Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[04-04] 110403 Rain Red pepper pasta New CF gif

110403 Rain Red pepper pasta New CF gif

Credit : DC

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:ratoka@Rain Legend

------------------------------------

[new CF] Rain’s 15sec commercial spot for 해찬들 (Haechandle) airs on O’live TV.

April 3, 2011

Gochujang (red pepper paste) never looked so good.

Please enjoy this brand new CJ Foods CF for 해찬들 (Haechandle brand) Red Pepper Paste, that was spotted on the O’live channel today. Whoever came up with this vision to market this yummy cooking condiment was right on—Rain’s blinding white shirt, the smart cut of his deep brown hair, the bluest sky, greenest fields, and absolute reddest red peppers flow seamlessly into each other and raises interest and whets the appetite.

Can you tell we like this thing? Even though all he’s doing is trying to get the sun out of his eyes? Haha! ♥

(Waiting for the longer versions to be released!)

(credit: CJ Foods / source: DC Inside / courtesy of ratoka @YT)

Source/credit:cloudusa/Stephe

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing the clip of his latest CF. Nice & cool though we could only get to see him at the end. :sweatingbullets:

[Apr-03-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter.

profile_normal.jpg

@29rain Ji hoon jung

우연히 방을 정리하다 찾아낸 소중한 추억... 내 나이 16살 그 밑에는 "갈길이없다!! 오늘하루 최선을 다하자" 라고 써있다 어린나이에 참...독하고 불쌍하다http://twitpic.com/4gflyu

44 minutes ago via 파랑새 Favorite Retweet Reply

The precious memory in my writing at the age of 16 that I happened to find while I was tidying my room..

The writing says, "There is no way !! Let me try to do my best today."

I feel so sorry for what I was such a very determined type of person at an early age.

Credit to http://twitter.com/#!/29rain/statuses/54460799346937856

English translation by rain bird.

[Apr-04-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain to advertise the brand of a red pepper paste on TV.

My link

The field is carpeted with our Sun-Dried red peppers (Taeyangcho : 태양초) and rice which is grown and harvested well on sunny days.

Even both of 'sea salt' which is pure and glowing and 'lots of waiting' are included in 'Haechahndle' (해찬들: a red pepper paste brand)

It ('Haechahndle') includes nothing but 8 materials from nature.

On the timetable of nature.

'Haechahndle'

Credit DC @ http://gall.dcinside.com/list.ph ... 1&bbs=%E2%80%8B / ratoka @

I think it's weird that we don't have any official title yet. I hope too it won't be anyhting with "Red" in the name.

You might be right that this movie will be maybe in many aspects different than the original one.

About triangel-love-story in K-dramas and movies? No idea why they love to do this. :lol:

Regarding Rain's acting - 100% agreed with you! Regarding the success of the movie - I prepare myself for the worst (still having the bitter taste about Fugitive) and hope and pray that it will be a success and that people as you said it, no matter what age and gender, will love this movie. And most importantly, that Rain's acting will get him some good critics and praises.

bbly, ever since RAIN got into acting, he has been receiving good & bad publicity. But I'm sure the latter makes him a better actor. He’s a very versatile actor, always a joy to watch him. Like singing, he always does his BEST! That's why, I've never said to myself that I was expecting one hell of a performance better than the last one since I'm sure & know that his LAST is always the BEST one! :lol:

[02-Apr-11][MTV]MTV Style Headlines Of The Week: Katy Perry Turns Into An Alien, Britney Spears IS BACK, And More

*quoted image*

One of Katy Perry's looks from her 'E.T.' music video.

Photo: Courtesy of Katy Perry's Facebook.

*quoted image*

credit:as tagged

• This week Katy Perry TOTALLY stole the show us with her new, alienesque 'E.T.' video! We pulled out every single look from the out-of-this-world vid, interviewed Kabuki, the miracle makeup man behind her transformation, and when Katy called for fans to recreate her extraterrestrial looks, we spotlighted our favorites. Why? Because we love you.

• BRITNEY'S BACK! And she showed off her hot bod in bejeweled bodysuits as she performed back on the stage like the good old days. Plus, gurl was ROCKING some Dolce & Gabbana all over her Femme Fatale album artwork!

• Justin Bieber upgraded his bling and showed off his fandom at the same time when he switched out his dogtag necklace for a pendant of Stewie Griffin from Family Guy. All the while, his main lady Selena Gomez took Perez Hilton's Blue Ball Birthday Bash theme to heart and came out as queen of the Smurfs in her all-out blue ensemble.

• This season of Jersey Shore may be over, but that doesn't mean the casties are in hiding! Snooki stepped out in a homemade "Brunette Mafia" shirt that we're sure would be way easy to knock off.

• Kelis wore crazy front-less pants, Jena Malone showed us how to wear blue eyeshadow with class, style bloggers showed off their favorite animal prints, and we saw celebs sporting thick-strapped shoes all over the red carpet.

• Vanessa Hudgens played it casual cool in a few T-shirts, and we showed you where to snatch them up. Meanwhile, Jennifer Hudson glammed it up in gorgeous bracelets, which got us hunting for more animal-themed jewelry that's just as drool-worthy.

• We peeked across the pond to see what our favorite British babes were wearing! Alexa Chung, Sienna Miller, Adele, and more showed us what's what with their stylish selves.

• The black hearts that British singer/songwriter Kate Nash and "90210" actress Shenae Grimes recently rocked on their cute mugs grabbed our attention! Did you <3 or </3 it?

• Before peeking between the pages, a magazine's gotta catch your eye! We rounded up all our favorite cover girls on the latest issues of Glamour, Rolling Stone, ELLE and i-D. Some wore super cute getups, and others wore nothing at all!

• What were those hot dudes up to this week? Korean loverboy Rain showed off his glistening Hot Dude torso. Thanks to our moms' love of Criminal Minds, we finally discovered Mr. Hot Patootie Matthew Gray Gubler. Patrick Wolf proved that he is the ultimate boss of buttons. Oh yeah, and Ed Westwick looked super cute as he canoodled with a manfriend. Finally, Romeo picked daddy David Beckam's nose in public, but still managed to look hot. Plus, Moby and Marilyn Manson hugged it out while we captioned the pic!

Have a very stylish weekend!

