Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Translation - Rain in the eyes of his team members

2011-10-25

by huhuhuhu@ http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1768&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

The Army's cafe has posted many letters from other trainee solders who are in the same unit as our prince. Some of them mentioned about our prince^^ We gained lots of information from them!

Big thanks to the diligent Chinese clouds 卡机马门 http://weibo.com/1802043831 and WW-2013 http://weibo.com/1572738474 and many others if I have overlooked. They compiled and translated the Korean into Chinese. Please give them full credit when post this elsewhere.

English translation by: huhuhuhu

From No. 10 trainee soldier: Jihoon brother, just like the kind brother next door, he is the brother next door ~~ but very cool

Second letter from No. 10 trainee. He said there is a reward and punishment point system in the army. If you get 15 points per week then you are allowed to make a 3-5 minutes phone call. He only got 7, 8 points this week. In their hall only Jihoon brother got 15 points. He said Jihoon brother is amazing, very kind, very cool. He's like a brother next door, but outside he is a world star. "I eat and talk by his side.. it's only possible here.."

From No. 34 trainee: 35 trainee soldiers stay in one large house, so everyday they do things together, like 35 of them going to shower.. He slept close to our prince so he could see our prince's sleeping face everyday. He said Bi brother is a nice man. Bi brother told them on their graduation ceremony he will sign for all of them, and will take photo with all of them.

Another letter: "Jihoon brother is really nice, just like a kind hearted brother next door... But, wow.. his body is just great... His height may be 185 cm.. totally cool

There were similar letters about our prince being like a kind hearted brother next door, without the pretentious air of a world star..

Information from Korean fans on the reward/penalty point system:

Each soldier will start with 0 point. To gain points you have to: 1. volunteer to be on duty, 2. transform the boring, restless atmosphere during spriritual education, 3. give up and offer your chocolate pie to others, 4. finish your action loud and sound and fast during training, 5. positive attitude at training.

Korean fans also found out from the letters of other trainee soldiers that our prince was chosen as the leader of trainee soldiers (the leader of the whole Squadron 12 trainee soldiers). So he has to set example for everything. He has to stand up whenever something major happens, and he has to be responsible for many things. He has to provide feedback to the army about his squadron. If anything goes wrong with the squadron, he has to take the blame and penalty. He will get compensation leave, but then he will have to be on night duty.

The squadron leader was by recommendation from the trainees, and then selected if the person agrees.

Over...

Feel so so proud of our prince! Feel so so proud being his cloud!

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing the translation done by huhuhuhu. I learned & discover more about MS...........Nice & cool reading this. And I feel happy to know that RAIN seems to be doing fine inside. :sweatingbullets:<_<

[Oct-25-2011] Rain, "first chapter of life is over…second chapter begins at the military."

AKR20111010187400005_01_i.jpg

PYH2011100910610001300_P2.jpg

PYH2011100910480001300_P2.jpg

PYH2011100910640001300_P2.jpg

During the phone interview a day before enlisting..."the biggest hardship was when I became independent from ‘Park Jin Young' (JYP)

"Now the first chapter of life of 'Rain' is over. Second chapter of life will begin at the military. If I was a hard pine tree until now, I will come back as a flexible bamboo. Haha.".

Singer Rain (Jung Ji Hoon, 29) answered during the phone interview by Yeonhap News a day before enlisting, the 10th, with a bright voice when asked about his feelings for enlisting..

At the time of the interview, Rain was on his way back from his last visit to his late mother in Byeokje, Gyeonggido.

"I talked to my late mother a lot while praying for an hour. I promised to work hard during military service like I did as a singer. I also asked to look after my father and younger sister."

He had his last stage on the 9th by opening a free outdoor concert 'Last of the Best' at Youngdongdaero (Youngdong Grand Boulevard) in front of Korea Electric Power.

"I was rather moved by looking over 20,000 people yesterday," he said, "Memories of last 10 years passed by like snapshots every time I sang a song. All songs had nostalgia. I almost cried but I resisted." .

He added, "I'm going to organize my stories of last 10 years at the military. Later, I would like to publish a book named 'Victory for 20s.'" He laughed.

The followings are questions and answers with Rain on the 11th who was about to be enlisted at 306 Supplements (booth camp), Uijeongbu, Gyeonggido.

--How did you spend your time after the enlisting announcement? .

▲I've received so many 'let's eat, let's drink' calls after enlistment news. I had a drink with actor 'Gosu' and actress 'Kim Sun Ah' at a cart bar and I also had a chat with 'Kang Je Gyu producer' who sat at the side table a few days ago when I went to Busan International Film Festival for 'Flight : Close to the Sun' production briefing session.

Also, 'Park Jin Young' came to the after party of yesterday's concert and encouraged me by saying, 'There will be a lot of better work after your military service.' I have a lot of good people around me which made me think, 'I've lived pretty well.' Haha. Now I'm on my way to edit yesterday's concert for broadcasting. I'm still working today.

--You’ve already cut your hair short when I saw you at the concert.

▲I wanted to show my short hair to my fans so I shaved with a hair-clipper and trimmed at the salon. I look like an elementary kid without any hair products.

-- You must have felt different throughout the concert since it was your last before enlisting..

▲The last 10 years passed by like snapshots when the opening performance began. It reminded me when I auditioned for 'Jin Young' hyung, when I was a dancer for 'Jin Young' hyung and 'Park Ji Yoon', when 'Instead of saying good-bye' became #1 when my first album almost went down the drain during the World cup season, when I received a grand award at the annual music awards with my 3rd album, when I was chosen twice on the American magazine 'Time 100', and when I received an award at the American 'MTV movie awards.'

