Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

No, my dear, until now I haven't been able to watch the DVDs. :( I don't want to drag here my personal "issues" but I have been busy due to work and also due to some personal issues. So I am actually very happy if I can find the time to come here from to time to time and to appreciate the latest news of Rain and all of your hard work.

Old but still very very beautiful! I love to see Rain's old pictures and try to figure out where I saw it the first time, from which year it is, which event it was. It is kind of my personal game. :D

I know this sounds each time arrogant, but we as Rain fans, are we really surprised about his success in the army? About him being so good, about being promoted? About being him the best and getting the best scores? It shouldn't really surprise us! This is our Rain we are talking about: he is the one hardest worker I have ever seen in my life, a real inspiration, always giving 200% and never satisfied with the average and hence always being the best he is.

This part of the essay really touched me a lot. Thank you so much for sharing! I believe too that after the army Rain will be stronger, wiser and unstoppable. And if he choses to continue his acting career in USA, I hope he will get divers and interesting roles and not those stereo-type roles as Hollywood usually does for Asian or any other actors with different ethnic background.

I am speechless!!!! So beautiful! blush.gif

Hi bbly, it's really fine - just hope you could find time to watch your DVD copy at your convenience. Take it easy - just stay safe & healthy, this is all that matters. :D

Rain pic @ adidas store

2012-02-19

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

source/credirt:as tagged

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting more Adidas captures. But, take note that the one wearing a yellow jacket wasn't RAIN. :sweatingbullets:

[Eng.trans] Rain's younger sister 'Hana' provides his fans an update on how he is doing.

English translation & edited by 화니

%EC%A0%901.jpg

Hi, everyone.

The weather has been cold for several days.

How is everything with you?

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my last writing.

(She asked Rain's fans to keep from sending him too many letters last time)

My brother (Rain) replied yesterday that he had received packages containing boxes of

chocolates from you and enjoyed them very much. He really thanked you guys.

According to him, because storage space in the unit is at a premium, he doesn't feel

comfortable about your having given him too many gifts.

Such being the case, small amounts of gift will suffice if you do it at all because he could

make you feel sorry if he asks stopping you from sending him gifts.

If I have offended you again, I apologize.

I can understand that you want to always provide him nice food, and he'll probably know it

better than I do, so please understand him a little better.

I hope you are always healthy and careful not to catch a cold.

And, oppa (Rain) is having a great time.

He said thank you for always worrying about him.

I have to finish writing now.

* Please understand that I wanted to post this message on rain-cloud.co.kr, but I've

always written here (benamoo site) because I do not have permission to write

on rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit to Hana @ http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo?t__nil_loginbox=cafe_list&nil_id=9

News about Rain

2012-02-19

By huhuhuhu @http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1863&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Source: No. 5 Division's official cafe

The sister of a recruit attended her brother's graduation ceremony on 16 February. She heard some news there. Knowing that we are dying for some news about our prince, she wrote the following letter (my translation) for us:

As a celebrity he could take a easy way to fulfill his military duty, but Assistant Instructor Jung Jihoon did not do so. Truly proud of him.

Although I am not a passionate fan, I must say he is really handsome^^

I attended my brother's graduation ceremony on 16 February and I heard some news. I know all your Rain fans are curious about how he is doing so I wrote this for you.

When I conducted an event for my brother in this cafe, I got support from many Rain fans. Thank you to you all.

I heard that Rain had his holiday.

I got the news from my brother.

He gave very nice gloves as gifts to the executives of the No. 12 unit and his team members.

Everyday there are 1000 letters from his fans. These have all been well delivered.

He can be seen quite often in the camp,

and he is really kind and handsome.^^

Many celebrities like Yunho visited him, which proved his connection.

The Valentine chocolates are well received and shared together happily.

Just these titbits^^

[Eng.trans] Brief news about Rain who serves as a teaching assistant in

the military.

2012-02-19

CAFE소식"2월 16일날 정지훈 조교님은 9박 10일 휴가를 가셨다고 하구요"ㅠㅠㅠ

cr :as tagged

*quoted image*

- Rain has gone on leave for 10 days 9 nights since February 16th. -

I'm proud of Rain acquitting himself of his duty as a teaching assistant even though he

could find a way to make his military life a lot more convenient as a celebrity.

Therefore, even though I am not a huge Rain fan, he looks awesome.

I heard about Rain when I attended the military commencement of my younger brother

last February 16th. So I'm trying to tell you guys about what Rain is up to these days

as you want to know more about his military life.