SOURCE : http://style.mtv.com/2011/04/01/ ... tney-spears-is-back

credit:ratoka@RainLegend

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. I noticed that MTV always writes about him nowadays. I don’t really care what he does as long as I see his smile and hot body which is to die for… And I like those shoulders, huh not only the torso! :lol:

huff back after long hiatus...i hope we can hear more updates bout Rain new movie, & i've been worried bout his health, coz he must hold a tour, recording new album, & filming in a tight schedule..but as long he enjoy all that tight schedule that's ok 4 me :)

hope he still can attend his movie premiere be4 going for MS, maybe last public appearance TT

justblaqcloud, nice to see you back after quite a while - nice reading your post again. Like you, I'm hoping to hear more news about the movie as well. I hope when he comes back after his MS he'll choose a drama again for his 1st project. He should try comedy again or a rom-com just like FH. It’s interesting to see him go that kind of genre again. :lol:

[04-02] Rain Mentholatum CF picture in Beijing

credit as tagged //raincloudhk/rainstorm.exblog

2011-04-03

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting the photos. He truly deserves this CF in the CHINESE market! Wahhh…..... SO PROUD of him! His hard work is paying off even in China! I'm so curious why up to now we still haven't seen the video clip of this ad....When is it airing in China, huh? The materials had been launched already. My heart’s bursting with anticipation! I’m so dying to see him in this kind of ad, the cosmetic commercial. :lol:

[Apr-03-2011] Rain's old picture is released on Twitter with his posting, "I feel so sorry for what I was such a very determined type of person at an early age."

*quoted image*

Singer Rain's picture of the past has been opened to the public.

On his Twitter on April 3rd, Rain posted a picture of himself by saying, "The precious memory in my writing at the age of 16 that I happened to find while I was tidying my room..The writing says, 'There is no path !! Let me try to do my best today.' I feel so sorry for what I was such a very determined type of person at an early age."

This picture arouses netizens' interest because it shows Rain looking so young and fresh and cute while posing for a picture with his friend. They words of encouragement to Rain who strived for his dream of becoming a singer even at the age of 16.

There were their enthusiastic responses to the picture, "I really respect him. What did I do at that age?" "Thank you so much for showing us your old picture." “Please don't be so sad ..Your hard work of the past has made you who you are." "After hatching, you have finally replaced your profile picture!"

Meanwhile, Rain is gearing up to shoot movie 'Red Muffler' with actress 'Shin Se Kyung', 'Lee Jong Seok', 'Lee Ha Na', 'Kim Sung Soo'.

Credit to Korean Economy http://news.nate.com/view/20110403n10330

anjjo, to compare his looks then & now, there’s nothing unusual. The face is still the same - maybe the nose bridge got a little tip since we knew that he underwent a surgery before to correct the nose bridge for his breathing due to an accident he had way back then. Everything are still the same - the eyes (he's just opening his eyes really wide here) & the big ears..... It’s just that his face seems has more meat though now. If he had a plastic surgery of his eyes back then, I really don’t care – RAIN will always be the same to me EXCEPT when he'll have facial hair in the future. I just can't imagine him having facial hair, of course, stubbles are just sexy in my eyes, which we usually see in him. :lol::sweatingbullets:

03.31.11 [iNFO] 2010 South Korea抯 Best Eye-Smile Ranking

*quoted image*

1. FT ISLAND Lee HongKi 5.9% (3,760 votes)

2. 2PM Nichkhun 5.7% (3,623 votes)

3. Super Junior DongHae 4.8% (3,097 votes)

4. CN BLUE Jung Yong Hwa 4.7% (3,010 votes)

5. Super Junior Leeteuk 4.6% (2,937 votes)

6. Jang Geun Suk 4% (2,535 votes)

7. Super Junior Lee Sung Min 3.5% (2,257 votes)

8. SS501 Kim Hyun Joong 3.2% (2,072 votes)

9. SHINee Onew 3.2% (2,038 votes)

10. Big Bang G-Dragon 3.2% (2,049 votes)

11. Super Junior Kibum 2.9% (1,839 votes)

12. Kibum 2.8% (1,827 votes)**

13. Big Bang Taeyang 2.5% (1,602 votes)

14. CNBLUE Kang MinHyuk 2.5% (1,629 votes)

15. SHINee Taemin 2.5% (1,606 votes)

16. 2AM Jinwoon 2.4% (1,528 votes)

17. Super Junior Kangin 2.3% (1,459 votes)

18. 2AM JoKwon *% (1,387 votes)

19. Big Bang Daesang *% (1,431 votes)

20. 2PM Junho 2% (1,257 votes)

21. FT ISLAND Choi Min Hwan 2% (1,307 votes)

22. BEAST Kikwang 1.9% (1,215 votes)

23. BEAST Yoseop 1.9% (1,216 votes)

24. Rain 1.9% (1,197 votes)

Source/credit:sixtofive1982/jax625

anjjo, 24th spot? It's fine......."Best Eye-Smile" doesn't mean you're popular, it doesn't mean you have talent, it doesn't mean you're brilliant. Popularity, talent & being smart rarely go together. But in his case, he has all these! It is the "charisma" that is in him that attracted all his fans, the wittiness when he speaks & not just his "eyes" & "smiles" - I love his total personality, it’s just as simple as that. :lol:

anjjo, to compare his looks then & now, there’s nothing unusual. The face is still the same - maybe the nose bridge got a little tip since we knew that he underwent a surgery before to correct the nose bridge for his breathing due to an accident he had way back then. Everything are still the same - the eyes (he's just opening his eyes really wide here) & the big ears..... It’s just that his face seems has more meat though now. If he had a plastic surgery of his eyes back then, I really don’t care – RAIN will always be the same to me EXCEPT when he'll have facial hair in the future. I just can't imagine him having facial hair, of course, stubbles are just sexy in my eyes, which we usually see in him. :lol::sweatingbullets:

willenette, here's a collage when he was young for more comparison. :D

15fb2b40989eb21e9eb4f687dcc60063.jpg

Source:/blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2

[Apr-03-2011] <Eng.trans> What has Rain recently done ? (from a Twitter account)

비느님 대구 양포수산 다녀가셨데요. 대게하고 독도새우 드시고 가셨다고 하네요.

그리고 몇칠 있다 다시 오신다고 하셨다니 또 가실 듯 ㅋㅋ 아마 어제인 듯

According to sources, Rain had big crabs and prawns at a restaurant, the name of which is 'Yahng Po', specializing in seafood in Daegu region, and he added he would come again soon. To judge from what he said, I think he'll go there again..keke. That seems to be what happened yesterday..(April 2, 2011)

** His movie 'Red Muffler' has been filmed on location in Daegu region.

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296109&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird

----------------------------------------------

[Apr-03-2011] Rain's old picture is released on Twitter with his posting, "I feel so sorry for what I was such a very determined type of person at an early age."

