Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain is now computer literate!

on January 27, 2011

*quoted image*

Singer/actor Rain is no longer computer illiterate!

On January 26th, Rain posted on his Twitter a picture of him next to the Eiffel Tower and a caption saying, “I finally hatched out of my egg. I’m a guy that can upload pictures now.”

In the picture, Rain is wearing a coat with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Rain’s face is not very visible, but he strikes a pose that attracts a lot of attention.

Rain had garnered interest for being computer illiterate by previously stating, “I had Twitter for over a year already but I still don’t know how to do anything on it.”

Upon reading his latest tweet, netizens commented, saying, “Finally you’re computer literate!”, “That’s a really good picture of yourself.”, and “Congratulations on uploading a picture!”.

Source: Review Star via Yahoo! Korea

Fr.:allkpop

anjjo, thanks for posting this. Our man is such a cutie - hahaha. I like how the photo was taken, dear. This is sweet news for us because I hope we could get more tweets now from him & could be able to get more photos. The article just made me lol this morning after reading it. So, cheers for us! And congratulations to RAIN - hehehe. It must have given him some headache before he learned to post pics. :lol:

Rain Makes a Special Appearance at MCM in London

on January 25, 2011 a

*quoted image*

anjjo, I want to talk again about his hair - hahaha. Take a look at again this pics you posted - Wondering if his “chestnut hair” will become a new fashion trend soon? Right now, I have chestnut hair too. His hair colour is so modern & cool, which fit to his short hair. His hair now just needs simple styling since short hair is wearable unlike his previous hair. I hope as the days pass by I'll get used to it, so, it would look ok to me. Because any hairstyle he has without bangs isn’t perfect in my eyes. Maybe I want something drooling…….. But, he still looks charismatic. Besides, his hair will grow out anyway. :lol:

[Eng trans] Rain @ twitter on 26/01/2011

cap by ratoka

English translation by rain bird

*quoted image*

Source/credit:rain-cloud co.kr/ratoka

I read those translations several times and I really love them! Can't get enough of them. Rain is just wonderful!

Hi bbly, so, by this time he's now in NY - I think it's purely vacation there based from what he posted. About his tweets, so happy to know that he knows now how to post pics - now, we could get to see more photos from him. About the fan accounts, this is the event where I read many stories about him - Ye, I could attest to that - RAIN smells good. I remember also the very 1st time I saw him up close & personal (the one I told you way back 2004 where I went to JYPE office & there I got to get an autograph from him & got near him) - he smelled very good & I'm sure he just taken a bath after rehearsal since his hair was still wet during that time. :lol:

As it seems he really did a vacation in Europe (especially in Paris) and he spent it with Baekga, I guess. I thought maybe it was something for business after all, but until now there is no sign. I am really happy for him!

I remember that beautiful story you told me, dear! So you confirm it too, that Rain smells very good. Oho, is it a perfume or just his natural smell? blush.gif

anjjo, I want to talk again about his hair - hahaha. Take a look at again this pics you posted - Wondering if his “chestnut hair” will become a new fashion trend soon? Right now, I have chestnut hair too. His hair colour is so modern & cool, which fit to his short hair. His hair now just needs simple styling since short hair is wearable unlike his previous hair. I hope as the days pass by I'll get used to it, so, it would look ok to me. Because any hairstyle he has without bangs isn’t perfect in my eyes. Maybe I want something drooling…….. But, he still looks charismatic. Besides, his hair will grow out anyway. :lol:

Agree his current hair - cut and colour - are perfect! It fits him sooooo good!!!

Rain picked as entertainer most likely to give out a lot of New Year’s money

January 27, 2011

20110127_rain_money.jpg

He Makes It Rain / Kid On The Lower Right Loves It

In another round of odd polls, Rain has been chosen as the star who seems most likely to “make it rain” for New Year’s.

In a recent poll at monkey3, he was picked first place with 1,122 out of 1,725 votes, getting 65%. The general consensus seems to be that because Rain is known to love children so much, he would probably give kids more New Year’s money than usual.