All songs like "How to avoid the Sun' and 'It's Raining' had nostalgia. I promised myself not to cry yesterday and I was able to hold back pretty well.

--If you had to choose five most meaningful results from last 10 years. .

▲I can never forget the memories when I was able to familiarize a singer named Rain in Asia through 'Full House' drama, when I named in 'Time 100' based on popularity in Asia, when I was chosen as 'The most beautiful 50 people in the world' along with Brad Pitt in the American 'People' magazine, when I staged at the American Kodak Movie Theater during opening of my first Hollywood starred movie 'Ninja Assassin,' and when I received an award with this movie at the 'MTV movie awards.'

-- You said you went through numerous ordeals but when was the most critical moment?

▲ It was when I left 'Jin Young' hyung in 2007. I was mentally pressured with a great attention of 'Is 'Jung Ji Hoon' able to escape from 'Park Jin Young's framework?' locally and abroad. In fact, 'Jin Young' hyung was a great partner to work with.

Division of work between us was good since he worked on the whole process of composition, recording, mixing, and mastering, etc. and I was responsible for choreography, stage costumes, broadcasting strategies, etc. However, I was under a lot of stress because I had to decide on everything from A to Z after I left him.

So I have a great attachment to 'Rainism' which is my first album after independence. Fortunately, both 'Rainism' and 'Love Story' from this album showed good results in the music chart.

--Have you thought about publishing a book of your challenges? And what would you name your title? .

▲I have thought of writing a book about things that have happened so far when first chapter of my life ends. But I have delayed it because I want to write it myself. I'm going to organize my stories in memos in my spare time during my military service.

I didn't know anything in my teens but I realized in my 20s that the real world is a scary place and people with innovative ideas succeed rather than good education. I'm planning to write these thoughts with times when I survived setbacks. When I think about the title of the book it'll be 'Victory for 20s.' Hahaha.

-- How do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

▲If I was a hard pine tree so far then I would change to a flexible bamboo when I come back. I always chose standard tactics without any flexibility in everything but now I would like to just flow with the wind. Also, I'm going to invest in myself. Recently, I wrote with korean brush, drew 'Nan' and I'm wanting to learn calligraphic. I'm keep liking the countryside so I might be farming when I'm old.

--Don't you have to seriously think about starting a family in your 30s?

▲Everyone is trying to be happy rather than being happy and I believe a man is the happiest when he spends quality time with his family. I would like to start a family but it wouldn't be easy. I've had girlfriends but it was hard since I couldn't give her the attention she needed while I was working. Everyone probably had this kind of experience.

I need someone who can understand each other's work. I'm going to put aside many works to mainly focus on my family if I get married. Then, I'm thinking about doing just one project a year whether it's an album or a movie.

--What encouragement can you say to your first producing group MBLAQ.

▲It would be great to have them to become tiger cubs even if it could defame me. I wish MBLAQ succeeds more than me. I tell the members, 'Continuously work hard. Having a career as a celebrity is for a flash. Always have a strong heart to give up since you never know when you will face a crisis.' I always lived with a mind that I can start from the bottom again. I would like to emphasize this once again.

Credit to Yonhap news http://news.nate.com/view/20111010n23280

English translation by rain bird.

Rain’s basic training mates have only praises for the singer

rain_army_uniform5-e1318556722792.jpg

Singer Rain‘s basic training mates have only good things to say about the singer after the 4 weeks training is over.

The letters sent home by the newly recruited soldiers who have received the basic training with Rain, have been posted online. The letters were addressed to friends and family and the contents were full of praises for Rain.

One solider wrote, “I heard there was one entertainer who came to basic training and basically spent the whole month at the medical corps, but Rain was different. He didn’t skip any training. I was really at a loss for words.”

Other excerpts included, “He seemed like one those nice guys in town. But he was so cool”, “There’s this system in the military in which if you receive 15 points in a span of a week, you can call home for about 3 to 5 minutes. In our barrack he was the only one who earned the 15 points”, and many others had only good things to say about rain.

There were some funny excerpts as well, “The food here is awful, but if the world star can eat them, then so can I”, “Man! I get to sleep next to Rain. I’m a big deal.”

Rain had also left a short message for the fans on the 24th at the new recruit online cafe, “Most of the guys here are 7 to 11 years younger than me, so I kind of became their counselor here” and he revealed he was getting along just fine with his fellow new recruits.

After reading the letters the netizens commented, “Rain works hard at everything. I knew he would do great”, “How can I feel jealous of the new recruits? But I do”, “I’m sure the guys are having a blast with Rain around”, and so on.

Source: enews24 via Nate / kpopfever

Rain writes a letter to his fans, “I’m doing fine in the Army”

2011102509371628746_1.jpg

Singer and actor Rain recently wrote a letter to his fans.

Rain said, “I have received many letters from you. Reading your letters is very helpful in here.”

“I’m doing fine with the other soldiers. I’m experiencing many things here that I wouldn’t experience outside. All the other soldiers are at least seven or eleven years younger than me at most. So I’m a professional consultant here.”

“Sometimes I feel lonely, tired, cold, and hungry. But I also feel happy with little pleasures in this different environment. I have to go train now.”

People responded: “I’m relieved because you look like you are doing well in the Army.” “I will send you a letter too.” “Go, Soldier Jung Ji Hoon!”

Rain joined the Army on the 11th.

Source: Starnews

[Oct-25-2011] Rain's comtemporaries speak highly of his hard work.

i1025-4a.jpg

Rain's contemporaries from his military training camp are sharing behind-the-scene stories while staying with him, which attracts the attention.

