Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

It is really a shame that Mentholatum doesn't show more material that they for sure have of Rain.

bbly, hey, dear - I think we could get to see more materials soon - he has a presscon on April 12, yeheyyyy! Getting excited to see more on this CF & surely the video clip to follow also? Talking about CF here, I read KHJ & Hyun Bin have been selected the new models for Lotte Duty Free Shop combined with other top stars like RAIN , SSH & CJW who are the faces for Lotte Duty Free Shop until now. Lotte has selected HB as their new endorser. We all know that he’s serving his military right now so I have a feeling that they’d also do this for RAIN who has been loyal with them for some years now. :lol:

[Eng Trans]11-04-05 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

These are the pictures that Rain tweeted.

[pic]11-04-05 Rain Red Muffler new pics

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

source : 29rain @ twitter]

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Rain you are killing us!!! Soooooo wow!!! :wub: And he really seems to have a lot of time which surprises me as he is shooting a movie and giving concerts in between. I guess he really enjoys Twitter and feels more comfortable about using it now.

[review] I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK scores an 8.5 out of 10.

Really a good review and after reading it, it makes me want to watch the movie again.

bbly, hey, dear - I think we could get to see more materials soon - he has a presscon on April 12, yeheyyyy! Getting excited to see more on this CF & surely the video clip to follow also? Talking about CF here, I read KHJ & Hyun Bin have been selected the new models for Lotte Duty Free Shop combined with other top stars like RAIN , SSH & CJW who are the faces for Lotte Duty Free Shop until now. Lotte has selected HB as their new endorser. We all know that he’s serving his military right now so I have a feeling that they’d also do this for RAIN who has been loyal with them for some years now. :lol:

Yeah, we will dear!

I don't know what's wrong but my posts really get cut. I multiquoted several posts but only a few are here. Hmmm, I will observe this.

[Apr-06-2011] Rain in position to steal top slot of Time 100.

20110406000832_0.jpg

South Korean singer Rain currently ranks first on the 2011 TIME 100 poll of the “Most Influential People in the World,” raising expectations that he might steal the top slot when the final results come out on April 14.

The online voting started on Monday when Rain attracted some 47,600 votes, outpacing runner up Chris Colfer, the American actor of “Glee” fame, by 20,000 votes, illustrating Rain’s higher stature on the global stage.

Since 2006, Rain has made it onto the prestigious TIME 100 list for six straight years.

Rain is highly popular in Korea and elsewhere as a top-rated Korean wave actor who appeals to audiences even outside of Asia.

Rain also dabbled in the movie industry by grabbing roles in two Hollywood flicks, “Speed Racer” and “Ninja Assassin.”

This year, the TIME 100 list includes Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Steve Jobs, and U.S. President Barak Obama.

By Chang Ha-hyun (chh0124@gmail.com) http://www.koreaherald.com/entertainment/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110406000815

Intern reporter

Edited by John Power

------------------------------------------

[Apr-06-2011]<Eng.trans> [21s CF] 해찬들 Haechandle red hot pepper paste

The field is carpeted with our red Taeyangcho and rice which is grown and harvested thankfully on sunny days.

Even both of 'sea salt' which is pure and glowing and 'lots of waiting' which feels our best, are included in 'Haechahndle'.

It ('Haechahndle') includes nothing but 8 materials from nature.

First created by nature,

On the timetable of nature,

'Haechahndle'

* Taeyangcho (태양초 : sun-dried red peppers)

'Haechahndle' (해찬들: a red pepper paste brand)

Credit: 캐보꾸 @ DC // scorpiolabibi @ youtube

English translation by rain bird.

Yeah, we will dear!

I don't know what's wrong but my posts really get cut. I multiquoted several posts but only a few are here. Hmmm, I will observe this.

Hi bbly, I was also encountering the same problem yesterday - I really don't know what will happen to my posts now - Hope it won't be cut or missing..... :rolleyes:

[Apr-07-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> Cloud donors' list for a donation to charities to help the earthquake victims in Japan.

Hi, everyone. We're the 7th term Cloud executive board.