*quoted image*

Singer Rain's picture of the past has been opened to the public.

On his Twitter on April 3rd, Rain posted a picture of himself by saying, "The precious memory in my writing at the age of 16 that I happened to find while I was tidying my room..The writing says, 'There is no path !! Let me try to do my best today.' I feel so sorry for what I was such a very determined type of person at an early age."

This picture arouses netizens' interest because it shows Rain looking so young and fresh and cute while posing for a picture with his friend. They words of encouragement to Rain who strived for his dream of becoming a singer even at the age of 16.

There were their enthusiastic responses to the picture, "I really respect him. What did I do at that age?" "Thank you so much for showing us your old picture." “Please don't be so sad ..Your hard work of the past has made you who you are." "After hatching, you have finally replaced your profile picture!"

Meanwhile, Rain is gearing up to shoot movie 'Red Muffler' with actress 'Shin Se Kyung', 'Lee Jong Seok', 'Lee Ha Na', 'Kim Sung Soo'.

Credit to Korean Economy http://news.nate.com/view/20110403n10330

anjjo, RAIN has given us again an update on his recent life, posting a comment on his official Twitter account. He also shared an image of himself posing with his friend dating back nearly twelve years ago. He looked fresh, as compared to his cool, powerful image he is known for. His hard work in the past has made him who he is. :lol:

*quoted image*

anjjo, thanks for posting this collage - nice & cool! He looks to be so cheerful when he was young. Take a look at his face - he was smiling all the time. Even his eyes were smiling, it was glowing. :lol:

[04-04] 110403 Rain Red pepper pasta New CF gif

110403 Rain Red pepper pasta New CF gif

Credit : DC

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:ratoka@Rain Legend

This is truly cute! :wub:

Thank you for sharing anjjo!

bbly, ever since RAIN got into acting, he has been receiving good & bad publicity. But I'm sure the latter makes him a better actor. He’s a very versatile actor, always a joy to watch him. Like singing, he always does his BEST! That's why, I've never said to myself that I was expecting one hell of a performance better than the last one since I'm sure & know that his LAST is always the BEST one! :lol:

I couldn't have said it better! When you think you got the BEST with Rain and from Rain, he will top it with his next project.

But I am worried about him lately. I remember his happiness at Adieu Concert and how impatient he was that he is 30 now (all just a show? :huh: ) and that he will live more for himself. Then the beginning of 2011 was rather silent around him. But lately when I see him, I feel a strang fatigue in him. And it is not even physical I think as he isn't working that much (at least from what we see) like the last past years, I am worried that it is more an emotional fatigue. I noticed it especially at Beijing, he wasn't quite himself, even when he smiled all cutely :( . Who knows what is on his mind and what there is that we haven't have even the slightest idea. Look at his schedule now, trying to squeeze in so much. You wonder if he is worried after all because of MS and for his future after MS. :unsure:

*quoted image*

So cute, so adorable! But he has the same grin/smile on every picture. He was hiding his teeth a lot back then. :P

I couldn't have said it better! When you think you got the BEST with Rain and from Rain, he will top it with his next project.

But I am worried about him lately. I remember his happiness at Adieu Concert and how impatient he was that he is 30 now (all just a show? :huh: ) and that he will live more for himself. Then the beginning of 2011 was rather silent around him. But lately when I see him, I feel a strang fatigue in him. And it is not even physical I think as he isn't working that much (at least from what we see) like the last past years, I am worried that it is more an emotional fatigue. I noticed it especially at Beijing, he wasn't quite himself, even when he smiled all cutely :( . Who knows what is on his mind and what there is that we haven't have even the slightest idea. Look at his schedule now, trying to squeeze in so much. You wonder if he is worried after all because of MS and for his future after MS. :unsure:

So cute, so adorable! But he has the same grin/smile on every picture. He was hiding his teeth a lot back then. :P

Hi bbly, I think what you noticed about in him lately is part of his entering the MS soon. Maybe you're right that at the moment he has so many things in his mind.....Who wouldn't get worried - all stars who are enlisted especially those who are popular surely have this kind of feeling : what's my future after discharge? Will my fame still the same after coming back? Will my fans still be there to welcome & support me all the way just like before? 2-years of being away from the limelight could make so much difference. <_<

[Apr-05-2011] [Vote] Rain 2011 Time 100

http://www.time.com/time/special ... 338_2060247,00.html

singer_rain.jpg

Rain

Previous TIME 100 appearances: 1

This South Korean sensation has been making waves in his native country for years, but his catchy beats and hot dance moves have made his popularity soar internationally. Who can forget that dance-off with Stephen Colbert, or his parts in the movies Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin? His army of fans helped him stay on top of this poll last year; let's see if there's still enough love to keep him on top today.

More details: http://www.time.com/time/special ... html #ixzz1IZPk1QTk

bbly, hmmm…..LITS/RS sounds like a really good movie with depth. Can't wait till it comes out mainly because RAIN & KSS are in it. Both are really great actors & I’m sure SSK will do great as well! I hope we could get to see some still cuts from the film..... :lol:

[Apr-05-2011] [Vote] Rain 2011 Time 100

http://www.time.com/time/special ... 338_2060247,00.html

*quoted image*

Rain

Previous TIME 100 appearances: 1

This South Korean sensation has been making waves in his native country for years, but his catchy beats and hot dance moves have made his popularity soar internationally. Who can forget that dance-off with Stephen Colbert, or his parts in the movies Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin? His army of fans helped him stay on top of this poll last year; let's see if there's still enough love to keep him on top today.

More details: http://www.time.com/time/special ... html #ixzz1IZPk1QTk

More on this -

Vote for Rain in the 2011 Time 100 poll!

Apr 04 2011

04fefac3f4081989d57d12d232de73b5.jpg

The time has come again for K-Pop fans to come together for the sake of their favorite stars. Time Magazine is now taking votes for the most influential people of 2011. The 203 nominees for this year's top 100 list internationally known icons, either for being leaders, artists, entertainers, and more.

International star Rain has made one previous appearance on the Time 100 list. This year, Rain is back as a nominee. As a pop star at 28 years old, Rain has made waves through out not only Korea, but also around the world. Rain has acted in "Speed Racer" and "Ninja Assassin". He also appeared on television in the United States and had a dance-off with Stephen Colbert.

As of right now, Rain currently holds the number 4 spot on the poll results list. Check out the top ten from Time Magazine's 2011 Top 100 poll. Don't forget to cast your vote for Rain here!

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2058044_2060338_2060247,00.html?xid=tweet-time100

chartve.png

Do you think Rain can make it to the top of the list this year?