It is said Rain has gone on leave for 10 days 9 nights since February 16th.

According to my brother, Rain gave nice gloves to both the higher executives belonging

to the 12th Company and the soldiers in his (Rain's) platoon as gifts. So, it is said Rain is

the envy of his other soldier mates.

More than 1,000 letters smoothly reach Rain a day, he's lately been much seen in the

unit, and he does the agreeable to everybody.

Many celebrities such as 'Yunho Yuno', etc. whose visiting Rain is a credit to his brilliant

network.

When his fans gave him boxes of chocolates on Valentine's Day, Rain shared them with

all of his mates and they were all happy.

The above is the gist of the information about Rain.

Source : Blog Key (열쇠 카페)

Credit as tagged.

Re-post by huda @ http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=8994&board_id=b_08042315284443&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

English translation by 화니@/rain-cloud.co.kr.

anjjo, wondering why he got this vacation again, huh? Maybe there's a rule in the military that after being promoted a soldier could be granted a days-off or there's another military reward for him, which he deserved.....But, I'm so happy that he could be with his family & loved-ones again for quite a long time. (more than 7-days -) But, you know, there was one who posted at the other site that she read in Benamoo that Hana said that RAIN isn't on-vacation & he's there in the barracks right now. I don't know what to say, who to believe.......... :rolleyes:

***I hope military could allow him to participate in a wide variety of activities in promoting the Korean military overseas soon so, he could also receive more vacation days. Currently, well-known TV entertainers who are asked to participate in the military's public relations campaigns get more rewards. Under this system, the more events an enlisted man participates in, the more rewards he receives. Rewards could either be in a form of promotion or vacation. :lol:

Oh I love those caps from the 1st episode from Fugitive! :wub:

[Eng.trans] Rain's younger sister 'Hana' provides his fans an update on how he is doing.

English translation & edited by 화니

*quoted image*

Hi, everyone.

The weather has been cold for several days.

How is everything with you?

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my last writing.

(She asked Rain's fans to keep from sending him too many letters last time)

My brother (Rain) replied yesterday that he had received packages containing boxes of

chocolates from you and enjoyed them very much. He really thanked you guys.

According to him, because storage space in the unit is at a premium, he doesn't feel

comfortable about your having given him too many gifts.

Such being the case, small amounts of gift will suffice if you do it at all because he could

make you feel sorry if he asks stopping you from sending him gifts.

If I have offended you again, I apologize.

I can understand that you want to always provide him nice food, and he'll probably know it

better than I do, so please understand him a little better.

I hope you are always healthy and careful not to catch a cold.

And, oppa (Rain) is having a great time.

He said thank you for always worrying about him.

I have to finish writing now.

* Please understand that I wanted to post this message on rain-cloud.co.kr, but I've

always written here (benamoo site) because I do not have permission to write

on rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit to Hana @ http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo?t__nil_loginbox=cafe_list&nil_id=9

I love how Hana writes here about Rain and how she apologizes. I mean she didn't write anything offending, not at all. She just said (I agree with her) to not exxagerate of what is sent to Rain as their is no storage place in the army.

photo

[gif]BI Rain gif

raineare-blog.gif?w=593

credit : raineare blog//wawalalal @rain-cloud.co.kr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

photo

Rain Coupang Ad on the Bus

2012-02-20

source : https://twitter.com/#!/EJcloud/status/171580532872855553/photo1

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

coupang%283%29.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------

Caps from "Sangdoo"

2012-02-21

857a11444a9a2387b6422afedaf7da95.jpg

3e72f839580279f50d487fff19185b90.jpg

Source:rain-love2

*** Have you guys ever had or tried 'topokki' before? This is a HOT dish & you surely need water after eating it. Topokki also known as “Ddeokbokki” is a popular Korean snack food which is commonly purchased from street vendors and casual eateries in Korea. There are variants of Topokki. There’s one that it’s made by boiling tteok, meat, vegetables, eggs, and seasonings in water, and then serving it topped with ginkgo nuts and walnuts. The most important things are Rice cake and Red hot pepper paste. :lol:

Rain Autograph

source : DC / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

비느 100일 휴가때 떡볶이 먹었나봐ㅋㅋ

군대 입대하기 직전에

왔었다는 가수 비는...

군대에서

이 곳 떡볶이 생각났었나봐여^^;

100일 휴가때..