Comedian Yoo Jae Suk came in 2nd with 21% of the votes, while Kang Ho Dong and Bae Yong Joon tied at 3rd with 6%.

Source + Photo: Newsen

As it seems he really did a vacation in Europe (especially in Paris) and he spent it with Baekga, I guess. I thought maybe it was something for business after all, but until now there is no sign. I am really happy for him!

I remember that beautiful story you told me, dear! So you confirm it too, that Rain smells very good. Oho, is it a perfume or just his natural smell? blush.gif

Agree his current hair - cut and colour - are perfect! It fits him sooooo good!!!

Hi bbly, Ye, his trip to Europe is a combination of pleasure & business. Good for him after all. About the smell, I think that was both from a scent of a shampoo & a body soap. But, definitely it wasn't a cologne or perfume scent. :lol:

Rain picked as entertainer most likely to give out a lot of New Year’s money

January 27, 2011

*quoted image*

He Makes It Rain / Kid On The Lower Right Loves It

In another round of odd polls, Rain has been chosen as the star who seems most likely to “make it rain” for New Year’s.

In a recent poll at monkey3, he was picked first place with 1,122 out of 1,725 votes, getting 65%. The general consensus seems to be that because Rain is known to love children so much, he would probably give kids more New Year’s money than usual.

Comedian Yoo Jae Suk came in 2nd with 21% of the votes, while Kang Ho Dong and Bae Yong Joon tied at 3rd with 6%.

Source + Photo: Newsen

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this. So nice to know this but isn't that RAIN is a bit stingy? Well, he may be like that towards kids. :lol:

[Jan-27-2011] Rain selected as the star to give children a lot of cash gifts to celebrate the New Year.

201101271605381115_1.jpg

In a recent survey by music site 'Monkey3', from the 20th to the 26th, Rain came first place as the star to probably give younger people a lot of cash gifts to celebrate the New Year, having overwhelming support with more than 65 percent (1,122 votes) of total respondents. (1,725 votes)

The majority of respondents said, "Rain seems to give children a lot of cash gifts to celebrate the New Year because he loves them a lot."

Meanwhile, gagman 'Yu Jae Seok' came in second (359votes), gagman 'Kang Ho Dong' and actor 'Bae Yong Joon' third...and singer 'Yun Jong Sin' sixth.

credit to Star Today http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=61739&year=2011

Picture : http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201101271605381115&ext=na

Brief translation by rain bird.

Hi willenette and bbly, while reading the many fan accounts re Rain's MCM event, here are some noticeable infos:

His shirt inside :blink:

" ... also points to the practically nakey girly on his shirt* [You know, Katie, I'm SHOCKED no one has mentioned the naked woman yet! Must all be looking either up at his face... or downtown.]"

and here's the clearest pic I can get :D -

c0047605_1847391.jpg

His eyes and lips

". . . Ahhh his eyes and lips WERE TO DIE FOR!!! OMG IN REAL LIFE THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I just wanted to reach forward and touch them but I thought better of it HAHA." :o

About his height, bod and his smell :lol: -

"He is the height he says he is! No lying there – seeing as I have been asked a few times if he was actually that tall! SO YES RAIN IS ACTUALLY THAT TALL!!! FREAKING PERFECT HEIGHT!!! Also I have been asked about his weight… HE WASN’T SKINNY HE WASN’T CHUBBY HE WAS PERFECT!!! He really does look fine and huggable, you could just slip your hands under his jacket and snuggle in close to his chest and stay there forever! You could see the muscles through his jacket too which made me spazz even more!

"Ok now I know it’s not just me that thinks OHHHHH what does he smell like. I didn’t smell any cologne but he smelt HOMELY [uSA folks, that means so fresh and so clean in England-speak, the way your home should smell. Get it? Home + ly. — ^@@^]. Ok yes, that sounds very odd does it not, but that’s the only word of I can think of to describe it, he clearly hadn’t worn any so it was just him and he smelt very nice!"