Source: Time Magazine

Fr.:koreaboo.com/

Thanks anjjo for sharing the CF picture. I wish that we would see some more pictures or even a CF, was hoping a bit for more here.

So Rain is shooting his movie after all and he seems to be in Daegu.

bbly, about Mentholatum, I noticed that we seem to see only 1-kind of picture from this CF, huh ever since he did this print ad. Like you, I wish as well to see more pictures & can't wait to see the video clip of the ad. I wonder how the ad will turn out. About the tweet, what I understood from what's written is he came back there to eat - & the filming mentioned took place before & not during that day itself. Remember Daegu was the 1st location shoot of the movie? Anyway, whatever - I stand corrected - I hope this won’t be a sad ending but a happy-one. I hope also RAIN & SSK will make the most perfect couple on-screen only for the movie - hehehe. In short, I hope we could get to feel the good chemistry between the two - :lol:

RAIN, Sharing the Photo of his Past, "Dogged and Piteous"

2011040322482413307_1.jpg?time=133558

World star Rain (Jung Ji Hoon, 30) reminisces about the past with sharing his photo from 14 years ago.

He shares a pictures of 16 years old Rain. He was a trainee at that time.

He adds with the pictures, “Cleaning the room, I found my precious memories… I was 16 years old. I wrote ‘No way to go!! I have to do my best every single day’ I was dogged and piteous though I was young”

He was famous for perfectionist in training days. Songwriter Bang Shi Hyuck who is a mentor in MBC audition program ‘The Great Birth’ said, “He had something scared. I expected his big growth after training.”

2011040322482413307_2.jpg?time=133558

Netizens who saw his pictures said, “He was very thoughtful though he was young T.T It drew him a great man,” “His eyes are pretty,” “Due to his past, fans could see you now^-^ We always cheer for you~”

Source Via : Star News, askActor

[Apr-05-2011] Rain maintains first place in the voting for The 2011 Time 100 just now.

Rain is maintaining first place in the online voting for The 2011 TIME 100.

12,456 and 1,461 from among 13,917 voters who have took part in the poll, have answered, Rain is "Influential" and "Not Influential", respectively.

203 people selected from all over the world have made it to the final round.

The voting period is due to close on 14 April, 2011.

* The ranking has changed in the meantime, so the original article has been modified arbitrarily.

Source : http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2058044_2061021_2061023,00.html

Star News http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002075670

Brief translation by rain bird.

CNN World Global Public Square

4/4/2011 —

rain-south-korea.jpg

Singer Rain of South Korea performs during the Closing Ceremony at Haixinsha Square on day fifteen of the 16th Asian Games.

Over at TIME.com, you can vote for who you think should be included among TIME's 100 most influential people in the world. The winner of the online poll will be included in the TIME 100. Voting closes on April 14.

Right now, the following world figures are in the lead:

Rain: This South Korean sensation has been making waves in his native country for years, but his catchy beats and hot dance moves have made his popularity soar internationally. Who can forget that dance-off with Stephen Colbert, or his parts in the movies Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin?

Fukushima Power Plant Workers: Since a 9.0-magnitude earthquake struck off the east coast of Japan on March 11, the world has lauded Japanese citizens for their stalwart demeanor in the face of an unprecedented triptych of deadly disasters. But few have inspired more respect than the workers at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

Mohamed Bouazizi: Bouazizi was literally the spark that set off the revolutions of the Arab Spring. The sole support for his mother and his seven siblings, he was humiliated and abused by a policewoman in the Tunisian town of Sidi Bouzid. She confiscated the fruit and vegetable cart with which he made his living. Bouazizi set himself on fire in front of the local government building. Fatally burned, he lingered for more than two weeks even as immense popular anger grew around Tunisia, fed by Facebook and other social media. When Bouazizi died, the authoritarian government of President Zine el Abidine Ben Ali would find itself with just 10 days to survive as the first of the revolutions to convulse the region sent the dictator fleeing.

Source:http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/04/times-100-most-influential-people/

credit:cloudusa

*quoted image*

anjjo, can't get enough of this collage you posted..... The picture of Rain here is when he was active in a group called "Fan Club". He was famous for being perfectionist even during his training days based on what he wrote. :lol:

I tried to go to Rain's twitter, but there seems a problem: the site doesn't load. :unsure: I hope this is due to my server and not something wrong with his twitter account.

Hi bbly, I think what you noticed about in him lately is part of his entering the MS soon. Maybe you're right that at the moment he has so many things in his mind.....Who wouldn't get worried - all stars who are enlisted especially those who are popular surely have this kind of feeling : what's my future after discharge? Will my fame still the same after coming back? Will my fans still be there to welcome & support me all the way just like before? 2-years of being away from the limelight could make so much difference. <_<

bbly, hmmm…..LITS/RS sounds like a really good movie with depth. Can't wait till it comes out mainly because RAIN & KSS are in it. Both are really great actors & I’m sure SSK will do great as well! I hope we could get to see some still cuts from the film..... :lol:

Maybe that is really the case: he is only human and for sure worried and nervous of the future now with the MS which is coming closer and closer. I hope everything will be ok and that he leaves with his head held high and when he comes back, we will still be there for him.

Really? I don't think or at least I believe that LITS/RS won't be a film with depth. It will be an action movie, having a romance story going on as well. But whatever it is, I am sure I will love Rain and his character.

bbly, about Mentholatum, I noticed that we seem to see only 1-kind of picture from this CF, huh ever since he did this print ad. Like you, I wish as well to see more pictures & can't wait to see the video clip of the ad. I wonder how the ad will turn out. About the tweet, what I understood from what's written is he came back there to eat - & the filming mentioned took place before & not during that day itself. Remember Daegu was the 1st location shoot of the movie? Anyway, whatever - I stand corrected - I hope this won’t be a sad ending but a happy-one. I hope also RAIN & SSK will make the most perfect couple on-screen only for the movie - hehehe. In short, I hope we could get to feel the good chemistry between the two - :lol:

It is really a shame that Mentholatum doesn't show more material that they for sure have of Rain.

Sad ending? I hope not! I don't want Rain's last acting project before MS to have a sad ending, please. :(

Perfect couple with SSK? I won't comment on that my dear and you know why. :P

[Eng Trans]11-04-05 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

110406021040ec782a23a7ab22.png

These are the pictures that Rain tweeted.

[pic]11-04-05 Rain Red Muffler new pics

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

source : 29rain @ twitter]

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

I tried to go to Rain's twitter, but there seems a problem: the site doesn't load. :unsure: I hope this is due to my server and not something wrong with his twitter account.

