Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[Mar-29-2011] Rain ranks first as a muscular idol star from Korea, in a poll of Chinese netizens.

In a poll of Chinese netizens, Rain has ranked first as a muscular idol star from Korea, receiving 374335 votes.

Source : http://www.vdfly.com/article-1573-1.html

Credit to benamoo http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo?t__nil_cafemy=item

171306y927ljyldo9teqww.jpg

Korean celebrities win big at the ‘Shorty Awards’!

On March 28th, the “3rd Annual Shorty Awards“, which honors the best of Twitter and social media, announced their results for the winners and runner-ups. With Korean celebrities gaining much popularity through their Twitter accounts, it’s no surprise that many of them were nominated for the awards.

In particular, JYJ’s Jaejoong took a big win in the “Best Celebrity on Twitter” category with 5,668 votes, beating out the ever-popular Justin Bieber, who had 5,136 votes. Super Junior’s Heechul also made some noise in this category as he placed 3rd with 2,990 votes. Indeed, many Korean celebrities ranked high for this catagory, such as singer Jay Park (6th) and JYJ’s Yoochun (10th) and Junsu (11th). Super Junior’s Leeteuk (24th), Eunhyuk (39th), and Donghae (47th) also ranked in the category as well.

Korean celebrities also stood strong in the “Best Music on Twitter” category. JYJ’s Junsu came in 4th, with fellow groupmate Jaejoong following behind at 11th. Meanwhile, Jay Park was 13th, Heechul was 26th, and Yoochun was 36th.

As for the “Best Actor on Twitter“, JYJ’s Yoochun, Jaejoong, and Junsu ranked 9th, 12th, and 26th, respectively. Super Junior’s Donhae and Heechul came in 28th and 29th, while singer/actor Rain rounded out the top 50 by placing at 46th.

Though Barney Stinson was crowned the award for the “Best Entertainment on Twitter“, JYJ’s Yoochun received the most votes with 2221 votes. Other winners in the top 50 were Jaejoong (10th), Heechul (16th), Jay Park (19th), and Junsu (28th).

The same cast raked in high marks for the “Best Fashion on Twitter” category as well, with Jaejoong in 3rd, Heechul in 8th, Yoochun in 11th, Jay Park in 36th, and Junsu in 43rd.

And finally (whew, take a breath!), Jay Park was nominated for the “Connecting People Award“, which is a special award that recognizes individuals “who genuinely bringing people together through Twitter and social media.” In Jay Park’s honorable mention, the website described:

“Jay Park, also known as Park Jaebeom, is a Korean-American singer, rapper, actor, and b-boy from South Korea who lives in Seattle.

Park had a cult following as a member of the Korean band 2PM. In 2009, Park allegedly posted ‘unfavorable comments’ about South Korea on his MySpace page, although fans argue that the comments were misinterpreted. After Park was dismissed from 2PM and JYP Entertainment, his fans boycotted the band. Park became a solo artist and got involved in charity projects, including an effort to knit hats for newborns.

Currently, he is an Art of Movement dance member and has two rap singles on iTunes. His fandom is called ‘J-Effect’ and fans are ‘JWalkers.’ Park’s cover of B.o.B’s ‘Nothin’ on You’ won an award for Best 2010 Web Video at the Mashable Awards.

He uses Twitter to communicate with fans in English and Korean, and inspires fans to volunteer and donate to good causes. Park received more nominations for this award than any other finalist. One voter wrote, ‘We not only support Mr. Park but also lend out a helping hand in improving the society around each of our communities in attempts to follow in Mr. Park’s footsteps in spreading love and respect, a motto he lives by.’”

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees!

To see the complete list of all the winners, visit the Shorty Awards website.

(http://shortyawards.com/)

Source: The Shorty Awards Website

Source: allkpop, korea.com

Hi bbly, about his ideal-type, I think the last you said more applies.....he says things to entertain - hehehe. About the fan account of Stephe, why he did that? In short, he was in good mood that time, this is the only thing I could say. :lol:

I think he might know what he wants, but as he gets older, this ideal type changes which is totally natural. And most things he says for me are to entertain. But then again, only Rain knows himself what he means seriously or what not. ;)

Rain @ China Cool Music Magazine (March 2011 Issue)

ratoka 2011-03-28

rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit : baidu // twitter

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Those are really nice picutres of Rain! Thank you for sharing anjjo.

