Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain donates 3.61 tons of rice to underfed children

November 11, 2011

news.jpg

Singer Rain donated 3.61 tons of rice before he joined the Army and the rice will be given to the KFHI (Korea Food for the Hungry International), Salvation Army Kettle, and an orphanage in Chuncheon.

On the 10th, 500 kilograms of rice was delivered to the orphanage in Chuncheon, 1,555 kilograms of rice, which was given to the KFHI, will be delivered to the needy.

1,555 kilograms of rice, which was given to the Salvation Army Kettle, will be delivered to underfed children on December 1.

Rain’s fans from all over the world sent the rice to the Olympic Park in Seoul, where Rain held his concert ‘Rain the Best Show’ on September 24 and 25.

Rain will become an assistant instructor in the Army on December 9.

Source: TV Report

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-11-11 Rain Coupang CF Cap picture

credit : coupang // cap by ratoka

zz3.JPG

zz1.jpg

zz2.jpg

Hi bbly, no wonder we seem to miss you yesterday, huh? But so nice to see you back here again.....You know why, I'm also wondering some things here in soompi - For around (2) weeks now, although I'm online it's not shown that I am - since that time up to now I'm always "offline - hehehe isn't that weird? And I never ever touched anything in my Profile but every time I visit this site I'm already under "anonymous" that's why, my username is no longer shown..............I really don't care about this as long as I could post & reply but I hope there's nothing wrong.....................Well, talking about RAIN, I do agree with your words - I'm just so proud to be a RAIN fan...........& I'm so proud of him as well! :sweatingbullets:

Hi my dear! You know problems never come alone: not only trouble with my PC, trouble at work and plus I have a cold. Well, I won't complain as there is worth in life.

I am just grateful that for now everything is working ok enough for me to be online and to post.

[Nov-11-2011] 3.61ton rice garlands donated by Rain will be used to help Hungry Children.

*quoted image*

3.61ton rice garlands donated by singer Rain (his real name, Jung Ji Hoon) who was about to be enlisted, will be used for preventing starvation, and will go to the Salvation Army and Aemin Child Care Service in Chooncheon city.

According to Rice Dreamie side on the 11th, 500g of totalling 3.610kg rice garlands intended to support singer Rain, were delivered to Aemin Child Care Service in Chooncheon city last 10th.

1,555kg donated to a task force to prevent starvation, will be used for teen heads of household through a charity event which will be held at Kyemyung Culture College in Daegu city upcoming 17th.

Also, 1,555kg donated to the Salvation Army, will be used for hungry children through a charity event where the charity pot will be opened at Seoul Plaza upcoming December 1st.

3.610kg rice garlands donated by Rain were collected by his fans both at home and abroad and were brought to the site where his concert 'RAIN THE BEST SHOW' was held in Seoul's Olympic Gymnastics Stadium last September 24 and 25, with his upcoming concert and military service.

The garlands intended to support Rain who was about to be enlisted and have his concert, were full of supportive messages from his multinational fans belonging to their fan clubs, such as his official fan club 'Cloud', fan cafe 'benamoo', DC Inside Rain Gallery, etc. including several foreign fan clubs, "I will not change my mind whatever may happen for two years, so please have fun and take care." etc.

Meanwhile, Rain who was given military training and scored high in rifle drills, etc. has been selected as a teaching assistant and will be reassigned to the section involved on the 9th of next month.

Credit to TV Report http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=213&aid=0000153539

English translation by rain bird.

This is really wonderful, always nice reading news like this!

[TALK OF THE TOWN] Rain adjusting well to Army life

2011/11/11

photo205721.jpg

Fans wept as he was drafted into the Army last month but Korean pop sensation Rain is apparently adjusting well to military life. Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, will become an assistant instructor next month at the boot camp which he entered in October, the Ministry of National Defense said Wednesday.

"Assistant instructors are chosen based on outstanding tRaining results and their willingness, and Jung has shown that", a ministry spokesman told AFP. Rain was recently also named top marksman at the camp.

The 29-year-old singer has a huge following across Asia.

Many fans, including hundreds from elsewhere in Asia, burst into tears when he entered the camp to start his 22-month mandatory military service.

Korea, which has remained technically at war with North Korea since their 1950-53 conflict, requires all eligible men to serve in the military, although candidates can defer their service.

AFP

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )//Hancinema

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rain wearing (FRED PERRY) Lettered Cardigan in Coupang CF

2011-11-12

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

fred.PNG

Translation-Japanese TV Program talk about Rain

2011-11-13

by emik@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1782&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

I translated the following video from Japanese to English.

However because of the time saving, some general chat were not translated.

(untranslated parts were not related to him)

A Japanese TV program called "Made in BS Japan" picked up about news paper article of Rain.

00:00-00:30

MC: Rain at shooting training in the Army..

What was it that happened ?

This artcle was provided by on Wednesday's Japanese donga.

Singer Rain entered the Army last month and his shooting score was that

19 out of 20 at day time and 10 out of 10 at night training.

As the result he gained the parfect score and also slelected as a top marksman.