His hand and maybe this include his fingers - :rolleyes:

"He then said “Thank you for coming” and held out his PERFECT hand again which I had already touched and shook outside when he came in, so I was in shock that I got to do it again. AHHHH his hand was so soft and warm and perfect, he smiled again as I shook his hand

...."

And finally - blush.gifw00t.gif:lol:

"... yes I did stare at his CROTCH for a while! Rain’s crotch in real life is indescribable!!!"

Naughty, indeed! :lol:

All excerpts from Purplezest, for Cloud USA

Source:http://cloudusa.wordpress.com/

(Met Rain at the MCM store in London! January 25, 2011) :o

Hi willenette and bbly, while reading the many fan accounts re Rain's MCM event, here are some noticeable infos:

His shirt inside :blink:

" ... also points to the practically nakey girly on his shirt* [You know, Katie, I'm SHOCKED no one has mentioned the naked woman yet! Must all be looking either up at his face... or downtown.]"

and here's the clearest pic I can get :D -

*quoted image*

His eyes and lips

". . . Ahhh his eyes and lips WERE TO DIE FOR!!! OMG IN REAL LIFE THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I just wanted to reach forward and touch them but I thought better of it HAHA." :o

About his height, bod and his smell :lol: -

"He is the height he says he is! No lying there – seeing as I have been asked a few times if he was actually that tall! SO YES RAIN IS ACTUALLY THAT TALL!!! FREAKING PERFECT HEIGHT!!! Also I have been asked about his weight… HE WASN’T SKINNY HE WASN’T CHUBBY HE WAS PERFECT!!! He really does look fine and huggable, you could just slip your hands under his jacket and snuggle in close to his chest and stay there forever! You could see the muscles through his jacket too which made me spazz even more!

"Ok now I know it’s not just me that thinks OHHHHH what does he smell like. I didn’t smell any cologne but he smelt HOMELY [uSA folks, that means so fresh and so clean in England-speak, the way your home should smell. Get it? Home + ly. — ^@@^]. Ok yes, that sounds very odd does it not, but that’s the only word of I can think of to describe it, he clearly hadn’t worn any so it was just him and he smelt very nice!"

His hand and maybe this include his fingers - :rolleyes:

"He then said “Thank you for coming” and held out his PERFECT hand again which I had already touched and shook outside when he came in, so I was in shock that I got to do it again. AHHHH his hand was so soft and warm and perfect, he smiled again as I shook his hand

...."

"... yes I did stare at his CROTCH for a while! Rain’s crotch in real life is indescribable!!!"

Naughty, indeed! :lol:

(Met Rain at the MCM store in London! January 25, 2011) :o

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. Among all the fan accounts I've read since yesterday, this topped it all. I love how she described in detail what she saw on RAIN - hahaha. About the inside white shirt, I saw that it was color white & has a front print but gosh, shame on me - didn't notice again that naked girl.......IDK about bbly since she has always a sharp-eye on detail like this. I said this ever since here that I lack this - And about the lips, I agree - that shapely-lips is really to die for. Hey, bbly - see that smell? Just imagine it - hehehe. Wow, those fans who got to shake hands with him were just sooo lucky. I've seen him many times but never even once had I touch his hands. And the "behind' - hehehe - no one can deny this that is really PERFECT. I've been saying this over & over again that his back for me is a TOTAL ART. Do envy those fans out there during that event that they got enough of him while he was there.

Hi bbly, Ye, his trip to Europe is a combination of pleasure & business. Good for him after all. About the smell, I think that was both from a scent of a shampoo & a body soap. But, definitely it wasn't a cologne or perfume scent.

Why do I feel like intruding his private life now, when reading about his smell? blush.gif

His shirt inside

*quoted image*

His eyes and lips

About his height, bod and his smell -

His hand and maybe this include his fingers -

(Met Rain at the MCM store in London! January 25, 2011)

Regarding the t-shirt, I was able to see (after reading this account) that it's a woman after all but no idea how naked she is. blush.gif I think Rain had once a t-shirt on which had naked breasts of a woman some time back or? There was a huge discussion about this as well. To his defense: the breasts were at the back of this shirt. :D

His eyes, lips - 100% agreed!