비가 직접 찾아와서

떡볶이 포장해 갔다고 하네여...+_+"

- 출처는 사진 안에

후기가 죄다 식당이야ㅋㅋ

a1%281%29.jpg

[Eng.trans]

Apparently Rain ate Topokki (떡볶이) when he enjoyed his holiday after 100 days of serving in the military..keke..

It is said singer Rain visited this snack bar serving Topokki just before his enlistment.

I think he couldn't stop thinking about this snack bar's Topokki despite serving in the military.^^;

According to the snack bar's owner, he came to the place and asked the owner to have Topokki wrapped and picked it up +_+ when he was on leave after 100 days of serving in the military.

- Credit as tagged.

According to eyewitness accounts, he is always found at restaurants...keke..

(*The picture shows Rain's sign for the owner.)

[2012-02-20 오후 10:25:22]

Translated by : 화니 - rain-cloud.co.kr/

Rain mentholatum picture

credit as tagged / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

men.jpg

Oh I love those caps from the 1st episode from Fugitive! :wub:

I love how Hana writes here about Rain and how she apologizes. I mean she didn't write anything offending, not at all. She just said (I agree with her) to not exxagerate of what is sent to Rain as their is no storage place in the army.

bbly, about Hana's update on RAIN, I do agree with you - there's nothing wrong with what she wrote, she's just relaying what RAIN was telling her. And I understand his situation there.....All celebrities who are there right now who are receiving gifts from their fans I'm sure have similar of what RAIN is feeling. Sigh..........Honestly, in RAIN’s case, he sort of wasted 2 years of his prime being in the military...(I still think & feel this way up to now -) because he’s a really talented artist... :rolleyes:

***anjjo/bbly, we're nearing March & wondering why we seem not getting much news & materials about the movie. When is this really going to be released, huh? We all know that this movie is a re-make of the 1964 original (Red Muffler) I’m not sure as well how this adaptation will be, I mean I am not sure how the new version will play out. So many drama/movie remakes, sometimes it makes me think is Korea really running out of fresh ideas? But, well, this is so exciting…because RAIN is in it! I hope this version highlight the romance aspect. I’m definitely expecting better plot, special effects, and soundtrack – a “powered up” version. So… what’s not to love? RAIN is in it! This is funded by the Korean Air Force. We all know that the cast had filmed some major scenes for three weeks in the 11th Air Force Combat Wing. It is also the first time an Asian film is portraying the Air Force. :lol:

Now, two of my favorite men in the same movie? Before they were together in FH. Imagining KSS also in a pilot uniform. I can't wait for this movie. Ahh… I'm so excited! :lol:

***anjjo/bbly, we're nearing March & wondering why we seem not getting much news & materials about the movie. When is this really going to be released, huh? We all know that this movie is a re-make of the 1964 original (Red Muffler) I’m not sure as well how this adaptation will be, I mean I am not sure how the new version will play out. So many drama/movie remakes, sometimes it makes me think is Korea really running out of fresh ideas? But, well, this is so exciting…because RAIN is in it! I hope this version highlight the romance aspect. I’m definitely expecting better plot, special effects, and soundtrack – a “powered up” version. So… what’s not to love? RAIN is in it! This is funded by the Korean Air Force. We all know that the cast had filmed some major scenes for three weeks in the 11th Air Force Combat Wing. It is also the first time an Asian film is portraying the Air Force. :lol:

Hi willenette, from the news that I've read, the next movie to be released by CJ E&M is "Tower" which is due in the second half of this year 2012 and to follow is "Soar Into the Sun" also produced by the same movie outfit which will be shown at the later end of this year. If this is correct, then our much awaited Rain's film might be released during Christmas or holiday season. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

12-02-21[Cloud Notice]Here is the notice about when Rain'll get the promotion, and about how you can do food support for Rain who serves in the military.

* Posted by memo-rain on February 21, 2012

m1.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Feb-21-2012] Rain spends a quiet time during his first vacation.

coming201202202155290.jpg

Singer and actor Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) is belatedly known to have returned to

his unit after spending his holiday without telling anyone besides a few people he's

known.

During the phone call with Sports Hankook, an official from the military unit said,

"Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' has returned to his unit after 9 days and 8 nights of his vacation."

and " He used his vacation time, both 5 days and 4 nights' vacation granted 100days

after his enlistment and part of a vacation as a reward. It adds up to 9 days and 8 nights'

vacation."

Rain spent a quiet time even without the knowledge of his agent during the vacation.

It has been confirmed he spent most of his time taking a rest with his acquaintances

such as his close friend 'Baegka', etc.

People are watching his every movement and the burden he feels might be quite heavy,

therefore, it has been confirmed that he was reluctant to go out during the vacation.