We would like to express our gratitude to everyone who has been involved in the fund raiser for the earthquake victims in Japan.

We've donated ten million won covered by the 8th term membership fee, to Good Neighbors by priority.

(We've sent our primary donation to the foundation because they've been so in need of help.)

The disaster relief aid collection raised by you Cloud will also be donated to Good Neighbors soon after it is organized again.

Japanese Cloud donors' list will be posted on this site by Miss hina, and they've delivered the aid collection to Good Neighbors in Japan.

We think our donation would be great encouragement to those who are in such a difficult situation.

Thank you.

Domestic Cloud donors' list. (국내 입금자 명단)

Oversea Cloud donors' list. (해외 입금자 명단)

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3373&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

English translation by rain bird

[Apr-07-2011]<From rain-cloud> Hi, every Cloud. This is Japanese master 'hina'.

Hi, every Cloud. This is Japanese master 'hina'.

We've received warm-hearted emails, words of encouragement, and messages which give us strength from many of you.

Thank you so much for your concern and attention on us.

Reading many of your loving messages, our heart was warmed while we were feeling that people are basically the same the world over as you touched the lives of millions of the earthquake victims through your charity work.

Special thanks to Cloud fans from all over the world including 'Raincloud HK', 'Rain Malaysia', 'China Baidu Rainbar Cloud' and so on.

We believe all of your philanthropic work will help the earthquake victims to stand up again as soon as possible.

We have no words to thank you enough, but on behalf of Japanese Cloud, I just want to express my heartfelt gratitude for your sharing love with us.

We love all of you.

Credit to http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?board_id=b_08080516522316&ref=3748&page=1

English translation by rain bird

[Apr-07-2011]<Info>SBS TV's Morning News reported correction article under fire this morning.

Please refer to rain-eu news room #1459.

SBS TV's Morning News reported correction article under fire this morning. (April 7, 2011)

Specifically showing old film footage of the careers of Rain who has proven that he is a real world star by being picked as TIME's top 100 most influential entertainers in the world, and by being nominated as a candidate even for the Time 100 Online Poll for the sixth year in a row, they offered a polite apology.

They commented, "We do hope Rain will be picked as TIME's top 100 most influential entertainers in the world again this year."

Source : benamoo http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo?t__nil_cafemy=item

Brief translation by rain bird.

Time and Rain: A Love Story

By Uri Friedman Apr 05, 2011

large.jpg

A day after Time launched its annual poll asking readers who should appear in the magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in 2011, the South Korean popstar Rain is dominating, with more than double the votes of the runner-up, Glee star Chris Colfer. It's something of an annual tradition for his fans as Rain's finished first or close to first nearly every year since 2007.

In 2009, when Chris Poole (a/k/a "moot")--the then-21-year-old founder of the online community 4chan.org--won the poll, Time noted that its technical team had detected and addressed attempts to hack the vote, though Poole denied that his followers had tampered with the poll. In fact, as TechCrunch pointed out at the time, 4chan users manipulated the 20 spots after Poole so that the first letter of every name spelled out “Marblecake, also the game” a reference to a 4chan chatroom. (In case you're wondering, Rain finished just behind the letter E in "game.")

However, Time appears less concerned about Rain's uncanny dominance of the magazine's popularity contest. As Time's staff writes in Rain's 2011 profile, "His army of fans helped him stay on top of this poll last year; let's see if there's still enough love to keep him on top today." And as anyone working on the web can tell you: page views are page views.

The unrelenting fan love has inspired some memorable moments over the years. In 2008, Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert, locked in a duel with Rain for the top in Time's rankings, engaged in a dance-off with the decidedly more agile and better dressed pop sensation:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5c7fj_stephen-colbert-vs-rain-dance-off_fun#from=embed

xxx xxx xxx

Source:http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2011/04/time-and-rain-love-story/36374/

Rain, manly, he could go to Air Force

20110406_1302081265_75739700_1.jpg

RAIN (Jeong Ji-hoon) spoke about his feelings about his movie "The Red Muffler - 2011" (directed by Kim Dong-weon).