Those stories are in their letters sent to their own acquaintances. In the letters posted on major portal sites, they have had nothing but praise for Rain.

One recruit was so amazed, "Unlike other former stars who often had to make their way to the dispensary during the training course, Rain has easily finished off the course they couldn't carry out. So I was stunned into silence."

Other recruits spoke highly of Rain's hard work, "Rain looks like a good hyung (brother) in my neighborhood and he is so cool." "There is a reward and punishment system where If we get the full 15 points, we can talk on the phone for about 3~5 minutes. Only he has achieved the work at our barrack."

In addition to these, many interesting stories are contained, "The military food is just lousy, but the world star managed to eat it, and so will I." "He and I are staying at the same barrack, and he is just two beds down from me. I'm such a man."

Before this, Rain let his fans know how he maintain good contemporary relations by posting a letter in his own handwriting on the unit Key cafe (blog), "There's an age difference of 7-11 years between them and me, so I've almost become their counselor."

Netizens responded to this, "As Rain always does a great job, I knew he would put across his task." "I burst out laughing reading a recruit's story - the world star managed to eat it, and so will I." "I think the recruit training center has a nice, homey atmosphere."

Meanwhile, Rain was enlisted at 306 Supplements (booth camp), Uijeongbu, Gyeonggido last October 11th, and he has been deployed at a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division via through its own random drawing.

This means he'll start his military life at his final military location after a random drawing at a Company, the Division's subordinate position, after a 8 week training course at a recruit training center belonging to the 5th Division from the 17th.

Credit to enews24 http://news.nate.com/view/20111025n07174

Rain praised by fellow soldiers

Oct 25 2011

51b52d82a1ab824d10f186c343cf8213.jpg

Praise that Rain's army colleagues lavished on him have made its way onto the internet. The soldiers had participated in an exercise where they had to write letters to each other; Rain's letters were reportedly filled with praises.

A soldier wrote, "There are celebrities who take sick leave all the time, but Rain is different. He goes through all the training he is told to do."

Other soldiers said "He is like a friendly neighbourhood brother. But a cool one", and "If we got 15 points in a week, we'd be allowed to make a 3 to 5 minute phone call; he earned almost all by himself."

There were also funny comments like "The food is terrible, but if a world star can eat it, I should too" and "I am the guy who spends every day beside Rain. I see him in the day and sleep beside him at night."

Previously, on October 24th, Rain posted on the recruit school blog that "the age gap between me and the others is seven years at the least and eleven years at the most. I've become a counsellor to the rest," suggesting the harmonious relationship he has with his fellow recruits.

Netizens commented: "Rain tries his best at everything, so I knew he would do well", "The first time I've been envious of recruits", "I laughed so hard at the comment about the food", and "The atmosphere in camp must be good".

Source: enews24//koreaboo.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Soar into The Sun picture

2011-10-25

Credit DC/ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

pi.jpg

*** RAIN is really so nice & thoughtful to write a letter to his fans & this we're sure that it's really coming from him personally & not from JTune Camp - hehehe. When I saw his handwritten, the more that I missed him! Oh........autograph..........they couldn't have this while on-training but definitely when they graduated & upon his discharge he could grant them. RAIN is a sweetie so it's unlikely of him not to give in to what his co-soldiers are requesting. I hope & pray that he keeps enjoying his time there. Hang in there oppa! I'm sure he could learn a lot and grows stronger as a person. I hope he won't have a hard time as the others. Stay healthy & safe! Probably, he's one of the best soldiers out there. 7-11 years older? That's so strange that everyone is younger than him! It's just that maybe his batch did enlist right after they have finished school. Kamsahamnida RAIN for your letter. I am so happy to hear that he is doing well. Cold? Please stay warm.......I'm sure his family also received a letter from him. :)

Rain handwrites a letter to his fans

2011102509371628746_1.jpg?time=112614

Singer, actor, international star Rain has updated his fans on his current situation by writing them a letter by hand.

He wanted to thank his many fans that have continually sent him letters through an online community site. He wrote, “I have some time right now so I thought I would jot down a few words… I am receiving all of your letters and am reading them thoroughly. Letters are my biggest source of strength.”

He continued, “I am getting along well with the other soldiers. I’m learning new things here that I’ve never come across in society, and for that I’m thankful. I’m a lot older than the other soldiers here. They are at least seven years my junior, and some are up to eleven years younger than I am. I think they like asking me for advice in life.”

“Sometimes I get lonely and tired, cold and hungry,” he said in regards to military life and concluded, “But I’m learning to enjoy myself in a new environment. I have to go now, I’m going into training.”

Fans who saw his letter remarked, “I’m so relieved that you’re doing well“, “I’ll write you too“, and “Soldier Jung Ji Hoon fighting!”

Rain became an official active duty soldier for the 306 reserves in GyungGido Uijeongboo on October 11th.

Source & Image: StarNews / allkpop

'Recruit' Rain reveals handwritten letter through base cafe

Rain joined the military as an active soldier and revealed a handwritten letter on their online site and said he is the professional counselor in his team.

The recruit team he is in revealed this handwritten letter on October 24th through their official site.

He wrote, "I am getting your letters well and fine. It really helps to read them".

He continued, "I am getting along well with my teammates. I am glad I am experiencing things I haven't been able to in society".

"The age gap between my fellow recruits goes from 7 years to 11 years at maximum. I am their official counselor now".

Finally, he said, "I am well in division five. I am lonely and tired or cold and hungry sometimes but still happy at the simplicity of it. I am reading all your letters so don't worry and my handwriting has always been bad".