[Mar-29-2011] <Eng.trans> [Full Fancam] 11-03-25 Rain @ JVJQ Press Conference in Beijing

6:07~6:17

Thank you so much.

Thank you for sending your donations to charity on behalf of me, and with pleasure, I'll ride the bike you've given to me.

The new bicycle that Cloud China gave to Rain upon arrival:

bikeg1.jpg

Source:cloudusa

-------------------------------

110325 Rain in Beijing picture

ratoka 2011-03-30

http://rain-cloud.co.kr

110325 Rain in Beijing picture

Credit as tagged // Adelaide Napitupulu

2%2818%29.jpg

3%2812%29.jpg

4 years and covering even his MS time? Wow, that is impressing! This brand really wanted to have Rain.

bbly, ye, really impressing! They're in good hands.....Does it mean we could get to see him promoting this brand even he's inside the camp, huh? Maybe, MMA could allow him to do it when request will be asked earlier - & this rule is with the exception of RAIN (?).... Don't you know that the military has decided to allow conscripts to meet their family members at boot camps from May this year? Those in the Army and Navy will be able to see their family after five weeks of basic training; the Air Force after six weeks; and the Marine Corps., seven weeks. The Ministry of National Defense banned families from visiting conscripts during basic training in 1998 as a part of plans to make the latter adjust faster to their new environment. And the Army has extended basic military training for recruits from five weeks to eight weeks from this year as part of measures to beef up military readiness against North Korea. <_<

Ok, so this is the brand for which Rain will endorse? Now that makes sense. I thought it was again a press conference for his concert (which already took place couple of weeks ago). I still not like the suit, but I love his cute smile on some picutres.

bbly, about this new China CF & even this "Mentholatum", he’s perfect to be the model because of his maintained body as well as healthy skin. I’m sure this will synergize with the brand and bring a more positive change in the brand name. :lol:

The new bicycle that Cloud China gave to Rain upon arrival:

*quoted image*

Source:cloudusa

That is a nice bike and very practical. ;)

bbly, ye, really impressing! They're in good hands.....Does it mean we could get to see him promoting this brand even he's inside the camp, huh? Maybe, MMA could allow him to do it when request will be asked earlier - & this rule is with the exception of RAIN (?).... Don't you know that the military has decided to allow conscripts to meet their family members at boot camps from May this year? Those in the Army and Navy will be able to see their family after five weeks of basic training; the Air Force after six weeks; and the Marine Corps., seven weeks. The Ministry of National Defense banned families from visiting conscripts during basic training in 1998 as a part of plans to make the latter adjust faster to their new environment. And the Army has extended basic military training for recruits from five weeks to eight weeks from this year as part of measures to beef up military readiness against North Korea. <_<

bbly, about this new China CF & even this "Mentholatum", he’s perfect to be the model because of his maintained body as well as healthy skin. I’m sure this will synergize with the brand and bring a more positive change in the brand name. :lol:

I don't think Rain will get a special vacation or so to shoot his CF, but that JVJQ will shoot and film a lot of materials of Rain and they will use it during 2 years. Look at Lotte for example, they are using still pictures that were taken over 2 years. Speaking of Lotte, it is a shame that there is no new CF from Korea, be it Lotte, Nikon or SKT. I mean Rain is still there, really a shame.

For a moment I thought that families are not allowed to visit the soldiers at all. But what you meant was during basic training which is actually also understandable as the faster they adjust themselves to the new life, it is better. What? Basic Training is increased to 8 weeks? If Rain goes to the army, he will have to do this too :( .

BTW, willenette I am always appreciating your knowledge about those things regarding Korea and that you share it with us. Thank you very much!!!

For a moment I thought that families are not allowed to visit the soldiers at all. But what you meant was during basic training which is actually also understandable as the faster they adjust themselves to the new life, it is better. What? Basic Training is increased to 8 weeks? If Rain goes to the army, he will have to do this too :( .