His body and smell - don't want to think about it. :P

His hands and fingers - my weak point when it comes to Rain. :wub:

Maybe I am too old or old-fashioned, but I really enjoyed reading this fan account until it came to this last part. I was like: was that really necessary? I just feel it is a bit too much. Just imagine how Rain would react to read fans talking about his "thing" (dear willenette, I think it's the part that is in front and not his back that this fan is talking about ;) ).

Well, sorry I couldn't keep quiet as usual and hope I am not misunderstood now. :unsure:

Why do I feel like intruding his private life now, when reading about his smell? blush.gif

Regarding the t-shirt, I was able to see (after reading this account) that it's a woman after all but no idea how naked she is. blush.gif I think Rain had once a t-shirt on which had naked breasts of a woman some time back or? There was a huge discussion about this as well. To his defense: the breasts were at the back of this shirt. :D

Maybe I am too old or old-fashioned, but I really enjoyed reading this fan account until it came to this last part. I was like: was that really necessary? I just feel it is a bit too much. Just imagine how Rain would react to read fans talking about his "thing" (dear willenette, I think it's the part that is in front and not his back that this fan is talking about ;) ).

Well, sorry I couldn't keep quiet as usual and hope I am not misunderstood now. :unsure:

Hi bbly, about the smell, I don't think talking about it is intruding his private life - he's a public property, after all - hehehe. About the t-shirt with breast print before, ye he had one of this & you're right, he wore it & discussions was all over the net again. About the fan account, I went over it again to read & ye, I misunderstood it - it was the "front" she's referring to - hahaha. Wahhh.....that girl........ :lol:

Guest Yunho_Jaejoong

Well, I feel the same actually. I envy the fans who got to see Rain close up and shake his hand or give him a handshake. All the spazz talk about his charms, height, softness of his hands are nice to hear. I just don't think talking about his crotch is a suitable topic in a public forum such as this. Just because Rain is a top celebrity and also male doesn't mean fans should talk about such things. I mean... how would fans like it if others were to talk about their privates etc in public forums?

Are you referring to this scandalous shirt? LOL

rainscandalousshirt.jpg

This time he was more careful. The jacket covered all details LOL

I have nothing against it;-)

About the fan accounts… What are you looking at? :lol:

rain35x.gif

Well, I feel the same actually. I envy the fans who got to see Rain close up and shake his hand or give him a handshake. All the spazz talk about his charms, height, softness of his hands are nice to hear. I just don't think talking about his crotch is a suitable topic in a public forum such as this. Just because Rain is a top celebrity and also male doesn't mean fans should talk about such things. I mean... how would fans like it if others were to talk about their privates etc in public forums?

Glad I am not alone with this opinion! I just don't feel right about it, sorry when talking like this not only about Rain but any other "public" person.

Rains Collages

2011-01-19

*quoted image*

First Ep. Fugitive

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source:/blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2/

Love the 2nd picture! Rain was sooooo cute during this scene when writing to the gorgeous and funny KSA! I think I will watch this show again with the 2. They were really a wonderful couple. ;)

Are you referring to this scandalous shirt? LOL

*quoted image*

This time he was more careful. The jacket covered all details LOL

I have nothing against it;-)

*quoted image*

Yeah, that is exactly the one I was referring too! It's his decision what he wants to wear or not, he is old enough. :D I am sure some won't like it.

Hahahaha, this is the face Rain should give to fans who check him out (or shall I say to certain areas): What you're lookin' at pal??? :lol:

110120 Rain & Baekga in Paris

scorpiola 2011-01-30 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

Credit: Baekga cyworld // raincloudhk

1%2815%29.jpg

3%2811%29.jpg

===========================================================

Credit: Baekga cyworld // pipi-rain's blog // raincloudhk

2%2811%29.jpg

------------------------------

Rain's Video display at Star Avenue (Lotte Dept. Store)

by Adette 2011-01-21 @ Rain-USA

STARA_AVE_3.jpg

There's a big screen that features all Lotte star endorsers. You get to touch the artist you like and a video will play about him Since we love Rain we kept pressing him and his videos kept playing.