Those who have seen his letter say, "Cheep up, I will not turn my back on you" and more which led up to 400 comments.

Rain was admitted to the army on October 11th at the 306th base located in Euijeongbu.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

[10-26] 11-10-26 Rain mentholatum

credit as tagged / ratoka-rainlegend

#曼秀雷敦男士专业护肤#常剃须的男人,可知道“胡子区”皮肤比其他部位更易干燥?剃须刀会损伤面部角质层,皮肤自我修护能力下降,所以剃须后需使用爽肤水及时修护。曼秀雷敦男士能量爽肤水富含卓越保湿成分透明质酸,即时锁水;特含绿茶抗氧化成分,舒缓须后皮肤。再搭配使用润肤品,让肌肤更滋润。

mentholatum_1-1.jpg

[11-Oct-11][enewsworld]Hallyu Stars Earning Big Money Through Overseas CFs

10-26-2011

If you really want to know how popular a celebrity is, a good way is to take a look at how much he or she is paid for shooting CFs (commercial films). More popular means more advertising effect means more money, right? But is it possible for Korean celebrities to actually receive more for shooting CFs overseas than in Korea? Apparently, it is!

World Report-The Great Korean Wave took a look at which celebrities are actually popular enough in other foreign countries to be paid more for shooting CFs there than in Korea.

Kara

Kara enjoyed an explosive bout of popularity two years ago in Korea with its single Mister. With its popularity, promptly came CF love calls, and the group suddenly was all over the place, recommending chicken places, shoes and even family restaurants.

Of course, when you take over the country, you get paid bank. The group received approximately 400 million won per commerical. And when it seemed things couldn’t get any better for the group, Mister again brought the group up to top star status in Japan. The group’s popularity made it a ‘blue chip’ star in Japan also, bringing the group approximately 700 million won per CF, 300 million won more than what the group was paid in Korea. What does this all mean? Basically, these girls don′t need any mister to help pay their bills.

Song Hye Gyo

Song Hye Gyo, Korea’s top actress. Every piece she stars in becomes a major hit, and in the belief that her winning streak will shine through her CFs, she′s also become an A class star in the advertisement industry, getting paid about 700 million won per CF in Korea.

Her status also reached out to China when her dramas Autumn in My Heart and Full House became major hits with record breaking ratings. This showed in the country’s CF industry, which paid her a staggering 1.1 billion won per CF, 400 million more than her Korean fees. Girl won′t be suffering anytime soon.

11-10-11 Enews - Hallyu Stars Earning Big Money Through Overseas CFs

credit : enews24

e.JPG

Rain

The man is entering the army as we type - and so it′s a good thing he′s stored up enough money through his commercials and advertisements. His CF earnings in Korea for the first half of the year reached about 2 billion won for two CFs, an estimated 1 billion for each. He also succeeded in scoring two more CF contracts in China, contracts.. The male cosmetics CF he filmed in China yielded 1.67 billion won per shoot, going way over the A class 1 billion won payment he received in Korea.

Jang Geun Suk

The Asian Prince Jang Geun Suk is actually an original CF star, as he made his debut 19 years ago with a children’s underwear advertisement. At the time he started small, getting paid 2.2 million won for modeling in his undies (minds out of the gutter- he was a kid!), and after entering middle school earned tens of millions for CFs with BoA and Ara. His rise in popularity continued with his appearance in the hit drama You’re Beautiful, leading him to receive big star payments of about 400 million won per CF.

You’re Beautiful was then exported to Japan, and helped crown Jang Geun Suk as a bonafide hallyu star. Now he’s busy trying to get through all the events and broadcast schedules on his already full list of things to do. And hard work really does pay off, as it was revealed that Jang Geun Suk receives a whopping 1.27 billion won per CF, 570 million more than the 700 million won paid to Japan’s state guests Bae Yong Jun and Lee Byung Hun!

His CF contracts even earn him 70 million won more than Korea’s number one CF model Lee Young Ae, who receives 1.2 billion won per CF, proving that Jang Geun Suk is also Korea’s top hallyu star in advertisement.

Additional reporting credit: Kim Hye Jeong, Kim Young Ju, Lee Ji Eun

Translation credit: Erika Kim @ enewsworld

credit:ratoka@ RAINLEGEND/rain-cloud.co.kr

------------------------------------------------------------

Jo Yoon-hee not to star in "Full House Season 2"

2011/10/25

photo202603.jpg

Actress Jo Yoon-hee will not be in the drama "Full House Season 2".

Jo Yoon-he was looking forward to starring in this drama as Jin Se-ryeong, the femme fatal with the face of an angel, but this will not be happening as she can't figure out her schedule.

Her management officials said, "While negotiating terms with "Full House Season 2", an overlapping of her schedules occurred and she won't be able to do it. This decision was made with reasonable agreement with the production".

"Full House Season 2" is based on Won Soo-yeon's 2004 original in and is the drama that created great fame for Rain (Jeong Ji-hoon) and Song Hye-kyo.

The cast is so far made up of Hwang Jeong-eum, Noh Min-woo-I, Park Ki-woong and more. "Full House Season 2" will be shown in Japan next March before it is done so in Korea.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )Hancinema

Jo Yoon-hee not to star in "Full House Season 2"

2011/10/25

*quoted image*

Actress Jo Yoon-hee will not be in the drama "Full House Season 2".

Jo Yoon-he was looking forward to starring in this drama as Jin Se-ryeong, the femme fatal with the face of an angel, but this will not be happening as she can't figure out her schedule.

Her management officials said, "While negotiating terms with "Full House Season 2", an overlapping of her schedules occurred and she won't be able to do it. This decision was made with reasonable agreement with the production".