He was the top 3 among the participated trainees of 140.

00:30-00:36

The man on the left(L):You already have an experience of servicing in the Army.

Is it a quite great thing to do?

00:36- 00:57

The man on the right®: Yes, it is!.

The targets are 100m, 150m and 200m far away from you.

The actual size and shape are like human but you could see them like this with

your eyes( gestured by his fingers).

So it is a quite great thing because he hit all of them.

L: This was really great.

R: Yes.

L: He must has the power of concentration.

00:58-01:11

MC: It is also reported that Rain was appointed a training position for new trainees.

L: Because he is cool?

MC: It should be his ability lead this result rather than he is cool.

01:12-01:56

L: because he is cool does not affect this, rgiht?

R: There are all men. He is cool but does not do anything.

Rain is very good at dancing. I assume that he must be talented in sports very well and

he must be a top class of any training.

R: I agree with you. Not only his power of concentration, I think that he is not an ordinary person,

when I see his dance.

R: In order to maxmize his talent which will be used in the Army as a trainer right?.

L: Yes, the top class solders will be selected and locate them to the teaching position.

L: What king of person taught you when you were a trainee?

R: It was a ordinal person. I wish it was Rain.

L: It could be delightful if you had training from Rain.

01:57-02:25

MC: Now ,this is a question time!

National Defence PR institution took the survey towards 400 of Korean solders last year.

The question was "What was the best taste food you had serceletly?"

What kind of food were they?

02:26-02:30

MC: Is the circumstance that solders have to eat secretly?

02:33

His name is Kim Keita

Boron in 1980 in Chiba pref. Japan. have Korean father and Japanese mother.

After graduating his university in Korea, he moved to Japan.

His activities are on TV・Radio・theater and others.

02:30-02:29

R: Ahhh,, when you join the army, you are the junior person in the unit or in the camp at first.

If you are junior, you are not allowed to do anything such as going somewhere, eating and talking

by your own decision. You need permission or order to do it from the senior.

Therefore eating secretly means they eat without permission in the toilet or something like that.

L: He knows what this means because he has the experience in the Army.

04:11-04:27

The correct answers are;

No.1 Instant noodle

No.2 Chocolate pie

No.3 Hardtack

04:28-05:25

L: After discharged from the Army, all man could be reminiscent this(Instant noodle).

It not only you ate this secretly or not.

Because you can't cook this in the kitchen without permission. So solider eat this way.

-Open the package of it.

-Use the half of powered soup, that is the best!

-Pour the hot water into the open package.

-Close the package with disposable chopsticks.

-Hold it and wait around 3 minutes and eat.

Taste is very good!! It is really good!

L: I got his answers during CM, and he had all correct answers!

R: Is it OK eating chocolate pie in the Army?

R: I have an image that cholate pie is to be ate in the Army. I also got this image from TVCM in Korea.

L: Chocolate pie is a classic food in the Army.

All Japanese fan are so happy to see his news on Japanese TV program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupang new banner on website

2011-11-13

Source: coupang.com

credit: scorpiola

banner%5B1%5D.jpg

2011-11-12

*quoted image*

Don't know Fred Perry, but as usual our Rain makes everything look good.

Thanks for sharing dear!

[Nov-13-2011]<Eng.trans> The news of Rain's military service_Rain's team wins a military song competition.

<Update>

-Brief summary-

There was a military song contest among 12 squads in 12th company's 2nd platoon last Saturday. (12 November)

One squad and the other squad were neck and neck in the contest. Their scores were tied, but the squad where Rain belongs won the first prize in the competition, by one point, as he changed the music selection and wielded a good baton by leading his team extremely well in the final.

The squad where he belongs was presented with a ₩ 30,000 gift certificate to the PX, and they even had a cooky party.

They said their success was entirely due to his efforts and thanked him for the victory.

Also, they unanimously praise Rain's overflowing with warmth.

Source : http://cafe.daum.net/YShwarang

Credit : DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=315535&page=1&bbs=

Brief translation by rain bird.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-11-13 Rain Coupang CF picture

coupang.jpg

2011-11-12

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this info about his Coupang outfit - He looks so nice & cool wearing this brand. :sweatingbullets:

Translation-Japanese TV Program talk about Rain

2011-11-13

by emik@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1782&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

I translated the following video from Japanese to English.

However because of the time saving, some general chat were not translated.

(untranslated parts were not related to him)

A Japanese TV program called "Made in BS Japan" picked up about news paper article of Rain.

00:00-00:30

MC: Rain at shooting training in the Army..

What was it that happened ?

This artcle was provided by on Wednesday's Japanese donga.

Singer Rain entered the Army last month and his shooting score was that

19 out of 20 at day time and 10 out of 10 at night training.

As the result he gained the parfect score and also slelected as a top marksman.

He was the top 3 among the participated trainees of 140.

00:30-00:36

The man on the left(L):You already have an experience of servicing in the Army.

Is it a quite great thing to do?

00:36- 00:57

The man on the right®: Yes, it is!.