One of his own aides expressed, "He was just an ordinary private soldier sending his

vacation. He ate things he likes and spent a lot of time resting at home."

Rain enlisted last October 11th, was selected as an ultra warrior doing outstanding work

with an excellent physical strength, and he got a 7 day and 6 night reward vacation.

He received a citation signed by the divisional commander when the presentation of

certificates took place in a recruit training center, which attracted the attention.

He has served in a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division as a teaching

assistant.

Credit to Sports Hnakook http://news.nate.com/view/20120221n03305

English translation by 화니@rain-cloud.co.kr

Hi willenette, from the news that I've read, the next movie to be released by CJ E&M is "Tower" which is due in the second half of this year 2012 and to follow is "Soar Into the Sun" also produced by the same movie outfit which will be shown at the later end of this year. If this is correct, then our much awaited Rain's film might be released during Christmas or holiday season. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

12-02-21[Cloud Notice]Here is the notice about when Rain'll get the promotion, and about how you can do food support for Rain who serves in the military.

* Posted by memo-rain on February 21, 2012

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for the reminder about the movie. So, the last report we read that it will be released end of this year is somewhat correct in case...............Also, thanks for posting this Notice here. Nice to know & learn more things about how military life works. :lol:

Rain's dog 장군이

Credit: gori7911 @ twitter / scorpiola - rain-cloud.co.kr/

@gori7911

Pet Lover gori7911님,체력짱!!! 장군이ㅋ http://pud.to/1pox #pudding_to

1329826620453563534.jpg

***1st vacation? Ohhh…………..what about that short vacation he had after his 100Days, which was reported recently, huh? Was that not true? So, the report that said earlier that he started his vacation last February 16 was not true but instead he had it earlier than this date that’s why he returned to the barracks last February 17. :mellow:

**********************************************************************************

Rain Spends Quiet Military Vacation at Home

by: jbarky on Feb 21, 2012

a5562da41c5d8c839213b08da986804e_large.jpg

It was just revealed that Rain had his first vacation since his enlistment into his military service, and he spent it quietly. J. Tune Camp stated that Rain had a 9 day vacation that ended on February 17. The vacation was his “100 days’ vacation” and also his own 5 day vacation. Rain received a special vacation because of his superb shooting skills and stamina during training.

Rain only met with very close friends such as Kim Tae Woo and Koyote’s Bbaek Ga. The rest of the time was spent at home with his family. It was reported that Rain didn’t even tell his own managers about the vacation. His managers found out about the vacation right before Rain returned to the military.

An unnamed source that is close to Rain stated, “Rain wanted to spend a quiet vacation because he is still in the military. One should consider it as basically domiciliary confinement.”

Credit : soompi news

February 22, 2012

Rain on vacation

21182446.jpg

Rain has had a vacation from the Army. His first since he was conscripted, the vacation was kept away from the media until the Hallyu singer returned to the barracks. A representative from the Army told Sports Hankook that “Private Jung Ji-hoon was on vacation from Feb.9 until Feb.16, having been awarded some extra vacation time on top of his five days leave he accrued for his 100 days in the Army.”

On his first vacation, Rain spent the time at home, indulging in the food he craves as well as spending time with close friends and family members. “He did what every serviceman does on their first break, just enjoying home-cooked meals and resting,” said a representative of the entertainer.

It was assumed that Rain kept an extra low profile, never setting a foot outside his front door while on break.

Rain started his national military service on Oct. 11 last year and due to his excellent state of health and fitness was accepted in the Special Forces.

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2948788

***About General pictures I posted above, wondering if that was RAIN's hands. He must have missed his dog so much. :unsure:

anjjo, I hope we could get to read more articles & see more materials of the movie. I also want to see KSS's pics. RAIN & KSS - ultimate eye candy in this movie. What more could you ask for? :sweatingbullets:

So nice of Cloud that they keep us posted by sending a Notice from time to time about RAIN in the army. RAIN can always depend on his Clouds - As we all know, most Korean artists have their own fan club names. And RAIN is so lucky to have "The Cloud" behind him all the time – We all know that The Cloud is the “official” fan club of RAIN. In the world of Korean pop, a fan club generally comes with a name and a color to represent the fan club’s own form of identity. And the origin of this name came from : "Rain‘s fans are his clouds because clouds bring the Rain". I seriously like they named the fan club. It’s pretty clever, I must say. You know, there are definitely some names out there that make me shake my head. :lol:

*** Have you guys ever had or tried 'topokki' before? This is a HOT dish & you surely need water after eating it. Topokki also known as “Ddeokbokki” is a popular Korean snack food which is commonly purchased from street vendors and casual eateries in Korea. There are variants of Topokki. There’s one that it’s made by boiling tteok, meat, vegetables, eggs, and seasonings in water, and then serving it topped with ginkgo nuts and walnuts. The most important things are Rice cake and Red hot pepper paste. :lol:

Rain Autograph

source : DC / ratoka - rain-cloud.co.kr/

비느 100일 휴가때 떡볶이 먹었나봐ㅋㅋ

군대 입대하기 직전에

왔었다는 가수 비는...

군대에서

이 곳 떡볶이 생각났었나봐여^^;

100일 휴가때..

비가 직접 찾아와서

떡볶이 포장해 갔다고 하네여...+_+"

- 출처는 사진 안에

후기가 죄다 식당이야ㅋㅋ

*quoted image*

[Eng.trans]

Apparently Rain ate Topokki (떡볶이) when he enjoyed his holiday after 100 days of serving in the military..keke..

It is said singer Rain visited this snack bar serving Topokki just before his enlistment.

I think he couldn't stop thinking about this snack bar's Topokki despite serving in the military.^^;

According to the snack bar's owner, he came to the place and asked the owner to have Topokki wrapped and picked it up +_+ when he was on leave after 100 days of serving in the military.

- Credit as tagged.

According to eyewitness accounts, he is always found at restaurants...keke..

(*The picture shows Rain's sign for the owner.)

[2012-02-20 오후 10:25:22]

I know that dish and tried it once. It was at first weird, but then tasted good. And yes, it is quite spicy. But I understand why Rain is loving it.

bbly, about Hana's update on RAIN, I do agree with you - there's nothing wrong with what she wrote, she's just relaying what RAIN was telling her. And I understand his situation there.....All celebrities who are there right now who are receiving gifts from their fans I'm sure have similar of what RAIN is feeling. Sigh..........Honestly, in RAIN’s case, he sort of wasted 2 years of his prime being in the military...(I still think & feel this way up to now -) because he’s a really talented artist... :rolleyes:

Now, two of my favorite men in the same movie? Before they were together in FH. Imagining KSS also in a pilot uniform. I can't wait for this movie. Ahh… I'm so excited! :lol:

About the movie, if anjjo's info is right, we won't see the film before the end of the year. I don't know if this is good or bad. On the other side, it is not bad as we would only have couple of months before Rain is released from the army when his movie is released.

Hi willenette, I wonder if this news is advantageous for Rain or not, maybe for safety reason it is, but after all the alleged promotions, he finally ends up as "an entertainment soldier" as well, like the other celebrity-soldiers, which I think is less challenging, so what can you say my dear? :rolleyes::unsure: There had been many comments from other fans, but at the end of the day, I hope we can get more news and development regarding this issue. :)

[Feb-22-2012]Rain's position will be changed from a teaching assistant

to an entertainment soldier.

coming201202221938470.jpg

Singer and actor Rain's position will be changed from a teaching assistant belonging to

a recruit training center to an entertainment soldier belonging to the Publicity Department

as part of the Ministry of Defence.

One of Rain's own aides said on the 22nd, "Rain told me that his position might have to

be changed, when he took a leave from the military. Since the Publicity Department made

a firm request that he should become an entertainment soldier, he seemed to be

determined to change his position."

Rain'll be assigned to the Publicity Department on the 24th after being interviewed for a

post as an entertainment soldier on the 23rd.

Rain enlisted last October 11th, was selected as an ultra warrior doing outstanding work

with an excellent physical strength, and received a citation signed by the divisional

when the presentation of certificates took place in a recruit training center belonging to

the 5th Division. He has served in a recruit training as a teaching assistant since the boot

training.

Credit to Sports Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20120222n25567

English translation by 화니@/rain-cloud.co.kr

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Fugitive Collages

00bbb5889f5d6b0d6331a9ff8259665e.jpg

6aaaeaa953fafb650428027f1ef28938.jpg

30a3c2829444089a7aa44681d49dfa03.jpg

4198581e0ab88455cd461329c7f42cb1.jpg

1c48992d8649da837efea7a14ca54022.jpg

948e86d865947005f3969a54d71b925f.jpg

a17f9e5838a5536002ab71ced18e1e73.jpg

11a69a04f687a40f6d67e01a78247b91.jpg\\\

77fd9f499908ef5bf2338644f83d1317.jpg

Source:blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love

I know that dish and tried it once. It was at first weird, but then tasted good. And yes, it is quite spicy. But I understand why Rain is loving it.