"Full House Season 2" is based on Won Soo-yeon's 2004 original in and is the drama that created great fame for Rain (Jeong Ji-hoon) and Song Hye-kyo.

The cast is so far made up of Hwang Jeong-eum, Noh Min-woo-I, Park Ki-woong and more. "Full House Season 2" will be shown in Japan next March before it is done so in Korea.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )Hancinema

Hi anjjo, what is wrong with this drama? So many news about cast changes & dropping out……… They change at the speed of light. Just asking………I heard this is set for March broadcast & until now I haven’t heard any news about what network is going to air this because KBS is not picking this up I think. Oh, so many news popping out about this series that sometimes it’s more interesting than the drama itself – hehehe. Just can’t keep track, It is making my head spin, who’s in, who’s out. Wahhh…….. I don’t even want RAIN taking on this one anymore…………good, that he didn’t accept the offer. Maybe some projects just aren’t meant to be, I mean, why bother? If they’re really pushing-through with this, I hope that they should rename the drama. :lol:

Translation - Rain in the eyes of his team members

2011-10-25

by huhuhuhu@ http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1768&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation - Letter from Rain

2011-10-25

by huhuhuhu @ http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1767&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

First of all it feels with soooooo much pride reading those things about Rain and how is so praised and how he even excels in the army. And secondly: without any arrogance, I am not surprised at all! Did we expect any less from our Rain? He is always the best and he proved it again!

And seeing his handwritten letter is really heartwarming! It is so personal and so sweet!

Thanks for sharing!

[Oct-25-2011] Rain, "first chapter of life is over…second chapter begins at the military."

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

During the phone interview a day before enlisting..."the biggest hardship was when I became independent from ‘Park Jin Young' (JYP)

"Now the first chapter of life of 'Rain' is over. Second chapter of life will begin at the military. If I was a hard pine tree until now, I will come back as a flexible bamboo. Haha.".

Singer Rain (Jung Ji Hoon, 29) answered during the phone interview by Yeonhap News a day before enlisting, the 10th, with a bright voice when asked about his feelings for enlisting..

At the time of the interview, Rain was on his way back from his last visit to his late mother in Byeokje, Gyeonggido.

"I talked to my late mother a lot while praying for an hour. I promised to work hard during military service like I did as a singer. I also asked to look after my father and younger sister."

He had his last stage on the 9th by opening a free outdoor concert 'Last of the Best' at Youngdongdaero (Youngdong Grand Boulevard) in front of Korea Electric Power.

"I was rather moved by looking over 20,000 people yesterday," he said, "Memories of last 10 years passed by like snapshots every time I sang a song. All songs had nostalgia. I almost cried but I resisted." .

He added, "I'm going to organize my stories of last 10 years at the military. Later, I would like to publish a book named 'Victory for 20s.'" He laughed.

The followings are questions and answers with Rain on the 11th who was about to be enlisted at 306 Supplements (booth camp), Uijeongbu, Gyeonggido.

--How did you spend your time after the enlisting announcement? .

▲I've received so many 'let's eat, let's drink' calls after enlistment news. I had a drink with actor 'Gosu' and actress 'Kim Sun Ah' at a cart bar and I also had a chat with 'Kang Je Gyu producer' who sat at the side table a few days ago when I went to Busan International Film Festival for 'Flight : Close to the Sun' production briefing session.

Also, 'Park Jin Young' came to the after party of yesterday's concert and encouraged me by saying, 'There will be a lot of better work after your military service.' I have a lot of good people around me which made me think, 'I've lived pretty well.' Haha. Now I'm on my way to edit yesterday's concert for broadcasting. I'm still working today.

--You’ve already cut your hair short when I saw you at the concert.

▲I wanted to show my short hair to my fans so I shaved with a hair-clipper and trimmed at the salon. I look like an elementary kid without any hair products.

-- You must have felt different throughout the concert since it was your last before enlisting..

▲The last 10 years passed by like snapshots when the opening performance began. It reminded me when I auditioned for 'Jin Young' hyung, when I was a dancer for 'Jin Young' hyung and 'Park Ji Yoon', when 'Instead of saying good-bye' became #1 when my first album almost went down the drain during the World cup season, when I received a grand award at the annual music awards with my 3rd album, when I was chosen twice on the American magazine 'Time 100', and when I received an award at the American 'MTV movie awards.'

All songs like "How to avoid the Sun' and 'It's Raining' had nostalgia. I promised myself not to cry yesterday and I was able to hold back pretty well.

--If you had to choose five most meaningful results from last 10 years. .

▲I can never forget the memories when I was able to familiarize a singer named Rain in Asia through 'Full House' drama, when I named in 'Time 100' based on popularity in Asia, when I was chosen as 'The most beautiful 50 people in the world' along with Brad Pitt in the American 'People' magazine, when I staged at the American Kodak Movie Theater during opening of my first Hollywood starred movie 'Ninja Assassin,' and when I received an award with this movie at the 'MTV movie awards.'

-- You said you went through numerous ordeals but when was the most critical moment?

▲ It was when I left 'Jin Young' hyung in 2007. I was mentally pressured with a great attention of 'Is 'Jung Ji Hoon' able to escape from 'Park Jin Young's framework?' locally and abroad. In fact, 'Jin Young' hyung was a great partner to work with.

Division of work between us was good since he worked on the whole process of composition, recording, mixing, and mastering, etc. and I was responsible for choreography, stage costumes, broadcasting strategies, etc. However, I was under a lot of stress because I had to decide on everything from A to Z after I left him.