The targets are 100m, 150m and 200m far away from you.

The actual size and shape are like human but you could see them like this with

your eyes( gestured by his fingers).

So it is a quite great thing because he hit all of them.

L: This was really great.

R: Yes.

L: He must has the power of concentration.

00:58-01:11

MC: It is also reported that Rain was appointed a training position for new trainees.

L: Because he is cool?

MC: It should be his ability lead this result rather than he is cool.

01:12-01:56

L: because he is cool does not affect this, rgiht?

R: There are all men. He is cool but does not do anything.

Rain is very good at dancing. I assume that he must be talented in sports very well and

he must be a top class of any training.

R: I agree with you. Not only his power of concentration, I think that he is not an ordinary person,

when I see his dance.

R: In order to maxmize his talent which will be used in the Army as a trainer right?.

L: Yes, the top class solders will be selected and locate them to the teaching position.

L: What king of person taught you when you were a trainee?

R: It was a ordinal person. I wish it was Rain.

L: It could be delightful if you had training from Rain.

01:57-02:25

MC: Now ,this is a question time!

National Defence PR institution took the survey towards 400 of Korean solders last year.

The question was "What was the best taste food you had serceletly?"

What kind of food were they?

02:26-02:30

MC: Is the circumstance that solders have to eat secretly?

02:33

His name is Kim Keita

Boron in 1980 in Chiba pref. Japan. have Korean father and Japanese mother.

After graduating his university in Korea, he moved to Japan.

His activities are on TV・Radio・theater and others.

02:30-02:29

R: Ahhh,, when you join the army, you are the junior person in the unit or in the camp at first.

If you are junior, you are not allowed to do anything such as going somewhere, eating and talking

by your own decision. You need permission or order to do it from the senior.

Therefore eating secretly means they eat without permission in the toilet or something like that.

L: He knows what this means because he has the experience in the Army.

04:11-04:27

The correct answers are;

No.1 Instant noodle

No.2 Chocolate pie

No.3 Hardtack

04:28-05:25

L: After discharged from the Army, all man could be reminiscent this(Instant noodle).

It not only you ate this secretly or not.

Because you can't cook this in the kitchen without permission. So solider eat this way.

-Open the package of it.

-Use the half of powered soup, that is the best!

-Pour the hot water into the open package.

-Close the package with disposable chopsticks.

-Hold it and wait around 3 minutes and eat.

Taste is very good!! It is really good!

L: I got his answers during CM, and he had all correct answers!

R: Is it OK eating chocolate pie in the Army?

R: I have an image that cholate pie is to be ate in the Army. I also got this image from TVCM in Korea.

L: Chocolate pie is a classic food in the Army.

All Japanese fan are so happy to see his news on Japanese TV program.

anjjo, thanks for sharing the translation of this video. I learned something new about if you're a junior in the military - gosh - that they are not allowed to do anything such as going somewhere, eating and talking. :rolleyes:

Don't know Fred Perry, but as usual our Rain makes everything look good.

Thanks for sharing dear!

Hi bbly, this brand is a British fashion. Fred Perry was an English Tennis player. But the brand is now owned by a Japanese corporation. I do agree with you - RAIN makes everything looks good. :sweatingbullets:

11-11-11 Rain Coupang CF Cap picture

credit : coupang // cap by ratoka

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, I love the video where the (2) were singing & dancing.....I missed RAIN! I love the song. Wahhhhh...................so damn good. I love RAIN’s voice so much! He still got it - His voice is like so soft, gentle and husky! I still do adore all his songs. And I' m definitely missing RAIN performing! :sweatingbullets:

Rain Adapting Well to Military Life

9652-mjdy3bq7ii.jpg

After officially entering the military more than a month ago, on October 11th, it has been reported that the Korean solo singer and dancer, Rain, has been adjusting rather well to military life.

It was announced last Wednesday by the Ministry of National Defense that Rain will soon become an assistant instructor at the military training camp he entered last month as a result his smooth transition.

A ministry representative later confirmed that assistant instructors are chosen based upon both their training results and their willingness, as he stated, "Jung (Rain), has proven himself in both aspects."

Stay tuned for more information detailing Rain's enlistment!

Via intuned.com / gokpop

[Nov-13-2011]<Eng.trans> The news of Rain's military service_Rain's team wins a military song competition.

<Update>

-Brief summary-

There was a military song contest among 12 squads in 12th company's 2nd platoon last Saturday. (12 November)

One squad and the other squad were neck and neck in the contest. Their scores were tied, but the squad where Rain belongs won the first prize in the competition, by one point, as he changed the music selection and wielded a good baton by leading his team extremely well in the final.

The squad where he belongs was presented with a ₩ 30,000 gift certificate to the PX, and they even had a cooky party.

They said their success was entirely due to his efforts and thanked him for the victory.

Seriously, Rain doesn't stop to amaze me every day. Now he even made his team win a singing competition. No wonder with Rain in your team.