On the 6th, Rain put up some pictures and wrote on his Twitter, "I enjoy filming. Fighter planes! I can't express the impression but I feel it's going to be the best Air Force movie...^^. I am excited. I introduce the F15. I will show you the set any chance I get. See you again!"

In the picture, he is wearing military with Boeing sunglasses, looking like a pilot. He also posed in another picture with Kim Sung-soo and they looked even better.

Netizens say, "I can't help looking at it because it's so good. Rain, fighting!", "I thought Rain would be awesome as an Air Force pilot or anything else relating to the military...stop being so awesome! It's hard to keep up!" and more.

Meanwhile, "The Red Muffler - 2011" is an action blockbuster of the Korean Air Force fighters who struggle to keep the skies safe and about their lives. The cast includes, Rain, Kim Sung-soo, Sin Se-kyeong, Yoo Joon-sang, Lee Ha-na, Lee Jong-suk and more.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

S.Korean Celebrity in 1st Place in Time Mag Vote

Korean Wave singer and actor Rain is in first place in an online voting for the World's 100 Most Influential People selected by the U.S. newsmagazine Time.

Rain has garnered some 47-thousand votes to stand in first place among the 204 nominees. He is some 20-thousand votes ahead of the second-placed figure, actor Chris Colfer.

In this year's online vote, nominees include mass pop culture stars including Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Susan Boyle, in addition to U.S. President Barack Obama and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Other figures include leading investor Warren Buffett and Apple's figurehead Steve Jobs.

The online vote will close next Thursday. Time Magazine will conduct its own screening process before announcing its top 100 in May.

Reported by KBS WORLD Radio

Source : english.kbs.co.kr... ( English Korean )

[Apr-07-2011] [benamoo fan site Notice] [A special event to celebrate the 9th anniversary of Rain's debut]

Benamoo is now accepting your [fan letters] as gifts for Rain to celebrate the 9 th anniversary of his debut.

The period of your participation in the event will be until 15 April, and please participate in it through benamoo's [공모방 (♤ 나무~이벵/공모(중)) : Open Recruitment Room] or through director's email coolparkss@hanmail.net

It would be possible even to participate in it by making a mention through Twitter.

♤ The details of the fan letters - The day when you were utterly infatuated with him / What's he like to you? / Something you want to talk to him about.

♤ The length of the letters - Simple sentence / Long sentence / Poetry / Fan Art (no limit on the materials)

♤ Background on your page - Your pictures / Rain's pictures / Character-driven pictures / Pictures in landscape. (Particularly, high-definition pictures are welcome)

http://twtkr.olleh.com/view.php?long_id=LSYGf

[Eng Trans]11-04-05 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

These are the pictures that Rain tweeted.

[pic]11-04-05 Rain Red Muffler new pics

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

source : 29rain @ twitter]

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, thankfully, RAIN took time out of his busy schedule for a little nourishment for us by updating his official Twitter page once again! :sweatingbullets:

11-04-06 Rain LotteDFS pic

ratoka 2011-04-06

http://rain-cloud.co.kr

credit as tagged

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting this photo from Lotte. Although, we know that this isn't new but I feel happy seeing his photo still with Lotte up to now. Lotte is one of the largest duty free shops in Korea. It is also active in helping the stars meet with their fans. And RAIN has been quite so long with them..... BTW, I prefer his Lotte pictures, which are in casuals. :lol:

RAIN, Nominated for Time 100

Jung_Ji_Hoon_386.jpg

RAIN was nominated to be listed for TIME 100.

America’s TIME magazine started a vote to look for the most influential artist in the entire world on the 4th. Every year, TIME picks 25 people in 4 categories, which are Leader, Hero, Artist, and Thinker. Rain was nominated for the Artist category and is competing against Lady Gaga, and Beyonce. He appeared in the movies Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin and became very famous around the world.

TIME said “Korea’s star Rain enjoys great popularity in Korea and his performances were seen all over the world. The people who have seen his dance battle with Steven Co will never forget the dance battle.”