About the movie, if anjjo's info is right, we won't see the film before the end of the year. I don't know if this is good or bad. On the other side, it is not bad as we would only have couple of months before Rain is released from the army when his movie is released.

Hi bbly, about the movie, you might have missed what anjjo had posted here that this movie is reported to be released end of this year. (2012).......anjjo, please correct me if I'm wrong so bbly won't be confused. :) Report prior to this was supposed to be not the latest of March but it was moved once again..... :D

Hi willenette, I wonder if this news is advantageous for Rain or not, maybe for safety reason it is, but after all the alleged promotions, he finally ends up as "an entertainment soldier" as well, like the other celebrity-soldiers, which I think is less challenging, so what can you say my dear? :rolleyes::unsure: There had been many comments from other fans, but at the end of the day, I hope we can get more news and development regarding this issue. :)

[Feb-22-2012]Rain's position will be changed from a teaching assistant

to an entertainment soldier.

*quoted image*

Singer and actor Rain's position will be changed from a teaching assistant belonging to

a recruit training center to an entertainment soldier belonging to the Publicity Department

as part of the Ministry of Defence.

One of Rain's own aides said on the 22nd, "Rain told me that his position might have to

be changed, when he took a leave from the military. Since the Publicity Department made

a firm request that he should become an entertainment soldier, he seemed to be

determined to change his position."

Rain'll be assigned to the Publicity Department on the 24th after being interviewed for a

post as an entertainment soldier on the 23rd.

with an excellent physical strength, and received a citation signed by the divisional

when the presentation of certificates took place in a recruit training center belonging to

the 5th Division. He has served in a recruit training as a teaching assistant since the boot

training.

Credit to Sports Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20120222n25567

English translation by 화니@/rain-cloud.co.kr

Hi anjjo, remember what I posted here last February 17? I said : I wish that he's not in an "active-duty-soldier", I wish that he's only assigned in the PR Dept. Korean celebrities who join the Army especially assigned in PR Dept. usually work at making military films or performing in concerts organized for service members only. Of course, this is non-combatant area unlike where RAIN is where he’s at the Army Frontline So, hehehe - you know what my stand.....It's good news for me, dear. But, take note I also said here that to be assigned in this Dept. a recruit has to apply for the position - & the reason why RAIN got this new position & be assigned to another Dept. is because he applied for this & not given to him. Most celebrities are here because they applied for it. I don't see anything wrong since it's their job anyway outside military life. :lol:

BI old pic 'anydream'

credit as tagged / wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

旧图一张,三星anydream工作组合影

77289225gw1dqbhbx5c0pj.jpg

77289225gw1dqbhc2c3dzj.jpg

695f72e3gw1dqbbwxe42gj.jpg

22.Feb02.12[twitter]tweets by @ ROK_MND about Rain changes positions !

caps by wawalalal - rain-cloud.co.kr/

1%284%29.png

1%5F%281%29.png

[English translation]

[국방부 트위터 대변인 (A spokeswoman for the Twitter of the Ministry of Defence)]

Only those who volunteer to serve in the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, can be selected as entertainment soldiers.

We'll respect Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon's opinion (his stage name, Rain) after reconfirming his decision when we receive interview him tomorrow (Thursday), and if he withdraws his plan to apply to the Publicity Department, we won't choose him.

There is a factual error in the articles on Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' (his stage name, Rain), so the Ministry of Defence tries to set out its official position on the issue.

The military hasn't asked Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' to be an entertainment soldier for the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, and he submitted an application by the voluntary decision made from him on February 17th.

[대한민국 국방부 (ROK ministry of national defense)]

- '비, 조교에서 연예사병으로 보직변경' 보도에 대한 국방부 입장 -

The position of the Ministry of Defence on an issue about the articles to say about "The change of Rain's position from a teaching assistant to an entertainment soldier"

ㅇ Some newspapers reported last February 22nd that Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon's position has changed from a teaching assistant to an entertainment soldier, but there is a factual error in the articles on the issue. So, the Ministry of Defence sets out its official position on this.

ㅇ The web site of the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, openly advertised for entertainment soldiers last February 3rd, and this announcement was intended for soldiers serving in each unit, and Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon submitted an application by the voluntary decision made from him on February 17th.