Maybe that is really the case: he is only human and for sure worried and nervous of the future now with the MS which is coming closer and closer. I hope everything will be ok and that he leaves with his head held high and when he comes back, we will still be there for him.

Really? I don't think or at least I believe that LITS/RS won't be a film with depth. It will be an action movie, having a romance story going on as well. But whatever it is, I am sure I will love Rain and his character.

It is really a shame that Mentholatum doesn't show more material that they for sure have of Rain.

Sad ending? I hope not! I don't want Rain's last acting project before MS to have a sad ending, please. :(

Perfect couple with SSK? I won't comment on that my dear and you know why. :P

bbly, I don't think there's something wrong with RAIN's twitter account....He tweeted again, right? I feel happy reading it. :lol:

[Eng Trans]11-04-05 Rain @ twitter

ratoka 2011-04-06

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting these still cuts from the movie. I feel happy that finally....we saw some of the photos already. I hope as I've said we could get to see more soon. :sweatingbullets:

[Apr-05-2011]<Eng.trans> I get Rain's autograph at Daegu Airport today.

Picture1.jpg

비봣음..................오늘도 대구공항에서

촬영차잇길래 ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

기다리는데 한 3시간?뒤에 이종석이나와서

담배피고 다시들어감 근데 나중에 또 다시나와서

우리한테 싸인해줌 ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

그리고 이종석이랑 얘기하다가

이종석 가고 김성수 아저씨가나옴

그래서 싸인받는데 내친구가소리지르는거임

보니까 비느님이 매니저랑 지나가고있음 ㅜㅜ

그래서 막 오빠 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꺅꺅꺅ㄲ꺅

ㄱ이러면서달려가서 오빠 저구름임!!!!!!!!!!

이카니까 비가 알앗성알앗성~이러면서 웃고 ㅎㅎ

그래서내가 사진찍을려고하니까 매니저가 막고 ㅡㅡ

그러고 오빠 저 사랑한다고적어주세요카니까

가민아 사랑한다 라고적어줬음 ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

진짜 대박잘생김 ...아미치겟다 비 보자마자 울엇음 ㅜㅜㅜ

Saw Rain at Daegu Airport today. He was there to film a movie.

After about three hours of waiting, actor 'Lee Jong Seok' came out and smoke, and then entered the set again. But he came out again and signed autographs for us.

'Lee Jong Seok' left while talking to us, and then actor 'Kim Sung Soo' came out and signed autographs for us. Just then, my friend screamed, seeing both Rain and his manager walking by.

When I ran forward to welcome Rain and told him, "Oppa! I'm a Cloud fan !", he said to me with a laugh, "Okay, okay.." But his manager didn't allow me to take a picture of him.

I asked Rain to sign his autograph for me by saying, "Oppa, would you please write down your words 'Gamin, I love you' for me?" So he wrote the words for me, "Gamin, I love you'.

He was so good looking..I was absolutely nuts about him, so I cried as soon as I saw him.

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296289&page=1&bbs=

[Apr-05-2011] Rain has been nominated as one of the Time 100 for the sixth year in a row.

PP11022800136.JPG

Singer and actor Rain has been nominated as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine for the sixth year in a row.

Rain is maintaining first place in the voting for the Time 100, surpassing pop star Lady Gaga and so on as of April 5.

An overwhelming majority have voted for Rain, and he received ardent support from the voters, getting 22,167 votes until 5pm. Chris Colfer (14,002 votes) ( who ranks number two) was defeated by his rival candidate Rain by a margin of about more than 8,000 votes.

There are 203 finalist competitors from all over the world, and this voting period is due to close 14 April.

Meanwhile, Rain's name has been listed among the candidates for six consecutive years since 2006, which has special meaning to him.

In 2006, Time magazine chose Rain as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

He wasn't selected as one of the Time 100 in 2007~2010, but he ranked first or second, being nominated as a candidate for it, which became the talk of the town.

Credit to SPN http://news.nate.com/view/20110405n22821

Forbes Magazine Asia mixes up Kang Hodong and Rain in their April Issue

Apr 05 2011

ce5ba908f3d10ff10cbb2f98cdb62dda.jpg

A recent mix up between Kang Hodong and Rain has been receiving a lot of attention online. On the 5th of April, a recent uploaded scan from the April Issue of Forbes Magazine Asia caught a lot of attention after they have mistakenly placed a caption of "Kang Hodong" under Rain’s photo.

The article which features this year’s “Korean Star Power Ranking” has made a list of the Top 40 Korean Celebrities after looking through their influence on advertisements, internet searches, and image profitability.

Korean news media sources defended Forbes Asia by stating that the mistake was an indication that the leaders in the Korean Wave are not that well known as they have predicted to be.

Biases and differences aside, what do you think of Forbes Asia’s mistake?

308grw8.jpg

Source:koreaboo.com

[Apr-06-2011] Rain's transformation into an Air Force pilot is opened to the public.

201104060917401128_1.jpg

Singer and actor Rain has opened the Red Muffler shooting to the public.

Rain said a few words about filming the movie through his Twitter on the 6th, "It's very fun to film my movie these days..Fighter plane !! Filming a fighter plane movie is a great enjoyment to me for words, but I think it'll be the best movie ever.. This is my first excitement for a long time."

Following, he revealed himself up on the plane by saying, "Let me introduce my F15K to you, the name of which is 'Red Muffler' " The picture shows Rain wearing a pilot suit, sunglasses, and a combat flying wing cap.

Rain has been filming 'Red Muffler (working title) with actress 'Shin Se Kyung'.

Credit to My Daily http://news.nate.com/view/20110406n05114

Rain, 2nd out of 100 in American Times online vote

tn_1301973963_1872191313_0.jpg

World star Rain is running second place in the weekly news magazine Times' "2011 Time 100" online vote.

According to the Times on the 5th, in the online vote of "The 100 Most Influential People" (aka Times 100), Rain is running second in place right after Chris Colfer from American drama "Glee". Among the 10,280 that voted, 9248 voted he was influential and 1032 voted he wasn't.

Out of 11,515 that voted online for Chris Colfer, 10,342 voted influential and 1172 that he wasn't.

In third place is Lady Gaga, in fourth place are the workers at the plant in Fukusima, in fifth place is Beyonce, sixth place is Michelle Obama, seventh place is Wael Ghanim, ninth place is Mark Zuckerberg and in tenth place is Mohamed Elbaradei (the previous secretary general of the International Atomic Energy Agency).

With 203 people as candidates, '2011 Times 100' online vote will continue until the 14th.