Rain's Video display at Star Avenue (Lotte Dept. Store)

by Adette 2011-01-21 @ Rain-USA

*quoted image*

There's a big screen that features all Lotte star endorsers. You get to touch the artist you like and a video will play about him Since we love Rain we kept pressing him and his videos kept playing.

I think I wouldn't stop clicking on each screen for a long, long time and just keep on watching Rain! :wub:

Guest MariYEH

cr: CDBloom @ yeh.net for eng trans

source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=C1101300126

Idol Acting Solution: A Role With 3 Empty Expressions

2011013008567745591.jpg

[OSEN=Choi Young-Kyun's Insider]

The challenges put up by the idol singers into the acting world is so strong, one can easily call this an invasion.

And the strain felt by the acting management agencies are big as well. The number of idols participation in supporting roles have continued to increase over time. There were times in the past when a singer would come on a drama, immediately be struck with the 'acting criticism', and return to focus on his/her main job as a singer. But things have changed a lot now.

Some claim that the main reason behind the decrease of 'acting criticism' is because today's idols are more prepared for acting. Many of acting idols had taken acting classes before debuting as singers. But this argument is lacking in completely explaining the reasons to why it has become easier for idols to become actors today.

The answers can be found in recent dramas, 'Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal' and 'Dream High'. There are similarities in the reasons to how the main characters were able to succeed in their debut and receive good reviews. If an idol can select a character which require limited changes in facial expressions, voice, and emotion, such characters that require limited skills of these 3 expressions, then he/she can succeed. This was the case for Park Yoo-Chun of 'Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal' and Suzy of 'Dream High'.

Park Yoo-Chun's character, Lee Sun-Joon and Suzy's character, Go Hye-Mi were basically crude characters. Because their characters were crude, emotional expressions which required changes in their voice and face were limited. Of course, they were both warm hearted characters who were only crude from the way they seemed on the outside. But the more complex scenes that require displaying of emotional warmth is not necessary until the latter part of the drama.

As for the beginning of the drama, they use their emotionless and expressionless face to fulfill a character with limited script lines. The best example of such case would be Big Bang's Top, from drama 'Iris', although it wasn't his main role. Top was able to successfully complete his challenge into the acting realm.

It was all different in the past. Everyone had previously thought that the way to succeed in becoming an actor was to pick a character which had the most similarities with personalities of the actor playing the role. It was because of Bi (Rain), who had succeeded in playing a sad, but playful character in 'Let's Go To School, Sang Doo' and Yoon Eun-Hye, who successfully portrayed the easy going and lovable young girl in 'Goong'.

But by examining the outcome of all other singers besides these two, and the fact that all outside of these two had failed in their acting debut, we can easily say that this solution of choosing the character who has similar personalities isn't the answer to success. In the end, we must correctly conclude that while Bi (Rain) and Yoon Eun-Hye were singers, they simply had the talents to become a successful actor. While both of the characters that Bi (Rain) and Yoon Eun-Hye played in their first leading roles may have been somewhat similar to their real personalities, the respective characters were more complex than the simple, crude ones.

In comparison, choosing a role which limits the requirements of 3 expressions, is expected to continue for the idols. It is a way to lower the 'acting criticism' and allow popular idols to be used in dramas, by simply letting them play one of the main characters that requires limited expressions in face, voice, and emotions. And this practice is expected to increase in the future.

[OSEN: General Public's Culture Guide ck1@osen.co.kr]

*quoted image*

Hi Kicia, hahaha - nice & cool gif........love it! :sweatingbullets:

cr: CDBloom @ yeh.net for eng trans

source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=C1101300126

Idol Acting Solution: A Role With 3 Empty Expressions

*quoted image*

[OSEN=Choi Young-Kyun's Insider]

The challenges put up by the idol singers into the acting world is so strong, one can easily call this an invasion.