ㅇ The military hasn't asked Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' to be an entertainment soldier for the Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence, and it plans to release the results of selection on February 24th after each of the applicants including Pte 'Jung Ji Hoon' takes an oral test on February 23rd.

[2012-02-23 오전 8:09:58]

February 23, 2012

Rain May be Transferred to the Defense Media Agency

Rain may soon be serving for the Defense Media Agency (DEMA).

On February 17, he opted to turn in an application to DEMA, and will receive the results on February 24 after being interviewed the day before.

Although he still has to go through the interview, Rain will probably be chosen as a PR agent if there are no major problems. Rain is a hallyu star and is skilled in acting and song; there’s no reason for DEMA to say no.

DEMA especially needs to find new acting recruits soon because it’s expected to run short of acting recruits by April, as Lee Joon Gi was released on February 16 and other actors are soon to be released including Kim Ji Suk on March 7, Lee Dong Gun on March 28 and Lee Wan on April 23.

29901269.jpg

Many are wondering what role Rain will be taking on in DEMA. A source from DEMA stated, “Because the decision hasn’t been made yet, I have nothing to say about the issue. If Rain makes it, I believe he’ll have a lot of things to do.”

DEMA currently produces Morale Train on KFN TV along with various radio programs with Park Hyo Shin and Yoo Gun as disc jockeys. It also produces special promotion videos and musicals; there are plenty of jobs Rain could be brought in to take on.

Rain entered the army on October 2011, and has been serving as an assistant at the 5th division’s recruit training center since. Four months after his enlistment, however, he has turned in an application to serve as a PR agent.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan / enewsworld

[Feb-23-2012] Rain applies for an entertainment soldier.

English translation by 화니. - rain-cloud.co.kr/

htm_201202230178c010c011.jpg

World star Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) serving in an unit belonging to the 5th

Division, has applied for an entertainment soldier in the Publicity Department as part of

the Ministry of Defence.

Korean defense officials expressed, "'Jung Ji Hoon' applied for an entertainment soldier

last 17th, and he'll undergo an oral test upcoming 23rd."

Rain hoped to serve in the military as an ordinally soldier when he was enlisted,

and he's been taught since he was chosen to be on the teaching assistant group

belonging to a recruit training center.

But, it is known that Rain changed his plan when he heard on the news that 'Lee Joon Ki'

, the star of movie 'The King and the Clown', whose discharge and what there are no

plans for any of entertainers to join the army for the time being, might disrupt running

various programs in the military.

The Publicity Department as part of the Ministry of Defence plans to release the results of

the final selection on February 24th. If his name is on the shortlist, Rain'll start working

on TV and radio.

Credit to Daily JoongAng http://joongang.joinsmsn.com/article/aid/2012/02/23/7079206.html?cloc=olink|article|

anjjo, thanks for posting more Fugitive collages. RAIN looks marvellous! He looks sharp in a black suit. :sweatingbullets:

***Just a while ago, during my breaktime, I was trying to search any news for RAIN so I could share it here & I saw again this video clip of his Coupang the Making. I re-watched the clip once again & still the same I laughed out loud of all his antics there. He's so funny in that video. And KTH.....Wow, that red dress she's wearing with huge ribbon, how short is that dress, huh? Kim Tae Hee might be short but she’s got great body proportions. Kim Tae Hee is most definitely the most beautiful woman in Korean entertainment (this is my opinion-) Aish.........I’ll buy something in that Coupang if it comes with RAIN – hehehe. :lol:

***Many spots were emptied now in the entertainment soldier positions since many of celebrity soldiers had & will be released this year. I heard that when RAIN knew about the open slot he requested to switch to that position. You see, whenever there are empty spots in entertainment soldier positions they advertise it. It is a spot open only for volunteers. If a soldier/recruit does not want it, they do not force anyone to take the position. Rain will be interviewed for the position on the 23rd, and there seems to be no upcoming problems in getting the position. So, by February 24, he's already a PR Agent & no longer an ATO. :lol:

Hi bbly, about the movie, you might have missed what anjjo had posted here that this movie is reported to be released end of this year. (2012).......anjjo, please correct me if I'm wrong so bbly won't be confused. :) Report prior to this was supposed to be not the latest of March but it was moved once again..... :D