Hi bbly, this brand is a British fashion. Fred Perry was an English Tennis player. But the brand is now owned by a Japanese corporation. I do agree with you - RAIN makes everything looks good. :sweatingbullets:

Ok, that is good to know! Thanks for sharing dear.

<Update>

-Brief summary-

anjjo, wondering if RAIN was part of the group who also sing, huh since it's not mentioned here - it only says that he changed the music selection and wielded a good baton............... :lol: I hope he's enjoying & having fun there inside.....You know, I read it that K-gov't is to bar convicted draft dodgers from military exemption. They passed a bill ordering convicted draft dodgers to join the active-duty military for their mandatory service in an effort to impose the requirement in a fair manner. Under the revised enforcement ordinance for the military service law, those who receive prison terms for injuring themselves or cheating at physical tests to avoid their mandatory military duty will no longer be eligible for military exemption. Military has revised another conscription rules - So far men who had not at least completed middle school are exempt from the draft, but the new plan will include them in the pool of conscripts. The new bill would not allow those who did not finish middle school to qualify for military exemption anymore. :rolleyes:

[HQ] Rain Coupang CF Banner

Credit : ratoka- rain-cloud.co.kr/

banner.PNG

*** This will be a cool event! They have such good taste in choosing people. RAIN & KTH - Gorgeous people at the same CF. Can’t get anything better than this. :sweatingbullets:

[11-15] 11-11-15 Rain Coupang New event

Credit : coupang facebook/ratoka-rainlegend

Coupangevent.jpg

anjjo, wondering if RAIN was part of the group who also sing, huh since it's not mentioned here - it only says that he changed the music selection and wielded a good baton............... :lol: I hope he's enjoying & having fun there inside.....You know, I read it that K-gov't is to bar convicted draft dodgers from military exemption. They passed a bill ordering convicted draft dodgers to join the active-duty military for their mandatory service in an effort to impose the requirement in a fair manner. Under the revised enforcement ordinance for the military service law, those who receive prison terms for injuring themselves or cheating at physical tests to avoid their mandatory military duty will no longer be eligible for military exemption. Military has revised another conscription rules - So far men who had not at least completed middle school are exempt from the draft, but the new plan will include them in the pool of conscripts. The new bill would not allow those who did not finish middle school to qualify for military exemption anymore. :rolleyes:

Hi willenette , this is the last news we have about Rain in the camp and though there is an update about his dad's tweet, we still have to wait for its official English translation. I read that his father will meet him tomorrow so I presume that what we believed then is correct that his training graduation day will be on November 17, 2011. We are really in drought when it comes to his current concerns so I am sharing this article which had not been posted before, though quite old by our standard :lol: I like what is written here specially when it comes to his charm and also the crisis in his life being human like all of us. :wub:

Star

Rain

32407482.jpg

skipped . . . .

2011-10-17 @ CJ E&M enewsWorld

At news that singer and actor Rain would be entering the army, fans from around the world expressed their sorrow, and on October 11, the day of his enlistment, more than 1,000 fans gathered to see him off.

A star loved not only in Asia but in Hollywood. A star who is humble, friendly and hardworking. There are so many ways to describe Rain. Rain has been on a winning streak ever since his debut, and we took a look at just what all the fuss was about.

78775733.jpg

I am

Rain made his debut in 1998 as the rapper of the six member idol group, Fanclub. Soon after, however, his team broke apart, and no one came to remember Rain from back then. Later on he was picked out by a manager and came in to JYP for an audition. After a four hour dance audition, he was chosen again as a trainee, this time for JYP Entertainment. In 2002, he was admitted to Kyunghee University’s Postmodern Music Department, and made his new debut under the name Rain.

His road turned out to be paved with success, as he continued to turn out smash hits such as Bad Boy, It’s Raining, I Do, Instead of Saying Goodbye and Ways to Avoid the Sun. He also won huge success as an actor with the drama Sang Doo, Let’s Go to School! in 2003, and became an popular across Asia with the 2004 drama Full House. His career as an actor didn’t end there, as he continued on to more hit dramas such as A Love to Kill.

Rain first officially targeted the global market in the mid-2000s. The popularity he earned through Full House blew some wind into Rain’s sails, but it didn’t turn out to be all good. His Japan promotion flopped, and his concerts in America turned out to be more troublesome than expected. His performance in New York only brought harsh reviews from the locals, and compared to the smooth success he enjoyed with concerts across Asia, the concerts in America proved to be harder going. Some concerts, such as the LA concert, were cancelled altogether, and Rain even had to stand in court after being charged for the cancellations.

But the decision to establish Rain as an actor, not a singer, in America came to be a big turning point for Rain’s promotion in America. He was cast in the film Speed Racer, produced by the famous Wachowski Brothers, and later on the Brothers decided to star Rain as the main role in their film Ninja Assassin, making Rain a true new global star.

Rain saw that his songs and dance could only be an imitation of American pop, and saw fit to undergo a major career change to an actor in America. His new plan turned out to be the right way to go, and just like that Rain became a ‘world star’.