So I have a great attachment to 'Rainism' which is my first album after independence. Fortunately, both 'Rainism' and 'Love Story' from this album showed good results in the music chart.

--Have you thought about publishing a book of your challenges? And what would you name your title? .

▲I have thought of writing a book about things that have happened so far when first chapter of my life ends. But I have delayed it because I want to write it myself. I'm going to organize my stories in memos in my spare time during my military service.

I didn't know anything in my teens but I realized in my 20s that the real world is a scary place and people with innovative ideas succeed rather than good education. I'm planning to write these thoughts with times when I survived setbacks. When I think about the title of the book it'll be 'Victory for 20s.' Hahaha.

-- How do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

▲If I was a hard pine tree so far then I would change to a flexible bamboo when I come back. I always chose standard tactics without any flexibility in everything but now I would like to just flow with the wind. Also, I'm going to invest in myself. Recently, I wrote with korean brush, drew 'Nan' and I'm wanting to learn calligraphic. I'm keep liking the countryside so I might be farming when I'm old.

--Don't you have to seriously think about starting a family in your 30s?

▲Everyone is trying to be happy rather than being happy and I believe a man is the happiest when he spends quality time with his family. I would like to start a family but it wouldn't be easy. I've had girlfriends but it was hard since I couldn't give her the attention she needed while I was working. Everyone probably had this kind of experience.

I need someone who can understand each other's work. I'm going to put aside many works to mainly focus on my family if I get married. Then, I'm thinking about doing just one project a year whether it's an album or a movie.

--What encouragement can you say to your first producing group MBLAQ.

▲It would be great to have them to become tiger cubs even if it could defame me. I wish MBLAQ succeeds more than me. I tell the members, 'Continuously work hard. Having a career as a celebrity is for a flash. Always have a strong heart to give up since you never know when you will face a crisis.' I always lived with a mind that I can start from the bottom again. I would like to emphasize this once again.

Credit to Yonhap news http://news.nate.com/view/20111010n23280

Thanks dear for sharing the translation and the interview! So this was his final interview before entering. How I will miss reading his interviews like this.

Hi anjjo, what is wrong with this drama? So many news about cast changes & dropping out……… They change at the speed of light. Just asking………I heard this is set for March broadcast & until now I haven’t heard any news about what network is going to air this because KBS is not picking this up I think. Oh, so many news popping out about this series that sometimes it’s more interesting than the drama itself – hehehe. Just can’t keep track, It is making my head spin, who’s in, who’s out. Wahhh…….. I don’t even want RAIN taking on this one anymore…………good, that he didn’t accept the offer. Maybe some projects just aren’t meant to be, I mean, why bother? If they’re really pushing-through with this, I hope that they should rename the drama. :lol:

Hi willenette, I totally agree with you. I am also dizzy with all these casting changes. :lol: I hope and wish that this production will be permanently shelved.

][27-Oct-11][Korea News]Rain was chosen as the most suitable actor to play the role of Theseus

2011-10-28

korea.jpg

[

In a survey done by a portal site Nate, Rain took first place with 47% of the votes for ‘Who is the best Korean actor to play the role of Theseus of Immortals?’ So Ji Seop, who starred in Only You, took second place with 38% of the votes, and Park Jae Joong of JYJ took third place with 5% of the votes.

It is said that Rain is the most suitable for the role of Theseus because he has a firm and muscular body like that of Theseus. Netizens responded: “Rain must be the Korean Theseus.” “I give a vote to Rain who has a six pack just like that of Theseus.” “World Star Rain is the most suitable for the role of Theseus.”

Immortals is about the fight between Theseus, a mortal man chosen by Zeus, and the ruthless King Hyperion, who tries to destroy humanity.

Source: TV Report // en.korea.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fan Accounts - All about Rain

2011-10-28

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1769&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Source: DC

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=313985&page=3&bbs=

The person who posted this in DC said he saw our prince having his shooting training. He exclaimed our prince was indeed different from others and is truly a world star..

Our prince's shooting score is 19 out of 20^^

Although he is in a different army he wishes he could see our prince more often. He ended by saying that a boring army day finished happily because he saw our prince ^^

Another one:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=313988&page=1&bbs=

Yesterday author 전상국 was invited to give a talk at his/her school.

The author said the entertainer he respects most is Rain

He watched all his works

Needless to say, the person who posted this was filled with pride and felt so proud of our prince

oh by the way, I forgot to add one more information. According to Korean fans, the numbering of the recruits is based on their height. So our prince is not only the eldest brother to his team members, but is also the tallest^^

Big salute to No. 1 recruit Jung Jihoon^^ I hope you will earn enough points with your excellent shooting result to be awarded the telephone call this week, and that you don't have to give up your chocolate pie or be on night duty!

11-10-07 Rain @ Pusan ​​International Film Festival

credit as tagged/ratoka@rain-cloud.co.k

a1%283%29.jpg

a2%284%29.jpg

a3%283%29.jpg

a4%281%29.jpg

a5%281%29.jpg

a6%281%29.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

Hi willenette, I totally agree with you. I am also dizzy with all these casting changes. :lol: I hope and wish that this production will be permanently shelved.

Fan Accounts - All about Rain

2011-10-28

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1769&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Source: DC

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=313985&page=3&bbs=

The person who posted this in DC said he saw our prince having his shooting training. He exclaimed our prince was indeed different from others and is truly a world star..

Our prince's shooting score is 19 out of 20^^

Although he is in a different army he wishes he could see our prince more often. He ended by saying that a boring army day finished happily because he saw our prince ^^

Another one:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=313988&page=1&bbs=

Yesterday author 전상국 was invited to give a talk at his/her school.