Meanwhile, last year figure skating queen Kim Yu-na was included in the final "Times 100" after coming 3rd in place in the "Times 100" online vote. Rain, who had followed right behind her in 4th place online, failed to be included in the actual "Times 100".

"Times 100" is voting for the 100 most influential in the world in categories like 'Leaders, Heroes, Artists, Thinkers' and more every year. The participation of netizens make up this vote and is different from "Times 100" online votes.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

[Apr-05-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter.

ㅋㅋㅋ아 F15K를 궁금해하시는 분이 많네여 그것은 영화에서~공개한다는 뜻 ^^ 사진에 있는건 그냥 다른기종으로 훈련받을때 찍은거랍니다~~ 모두 즐~건 하루 보내세영^^

Kekeke.. Ah, I think many people are curious about F15K..

The meaning of what I said is to release its pictures through the movie^^

The fighter plane in the picture taken during a training exercise is just a different type from F15K...

Hope all of you to have a good day^^

Credit to https://twitter.com/#!/29rain

[Apr-05-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter.

ㅋㅋㅋ아 F15K를 궁금해하시는 분이 많네여 그것은 영화에서~공개한다는 뜻 ^^ 사진에 있는건 그냥 다른기종으로 훈련받을때 찍은거랍니다~~ 모두 즐~건 하루 보내세영^^

Kekeke.. Ah, I think many people are curious about F15K..

The meaning of what I said is to release its pictures through the movie^^

The fighter plane in the picture taken during a training exercise is just a different type from F15K...

Hope all of you to have a good day^^

Credit to https://twitter.com/#!/29rain

anjjo, thanks for posting this. So, what we saw in the picture is not the F15K plane, which he's going to use in the movie. Wahhh.......the more that I'm curious & excited to see the movie so to see this kind of plane as well. I noticed that RAIN has so much time now, huh? Always in front of his laptop to tweet - hehehe, not that I'm complaining - I love & enjoy it! I hope he'll always do this that even he's busy filming or doing something he still has time to tweet for us. :lol:

[Apr-06-2011] <Info> We Cloud need to file a strong protest with SBS TV's Morning News report about Rain which has turned out to be false.

프로그램 : 오늘아침 SBS 연예뉴스

잘못 보도된 내용 - 비느 타임 100 6년 연속 후보 선정된 소식 알리면서 한번도 선정된 적이 없다고 보도함.

정정해야할 내용 - 실제 2006년 타임 100에 선정.

SBS 뉴스에 보도됨.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LPOD&mid=tvh&oid=055&aid=0000069470

실제 8시 메인뉴스에 스튜디오까지 나가서 인터뷰 함.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296361&page=1&bbs=

전화는 시청자 상담실 02)2113-5000(상담원0번)

열린 티브이 시청자 게시판... http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template/contents/tpl_iframetype.jsp?vVodId=V0000010105&vProgId=1000046&vMenuId=1000746

sbs 트위터는 http://twitter.com/#!/SBSNOW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SBS TV's Morning News gave a false report this morning (April 6, 2011) as follows.

"Rain has been nominated as a candidate for the Time 100 poll for the sixth year in a row, but he has never been picked as TIME's top 100 most influential entertainers in the world."

But SBS TV had actually reported that Rain was picked as TIME's top 100 most influential entertainers in the world, even interviewing him on its 9 o'clock news for 30 April 2006.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LPOD&mid=tvh&oid=055&aid=0000069470

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296361&page=1&bbs=

Please request a revised report in its board.

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template/contents/tpl_iframetype.jsp?vVodId=V0000010105&vProgId=1000046&vMenuId=1000746

SBS TV Twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/SBSNOW

To speak to a service associate : 02) 2113-5000 (Switchboard : 0)

Source : DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296366&page=1&bbs=

[Ape-06-2011] The 2011 Time 100: Who's On the List?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/entertainment/celebrity/The-2011-Time-100-Whos-On-the-List-119199169.html

Monday, Apr 4, 2011 | Updated 3:14 PM EDT

The year 2011 may only be a few months old, but Time magazine has already listed out their candidates for its most influential people.

Online voting - which kicked off today and ends April 14th - features not-at-all surprising names like Charlie Sheen, Kanye West, Gabrielle Giffords, Barack Obama, Glenn Beck, Snooki, and Betty White.

The poll started on a hopeful (and celebrity- and politics-free) note - Leading the pack early were the Fukushima Power Plant Workers, who are risking their lives daily to save Japan from nuclear meltdown.

However, within a few minutes, they were overtaken by Korean pop star Rain. Sigh.

We're sure Stephen Colbert (currently #21) will have a lot to say about this outrage.

(Once again, voting goes on until April 14th. Go to Time.com to have your say.)

[Apr-06-2011] Bligh beating Bieber in influence poll

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/bligh-beating-bieber-in-influence-poll-20110405-1d2tb.html

Daniel Hurst

April 6, 2011 - 3:00AM

Anna Bligh is currently ranked higher than Justin Bieber on Time Magazine's latest online poll on the world's most influential people.

But another Queenslander leads them both.

As the only Australian political leader on the publicly voted list, the Queensland Premier has notched up a higher score than UK Prime Minister David Cameron and US Afghanistan mission commander David Petraeus.

Also in her wake last night were Ricky Gervais, Sarah Palin and Charlie Sheen, but fellow Queenslander Julian Assange was well ahead of Ms Bligh, with the Townsville-raised WikiLeaks founder surging to fourth position.

Time only opened voting on Monday so the positions are likely to change by the time the poll closes on Thursday next week.

But of the 203 people on the voting shortlist, Ms Bligh was last night ranked in 49th place, with 590 'influential' and 174 'not influential' votes.

That put her ahead of teen pop sensation Bieber (who was ranked 71st in early voting), comedian Gervais (86th), possible US presidential hopeful Palin (193rd) and bad boy actor Sheen (198th).

Ms Bligh was last night trailing the unquestionably influential TV star Oprah Winfrey (42nd), US President Barack Obama (27th) and US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (25th).

South Korean pop star Rain was at the top of the list thanks to support from his online army of fans.

The entry on Ms Bligh says she was the first female premier to be elected premier of an Australian state and notes she led the state through a summer of major flood and cyclone disasters.

“But there were few casualties during the crises and her handling of public duties, keeping people informed and calm while rallying the rest of Australia to help out, was widely admired,” says the summary, written by Time staff.

Readers have been asked to cast their votes on the “leaders, artists, innovators, icons and heroes” who are the most influential people in the world.

The winner will be included in the TIME 100 list.

Australian pop culture news site Pedestrian.TV yesterday encouraged its readers to vote for Ms Bligh, while a number of Twitter users have done the same.