It wasn’t the first time that Rain’s name was mentioned in the TIME 100. He was picked to be listed for TIME 100 in 2006 and was nominated for the list in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 and placed either first or second. Once again, he had 113077 votes for the 2011 list and has over twice the votes of second place Jay Chou.

Source Via : Sports chosun, askActor

[Apr-07-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain is seen with 'Baekga' at a bakery today.

빽가와 함께 출격...한시간전에..지금도 계신지는 모르겠네..

어떤 곳인가해서 검색해봤더니 케잌 부띠끄라는데...빙수가 맛난 곳인가봐.

빽여치니하고 데이트 즐거우셨세여?

Rain and his friend 'Baekga' were seen entering 'C Four', a bakery specializing in cake, in Apgujung-dong, about an hour ago (3:50pm)

I'm not sure they’re still together there.

Surfing the internet, I've found out that the bakery is also widely known for its delicious red bean sherbet.

Rain, did you enjoy your date with 'Baekga' ?

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296451&page=1&bbs=

Hi bbly, I was also encountering the same problem yesterday - I really don't know what will happen to my posts now - Hope it won't be cut or missing..... :rolleyes:

[Apr-07-2011]<Notice from rain-cloud> Cloud donors' list for a donation to charities to help the earthquake victims in Japan.

[Apr-07-2011]<From rain-cloud> Hi, every Cloud. This is Japanese master 'hina'.

For now, I am oberving this little problem, we will see.

It's so nice what the Clouds did for Japan and happy to hear from the Japanese Cloud Master. I am sure that the Japanese Clouds are very happy and touched by this concern.

Rain, manly, he could go to Air Force

*quoted image*

RAIN (Jeong Ji-hoon) spoke about his feelings about his movie "The Red Muffler - 2011" (directed by Kim Dong-weon).

On the 6th, Rain put up some pictures and wrote on his Twitter, "I enjoy filming. Fighter planes! I can't express the impression but I feel it's going to be the best Air Force movie...^^. I am excited. I introduce the F15. I will show you the set any chance I get. See you again!"

In the picture, he is wearing military with Boeing sunglasses, looking like a pilot. He also posed in another picture with Kim Sung-soo and they looked even better.

Netizens say, "I can't help looking at it because it's so good. Rain, fighting!", "I thought Rain would be awesome as an Air Force pilot or anything else relating to the military...stop being so awesome! It's hard to keep up!" and more.

Meanwhile, "The Red Muffler - 2011" is an action blockbuster of the Korean Air Force fighters who struggle to keep the skies safe and about their lives. The cast includes, Rain, Kim Sung-soo, Sin Se-kyeong, Yoo Joon-sang, Lee Ha-na, Lee Jong-suk and more.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Yes, very very manly!! He proved that he looks good in everything. And I can't wait to have more picture of Rain for this movie.

For now, I am oberving this little problem, we will see.

It's so nice what the Clouds did for Japan and happy to hear from the Japanese Cloud Master. I am sure that the Japanese Clouds are very happy and touched by this concern.

bbly, I hope we overcome our slight problem here already.........Ye, it's amazing of them to be doing this. People all over the world are praying for Japan to overcome all the troubles caused by the earthquake, which occurred last March 11. However, awwww…..this is so sad - the troubles don't seem to end yet; the country was hit by another earthquake today. The results of those earthquakes are devastating. Please, let's support our brothers and sisters in Japan by donations, or simply by praying for them. Every little count! Japan, please don't give up... <_<

April 8, 2011

Korea's Top Agencies Combine Their Powers

The largest and most successful Korean entertainment agencies representing some of the most well-known faces in Asia are coming together to form the United Asia Management (UAM).

The companies KEYEAST, AME&T, Star J Entertainment, SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment have all made investments to create this inter-Asian branch of themselves. The six k-pop powerhouses all agreed that there was a need for a bigger system where companies can collaborate, cast, and exchange ideas and talents to target the entire Asian market. Thus UAM was born to become a player in the global industry, representing all of Asia.