66484828.jpg

Charm

Rain has so many different charms. First of all, he has attractive looks. Rain doesn’t have perfect good looks, but he does have a uniqueness that appeals to the new generation. His single eyelids sometimes give off a strong charisma, and sometimes a profound friendliness. A mix of what the East and West each believe are attractive in his looks takes up a large part of his charms.

His muscles, which he built through extensive exercise, make the hearts of many women flutter. The wave dance he dances with his bare chest is difficult to perform if you don’t have pride in your body. He has a baby face and a beautiful six pack, letting him have a pure and yet manly image at the same time.

Of course you can make a six pack through exercise, but you can’t do anything for your height. Rain stands tall at 185cm, a height which enhances his many charms. Turns out he was born with the goods.

He is perfect on the outside, but many officials also point out that Rain is very diligent and hard working. Cube Entertainment’s Head CEO Hong Seung Seong, who knew Rain since he was a trainee, praised the singer’s diligence in his essay If You Stop Now, There will Be No Spotlight. CEO Hong said, “Rain was so crazy for his work that it was no exaggeration to say he was harsh on himself. Even after his broadcast schedules ended at 2 in the morning, he never went to sleep if he didn’t exercise for a specific amount of time. He believed that he should keep the rules he drew out for himself, so I would always find him at the practice room at 5 in the morning.”

When producer Park Jin Young told Rain that if he didn’t make it into college Park Jin Young would not let him release his debut album, he started studying for the college entrance exams only a 100 days before they were to be administered. In the end he made it into Kyunghee University, and Park Jin Young let him release his debut album.

Rain has many other attractions to his personality other than his diligence. That he’s polite and can make anyone feel comfortable, and that he has a great consideration for others is what the people who’ve worked with Rain all say. The stars who worked with him in the last film before his enlistment, Flight : Close to the Sun, all say the same thing. He was the lead actor with an additional global star title on his shoulders, but he still stepped forward to do everything first at the shoot. He said himself that he “was experimented on [first] for everything.”

On top of his outer and inner charms, he also has great skills in acting, dancing and singing. The man is perfect; need we say more?

39774974.jpg

Crisis

Perhaps because he was active across such a wide spectrum of activities, Rain was involved in many scandals. He didn’t do much wrong himself, but many factors shook him up from the outside.

In 2007 Rain left the producer Park Jin Young. Many assumptions on their relationship followed, but what officials all said was that “the two weren’t on good terms with each other.” Why did the relationship between Park Jin Young and Rain come to such a bad end? Officials speculate that it was their differing opinions on Rain’s future career that did it.

Because he was such an attractive star, he was also surrounded by many love stories. Top stars such as Song Hye Gyo, Lee Hyori, Gong Hyo Jin and Jun Ji Hyun were pointed at as the lovers of the much coveted man. Rain never confirmed any of those scandals were true.

Not many stars have been embroiled in so many lawsuits as Rain, either. The cancellation of his 2007 LA concert and Hawaii concert brought in a lawsuit against him. The Korean courts ruled that he was not guilty, but the American courts ordered Rain to pay a large amount of compensation. The incident was wrapped up with an agreement between the two parties, but the incident surely made Rain suffer for a long time.

Last year Rain and eight of the stockholders from J Tune Creative were sued by a Mr. Lee in the apparel business on charges that they had embezzled about 2 billion won from the company and had damaged the well-being of many investors. Rain was said to be not guilty at the time, but recently the prosecution has picked up the investigation again because they received an order for a re-investigation.

Rain was also accused of manipulating stocks when he was selling his J Tune shares, and rumors also flied around that he was a big gambler. Most of the incidents were concluded in favor of Rain, but they were enough to scar the image of the global star.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full House will be shown again in Malaysia -

New Straits Times 11/15/2011 — By NUR AQIDAH AZIZI (nur@nst.com.my)

Aerial talk: More than just rom-com

newstraitstimesfullhouse_cusa.jpg?w=300&h=276

It has been remade twice and won awards. And now there’s a plan for a sequel. So what makes Korean drama series Full House, such a success?

The answer can be anything, from a good storyline to catchy soundtracks, but one thing for sure, Full House has all the right ingredients to draw the audience.

While romantic comedy is its theme, it also strikes a balance between light action and tear-jerking drama, making fans laugh and cry at the same time.

Lead actors Song Hye-kyo and Rain have great chemistry, so much so that they won Best Couple award at the 2004 KBS Drama Awards.

Full House is about naive, aspiring scriptwriter Han Ji-eun (Song) who lives in her home called Full House, built by her late father.

One day, her two best friends trick her into believing that she had won a free vacation trip. When she is away, they sell her house.

On the plane, she meets a famous actor, Lee Young-Jae (Rain). When she returns, Han is shocked to find out that her house has been sold to Lee and that she has to work as a maid in the house to buy it back.

Things get messy and Lee offers Han a six-month marriage contract with him. In return, he will return the house to her.

Their love-hate relationship is fun to watch, especially when they childishly fight each other to protect their territory in the house.

Rain is a natural as the romantic protective husband in public. Fans love how the couple’s relationship evolves.