The author said the entertainer he respects most is Rain

He watched all his works

Needless to say, the person who posted this was filled with pride and felt so proud of our prince

oh by the way, I forgot to add one more information. According to Korean fans, the numbering of the recruits is based on their height. So our prince is not only the eldest brother to his team members, but is also the tallest^^

Big salute to No. 1 recruit Jung Jihoon^^ I hope you will earn enough points with your excellent shooting result to be awarded the telephone call this week, and that you don't have to give up your chocolate pie or be on night duty!

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this fan account translated by huhuhuhu. I enjoy reading especially about his life now in military....besides, I learned something new again about the height. :lol:

anjjo, but, I read that they will start shooting mid November next month. In fact, they decided to shoot Full House 2 in 3 countries: South Korea, China and Japan. :)

Oct-28-2011]<Eng.trans> A current episode told of Rain in the army.

옆에 5사단이 있어서 왔겠거니 생각하고 있었는데 우리부대 사격장서 월드스타 비가 사격하는걸 봤다며...^^역씨...완존 남다르다며 감탄^^20발중 19발 맞췄단다. ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ 부대는 다르지만 비를 자주봤으면 좋겠고 무료하던 군생활에 비봐서 행복한 하루였다며 끝맺었음 ㅋㅋ

The recruits at the 5th Division camp that is next to my friend's, went through rifle drill at a firing range in his backyard, and Rain, one of them, was also seen doing target practice.

Rain was really something, just like what they had heard, as 19 of a total of 20 targets went down before his shooting.

Rain and my friend have not been assigned to the same unit, but he really wants to see Rain more often by saying, "Rain gave a welcome fillip to the military life that is pretty dull, which really made my day."

Credit to http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=313985&page=5&bbs=

anjjo, but, I read that they will start shooting mid November next month. In fact, they decided to shoot Full House 2 in 3 countries: South Korea, China and Japan. :)

Thanks willenette, in that case, we can only wish the best for its production. Still, I believe that no sequel or part 2 can match the success of the original Full House. :)

haha...so funny...letter from Cloud

2011-10-28

by Cuckoo@http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1771&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Can't find the original source link, will update later. Here is the original Chinese translation:

卡機馬門:偶棉鄭小葵。 CAFE信已經累計到1028封鳥。粗卡。加上韓飯給2號寫的2封信。算是1030封。最搞笑的是。韓飯說:”我們R的身材高大。腿也很長。。可能睡覺的時候多有冒犯。。如果傷到你,踢到你神馬的。。或者是侵犯到你的地盤。要多見諒。拜託忍到11月17號”。 2號收到信應該很莫​​名

English translated by Cuckoo below:

The army cafe letter has been accumulated to 1028 letters. Including the 2 letters which were sent by Cloud, total will become 1030. The most interesting one is ~ a letter from one Korea Cloud to No. 2 soldier (he should sleep next to Rain in the camp) ~

"Our Rain is big and tall, he also has one pair of long legs. Sorry for any inconvenient while you guys were sleeping.

Also, if your space has been interfered. Please kindly understand. Please be patient till November 17th" Wonder how does No. 2 soldier would react after he read the letter....

-----------------------------

Note: I think November 17, 2011 is Rain's Training Graduation Day

[Oct-28-2011]<Eng.trans> "Rain's self camera at his house" episode of SBS TV 'Star Human Theater' - "Rain's promise with his late mother" part ( in 2005)

- Bi's (Rain's) self camera at his house (APT)-

~0:19

Yes, this is my house, not just an accommodation.

0:20~0:30

I always sleep here after my schedule.

I'm in my room. Let me show you around.

0:33~34

Wait a minute. Ta-da!

0:39~45

My bed is over there, and Rain calendar is here.

0:46~50

This is the TV I always watch to monitor the program I appear on.

0:55~59

Please take a look at this. There is another secret door.

1:00

Do you have any idea where I am?

Accessories, several books related to design I've collected, etc, are stored in this closet.

1:14~24

Let me tell you about them in detail.

There are sun glasses, necklaces, etc.

1:26

I'm going to go through to the front room.

1:33~38

Ta-da! Somebody painted my portrait and gave me it as a gift.

This is really good, isn't it?

1:45~49

That is a picture of my parents' wedding.

1:54~56

I can't show it to you in more detail.

2:01

That’s a picture of me in my junior high school. In the picture, I'm on the right.

2:06~13

Here is the kitchen where my family can make meals.

2:15~34

What is there in the refrigerator?

There is nothing in the freezer, but the fridge is full of healthy food such as ginger tea, jujubes, etc. What is that? It looks like a crock for red-pepper.

2:35~28

That is Chinese medicine I'm taking since I'm not feeling well recently.

2:40

Let me show you the living room again.

2:44

There is an air-conditioner..

2:49~54

What I’d really like to have later is that kind of a car called Huma that is a dream car.

2:59~3:04

Those trophies are my pride and joy.

Let me give a full and detailed account of them.

3:08~34

Receiving many trophies, I won many awards as the best new male artist and as the most popular singer at a large number of song festival awards governed by MBC TV, SBS TV, KM TV, etc.

3:39

I think I won many prestigious awards.

3:43~45

Seeing them, I just would like to say, thank you all.

3:50

This is the bathroom that is right next to my room.

3:58

Those are toiletries such as electric toothbrush, etc. used when I take a shower or a bath.

4:09~13

Ta-da!..These are presents to me from you.

They are also my things for bathing.

4:16~19

Those things are arranged neatly on the shelves.

Can you see the razor ?

4:20

The razor is expensive.