A spokesman for Ms Bligh declined to comment.

It's not the first time an Australian political leader has attracted attention on an unscientific global poll.

Ms Bligh's political nemesis, former Brisbane Lord Mayor Campbell Newman, was last year voted the fifth best local government leader in the World Mayor online poll.

The Queensland opposition last month accused Ms Bligh of being publicity-hungry, targeting her for participating in a photo shoot with The Australian Women's Weekly days after Cyclone Yasi crossed the north Queensland coast.

But Ms Bligh insisted she simply wanted to keep the focus on Queensland in the wake of the disasters.

ratoka 2011-04-06

rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

anjjo, RAIN looks gorgeous with that AF uniform. Just drool me a bucket upon looking at them. So excited that I forgot to breathe - hehehe! The more that can't wait for this one! :sweatingbullets:

[06-Apr-11][kpoplive]Rain Tweets Photos From New Movie ‘Red Muffler’

a1%283%29.jpg

Rain tweeted two photos of him in the smart pilot uniform from his new movie The Red Muffler at 2.10am KST on April 6 from his Twitter account.

Rain will be playing a F-15k fighter jet pilot, Jung Taehoon, in the movie alongside Shin Sekyung, Kim Sungsoo, Lee Hana and Lee Jongsuk. For the movie, he also underwent training from the Air Force Aviation Center before the filming started.

Impressively, he has also managed to pass the training program, 9G acceleration drill, which even most pilots have difficulty with.

The high-budget movie is filmed in Seosan, Choongchungnamdo, where Rain spent his early childhood days and the movie is set for release in November 2011.

Stay tuned for the latest Kpop news of your favorite stars!

Source: 29rain@twitter.com, Newsen

Written by: yegrina@kpoplive.com

-------------------------------------------

Rain Reveals 'Red Muffler' Pictures

2011-04-06

6652-0j1vhueixd.jpg

Rain is filming his next movie 'Red Muffler' and showed a few pictures of him at the set.

On the pictures he is wearing a military uniform and also boarding a F-15K Strike Fighter

He also shared the following message with the photos:

Since I am free now, I will show photos from movie shooting^^ Nowadays shooting with fighter planes are fun! It is hard to put my feelings in words, but this is going to be the best air combat movie..^^ This feeling of excitement!! I will introduce F-15K Red Muffler

6652-jb28v8cglf.jpg

6652-jb28v8cglf.jpg

6652-4ydxjafjz4.jpg

source: rain's twitter

translations by Miki @ gokpop

--------------------------------------

Rain posts pictures from set of upcoming movie on Twitter

2011-04-06

270917652.jpg

Picture of Rain on the set of upcoming movie "Red Muffler" [Rain's Official Twitter website]

Asian superstar Rain has uploaded several pictures from the set of his upcoming action movie on his official Twitter account.

In the photographs posted on Wednesday, a fighter pilot suit-clad Rain is seen posing on top of a step ladder next to an aircraft while another shows the singer-actor next to his co-star from the movie "Red Muffler" with a comment underneath saying, "I've been having so much fun shooting the film lately!! Those words don’t express it but I feel that this will be the best air combat movie...^^ I'm getting all excited!! Let me introduce to you the F15K called 'Red Muffler.'"

He went onto say that he will keep posting up more pictures from the set when he has time.

Rain has been cast to play the male lead alongside actress Sin Se-gyeong and actors Kim Sung-soo and Lee Jong-suk in "Red Muffler," a remake of the Korean movie of the same name from 1964, which tells the story of life and comradeship of fighter pilots.

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, has been considered one of biggest stars in Korea and throughout Asia since the start to his solo singing career in 2002. He has also expanded his career into acting, playing several small screen roles such as "Sang Doo! Let's Go to School" and "Full House."

He then made his Hollywood debut in 2008, through the Wachowski Brothers' action pic "Speed Racer" and landed the lead role in martial arts film "Ninja Assassin" a year later.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Forbes Magazine Asia mixes up Kang Hodong and Rain in their April Issue

Apr 05 2011

*quoted image*

A recent mix up between Kang Hodong and Rain has been receiving a lot of attention online. On the 5th of April, a recent uploaded scan from the April Issue of Forbes Magazine Asia caught a lot of attention after they have mistakenly placed a caption of "Kang Hodong" under Rain’s photo.

The article which features this year’s “Korean Star Power Ranking” has made a list of the Top 40 Korean Celebrities after looking through their influence on advertisements, internet searches, and image profitability.

Korean news media sources defended Forbes Asia by stating that the mistake was an indication that the leaders in the Korean Wave are not that well known as they have predicted to be.

Biases and differences aside, what do you think of Forbes Asia’s mistake?

*quoted image*

Source:koreaboo.com

anjjo, how is that possible? This isn’t funny! How could you mix up the two – they’re completely different. No resemblance at all! It’s a terrible flaw/blunder. KHD should be so flattered. This magazine FAILS to me. Not a sufficient excuse for me. What kind of excuse is that? What's the name of this magazine again - hahaha........ :rolleyes:

Rain #1 On Online Votes For Times Top 100

e_110405_01.jpg

Korean singer and actor seems to be a regular on the Times Online Top 100. He's made appearances on the list of the top 100 most influential people in past years, and it seems that 2011 will be no exception.

The renowned US publication is conducting an online voting where Rain was in first place as of April 5th. This was out of 18,066 votes (3:30 PM local time), and 16,252 voted Rain to be influential while 1,814 voted him not influential.

Following hot on Rain's heels was American actor Chris Colfer who had 12,186 influential votes and 1,506 not influential votes. Third place went to pop star Lady Gaga, fourth to the diva Beyonce, and fifth to the heroes working hard to keep the radiation leaks at bay at the Fukushima nuclear power plant. Sixth place was taken by US Republican representative Ron Paul, seventh to singer Rihanna, and 8th place to the US First Lady, Michelle Obama. Wael Ghonim took the 9th slot, while Mohamed Bouazizi, the former Secretary-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency rounded out the top 10.

There are 203 candidates in total for this year's final list, with the online voting continuing until April 14th. The Top 100 are a list of leaders, heroes, artists, and thinkers who have influenced the entire world in some way. There are two lists and one of them is the online list, where online voters have a say in the final selection.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainment/enter_chart_detail.htm?No=14491

[review] I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK scores an 8.5 out of 10.

This isn’t an old review, fans. This is newly posted, and so well written in its detail and explanations that I am amazed by it. Strangely enough, Chad’s rating of the movie sounds right on to me. Do enjoy the read, and let us know if you agree… or not.