The impact of the series was so huge that a Filipino drama with the same title was made in 2009 featuring Richard Gutierrez and Heart Evangelista. Vietnam too had its version of the series in 2009.

Although we’ve yet to come out with a local remake, Full House was just as popular when it first aired on a local station a few years ago.

Izwan Pilus’ “Kembali Senyum” is a local version of the theme song “Why”.

The series returns on weekdays at midnight on 8TV.

Source/credit:Cloud USA/Stephe

Hi willenette , this is the last news we have about Rain in the camp and though there is an update about his dad's tweet, we still have to wait for its official English translation. I read that his father will meet him tomorrow so I presume that what we believed then is correct that his training graduation day will be on November 17, 2011. We are really in drought when it comes to his current concerns so I am sharing this article which had not been posted before, though quite old by our standard :lol: I like what is written here specially when it comes to his charm and also the crisis in his life being human like all of us. :wub:

Star

Rain

*quoted image*

skipped . . . .

2011-10-17 @ CJ E&M enewsWorld

At news that singer and actor Rain would be entering the army, fans from around the world expressed their sorrow, and on October 11, the day of his enlistment, more than 1,000 fans gathered to see him off.

A star loved not only in Asia but in Hollywood. A star who is humble, friendly and hardworking. There are so many ways to describe Rain. Rain has been on a winning streak ever since his debut, and we took a look at just what all the fuss was about.

*quoted image*

I am

Rain made his debut in 1998 as the rapper of the six member idol group, Fanclub. Soon after, however, his team broke apart, and no one came to remember Rain from back then. Later on he was picked out by a manager and came in to JYP for an audition. After a four hour dance audition, he was chosen again as a trainee, this time for JYP Entertainment. In 2002, he was admitted to Kyunghee University’s Postmodern Music Department, and made his new debut under the name Rain.

His road turned out to be paved with success, as he continued to turn out smash hits such as Bad Boy, It’s Raining, I Do, Instead of Saying Goodbye and Ways to Avoid the Sun. He also won huge success as an actor with the drama Sang Doo, Let’s Go to School! in 2003, and became an popular across Asia with the 2004 drama Full House. His career as an actor didn’t end there, as he continued on to more hit dramas such as A Love to Kill.

Rain first officially targeted the global market in the mid-2000s. The popularity he earned through Full House blew some wind into Rain’s sails, but it didn’t turn out to be all good. His Japan promotion flopped, and his concerts in America turned out to be more troublesome than expected. His performance in New York only brought harsh reviews from the locals, and compared to the smooth success he enjoyed with concerts across Asia, the concerts in America proved to be harder going. Some concerts, such as the LA concert, were cancelled altogether, and Rain even had to stand in court after being charged for the cancellations.

But the decision to establish Rain as an actor, not a singer, in America came to be a big turning point for Rain’s promotion in America. He was cast in the film Speed Racer, produced by the famous Wachowski Brothers, and later on the Brothers decided to star Rain as the main role in their film Ninja Assassin, making Rain a true new global star.

Rain saw that his songs and dance could only be an imitation of American pop, and saw fit to undergo a major career change to an actor in America. His new plan turned out to be the right way to go, and just like that Rain became a ‘world star’.

*quoted image*

Charm

Rain has so many different charms. First of all, he has attractive looks. Rain doesn’t have perfect good looks, but he does have a uniqueness that appeals to the new generation. His single eyelids sometimes give off a strong charisma, and sometimes a profound friendliness. A mix of what the East and West each believe are attractive in his looks takes up a large part of his charms.

His muscles, which he built through extensive exercise, make the hearts of many women flutter. The wave dance he dances with his bare chest is difficult to perform if you don’t have pride in your body. He has a baby face and a beautiful six pack, letting him have a pure and yet manly image at the same time.

Of course you can make a six pack through exercise, but you can’t do anything for your height. Rain stands tall at 185cm, a height which enhances his many charms. Turns out he was born with the goods.

He is perfect on the outside, but many officials also point out that Rain is very diligent and hard working. Cube Entertainment’s Head CEO Hong Seung Seong, who knew Rain since he was a trainee, praised the singer’s diligence in his essay If You Stop Now, There will Be No Spotlight. CEO Hong said, “Rain was so crazy for his work that it was no exaggeration to say he was harsh on himself. Even after his broadcast schedules ended at 2 in the morning, he never went to sleep if he didn’t exercise for a specific amount of time. He believed that he should keep the rules he drew out for himself, so I would always find him at the practice room at 5 in the morning.”

When producer Park Jin Young told Rain that if he didn’t make it into college Park Jin Young would not let him release his debut album, he started studying for the college entrance exams only a 100 days before they were to be administered. In the end he made it into Kyunghee University, and Park Jin Young let him release his debut album.

Rain has many other attractions to his personality other than his diligence. That he’s polite and can make anyone feel comfortable, and that he has a great consideration for others is what the people who’ve worked with Rain all say. The stars who worked with him in the last film before his enlistment, Flight : Close to the Sun, all say the same thing. He was the lead actor with an additional global star title on his shoulders, but he still stepped forward to do everything first at the shoot. He said himself that he “was experimented on [first] for everything.”