BTW, willenette I am always appreciating your knowledge about those things regarding Korea and that you share it with us. Thank you very much!!!

Hi willenette, thanks too for sharing the info. It is also important for us Rain fans to know what conditions and procedures he will encounter once he enters his MS. :D

------------------------------------------

11-03-25 Rain @ Beijing Airport _Arrive

ratoka 2011-03-30

http://rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit as tagged // Cloud china // Adelaide Napitupulu

b1%284%29.jpg

b2%282%29.jpg

b3%282%29.jpg

b4%281%29.jpg

b5%281%29.jpg

[Mar-31-2011]<Eng.trans> tvN Ent News_Rain comes first place as the star who could bring his future wife great luck, in a survey.

My link

-Brief summary-

The reason is,

Of course, Rain has a handsome face, and is such a fascinating star actress Megan Fox has also praised, but if there is one quality people love about him, it is just that : He is a real man who has performed good deeds without the knowledge of people, for instance, he had volunteered to make oil spilt Taean come back to life, he had visited his female fan whose days were limited in the hospital to cheer her up, and he's helped identify those who would lose their sights, allowing them to seek treatment, establishing ties with an ophthalmology.

Rain is a global star who has careers in performing at the closing ceremonies of both the Beijing and the Guangzho Olympic Games, and in being honored with the award for Best Badass performer for his role in Ninja assassin at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, so someone who will be his spouse can be the envy of women all over the world.

As a singer and actor, Rain is one of entertainers who get the fattest paychecks in the showbiz, including the advertising world, and his schedules for the year 2014 and 2015 after leaving the military have been set already, so his spouse can feel secure about her future.

Credit to 지훈그리기 @ benamoo http://cafe.daum.net/benamoo?t__nil_cafemy=item

Re-up by ratoka00 @

Brief translation buy raian bird.

I think they will change couple of things in the script compared to the original one. I have the feeling - since SSK is very young and for sure will play a young character - she won't be widowed or something like this in this new version of the movie.

bbly, I feel that "LITS" doesn’t resemble the original plot anymore. Do you think they'd use this title/name already? They've started filming already but up to now we didn't hear news about the confirmed title - I just hope they won’t change/rename the title later when people get used to it already. If they prefer to use "Red Scarf" basically, the only thing the production is borrowing from the original is the title. We all know that in the movie RAIN falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight. But for sure there will another woman in the picture..... You know, I always wonder why K-dramas & even movies always with the love-triangle or love-square, huh? Wahhh... I'm waiting for more news about this upcoming movie - why so few, huh? Whatever, I will always support RAIN! As an actor he really immersed 100% into his role and tries his best to bring out the character he is portraying realistically. I hope that this will be a success. I hope it will at least be appealing to all kinds of viewers : young & old, male or female. Maybe it will be one of those movies that come out better than expected? No matter what I’m in already cuz it’s RAIN! I am looking forward to his acting once again being a pilot. On a side note, RAIN is a total Hottie! :lol:

I don't think Rain will get a special vacation or so to shoot his CF, but that JVJQ will shoot and film a lot of materials of Rain and they will use it during 2 years. Look at Lotte for example, they are using still pictures that were taken over 2 years. Speaking of Lotte, it is a shame that there is no new CF from Korea, be it Lotte, Nikon or SKT. I mean Rain is still there, really a shame.

Hi bbly, I think I agree with you - that he'll be allowed to film this China CF when he's inside already - since this will be unfair to some other stars who are also there. Talking about training, I hope when RAIN is on-training in the Army or even after he does still manage to headline the Korean news once in a while. I hope his training will be documented. I hope he won’t have any difficulty inside. I hope it won’t have very intensive drills. But I’m sure that even there he’ll work hard. :sweatingbullets:<_<

03.31.11 [iNFO] 2010 South Korea抯 Best Eye-Smile Ranking

rain011.jpg?w=288&h=300

1. FT ISLAND Lee HongKi 5.9% (3,760 votes)

2. 2PM Nichkhun 5.7% (3,623 votes)