The collaboration team will not only play the agency role, but also manage portrait rights and intellectual property rights regarding film, drama, video contents creation, celebrity online stores, etc.

UAM will officially start this mid-April, with an already impressive lineup of faces that it represents: Jang Dong-gun, Hyunbin, Shin Mina, Bae Yong-joon, Kim Hyun-joong, Choi Kang-hee, Lee Ji-a, Soo-ae, Kim Nam-gil, BoA, Lee Yeon-hee, Ara, Goo Hye-sun, Kang Hye-jung, Big Bang, Rain, 2PM, and miss A.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainment/enter_chart_detail.htm?No=14518

11-04-08 Rain pic (압구정 러블리 옆 가게 에서 나온 비. 그는 내 남자다..... )

ratoka 2011-04-08

rain-cloud.co.kr

압구정 러블리 옆 가게 에서 나온 비. 그는 내 남자다.....

SOURCE :

http://yfrog.com/h2p43qjj

rainnnn.jpg

11-04-08 Rain pic (압구정 러블리 옆 가게 에서 나온 비. 그는 내 남자다..... )

ratoka 2011-04-08

rain-cloud.co.kr

SOURCE :

http://yfrog.com/h2p43qjj

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting this photo. It says that he's in front of a shop in Apgujung-dong. :sweatingbullets:

[Apr-08-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain in front of a shop in Apgujung-dong.

(pls. refer to the picture posted above)

Rain who has come out of a shop called 'Lovely' next to ours in Apgujung-dong. He is my man...

Source : http://yfrog.com/h2p43qjj

Fanmade Wallpaper

by rainon 2011-04-08

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

anjjo, as I'm looking at this wallpaper you posted, I'm imagining RAIN in the military soon wearing such uniform, a real one. <_< Sigh........ He looks and sounds like he's amazing in the field....but I don't want & hope him to be assigned in that area. I know there's room to grow there but I'll feel happy that they let him serve in the sector where he feels comfortable the most. I wish it’s one of those celebrity desk job soldiers….. I'm sure he will serve his country well even in that position. I want him to be safer. I think this is a very smart decision. I do envy Hyun Bin that even he's inside now his fans still could hear news & see photos of him from time to time. I wish the media will also be on top of RAIN in this same manner when he’ll be away for his military service soon. And I hope MMA will also allow this & post some pictures of him in their blog. I know being inside is a private thing & you're supposed to be away from the public eye but wondering why is there constant updates on Hyun bin, huh? Not complaining since this kind of brings good publicity to the army and boosts morale. No offense meant also to those HB fans that could maybe read this here.....PEACE - I like your man, too - hehehe. :lol:

bbly, I hope we overcome our slight problem here already.........Ye, it's amazing of them to be doing this. People all over the world are praying for Japan to overcome all the troubles caused by the earthquake, which occurred last March 11. However, awwww…..this is so sad - the troubles don't seem to end yet; the country was hit by another earthquake today. The results of those earthquakes are devastating. Please, let's support our brothers and sisters in Japan by donations, or simply by praying for them. Every little count! Japan, please don't give up... <_<

I read that too and I feel so bad that this country was hit again by an earthquake. And there is still the danger because of the nuclear power plant.

anjjo, thanks for posting this photo. It says that he's in front of a shop in Apgujung-dong. :sweatingbullets:

[Apr-08-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain in front of a shop in Apgujung-dong.

(pls. refer to the picture posted above)

Rain who has come out of a shop called 'Lovely' next to ours in Apgujung-dong. He is my man...