It was all different in the past. Everyone had previously thought that the way to succeed in becoming an actor was to pick a character which had the most similarities with personalities of the actor playing the role. It was because of Bi (Rain), who had succeeded in playing a sad, but playful character in 'Let's Go To School, Sang Doo' and Yoon Eun-Hye, who successfully portrayed the easy going and lovable young girl in 'Goong'.

But by examining the outcome of all other singers besides these two, and the fact that all outside of these two had failed in their acting debut, we can easily say that this solution of choosing the character who has similar personalities isn't the answer to success. In the end, we must correctly conclude that while Bi (Rain) and Yoon Eun-Hye were singers, they simply had the talents to become a successful actor. While both of the characters that Bi (Rain) and Yoon Eun-Hye played in their first leading roles may have been somewhat similar to their real personalities, the respective characters were more complex than the simple, crude ones.

In comparison, choosing a role which limits the requirements of 3 expressions, is expected to continue for the idols. It is a way to lower the 'acting criticism' and allow popular idols to be used in dramas, by simply letting them play one of the main characters that requires limited expressions in face, voice, and emotions. And this practice is expected to increase in the future.

[OSEN: General Public's Culture Guide ck1@osen.co.kr]

Thanks for sharing this article here. :lol:

[Jan-31-2011] Rain's fan club organizes its own society for its regular support of Africa’s children.

l391204201101301940350.jpg

Singer and actor Rain's fans have decided to do a good deed regularly.

Benamoo, one of his fan clubs, has made a concerted effort to help Africa’s children.

This fan club is regularly to contribute to the child poverty action group under Rain's name, organizing its own society in support of Africa’s children.

Benamoo which has given to those who need whenever some social issues are addressed, has decided to regularly do something valuable and meaningful with the coming of the new year. The members' supporter ID card will be issued, and they'll do worthwhile things under Rain's name.

Rain's fans from 12 countries around the world donated twelve million KRW to Good Neighbors in celebration of the first broadcast of KBS 2TV drama 'The Fugitive Plan B' starring Rain late last year.

credit to Sports Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20110131n02166

Rains Collages

2011-01-19

*quoted image*

First Ep. Fugitive

*quoted image*

Source:/blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2/

anjjo, thanks for posting more collages of Fugitive. These are cute & so cool. I like how the Director made RAIN here had fun so many times during filming of this drama. His laugh was so adorable. He looked so cute when he smiles, too! I think there are so many nice & cute lines in Fugitive as well! And he played his role well. Now, done re-watching this drama & currently watching Daemul... tongue2.gif

[Jan-31-2011] Rain's fan club organizes its own society for its regular support of Africa’s children.

*quoted image*

Singer and actor Rain's fans have decided to do a good deed regularly.

Benamoo, one of his fan clubs, has made a concerted effort to help Africa’s children.

This fan club is regularly to contribute to the child poverty action group under Rain's name, organizing its own society in support of Africa’s children.

Benamoo which has given to those who need whenever some social issues are addressed, has decided to regularly do something valuable and meaningful with the coming of the new year. The members' supporter ID card will be issued, and they'll do worthwhile things under Rain's name.

Rain's fans from 12 countries around the world donated twelve million KRW to Good Neighbors in celebration of the first broadcast of KBS 2TV drama 'The Fugitive Plan B' starring Rain late last year.

credit to Sports Hankook http://news.nate.com/view/20110131n02166

anjjo, thanks dear for sharing this. Another accomplishment added to Clouds.... RAIN is just so lucky also to have fanbase like them. Clouds rock! :lol:

Beautiful wallpaper

2011-01-27

*quoted image*

credit:yyrain@rain-cloud.co.kr/

anjjo, ye, a very beautiful wallpaper...... I’m sure he had a good vacation while in Paris & even in London. Sad to know, cameras were strictly not allowed inside the room where he was during that MCM event. But I could see that everyone was happy. Short appearance but worth it. I’m happy for all those who were there who got to see him up close & personal. For all of you who were there - Thanks for welcoming Rain in London MCM. :lol: