://rainslittlecloud.blogspot.com/2014/01/worldcloud-here-is-what-you-can-do.html

Let's do this together. WORLDCLOUD FIGHTING!

credit:RedCloud at Rain Legend

-----------------------------

A Rain Effect Collage
heart_orange.gif

f0ee551c64e038566c4e6f917e2606e5.jpg

credit:as tagged

attachimg.gif

anjjo said:

Rain to promote his 6th album globally through LG Electronics + LG Display

January 7, 2014

Rain will be promoting his 6th album globally with LG!

LG actually had a big hand themselves in Rain's comeback this time around. Their latest technology allowed Rain's detailed dance moves to be recorded in the best quality. "30SEXY" itself was also recorded in the 4K Ultra UHD Sound for the best trendy synthesizer hip hop drum beat.

SEE ALSO: Rain says he's the tallest singer in his genre

But that's not all! His "30SEXY" music video will be playing in Las Vegas from January 7 to the 10th at the '2014 CES Show'. The 'CES Show' is the biggest home electronics showcase event in the world, so visitors from all over the world will be able to see Rain's MV. Not only that, but the MV will be played on LG store billboards globally.

Source:allkpop

*** I like it that even though the public already knows that they are in a relationship there is still limitation to privacy because sometimes people can be so rude and ignorant.  Too many people are envious that they become haters. Kim Tae Hee is so fine for RAIN! Hahaha - I just wonder if he sees her less now than he did when he was in the military. :)) I'm glad that he has a girlfriend now who loves him. :))

Rain updates fans about his relationship with Kim Tae Hee on 'Section TV'

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain_1388965745_af_org.jpg

After setting the celebrity world ablaze with the news that he was dating one of Korea's most popular actresses Kim Tae Hee, Rain updated the public on how his relationship was going.

Being interviewed on the latest episode of MBC's 'Section TV', Rain was asked about his relationship status. "Since we're so busy, we can't contact each other often," he confessed. "But we are continuing well."

When the interviewer prodded him to greet her through a video message, Rain was reluctant. "Then my heart becomes too heavy," he said, laughing.

SEE ALSO: Rain talks about Kim Tae Hee and Bruce Willis on 'Entertainment Relay'

source : allkpop

14-01-07 Rain Effect with Diamond supply co
credit : @hongshi8083 twitter / ratoka

vv1%280%29.jpg

vv2%280%29.jpg

13-01-08 bugs - Rain signature
credit : ratoka
source : http://music.bugs.co.kr/specialView/interview/118?wl_ref=under_gnb_4

s1%287%29.jpg

14-01-08 bugs - Rain interview
credit : ratoka

watch video here

http://music.bugs.co.kr/specialView/interview/118?wl_ref=under_gnb_4

늘 이슈의 중심에 서 있는 비이지만, 언제나 비를 비답게 만들어준 것은 특유의 음악과 퍼포먼스였다. 대중은 그의 트레이드마크와 다름 없는 무대를 떠올릴 때면 항상 엄지를 아끼지 않았다. 그런 비, 정지훈이 2014년을 맞아 무대 위 아티스트로서의 제 2막을 연다. 공백이 무색하리만큼 자신있게 선보일 새 음악 [RAIN EFFECT]와 함께 돌아왔다.

벅스와 함께한 스페셜 영상 보기

Q. 벅스가족분들께 인사 한마디 부탁드려요!
A. 벅스가족 여러분 안녕하세요. 4년만에 새 앨범[RAIN EFFECT]로 돌아온 가수 비입니다. 여러분 많이 기다리셨죠? 반갑습니다.

Q. 6집 정규앨범 [Rain Effect]는 어떤 앨범인가요?
A. 2010년 '널 붙잡을 노래', 'Hip Song' 이후 약 4년만의 신보이자 제 정규 6집 앨범인 [RAIN EFFECT]는 그 이름만큼이나 특별한 저만의 이야기를 들려주는 앨범이에요. 전곡에 직접 다 참여를 했고 작사는 다 제가 하면서 밤새 녹음실에서만 있었을 만큼 열심히 했어요. 예전보다 완벽해야 한다는 마음은 내려놨어요. 다만, "비는 비다. 쟤 색깔은 확실하구나" 하는 말을 듣고 싶네요. 내려 놓았다고는 하지마 음악엔 진심으로 욕심이 있고 "곡을 쓰는게 이렇게 재미있는거구나" 라고 새삼 느꼈어요. 열심히 준비한 앨범이니 여러분들도 편하게 음악을 들어주셨으면 해요.