4:26

Oops! this person looks familiar.

4:31~36

I've taken winter clothes such as caps, that sort of things, out of the closet.

4:39

Belts are also sorted out.

4:44

So what do you think of my house?

4:49~53

Let me show you around my house.

Now I'm trying to look for what's there to be seen in it.

4:57

<<He's just trying to find something >>

5:03~40

This picture shows that 'Jin Young' hyung (JYP), the team manager who is his best friend, and I are riding in a limousine with glasses of wine or something in our hands, being invited by the promotion team involved in U.S.A.

5:44~6:05

Originally, I didn't want to release this picture.

In the picture, the assistance to help me in U.S.A. and my coordinator are on my left and right, respectively.

Both are older than I.

They are beautiful, but they have no boyfriends.

Why don't you introduce cool guys to them?

6:09~18

This picture shows that actor 'Cha Tae Hyun' hyung and I are posing for the camera with Shrek at Universal Studio, U.S.A.

6:25~41

Seeing this picture, it reminded me when I was trained with karate players in Japan.

6:43

I went through tough training at that time.

6:49~52

See that expression he (Rain) is wearing while doing high kicks on such a bitter cold day!

6:58

How cold his feet was!

7:02~08

I ran in the snow taking off my shoes, which was quite hard on me.

7:14

Now I'm going to release my naked body.

7:16

Ta-da!

7:22~30

In the picture, he (Rain) looks like a Hong Kong actor.

I was on a vacation in Malaysia.

7:33~49

This is the picture I took with 'Park Kyung Rim' and 'Shim Ji Ho' at that time when I was 'Park Kyung Rim's show as a regular.

7:54

It is already been one and five months since my debut.

8:01

I’m recently having treatment for my sore throat.

8:06

Today is the end of Bi's self camera.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Filming CF

2011-10-29

SOURCE : http://www.cyworld.com/cleverhy/9048497

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud-co.kr

[남자스타]비 - 입대전 마지막 CF촬영 현장 구경! 비는 진짜 멋있다.. 월드스타, 비, 정지훈, Rain

20111001-

은영씨 웨딩 촬영일.

웨딩플래너로 일하면 장점이 아주 많은데..

그 중 하나는 눈이 즐겁다는 것이다.

신부님들 이쁜드레스에, 이쁜 메이크업을 보는것도 재미고

메이크업 샵에서 내 신부가

연예인 옆에서 메이크업을 받는 경우도 더러 있게된다.

그러면.. 신부님이랑 나랑 소근소근거리며 좋다구 막 웃고....ㅎ

상권이 압구정 청담에 있기 때문에 우연히 길을 가다가도 진짜 연예인 많이 보는데..

나는 특히 독수리 같은 눈을 가지고 있기 때문에 남들보다 더 잘 보는 편이다.. ^^

그동안 봐온 연예인만도 백명넘을기세..

어찌됐던 이날도.. 운이라면 운일 그런 운좋은 날이었다.

우리 메이크업샵이 파크뷰이기 때문에

건물이 워낙 이쁘고 독특하여 촬영을 많이 하는건 알았는데..

이날은.. 군입대를 앞둔.. 정지훈.. 비 님 께서 등장하시다니!!

으앙.ㅠ 진짜 초특급 스타라서 그런지..

나도 모르게 막 떨리고 자리를 못떠나겠고..ㅎ

플래너가 체면없게 신부님앞에서 그러면안되는데 다행히

은영씨가 비의 완전 팬이어서 우리둘이 막 손꼭잡고 호들갑(?)

옆에서 신랑님은 막 사진찍어주시고..

실제론 정말 가까운 거리였는데.. 사진으론 감이 멀구나..

정말.. 실제로 본 비는.. 몸매가 정말 좋고..

그 뒷모습이 바지가 정말 타이트해서 몸매가 다 드러나는..

힙이랑 허벅지 있는데 완전 멋있드라 -.-

피부도 뽀얗고 저 씨에프 언제 나오나 기다리고만 있는 중..

연기도 정말 잘하던데..

클릭하시면 확대된 이미지를 보실 수 있습니다.

d3%282%29.jpg

d1%282%29.jpg

d2%282%29.jpg

[Oct-29-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain filming a CF in Cheongdam-dong street on 1 October 2011.

[Male star Rain] I watched Rain filming his last CF before enlisting! Rain, who is a world star, Bi, and 'Jung Ji Hoon', is so cool.

The day, 1 October 2011, was when Eun Young's memorial photographing was done before her wedding.

Having a career as a wedding planner has so many advantages, and one of them is pleasing to the eye.

Brides are a delight to watch as they look magnificent in their beautiful wedding dresses, they are receiving makeovers beautifully, they are receiving makeovers sitting next to celebrities sometimes, etc.

Lots of celebrities often pass on this Cheongdam-dong street where our shop is located, so I've stumbled on them hundreds of times, walking along it.

Anyway, it was a lucky day.

The building that houses our make-up shop has always been like an explosion on the street, deferring not a whit to anything around it, so various shootings take place frequently there.

The day when Jung Ji Hoon or Rain who was about to enlist in the army showed up, I was so nervous that I didn't know what to do.

When both 'Eun Young' and I, huge fans of Rain, made a fuss as if something big had happened, her bridegroom took pictures of him.

Rain looked like he was pretty fit in real life.

Since he was wearing figure-hugging jeans, I couldn't take my eyes off his hip and thigh to die for. So great -.-

I'm just waiting for the TV CF where he appears with the milky-white skin he has.

I remember he also acted very well.

Source : http://www.cyworld.com/cleverhy/9048497