3. Super Junior DongHae 4.8% (3,097 votes)

4. CN BLUE Jung Yong Hwa 4.7% (3,010 votes)

5. Super Junior Leeteuk 4.6% (2,937 votes)

6. Jang Geun Suk 4% (2,535 votes)

7. Super Junior Lee Sung Min 3.5% (2,257 votes)

8. SS501 Kim Hyun Joong 3.2% (2,072 votes)

9. SHINee Onew 3.2% (2,038 votes)

10. Big Bang G-Dragon 3.2% (2,049 votes)

11. Super Junior Kibum 2.9% (1,839 votes)

12. Kibum 2.8% (1,827 votes)**

13. Big Bang Taeyang 2.5% (1,602 votes)

14. CNBLUE Kang MinHyuk 2.5% (1,629 votes)

15. SHINee Taemin 2.5% (1,606 votes)

16. 2AM Jinwoon 2.4% (1,528 votes)

17. Super Junior Kangin 2.3% (1,459 votes)

18. 2AM JoKwon *% (1,387 votes)

19. Big Bang Daesang *% (1,431 votes)

20. 2PM Junho 2% (1,257 votes)

21. FT ISLAND Choi Min Hwan 2% (1,307 votes)

22. BEAST Kikwang 1.9% (1,215 votes)

23. BEAST Yoseop 1.9% (1,216 votes)

24. Rain 1.9% (1,197 votes)

Source/credit:sixtofive1982/jax625

Hi willenette, thanks too for sharing the info. It is also important for us Rain fans to know what conditions and procedures he will encounter once he enters his MS. :D

anjjo, so quiet here in our thread........ as if he's in the military already - huhuhu..... Wondering what's RAIN doing at the moment - is he filming or it's his day-off, huh? Or maybe busy preparing/recording for his next album. Or maybe practicing for the upcoming show in Malaysia soon..... Well, going back to MS thing - I was told again that when he enlists & before his training, we’ll know already where he wants to be stationed either in the Army, AF, Navy or Marine – RAIN’s deploying will be decided after weeks of training and it only informs to his parents/family. <_<

bbly, I feel that "LITS" doesn’t resemble the original plot anymore. Do you think they'd use this title/name already? They've started filming already but up to now we didn't hear news about the confirmed title - I just hope they won’t change/rename the title later when people get used to it already. If they prefer to use "Red Scarf" basically, the only thing the production is borrowing from the original is the title. We all know that in the movie RAIN falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight. But for sure there will another woman in the picture..... You know, I always wonder why K-dramas & even movies always with the love-triangle or love-square, huh? Wahhh... I'm waiting for more news about this upcoming movie - why so few, huh? Whatever, I will always support RAIN! As an actor he really immersed 100% into his role and tries his best to bring out the character he is portraying realistically. I hope that this will be a success. I hope it will at least be appealing to all kinds of viewers : young & old, male or female. Maybe it will be one of those movies that come out better than expected? No matter what I’m in already cuz it’s RAIN! I am looking forward to his acting once again being a pilot. On a side note, RAIN is a total Hottie! :lol:

I think it's weird that we don't have any official title yet. I hope too it won't be anyhting with "Red" in the name.

You might be right that this movie will be maybe in many aspects different than the original one.

About triangel-love-story in K-dramas and movies? No idea why they love to do this. :lol:

Regarding Rain's acting - 100% agreed with you! Regarding the success of the movie - I prepare myself for the worst (still having the bitter taste about Fugitive) and hope and pray that it will be a success and that people as you said it, no matter what age and gender, will love this movie. And most importantly, that Rain's acting will get him some good critics and praises.

Hi bbly, I think I agree with you - that he'll be allowed to film this China CF when he's inside already - since this will be unfair to some other stars who are also there. Talking about training, I hope when RAIN is on-training in the Army or even after he does still manage to headline the Korean news once in a while. I hope his training will be documented. I hope he won’t have any difficulty inside. I hope it won’t have very intensive drills. But I’m sure that even there he’ll work hard. :sweatingbullets:<_<

I am afraid everything about Rain's army time will be "documented" as long as it is possible and that scares me. I hope that he won't be stalked even during that time. <_<

Yes, it will be hard, be the training camp or the military during 2 years, but I wish him some break from all the media, hype and crazy attention he gets since he is in this business.