Source : http://yfrog.com/h2p43qjj

anjjo, as I'm looking at this wallpaper you posted, I'm imagining RAIN in the military soon wearing such uniform, a real one. <_< Sigh........ He looks and sounds like he's amazing in the field....but I don't want & hope him to be assigned in that area. I know there's room to grow there but I'll feel happy that they let him serve in the sector where he feels comfortable the most. I wish it’s one of those celebrity desk job soldiers….. I'm sure he will serve his country well even in that position. I want him to be safer. I think this is a very smart decision. I do envy Hyun Bin that even he's inside now his fans still could hear news & see photos of him from time to time. I wish the media will also be on top of RAIN in this same manner when he’ll be away for his military service soon. And I hope MMA will also allow this & post some pictures of him in their blog. I know being inside is a private thing & you're supposed to be away from the public eye but wondering why is there constant updates on Hyun bin, huh? Not complaining since this kind of brings good publicity to the army and boosts morale. No offense meant also to those HB fans that could maybe read this here.....PEACE - I like your man, too - hehehe. :lol:

I wonder what this shope "Lovely" is. Sounds quite interesting. :P

Dear, it is normal that HB gets so much coverage. Just before he entered he had a successful drama, he and HJW are the new dream couple, so naturally the media is very interested in him and for his every step.

Just imagine Rain had entered MS right after FH - that would have been crazy!!! :wacko:

Stars to unite for new global management

1104091603(2).jpg

By Chung Ah-young

Hallyu stars will join forces to establish a collaborative agency to target the Asian market.

Keyeast, Bae Yong-joon’s management agency, said Friday that six management agencies, AM Ent, Star J, SM, YG, JYP and Keyeast, will combine to launch UAM (United Asia Management) this month.

The six agencies manage stars such as Joo Ji-hun, Choi Gang-hee, Jang Dong-gun, Hyun Bin, Shin Min-a, Su Ae, BoA, Big Bang, Rain, Wonder Girls, 2PM and miss A.

“UAM consisting of the six agencies is designed to meet the needs of an international agency to lay a foundation for the Asian Wave beyond the Korean Wave and to build networks as well as a casting system within Asia,”Keyeast said.

UAM will play the role of a global agency to manage the artists belonging to the six agencies, working to protect their rights, build a database system via online media and extend more content-based business related to films and dramas.

“The envisioned agency will maximize the business know-how and networks the six agencies have built up with the success of the Asian debuts so far through mutual trust and understanding,” Keyeast said.

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2011/04/139_84794.html

Rain currently leading the ‘TIME 100′ poll, faces stiff competition from Jay Chou

20110302_rain_1.jpg

Hallyu superstar Rain is currently leading the ‘TIME 100 poll for 2011‘. He’s already won the distinction back in 2007, beating out comedian Stephen Colbert, which incited Colbert to lead some hilarious dance-offs.

Rain is facing some stiff competition this year, as he’s being closely followed by Taiwanese singer/songwriter/director Jay Chou. Some other notables on the list include Susan Boyle, Julian Assange, the Fukushima Daiichi plant workers, and Wisconsin’s “Fab 14″ state senators.

This year’s vote closes on April 14th, so be sure to vote before then!

Source: Time 100 Poll 2011, allkpop

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2058044_2061021_2061023,00.html

[Apr-09-2011] Rain sues production 'D' for not having paid some of the total fees for his appearance in 'The Fugitive Plan B'

2011040911000428698_105859_0.jpg

On the 8th, singer Rain brought a suit against outsourcing drama production 'D' which hasn't yet paid 396 million won of the total fees for his appearance in KBS 2TV drama 'The Fugitive Plan B'.

According to Rain's agent, his side has pressed the production for the payment of its debt by certified mail, but it hasn't yet paid to him, so he has brought an action against it.

For a similar reason, last December, the production was sued by actress 'Lee Na Young' who Rain had played in the drama with.

Credit to Daily Economy http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?articleid=2011040911000428698&linkid=63&newssetid=487&from=rank

Brief translation by rain bird.

----------------------------------

Rain sues drama production company for unpaid wages from “Fugitive”

April 9, 2011

20110408-Bi-lawsuit-460x657.jpg

On April 8th, Rain reportedly filed a lawsuit against drama production company ‘D‘ for unpaid wages from his stint with KBS’s “Fugitive: Plan B“. The star alleges that the company owes him $396,000 USD for his work with the drama.