(by Stephe@cloudusa)

Nether Regions 04.05.11 — by Chad Webb

I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK

raincyborg.jpg?w=210&h=300

The title enough should compel you to click, but in case it doesn’t, this film comes from Park Chan-wook, the director behind Oldboy. Here he explores romance and mental illness in an unconventional comedy…

After I saw the mastery of Oldboy, I was instantly a fan of filmmaker Park Chan-wook. His “revenge” trilogy is glorious, but what helped cement his place as one of the world’s top directors was a little quirky romantic comedy few in the United States have seen or heard of. With the unforgettable title of I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Ok, this was a deliberate divergence from his previous efforts, and proved his versatility and overall prowess behind the camera. This is a funny, compelling, and refreshingly wacky glimpse into the lives at one insane asylum.

After the superb opening credits sequence, we meet Young-goon, a young woman who worked in a factory constructing radios before she cut her wrists and tried to connect herself to a power cord. Deemed suicidal, Young-goon is placed in a mental ward. She is delusional and thinks she is a genuine cyborg. This results in her refusing to eat. Instead, she licks batteries in an attempt to give herself electric charges. She allows robust fellow patient Gop-dahn the right to eat her meals. It is revealed that Young-goon’s grandmother also suffered from delusions, in her case being a mouse. This traumatic event made quite an impact on Young-goon, and while institutionalized, she frequently imagines herself getting revenge on the “white-uns” (a.k.a. staff members dressed in white) who took her grandmother away. Also a patient, but voluntarily, is Il-Soon, who is not only anti-social but also a kleptomaniac. He develops a fascination with Young-goon, and as he tries to help her, they build a bizarre kind of relationship together.

What it looks like when Young-goon is fully charged.

cyborg-1a_96528.jpg?w=177&h=131

A significant portion of the running time is devoted to introducing the various oddball patients, many of whom are hilarious. Before Young-goon can even get comfortable, she meets Sul-mi, who suffers from mythomania and therefore lies all the time. She pretends to be a doctor to an unsuspecting Young-goon. There is also a man who is overly humble and who always assumes that he is at fault when something goes wrong. Another woman thinks she is an Edelweiss yodeler, while another thinks his body was made with an elastic band around the waist. All of these personalities contribute to the whimsical nature of I’m a Cyborg, and That’s Ok. The supporting cast is filled with conviction, which should be expected, but it goes a long way to the viewer becoming invested in these weird people and their zany universe.

The bond between Il-Soon and Young-goon is about as sweet as a romance can get without stumbling into syrupy or schmaltzy territory. Lim Su-jeong was previously known as one of the sisters in A Tale of Two Sisters but she is wonderfully committed, straight-faced, and amusing as Young-goon. She had to lose a lot of weight for the role, but Chan-wook never uses that as a gross-out tactic. Su-jeong radiates content and child-like qualities as a girl who thinks she’s a cyborg, which causes us to understand why Il-Soon is drawn to her. Their first interaction occurs when she is trying to communicate with a snack machine. Il-Soon sees this, and as she verbally requests a tea, he drops the money in for her. She grabs it and walks away, not noticing he was there. Another funny scene has Young-goon explaining her 7 Deadly Sins: 1) Sympathy, 2) Being Sad, 3) Restlessness, 4) Hesitating About Anything, 5) Useless Daydreaming, 6) Feeling Guilty, and 7) Thankfulness.

Il-Soon is played by Rain (Ninja Assassin, Speed Racer), who is a model, actor, singer, and just about anything else you can think of. His talent is boundless, and here he establishes innate chemistry with Lim Su-jeong and has effortless comic timing. Most of the laugh out loud scenes feature Il-Soon “stealing” the delusions and illnesses of other patients. One of which has Il-Soon absorbing the voice of the yodeler, and this gives Rain an excuse to sing. He has a nice voice, so it’s fine. Young-goon is the center of the plot, so her background is given more detail, but the reason for Il-Soon’s schizophrenic tendencies are also covered. What makes I’m a Cyborg so rewarding is that the humor and the drama are balanced. Chan-wook says a great deal about where these delusions stem from, and even the minor characters are not left out in the dark.

im-a-cyborg-but-thats-ok-01_96529.jpg?w=210&h=300

This is a brilliant example of a director incorporating CGI, but using them sparsely. Other filmmakers would have transformed this in a special effects extravaganza, but Chan-wook is cognizant of the fact that doing so would have undermined the importance of the primary relationship and the atmosphere in the asylum. The transparent views through Young-goon, revealing her internal gears and lights are visually arresting and amusing. The sequences involving Yong-goon using her fingers as guns on the staff are also striking. The image of a romance including a scene of violence with fingers as guns might not make sense, but it will if you watch the film. It is trademark Chan-wook action, and is superlatively staged.

This is hardly the first story set in an insane asylum or mental ward. You have the more popular entries like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and Girl Interrupted; the setting in certainly popular. Park Chan-wook conveys his intelligence by integrating enough distinctiveness that when one sees this, there will be no doubt of what you’re watching. The color scheming is memorable, bright, and vivid. The costumes are piercing white, and even the hair and makeup work deserves mention, as this is what separates many characters from the others and helps them stand out from the pack. Evidence of how refined, yet easy-going Chan-wook’s direction displays is available in almost every scene. Every aspect of I’m a Cyborg is laid out and unraveled appropriately. Even the music from Jo yeong-wook is exquisite, and shifts at the proper instances.

In perusing some other reviews, many seem to be confused by the fantasy sequences, questioning whether or not they are intended to be real. I can see why some would scratch their head upon a first viewing, but I’ve seen I’m a Cyborg a few times now, and I can safely say those scenes are not meant to be debated. What Chan-wook is aiming for is clear. Young-goon’s mental stability is not supposed to be cloudy, unlike say Black Swan. For those who cherish Chan-wook’s darker, more aggressive pictures, this might not be what you expect. I adored how different it was from his famed trilogy. It is delightful, but not overly saccharine, and silly but not ridiculous. The biggest flaw is the length, which could have been trimmed, but any complaints are saved by the charming and captivating conclusion.

This film was #1 in South Korea in its opening week, but tanked at the box office after that, which is the only available reason for its absence on DVD in the US. I’m guessing most companies are worried there won’t be an audience for it. Too bad. You can find bootlegs, or if you’re lucky enough to have a region-free DVD player, tracking down DVDs from other countries should not be too difficult. That’s what I got, and it suits me fine. In some areas, it has been released on Blu-Ray with the title I’m a Cyborg.

Final Rating = 8.5/10.0

Source:cloudusa