On top of his outer and inner charms, he also has great skills in acting, dancing and singing. The man is perfect; need we say more?

*quoted image*

Crisis

Perhaps because he was active across such a wide spectrum of activities, Rain was involved in many scandals. He didn’t do much wrong himself, but many factors shook him up from the outside.

In 2007 Rain left the producer Park Jin Young. Many assumptions on their relationship followed, but what officials all said was that “the two weren’t on good terms with each other.” Why did the relationship between Park Jin Young and Rain come to such a bad end? Officials speculate that it was their differing opinions on Rain’s future career that did it.

Because he was such an attractive star, he was also surrounded by many love stories. Top stars such as Song Hye Gyo, Lee Hyori, Gong Hyo Jin and Jun Ji Hyun were pointed at as the lovers of the much coveted man. Rain never confirmed any of those scandals were true.

Not many stars have been embroiled in so many lawsuits as Rain, either. The cancellation of his 2007 LA concert and Hawaii concert brought in a lawsuit against him. The Korean courts ruled that he was not guilty, but the American courts ordered Rain to pay a large amount of compensation. The incident was wrapped up with an agreement between the two parties, but the incident surely made Rain suffer for a long time.

Last year Rain and eight of the stockholders from J Tune Creative were sued by a Mr. Lee in the apparel business on charges that they had embezzled about 2 billion won from the company and had damaged the well-being of many investors. Rain was said to be not guilty at the time, but recently the prosecution has picked up the investigation again because they received an order for a re-investigation.

Rain was also accused of manipulating stocks when he was selling his J Tune shares, and rumors also flied around that he was a big gambler. Most of the incidents were concluded in favor of Rain, but they were enough to scar the image of the global star.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full House will be shown again in Malaysia -

New Straits Times 11/15/2011 — By NUR AQIDAH AZIZI (nur@nst.com.my)

Aerial talk: More than just rom-com

*quoted image*

It has been remade twice and won awards. And now there’s a plan for a sequel. So what makes Korean drama series Full House, such a success?

The answer can be anything, from a good storyline to catchy soundtracks, but one thing for sure, Full House has all the right ingredients to draw the audience.

While romantic comedy is its theme, it also strikes a balance between light action and tear-jerking drama, making fans laugh and cry at the same time.

Lead actors Song Hye-kyo and Rain have great chemistry, so much so that they won Best Couple award at the 2004 KBS Drama Awards.

Full House is about naive, aspiring scriptwriter Han Ji-eun (Song) who lives in her home called Full House, built by her late father.

One day, her two best friends trick her into believing that she had won a free vacation trip. When she is away, they sell her house.

On the plane, she meets a famous actor, Lee Young-Jae (Rain). When she returns, Han is shocked to find out that her house has been sold to Lee and that she has to work as a maid in the house to buy it back.

Things get messy and Lee offers Han a six-month marriage contract with him. In return, he will return the house to her.

Their love-hate relationship is fun to watch, especially when they childishly fight each other to protect their territory in the house.

Rain is a natural as the romantic protective husband in public. Fans love how the couple’s relationship evolves.

The impact of the series was so huge that a Filipino drama with the same title was made in 2009 featuring Richard Gutierrez and Heart Evangelista. Vietnam too had its version of the series in 2009.

Although we’ve yet to come out with a local remake, Full House was just as popular when it first aired on a local station a few years ago.

Izwan Pilus’ “Kembali Senyum” is a local version of the theme song “Why”.

The series returns on weekdays at midnight on 8TV.

Source/credit:Cloud USA/Stephe

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this stuff. Here's the Eng trans of his tweet.......................I'm really so happy hearing news about this from his Dad. RAIN's 5th week will be tomorrow, November 17 & I think this will also be his Graduation Day.....................This is his Week 5, & this "Moral Education". (this is the last phase) Meanwhile, recruits are starting to clean & carry out maintenance on their firearms & equipment so the next batch of recruits can start using them. Last: Completion Ceremony-Visit, which is done on November 17.....I'm sure we won't really hear about this Training Graduation since as what I've said here - this ceremony couldn’t be open to public due to security aspect. (unlike the entrance day the training graduation day is closed for media and fans). Ye, expect this time to come - we'll be really in drought for the coming days until his time for discharge.................It's OK, dear.........we could manage this..... :sweatingbullets:

[Nov-16-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's father's post on Twitter_Before visiting his son tomorrow.

<Revised>

___normal.JPG

kichun4379 kichun jung

잠이않온다 아들놈볼생각에..입소한지 5주가지났다 많이보고싶다 군복입은 모습을 상상해본다 면회간다니 팬들께서 음식을 이것저것 많이준비하신단다 아들놈이 좋아하겠다

Favorite Retweet Reply

I cannot sleep at the prospect of seeing my son.

It’s been five months since he was enlisted. I imagine him in uniform.

His fans say they will prepare a variety of food to ask me to give them to him myself.

I think my son will be happy.