[02-Apr-11][MTV]MTV Style Headlines Of The Week: Katy Perry Turns Into An Alien, Britney Spears IS BACK, And More

katy-perry.jpg

One of Katy Perry's looks from her 'E.T.' music video.

Photo: Courtesy of Katy Perry's Facebook.

rainthe-fans-screamed.jpg

credit:as tagged

• This week Katy Perry TOTALLY stole the show us with her new, alienesque 'E.T.' video! We pulled out every single look from the out-of-this-world vid, interviewed Kabuki, the miracle makeup man behind her transformation, and when Katy called for fans to recreate her extraterrestrial looks, we spotlighted our favorites. Why? Because we love you.

• BRITNEY'S BACK! And she showed off her hot bod in bejeweled bodysuits as she performed back on the stage like the good old days. Plus, gurl was ROCKING some Dolce & Gabbana all over her Femme Fatale album artwork!

• Justin Bieber upgraded his bling and showed off his fandom at the same time when he switched out his dogtag necklace for a pendant of Stewie Griffin from Family Guy. All the while, his main lady Selena Gomez took Perez Hilton's Blue Ball Birthday Bash theme to heart and came out as queen of the Smurfs in her all-out blue ensemble.

• This season of Jersey Shore may be over, but that doesn't mean the casties are in hiding! Snooki stepped out in a homemade "Brunette Mafia" shirt that we're sure would be way easy to knock off.

• Kelis wore crazy front-less pants, Jena Malone showed us how to wear blue eyeshadow with class, style bloggers showed off their favorite animal prints, and we saw celebs sporting thick-strapped shoes all over the red carpet.

• Vanessa Hudgens played it casual cool in a few T-shirts, and we showed you where to snatch them up. Meanwhile, Jennifer Hudson glammed it up in gorgeous bracelets, which got us hunting for more animal-themed jewelry that's just as drool-worthy.

• We peeked across the pond to see what our favorite British babes were wearing! Alexa Chung, Sienna Miller, Adele, and more showed us what's what with their stylish selves.

• The black hearts that British singer/songwriter Kate Nash and "90210" actress Shenae Grimes recently rocked on their cute mugs grabbed our attention! Did you <3 or </3 it?

• Before peeking between the pages, a magazine's gotta catch your eye! We rounded up all our favorite cover girls on the latest issues of Glamour, Rolling Stone, ELLE and i-D. Some wore super cute getups, and others wore nothing at all!

• What were those hot dudes up to this week? Korean loverboy Rain showed off his glistening Hot Dude torso. Thanks to our moms' love of Criminal Minds, we finally discovered Mr. Hot Patootie Matthew Gray Gubler. Patrick Wolf proved that he is the ultimate boss of buttons. Oh yeah, and Ed Westwick looked super cute as he canoodled with a manfriend. Finally, Romeo picked daddy David Beckam's nose in public, but still managed to look hot. Plus, Moby and Marilyn Manson hugged it out while we captioned the pic!

Have a very stylish weekend!

SOURCE : http://style.mtv.com/2011/04/01/ ... tney-spears-is-back

credit:ratoka@RainLegend

[04-02] Rain Mentholatum CF picture in Beijing

credit as tagged //raincloudhk/rainstorm.exblog

2011-04-03

c0047605_23444830.jpg

c0047605_23482578.jpg

c0047605_235550100.jpg

c0047605_2355592.jpg

-------------------------------------------

[Apr-03-2011] <Eng.trans> What has Rain recently done ? (from a Twitter account)

비느님 대구 양포수산 다녀가셨데요. 대게하고 독도새우 드시고 가셨다고 하네요.