Hi anjjo, remember what I posted here last February 17? I said : I wish that he's not in an "active-duty-soldier", I wish that he's only assigned in the PR Dept. Korean celebrities who join the Army especially assigned in PR Dept. usually work at making military films or performing in concerts organized for service members only. Of course, this is non-combatant area unlike where RAIN is where he’s at the Army Frontline So, hehehe - you know what my stand.....It's good news for me, dear. But, take note I also said here that to be assigned in this Dept. a recruit has to apply for the position - & the reason why RAIN got this new position & be assigned to another Dept. is because he applied for this & not given to him. Most celebrities are here because they applied for it. I don't see anything wrong since it's their job anyway outside military life. :lol:

anjjo, thanks for posting more Fugitive collages. RAIN looks marvellous! He looks sharp in a black suit. :sweatingbullets:

***Just a while ago, during my breaktime, I was trying to search any news for RAIN so I could share it here & I saw again this video clip of his Hi bbly, willenette is right, in a press release, CJ E&M, the producer of "Soar Into the Sky" announced that said movie will be released at the later end of this year 2012. It also mentioned that major films like "Soar Into the Sky" are released during traditional holidays, summer or high winter peaks. I understand that by this "later end of the year" is the high winter peak in Korea which starts by Dec. 21, 2012 and end by mid-March, 2013. So we can assume that Rain's movie might be shown during the 2012 Christmas/holiday season or up to the first quarter of 2013. If this is true, then we can expect full-blast promotion of this film to begin by November of this year.

the Making. I re-watched the clip once again & still the same I laughed out loud of all his antics there. He's so funny in that video. And KTH.....Wow, that red dress she's wearing with huge ribbon, how short is that dress, huh? Kim Tae Hee might be short but she’s got great body proportions. Kim Tae Hee is most definitely the most beautiful woman in Korean entertainment (this is my opinion-) Aish.........I’ll buy something in that Coupang if it comes with RAIN – hehehe. :lol:

***Many spots were emptied now in the entertainment soldier positions since many of celebrity soldiers had & will be released this year. I heard that when RAIN knew about the open slot he requested to switch to that position. You see, whenever there are empty spots in entertainment soldier positions they advertise it. It is a spot open only for volunteers. If a soldier/recruit does not want it, they do not force anyone to take the position. Rain will be interviewed for the position on the 23rd, and there seems to be no upcoming problems in getting the position. So, by February 24, he's already a PR Agent & no longer an ATO. :lol:

Hi bbly, willenette is right, in a press release, CJ E&M, the producer of "Soar Into the Sky" announced that said movie will be released at the later end of this year 2012. It also mentioned that major films like "Soar Into the Sky" are released during traditional holidays, summer or high winter peaks. I understand that by this "later end of the year" is the high winter peak in Korea which starts by Dec. 21, 2012 and end by mid-March, 2013. So we can assume that Rain's movie might be shown during the 2012 Christmas/New Year holiday season or up to the first quarter of 2013. If this is true, then we can expect full-blast promotion of this film to begin by November of this year. :D

willenette, with all the news, article translations and your explanation, I clearly understand that Rain's move to transfer to the Defense Media Agency (DEMA) is so beneficial for him, thanks so much, dear. Since he voluntarily applied for the position of entertainment soldier, I believe that he knows what is best for him, that his decision is a clever one and we, as his fans support him. Surely, he will pass his oral test to be released today and be a participant of DEMA produced TV shows along with various radio programs as a disc jockey. As you say, lucky are the fans in Korea who will hear his voice. BTW, with his new designation, could there be hope and possibility that he can promote his movie "Soar Into the Sky" since its theme is about Korean Air Force under their National Defense Commission (Military)? Are the disc jockey celebrity soldiers playing Kpop? Remember Rain's favorite singer is himself. :lol:

I never tire watching Coupang Ads, maybe because that's Rain's latest, I love the one showing him dancing with KTH, the steps are simple but the way he executed them are so graceful with fluidity. I know that KTH is a very well-educated woman and belongs to an affluent family besides being so beautiful. I can always forget I am a Bikyoer if Rain can be a couple with her, heheh :lol:

Some video clips of Entertainment soldiers were uploaded today and I hope later that we can see Rain's.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Lotte DFS vid @ Myeong Dong Star Avenue

2012-02-23

Credit: Fancam by Adetted // adetted @ youtube//scorpiola@

Please Do Not upload this to other youtube~

2012.02.21._Bi_video_%40_Lotte_Star_Avenue_%40_Myeong_Dong.mp4_000011011.jpg

2012.02.21._Bi_video_%40_Lotte_Star_Avenue_%40_Myeong_Dong.mp4_000000066.jpg

Rain's Fugitive Collage

2408047fc4c0074f86806d357e07bbfb.jpg

Credit:as tagged

------------------------------------------------------------------------

An old pic