Q. [Rain Effect]는 어떤 뜻인가요?
A. 비의 효과라고...나비효과처럼 거창한 건 아니지만 열심히 만든 앨범으로 나름의 효과를 기대라면서 지었어요. ^^

Q. 타이틀곡에 대해서도 소개해주세요.
A. 이번 앨범에 첫 타이틀곡 '30 Sexy'는 전작들에서부터 이어지는 저만의 클래시컬한 퀄리티를 고스란히 보여줄 회심의 업그레이드 타이틀이죠. 30대가 보여줄 수 있는 섹시함을 증명할 '30 Sexy'는 트렌디한 신시사이저가 이끄는 반복적인 라인에 심플한 힙합 드럼 비트가 더해져, 듣는 내내 긴장을 멈출 수 없게 했어요. 또 저만의 진성과 가성을 쓰면서 조금은 여유 넘치게, 절제미를 느낄 수 있게 만들어 보았어요. '30 Sexy'와 함께 [RAIN EFFECT]의 더블 타이틀곡으로 'La Song'은 플레이하는 순간부터 귀를 의심하게 만는 반전으로 가득해요. 판타지한 서부 카우보이 영화를 연상시키는 인트로를 지나 빈티지한 드럼 비트, 브라스 라인에 얹힌 저만의 위트 있는 보컬이 시작되면서 누구나 따라 부르기 쉬운 경쾌한 멜로디를 입혀 보았어요.

Q. 다른 곡들에 대한 이야기도 궁금합니다. 설명 좀 해주세요.
A. 4번 트랙 '어디 가요. 오빠'는 포미닛 현아와 함께한 에스닛 트랩 장르의 새로운 음악에 저와 현아의 위트 있고 센스 넘치는 랩이 트랙의 재미를 더하니 가사를 들어보세요. 6번 트랙에 '마릴린 먼로' 제 앨범에 유일한 미디엄 템포 곡으로 사랑하는 연인을 마릴린 먼로에 비유해서 만든 곡인데요. 달달한 멜로디 라인과 가사가 많은 커플들에게 공감을 줄 러브트랙이에요. 10번 트랙에 'Dear MAMA Don't Cry' 어머니에 대한 끝없는 사랑과 그리움을 담은 곡을 만들어보았어요.

Q. 뮤직비디오 2편에 대해서 설명을 좀 해주세요.
A. 'LA SONG'은 판타지한 서부 카우보이 영화를 연상시키고 싶어서 남미의 한 마을로 셋트를 지었는데....그날 사상 최대의 폭설과 영하 15.6도까지 내려가는 추위로 인해...전 남미를 찍어야 되는데...여름 장면이 나와야 되는데...그 느낌을 잘 살리진 못 했어요. 하염없이 내리는 눈을 보면서 잠깐 "이걸 어찌 해야 될지...."고민했지만 미국영화 촬영을 가야 되는 저로써는 날짜를 옮길 수 있는 상황도 아니고...최악의 상황이지만 결과물이 잘 나와서 기분이 좋았어요.'30 SEXY'는 저 다운 뮤직비디오. 노래 제목처럼 30대의 원숙한 섹시미가 담긴 댄스 넘버를 뮤직비디오에 보여주고 싶어 다양한 각도의 앵글과 미니멀하지만 디테일한 댄스가 보일 수 있게 만들어보았어요. 최근 많은 아티스트들의 화려함을 추구했다면 저는 화려함 보다는 절제함과 포인트적인 느낌을 살리고 싶었는데 잘 표현된 거 같아요. 10cm 하이힐을 신고 춤을 췄는데 정말 여자분들이 대단함을 느끼겠더라고요. 어떻게 그렇게 높은 힐을 신고 춤도 추고 뛰어다니고 하는지....전 며칠 신었는데도 적응이 안되더라고요. 정말 발이 많이 아팠어요.

Q. 앞으로의 활동 계획도 궁금합니다.
A. 정규앨범 활동에 주력을 다할 예정이에요. 그 이후에는 미국 추가 촬영도 가고 앨범 해외 프로모션도 하고... 팬들이랑 함께 커뮤니케이션 하는 그런 무대도 만들고 싶어요.

Please VOTE for Rain on MNet's MWave K-Pop Star Battle - Only two days left to vote
credit : TerriKR

Clouds,

I don't know how many of our global Clouds can access MNet Mwave's global site, but there is a K-Pop Star battle going on there between Rain and Lee Seung Ki right now.  Lee Seung Ki is winning the poll with 66.3% of the vote.  Sigh.

The poll page is here:  http://mwave.interest.me/star/poll/vote.m?poll_seq=238.  You must be a registered user of the site and logged in to vote, and you can only vote once a day.  The poll ends on 1/9/14.

I'm not sure how much more we can do, but I thought I'd at least try to drum up some more votes for him if I could.

Thanks,

Terri :-}

anjjo said:

Rain talks about Kim Tae Hee and Bruce Willis on 'Entertainment Relay'

January 4, 2014

Rain opened up about what it feels like to be '30SEXY' and his relationship with girlfriend Kim Tae Hee and more for 'Entertainment Relay'!

SEE ALSO: 'Rain Effect' reveals pictures of Rain with movie co-star Bruce Willis

The reporter met up with Rain on the set of his music video where he complimented him, "It seems you worked on getting in shape. You lost some weight, right?" Rain jokingly revealed that he had a hard time during his hiatus, "I went through a lot of distress. You don't lose weight from exercise. You have to go through distress to lose weight." The reported asked, "What gave you that much distress?" Rain shared, "Just various things caused me distress."