그리고 몇칠 있다 다시 오신다고 하셨다니 또 가실 듯 ㅋㅋ 아마 어제인 듯

According to sources, Rain had big crabs and prawns at a restaurant, the name of which is 'Yahng Po', specializing in seafood in Daegu region, and he added he would come again soon. To judge from what he said, I think he'll go there again..keke. That seems to be what happened yesterday..(April 2, 2011)

** His movie 'Red Muffler' has been filmed on location in Daegu region.

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296109&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird

----------------------------------------------

[Apr-03-2011] Rain's old picture is released on Twitter with his posting, "I feel so sorry for what I was such a very determined type of person at an early age."

24c9c179243d2a73bd44774ca3cf88ef.jpg

Singer Rain's picture of the past has been opened to the public.

On his Twitter on April 3rd, Rain posted a picture of himself by saying, "The precious memory in my writing at the age of 16 that I happened to find while I was tidying my room..The writing says, 'There is no path !! Let me try to do my best today.' I feel so sorry for what I was such a very determined type of person at an early age."

This picture arouses netizens' interest because it shows Rain looking so young and fresh and cute while posing for a picture with his friend. They words of encouragement to Rain who strived for his dream of becoming a singer even at the age of 16.

There were their enthusiastic responses to the picture, "I really respect him. What did I do at that age?" "Thank you so much for showing us your old picture." “Please don't be so sad ..Your hard work of the past has made you who you are." "After hatching, you have finally replaced your profile picture!"

Meanwhile, Rain is gearing up to shoot movie 'Red Muffler' with actress 'Shin Se Kyung', 'Lee Jong Seok', 'Lee Ha Na', 'Kim Sung Soo'.

Credit to Korean Economy http://news.nate.com/view/20110403n10330

English translation by rain bird.

Guest justblaqcloud

huff back after long hiatus...i hope we can hear more updates bout Rain new movie, & i've been worried bout his health, coz he must hold a tour, recording new album, & filming in a tight schedule..but as long he enjoy all that tight schedule that's ok 4 me :)

hope he still can attend his movie premiere be4 going for MS, maybe last public appearance TT

[04-02] Rain Mentholatum CF picture in Beijing

credit as tagged //raincloudhk/rainstorm.exblog

2011-04-03

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

-------------------------------------------

[Apr-03-2011] <Eng.trans> What has Rain recently done ? (from a Twitter account)

비느님 대구 양포수산 다녀가셨데요. 대게하고 독도새우 드시고 가셨다고 하네요.

그리고 몇칠 있다 다시 오신다고 하셨다니 또 가실 듯 ㅋㅋ 아마 어제인 듯

According to sources, Rain had big crabs and prawns at a restaurant, the name of which is 'Yahng Po', specializing in seafood in Daegu region, and he added he would come again soon. To judge from what he said, I think he'll go there again..keke. That seems to be what happened yesterday..(April 2, 2011)

** His movie 'Red Muffler' has been filmed on location in Daegu region.

Credit to DC http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=rain&no=296109&page=1&bbs=

English translation by rain bird

Thanks anjjo for sharing the CF picture. I wish that we would see some more pictures or even a CF, was hoping a bit for more here.

So Rain is shooting his movie after all and he seems to be in Daegu.

[04-04] 110403 Rain Red pepper pasta New CF gif

110403 Rain Red pepper pasta New CF gif

Credit : DC

1301845949_201104040055046239202301_0.jpg

1301845949_201104040055066239202301_0.jpg

credit:ratoka@Rain Legend

------------------------------------

[new CF] Rain’s 15sec commercial spot for 해찬들 (Haechandle) airs on O’live TV.

April 3, 2011

Gochujang (red pepper paste) never looked so good.

Please enjoy this brand new CJ Foods CF for 해찬들 (Haechandle brand) Red Pepper Paste, that was spotted on the O’live channel today. Whoever came up with this vision to market this yummy cooking condiment was right on—Rain’s blinding white shirt, the smart cut of his deep brown hair, the bluest sky, greenest fields, and absolute reddest red peppers flow seamlessly into each other and raises interest and whets the appetite.

Can you tell we like this thing? Even though all he’s doing is trying to get the sun out of his eyes? Haha! ♥

(Waiting for the longer versions to be released!)

(credit: CJ Foods / source: DC Inside / courtesy of ratoka @YT)

Source/credit:cloudusa/Stephe