___normal.JPG

kichun4379 kichun jung

잘들지내시죠?팬여러분 날씨가 많이쌀쌀해젔네요 내일 아들놈 면회갑니다 5주훈련끝나고 자대가기전 면회인것같습니다 다녀와서 후기올리겠습니다

Favorite Retweet Reply

Are you getting along fine?

My son's fans, the weather has grown colder.

Tomorrow, I'm going to visit my son who is in the army.

I think this visit has been arranged before the recruits (including my son) get assigned to the formal unit after their five week-training is over.

There will be a postscript to the visit after I attend a ceremony to congratulate them for they have finally completed the whole course of the training.

Source : https://twitter.com/#!/kichun4379

*** We know that this is an old video but I think it was not posted here yet (?) - :sweatingbullets:

[Old]BI Rain in W hotel 091127 _by charlotte

Credit : wawalalal-rain-cloud.co.kr/

091127%5FBI%5FRain%5Fin%5FW%5Fhotel%5Fby%5Fcharlotte%2Eflv%5F000036266.jpg

My link

<Update>

-Brief summary-

anjjo, so nice to hear any news about him there in his training camp. I miss RAIN! But is he really doing fine there, is he healthy, did he lose weight or still the same, huh? He has been away for 5-weeks already………..and scheduled for release on 2013……….It’s still so far away! Sigh.............. :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

Rain Bi picture

2011-11-15

credit: huda@rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

Like willenette I am wondering when this was taken and why. Rain looks absolutely gorgeous as usual! Although the pants are a bit weird, I admit loooool.

[11-15] [More]Rain The Best Show costume @ Myeong Dong KSTORY

credit : Rainangel / ratoka-rainlegend

*quoted image*

I have never heard of this store in Seoul, that there is a K-Story. Looks very interesting. Maybe they have some other Rain goodies.

[Nov-16-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's father's post on Twitter_Before visiting his son tomorrow.

<Revised>

*quoted image*

kichun4379 kichun jung

잠이않온다 아들놈볼생각에..입소한지 5주가지났다 많이보고싶다 군복입은 모습을 상상해본다 면회간다니 팬들께서 음식을 이것저것 많이준비하신단다 아들놈이 좋아하겠다

Favorite Retweet Reply

I cannot sleep at the prospect of seeing my son.

It’s been five months since he was enlisted. I imagine him in uniform.

His fans say they will prepare a variety of food to ask me to give them to him myself.

I think my son will be happy.

*quoted image*

kichun4379 kichun jung

잘들지내시죠?팬여러분 날씨가 많이쌀쌀해젔네요 내일 아들놈 면회갑니다 5주훈련끝나고 자대가기전 면회인것같습니다 다녀와서 후기올리겠습니다

Favorite Retweet Reply

Are you getting along fine?

My son's fans, the weather has grown colder.

Tomorrow, I'm going to visit my son who is in the army.

I think this visit has been arranged before the recruits (including my son) get assigned to the formal unit after their five week-training is over.

There will be a postscript to the visit after I attend a ceremony to congratulate them for they have finally completed the whole course of the training.

Source : https://twitter.com/#!/kichun4379

For sure Rain's dad is excited to see his son again and for us it is more exciting to have some more news and updates on him, how he is doing, maybe having couple of recent pictures. For sure Rain's dad won't sleept this night.

Do we know where and which unit Rain will be serving for the rest of his service? I hope it is not a too dangerous area.

anjjo, so nice to hear any news about him there in his training camp. I miss RAIN! But is he really doing fine there, is he healthy, did he lose weight or still the same, huh? He has been away for 5-weeks already………..and scheduled for release on 2013……….It’s still so far away! Sigh.............. :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

willenette, finally, today is the training graduation day after 5 weeks but still a small amount of time minus to the balance of the 2-year waiting for us :lol:. We are now eagerly anticipating of what update Rain's Dad will give us as he said in his tweet after he attends the ceremony. I hope he and Hana are allowed to share with us some pics of the event to lessen our longing and missing for Rain.

Some queries for you, my dear -

Will we know now where Rain will be permanently assigned for the remaining time of his MS?

About Kim Tae Woo's wedding which is on Dec. 26, 2011, do you think Rain will be privileged to have that day as a vacation granting it is so close to Christmas, to attend said occasion? Surely he is invited, KTW is one of his closest friends and remember, he is one of the 7 Rainmakers. Well, maybe he will be one of the godfathers of his baby, too . If Rain is just around and not in his MS, I think he will also tease KTW just like the other GOD members but also wish him well. :D

As you said, we really miss him so much! :wub:

Supposing he can attend, do you think he will sing at KTW's wedding his immortal "I do"? hahah :lol: So much kisses, then. :lol:

Sorry dear, so many questions but I know I will love your answers! :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[11-16] 111116 Mentholatum Concept Store @ Guangzhou, China

Credit: Mentholatum @ weibo

753e36degw1dn5zxl0y8bj.jpg?w=497&h=665

753e36degw1dn611ygfezj.jpg?w=497&h=731