"It's been four years since [i made a comeback]. One thing that changed since then is that I turned 33. As I get older, my body doesn't move freely the way it used to. In the past, I was able to perform well even after staying up all night. But these days, if I stay up all night, I have to rest."

When asked, "The top actresses always starred in Rain's music videos during that time like Ha Ji Won and Han Ye Seul. Is there anyone today?" Rain shared, "To be honest, for the two music videos this time around, I thought that no actresses were needed. I decided not to lean on anyone." The reported implied that he should have asked Kim Tae Hee, "Isn't there someone you can easily recruit [as a cameo]?" Rain shared, "That's even more difficult."

The reporter also asked about his upcoming Hollywood film 'The Prince', "Does Bruce Willis treat you well? How is he?" Rain shared, "He treated me well and hugged me. We also had good teamwork and acted well together."

During the 'OX (Yes/No)' talk game, the reported asked, "Do you wish you would stop receiving questions about your relationship?" Rain shared, "I've never received any. This interview is my first [since my comeback]." When asked, "Is she doing well?" Rain shared with a big smile, "Yes. She is doing very well... We are very busy. It's difficult... Since we might get our photos taken again. We contact each other. I didn't share my [new] music with her yet." When asked to send a video message to her, he replied, "No. I'll get in big trouble."

source:allkpop

anjjo said:

Rain talks about Kim Tae Hee and Bruce Willis on 'Entertainment Relay'

January 4, 2014

Rain opened up about what it feels like to be '30SEXY' and his relationship with girlfriend Kim Tae Hee and more for 'Entertainment Relay'!

SEE ALSO: 'Rain Effect' reveals pictures of Rain with movie co-star Bruce Willis

The reporter met up with Rain on the set of his music video where he complimented him, "It seems you worked on getting in shape. You lost some weight, right?" Rain jokingly revealed that he had a hard time during his hiatus, "I went through a lot of distress. You don't lose weight from exercise. You have to go through distress to lose weight." The reported asked, "What gave you that much distress?" Rain shared, "Just various things caused me distress."

"It's been four years since [i made a comeback]. One thing that changed since then is that I turned 33. As I get older, my body doesn't move freely the way it used to. In the past, I was able to perform well even after staying up all night. But these days, if I stay up all night, I have to rest."

When asked, "The top actresses always starred in Rain's music videos during that time like Ha Ji Won and Han Ye Seul. Is there anyone today?" Rain shared, "To be honest, for the two music videos this time around, I thought that no actresses were needed. I decided not to lean on anyone." The reported implied that he should have asked Kim Tae Hee, "Isn't there someone you can easily recruit [as a cameo]?" Rain shared, "That's even more difficult."

The reporter also asked about his upcoming Hollywood film 'The Prince', "Does Bruce Willis treat you well? How is he?" Rain shared, "He treated me well and hugged me. We also had good teamwork and acted well together."

During the 'OX (Yes/No)' talk game, the reported asked, "Do you wish you would stop receiving questions about your relationship?" Rain shared, "I've never received any. This interview is my first [since my comeback]." When asked, "Is she doing well?" Rain shared with a big smile, "Yes. She is doing very well... We are very busy. It's difficult... Since we might get our photos taken again. We contact each other. I didn't share my [new] music with her yet." When asked to send a video message to her, he replied, "No. I'll get in big trouble."

source:allkpop

class="news_title"Rain praises Kim Tae-hee for standing by him amidst controversies

class="news_brief"Korean singer-actor Rain praised actress girlfriend Kim Tae-hee for standing by him even though he was mired in controversy last year, but said they currently have no plans to marry, at a recent media conference for his new album "Rain Effect".

rain-k-pop-singer.jpg
Rain (left) in a promotional photo for his new album "Rain Effect". And no, the lip print on his cheek does not belong to his girlfriend Kim Tae-hee (right).  Rain explained that he avoids mixing his work with his personal life.

SEOUL: Korean singer-actor Rain praised his actress girlfriend Kim Tae-hee for standing by him when he faced public criticism last year for flouting army regulations, and allegedly taking too many days off, while he was serving his compulsory stint in the army, reported Korean media.

Speaking at a recent media conference to promote the launch of his sixth album “Rain Effect”, his first album since he was discharged from the military in July last year, Rain explained that he had received extra days off  "as a reward for performing very well at the rifle range".

He went on to heap praise on Kim, and said “she is really great and truly cares about me”.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, added that he hoped to “do everything I can to be considerate towards her” in the future, putting to rest rumours that they have broken up.

While it is clear Rain likes Kim quite a bit - the 31-year-old star even snuck out to meet her while he was on military duty in January last year – Rain said they currently have no plans to marry.

“Right now, it’s time to work. I have always been a workaholic,” said Rain.

“So I’ll still be putting work first for now.”

2014 is shaping up to be an important year for Rain, as he’ll also be returning to Tinseltown in the action thriller “The Prince”, which is expected to be released later in the year.

“The Prince” will be his first appearance in a Hollywood film since 2009’s “Ninja Assassin”.

- CNA/ha