“My contract with the production company specifically stated that I was to receive $50,000 USD per episode for a total of 16 episodes and get paid the tax-added value later,” said Rain. “But I’ve only been paid my contract fee – $320,000 USD – and a second payment of the same amount. I was not paid the remaining $160,000 USD, as well as payments for the extra four episodes I appeared in, rounding out the total to $396,000 USD.”

Rain continued, “I was asked to appear for the extra episodes without getting paid first, but I didn’t want to disappoint the viewers by rejecting the offer. I agreed to the extra episodes and finished the finale. The very next day, I even received proof of payment from the company, but they did not keep their promise.”

Last December, co-star Lee Na Young also filed a lawsuit against the production company for not getting paid for her appearance in the first episode.

Source: Daum

Fr.:allkpop

Stars to unite for new global management

*quoted image*

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2011/04/139_84794.html

I wrote this actually yesterday, but think it was cut while posting. I don't get this uniting thing among the agencies. What purpose does it have? Have the agencies any importance left then? Sorry, just don't get the purpose of all this.

[Apr-09-2011] Rain sues production 'D' for not having paid some of the total fees for his appearance in 'The Fugitive Plan B'

----------------------------------

Rain sues drama production company for unpaid wages from “Fugitive”

April 9, 2011

This is not good! Rain has waited really now long enough and I wonder why they don't pay the actors their money. I am happy that it is not directly KBS but wondering if KBS could do something here in order to push the production company for the payments as well.

Time Magazine Says This Week’s Conversation Included RAIN

April 9, 2011

time-mag-cover-copy.jpg?w=202&h=262

by Terri, Managing Editor, Cloud USA

Well, well, well.

I was upstairs, where I was chillin’ with my family after my lunch break and watching a little television, when my dad suddenly pipes up from his recliner.

“Well, well. Lookie here,” he says. “Look who’s in our Time Magazine.”

I get up from the sofa to take the magazine from him as he taps his finger on a piece in Time Mag’s Inbox, on page 6. There, in the section called, The Conversation, which highlights a few of the magazine’s topics of the past week, is a brief mention of Time.com’s Online Poll and its current leader: Rain. They also include a photo of Rain flashing a peace sign, from the MTV Movie Awards:

time-the-conversation.jpg?w=497&h=385

The Inbox Image that grabbed my daddy’s attention:

time-inbox-with-rain.jpg?w=497&h=657

--------------------------------------

[Apr-10-2011]<Eng.trans> Y Star Star news_UAM to which Aisa's top stars including Rain belong, is established.

UAM (United Asia Management) has been set up jointly with funding from 6 domestic big management agents such as Kist, SM, JYP and so on where Aisa's top stars belong.

Based on Asia, UAM will play a role as a global agent for artists, managing the production of a business to create the content as well as the systems of online news sources about entertainers.

UAM will be established during April 2011 and will be composed of Asia's top stars such as actor 'Jang Dong Gun', actor 'Hyun Bin', singer 'Boa' and so on, including Rain.

Credit to ystarchannel1 @ youtube

Time Magazine Says This Week’s Conversation Included RAIN

April 9, 2011

*quoted image*

by Terri, Managing Editor, Cloud USA

Well, well, well.

I was upstairs, where I was chillin’ with my family after my lunch break and watching a little television, when my dad suddenly pipes up from his recliner.

“Well, well. Lookie here,” he says. “Look who’s in our Time Magazine.”

I get up from the sofa to take the magazine from him as he taps his finger on a piece in Time Mag’s Inbox, on page 6. There, in the section called, The Conversation, which highlights a few of the magazine’s topics of the past week, is a brief mention of Time.com’s Online Poll and its current leader: Rain. They also include a photo of Rain flashing a peace sign, from the MTV Movie Awards:

*quoted image*

The Inbox Image that grabbed my daddy’s attention:

*quoted image*

Ok, let me get this straight: this year, the winner of the poll will be included in the 100 most influential list of TIME? If that is true, that would be awesome. I admit, in the past years I lost a bit faith in this poll due to the hacking issues, but still I voted. This year again, I am voting. blush.gif

Ok, need to get ready to buy the April 22 issue of TIME. ;)